Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Family Soccer Experience

+18
clueless
Ibystander
sillymom
treefrog13
DadofDefense
plantit
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Axxman
arsenalfan
omega striker
go99
timkvfp
socmom3
tigre4now
True10
Crochet
ball-coise is mhath
taylortoons
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Empty Re: Family Soccer Experience

Post by ball-coise is mhath 9/16/2009, 11:01 am

Back in my day, flopping on the ground and rolling around holding your leg to draw a foul after a little tap wasn't quite the art form it seems to have become these days. That was for wusses, not real men--playing through nasty bruises and bloody shins was part of the game. Getting soccer boots wasn't so easy, and plenty of us wore football cleats.

Shin guards make it easier to continue playing hard when playing aggressive ball. I'm all for em, but they don't do much to prevent serious injury. I also didn't wear bike helmets, seat belts etc. etc. But you bet I make my kids--its a do as I say, not as I did as a kid kind of thing.

If it was my kid, I'd have a talk with him about being stupid for not wearing them. I applauded my 94s coach the other day when he made half the team run sprints etc. after practice because they weren't wearing their shin guards.

ball-coise is mhath
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/16/2009, 11:52 am

I loved playing in cold sleet. Nothing like dribbling down the field full speed as the stinging ice feels like a million needles ripping through your skin! The cold air burns your lungs as your breath freezes and hits the ground in chunks of ice. And when you collide with another player, you can hear frozen bones pop! Those were the days!
Then there's the whole media thing. If you get that lucky, there is not feeling that replaces it...A few of our boys are going to know about that soon...There are a few very pecial players in the 99s!
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sillymom 9/16/2009, 1:10 pm

yes, yes, yes, praying to the Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Icon_sunny gods for this weekend.
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/16/2009, 3:43 pm

taylortoons wrote:I loved playing in cold sleet. Nothing like dribbling down the field full speed as the stinging ice feels like a million needles ripping through your skin! The cold air burns your lungs as your breath freezes and hits the ground in chunks of ice. And when you collide with another player, you can hear frozen bones pop! Those were the days!
Then there's the whole media thing. If you get that lucky, there is not feeling that replaces it...A few of our boys are going to know about that soon...There are a few very pecial players in the 99s!
The media? Good lord. Don't know about you, but I'm making sure my kid has a side job so he can eat later on. Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Lol
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 9/16/2009, 4:46 pm

Ibystander wrote:
taylortoons wrote:I loved playing in cold sleet. Nothing like dribbling down the field full speed as the stinging ice feels like a million needles ripping through your skin! The cold air burns your lungs as your breath freezes and hits the ground in chunks of ice. And when you collide with another player, you can hear frozen bones pop! Those were the days!
The media? Good lord. Don't know about you, but I'm making sure my kid has a side job so he can eat later on. Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Lol
I think he meant very few, not few very.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 9/16/2009, 4:50 pm

clueless wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
What are "pecial players"?
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/16/2009, 5:15 pm

dreambig wrote:
clueless wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
What are "pecial players"?
Don't pick on looneytunes, he is a foreigner and hasn't learned his s & p's yet. He meant to say $pecial.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/17/2009, 11:33 am

Mine English is not always so good, eh?
Really, I hacked the keyboard on that last post. English is my first language. Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Icon_tongue Thanks for all the input.
What about the other parent of your BB? Are they footballers as well? Mine, no. She played tennis through college.
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by forefathers 9/17/2009, 9:59 pm

yes, yes, yes, yes,
Speaking of old times....in the beginning of clubs or select teams, anyone remember the UIL rules made you pick between your comptetive team and your high school team (no shin guards required).
forefathers
forefathers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 9/18/2009, 9:46 am

as far as old times... I just have a hard time explaining to my kids why I'm wearing those fruity soccer shorts when they see pics of me as a kid playing soccer.. you know the shorts... yup... they were horrible... almost as bad as the socks we wore... and the "jerseys" (* cough* t-shirts*)... with "Ray Cook's Septic Tank Service" emblazoned across the front....
yup, we were trail blazers..
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/18/2009, 9:53 am

Slakemoth wrote:as far as old times... I just have a hard time explaining to my kids why I'm wearing those fruity soccer shorts when they see pics of me as a kid playing soccer.. you know the shorts... yup... they were horrible... almost as bad as the socks we wore... and the "jerseys" (* cough* t-shirts*)... with "Ray Cook's Septic Tank Service" emblazoned across the front....
Don't feel so bad. One of my boys never seemed to wear the right color socks with his uniforms. We have pictures of him wearing purple, orange, blue, white, and black zebra-topped socks. Finally, his coach came up to him one day and pleaded, "Please, please, xxxxxxx, wear red socks for our next game. Red socks, ok?" I think he actually cared about socks after that.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 9/18/2009, 12:48 pm

Slakemoth wrote:as far as old times... I just have a hard time explaining to my kids why I'm wearing those fruity soccer shorts when they see pics of me as a kid playing soccer.. you know the shorts... yup... they were horrible... almost as bad as the socks we wore... and the "jerseys" (* cough* t-shirts*)... with "Ray Cook's Septic Tank Service" emblazoned across the front....

Are you talking about the "Maradona Shorts" as my kids call them?

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 9/18/2009, 1:36 pm

hahaha.. yup... those are the ones.... oh and I can't forget the big "70's" style headbands some kids wore... shameful
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 9/18/2009, 1:46 pm

Does anyone remember the old Solar uniforms? Back in the days of the beginning when dad's actually coached the "CLUB" team.

Bright Yellow and red. They were something to remember.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 9/18/2009, 2:50 pm

They sure were easy to spot!
And BTW, Arsenal, be careful, one of those "dad coaches" was very special to me! Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/18/2009, 8:57 pm

Wow. We have a bunch of old-schoolers around here. Looks like I'm not the only dad in their "late 40's" with a 10 year old (and 4 year old). What are some of the oldest clubs here in Dallas. I have heard about Solar and the Longhorns. They go back to the mid-1970s, right? Any others? Maybe some that were good back in the day, but faded over time.
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 9/19/2009, 7:17 am

ontherightside wrote:They sure were easy to spot!
And BTW, Arsenal, be careful, one of those "dad coaches" was very special to me! Family Soccer Experience - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I had one that was very special to me also! Who knows we could ahve played onthe same team.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 9/19/2009, 7:20 am

taylortoons wrote:Wow. We have a bunch of old-schoolers around here. Looks like I'm not the only dad in their "late 40's" with a 10 year old (and 4 year old). What are some of the oldest clubs here in Dallas. I have heard about Solar and the Longhorns. They go back to the mid-1970s, right? Any others? Maybe some that were good back in the day, but faded over time.
Texas Longhorns were one of the most prestigeous back then. They were already taking trips to Europe in the late 70 and early 80s. Flame was also around ran by Bobby Moffat. Gunners out of East Dallas. Titans. Funny how the teams names fade and then come back years later.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2