Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Best 97 Coach???  - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Best 97 Coach???

+11
You talking to me?
97MAN
treefrog13
Tequilapark
The German
True10
my2cents
plantit
omega striker
ticoz
EastTexasSoccer
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best 97 Coach???  - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 97 Coach???

Post by EastTexasSoccer 10/26/2011, 1:35 pm

From what I understand one of the BIG 4 did try to pick them up (or do a hostile takeover)...whatever you want to call it.

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zorro 10/26/2011, 2:14 pm

another vote for suarez he has evolved as years have gone bye and doesnt get the pick of the litter like alot of other coaches have had and he isnt even a good recruiter at all, those players just come his way and is a great motivator and has promoted many players to higher levels in FCD kudos to him.
Zorro
Zorro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/26/2011, 2:20 pm

Solar did try to pick up the team a year or two ago but that never happened.

97MAN you are correct they did play some of the better teams in D1 last but they did not play those teams week in and week out in a league schedule which is quite different than in a tourney. But yes they did do well against those teams they played.

Not surprised they are on top of D1 this year. They are the best team.

D1 has some kids that are pre-academy level but more pre-academy type players left last year than stayed. Less talent same number of teams, watered down. D2 teams moving up with basically the same players. Seems watered downed to me still competitive but watered down.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 10/26/2011, 4:16 pm

True10 wrote:Solar did try to pick up the team a year or two ago but that never happened.

97MAN you are correct they did play some of the better teams in D1 last but they did not play those teams week in and week out in a league schedule which is quite different than in a tourney. But yes they did do well against those teams they played.

Not surprised they are on top of D1 this year. They are the best team.

D1 has some kids that are pre-academy level but more pre-academy type players left last year than stayed. Less talent same number of teams, watered down. D2 teams moving up with basically the same players. Seems watered downed to me still competitive but watered down.

Totally agree - it's more competitive, but definitely watered down. I don't think the D1 teams of this season could fair as well at Disney or Dallas Cup - from what I've seen, I think they'd struggle as far as the middle and defensive speed (look at the amount of goals being scored this year, that tells you something).

Agree with the Jessie speak, he's always been a feeder for premier and has managed to put together competitive teams every year. I.E., as I predicted, is the top team this year - no surprise - I think they were between 3-6 in last year's D1 as far as talent goes. They do suffer the same thing as AR/AW/SR did last year in that you never know when they will lay an egg against someone they should soundly defeat. IMO, AR/AW/SR got a heckuva lot out of their teams due to superior coaching. I don't know that the talent was that deep but the coaches could give any and every team a go with some consistency (not entirely).

From our former parents, I've heard rave reviews for Molina - they really like him, his coaching, his demands on the team, positive reinforcement. One thing that strikes me is that each week, the players have to earn spots on the roster for that weekend. That makes every practice better and the kids focus more. This was the very thing Pete Carroll did for USC as far as recruiting those kids that wanted to prove that they were the best and become even better.

http://www.teamsportcoaching.com/importance-of-practice-pete-carroll/

http://hoopthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/pete-carrolls-approach-to-practice.html

FYI - Josema's practices were superb, heard many other coaches who witnessed them say they were very impressed with them as well.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/26/2011, 11:25 pm

You talking to me? wrote:
plantit wrote:
97MAN wrote:
treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
EastTexasSoccer wrote:A good recruiter he may be...but please note the team had to start out somewhere and with some players @ some point. A great player is not going to go to a sub-par independent team w/out looking @ the coach. I agree; a great roster of players will attract other players, but the IE initial roster started somewhere.

Just sayin...
so then what do you call the coaches that started off in D1? scratch

Better recruiter earlier Laughing

IE is nothing like the team that passed up qualifying to go to the APL. Winning helps recruiting and you only have to beat the competition in your division. Some D3 talent and APL will win APL. Mix some D2 talent in with D3 players you win D3. Add some D1 talent to a solid D2 group and win D2. Now you have a D1 team with a low cost and PL spot. Shave off the bottom of your roster and [i]add some more D1 kids and allow the kids to play HS sports and the team starts to recruit itself. D1 is now watered down and a CL championship is in store. They do not have to play FCD, DTR, AR, AW or SR of last year.[/i]
Good coach maybe. Smart patient and a good recruiter for sure.

Bingo!..To be fair, they also did well against last year's AR, AW in winter tourney. Numbers say they would have been midpack even before pre-academy exodus, but as you say, a very good team that allows other HS activities is gold!
Come on guys this coach is not any different then any other D1 coach, yes he has added to his roster every year to make sure his team continues to improve, like any other coach would. Tree frog your right last year his D2 team beat several D1 teams like FCDB,AR,and AW, he also if I remember right tied DTR in the state cup, so TRUE10 for you to say that they don't have to play these teams, they did.

I do agree that Jesse Suarez is a great coach and has had some kids on his team that has moved up, but lets remember just like the IE coach he has added to his roster every year to make his team better. At U12 some of his great talent came from the old OC United, So yes he is a good coach and a good recruiter, I believe all coaches have to be a good recruiter. Have you ever seen Hassan from Texans bring a team from the bottom to the top, no he takes over teams and builds on them, What is so wrong with that?

Also TRUE10 for you to say that D1 is watered down, I disagree. My BB played in D1 last year as well as this year and he fells like the competition is still at a high level. Yes we are missing alot of the superstars from last year, but I just believe there are now new superstars that have taken there place and also could have played pre-academy but chose not to.

97.. Cannot compare beating teams in tournaments with guest players .. They didn't even play those teams in league play.Not to take anything away from I.E their good . I do not agree that jesse has added to make his team better . He has mearly added to fill holes left by those who have either moved on or moved up.The tell tale sign is that he loses players and can still keep his team playing at a high level. And yes he did gain a few when the 97 Boca team came over a few years back. I think 1 or 2 are left.He gets and retains players due to the fact that they respect him..

A. Pelaes is a great coach, personally.
O yeah, Plantit, Im beginning to think that you're hating on IE'S coach. I dont recall this team using guest players, only one from DTR who didnt make any difference really

Chill there TEX. I'm not hating on him , I don't even know the guys name.

Guest players ??? PULEEZ, I.E ,tigres , tigres , I.E. does it matter? I.E dumps to Tigres 4-0 to help them in D/C , No there's no relationship there.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by showurright 10/31/2011, 2:08 pm

I don’t think that there is any team in d1 or any coach in d1 that would put his players on the pitch to lose!!! Watered down???? Maybe your team is!!! But there r good teams out there like IE and Fc Dallas central. This is y there in 1ts and 2d place. This is also y u r on here hating on teams, players and coaches u don’t even know!!! I do believe that ALL 10 TEAMS in d1 play to win!!! And if u DONT then u need to go back to rec soccer! Cus like the great Ricky bobby says IF YOU’RE NOT FRIST YOU’RE LAST!!!!

showurright
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/31/2011, 3:39 pm

Who's Frist??? Laughing

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 97MAN 10/31/2011, 4:35 pm

my2cents wrote:Who's Frist??? Laughing
Ricky Bobby.....

97MAN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2