Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

TFC Cup predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

TFC Cup predictions

+5
Dunga
Axxman
Soccerinsanity
SoccerGenius99
omega striker
9 posters

Go down

TFC Cup predictions Empty TFC Cup predictions

Post by omega striker 12/4/2011, 12:58 am

heres mine Solar Red beats up everybody collects yet another championship trophy woo hoo nuff said good nite! bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

TFC Cup predictions Empty Re: TFC Cup predictions

Post by SoccerGenius99 12/4/2011, 2:11 pm

omega striker wrote:heres mine Solar Red beats up everybody collects yet another championship trophy woo hoo nuff said good nite! bom

Solar Red '99 is definitely the top team in this tournament. They are a HANDFUL and then some.

Any given weekend..........
SoccerGenius99
SoccerGenius99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/4/2011, 3:39 pm

SoccerGenius99 wrote:
omega striker wrote:heres mine Solar Red beats up everybody collects yet another championship trophy woo hoo nuff said good nite! bom

Solar Red '99 is definitely the top team in this tournament. They are a HANDFUL and then some.

Laughing they are the top team in ANY tournament in texas and this region Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/5/2011, 12:03 pm

Agreed about SR...yawn....what's new?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

TFC Cup predictions Empty Schedules are posted

Post by Guest 12/5/2011, 12:12 pm

Not sure I like the Brackets, but early vesion of the schedule is posted!
http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=21517&GroupID=190188&Sex=Boys&Age=13

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 12/5/2011, 1:33 pm

omega striker wrote:
SoccerGenius99 wrote:

You can give them the crown all you want but the last tournament our team was part of, they barely tied us, lost to FCD, and got whooped by DTS. They had 5 PA players in the game against us and DTS, so lets not get carried away just yet. Perhaps teams are learning how to play them.....?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/5/2011, 1:50 pm

Axxman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
SoccerGenius99 wrote:

You can give them the crown all you want but the last tournament our team was part of, they barely tied us, lost to FCD, and got whooped by DTS. They had 5 PA players in the game against us and DTS, so lets not get carried away just yet. Perhaps teams are learning how to play them.....?
haha well cause' of that tournament they are going to come out blasting! hopefully TFC will stack their defense like they did against the wizards in the carey tournament and choke off the excessive scoring! they will more than likely be in the finals against FCD youth unless the comets can finally pull it together? or hell who knows maybe one of these PPL teams can have a great weekend and win it all! affraid doubt it but you never know christmas could come early! santa
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGenius99 12/5/2011, 2:53 pm

omega striker wrote:
Axxman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
SoccerGenius99 wrote:

haha well cause' of that tournament they are going to come out blasting! hopefully TFC will stack their defense like they did against the wizards in the carey tournament and choke off the excessive scoring! they will more than likely be in the finals against FCD youth unless the comets can finally pull it together? or hell who knows maybe one of these PPL teams can have a great weekend and win it all! affraid doubt it but you never know christmas could come early! santa

From my recollection, the wizards beat our TFC boys team in the 2nd half. It was a back and forth game until the last 10 mins of the game and wizards scored off a rebound.

So stacking the defense doesn't sound right to me. But maybe you know our coach better than we do.
SoccerGenius99
SoccerGenius99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/5/2011, 6:01 pm

SoccerGenius99 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Axxman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
SoccerGenius99 wrote:

From my recollection, the wizards beat our TFC boys team in the 2nd half. It was a back and forth game until the last 10 mins of the game and wizards scored off a rebound.

So stacking the defense doesn't sound right to me. But maybe you know our coach better than we do.
Laughing thats way too funny never never and i mean never was TFC a threat to score they if i can recollect only kicked across to the wizards side like twice and thats no BS either it was really windy out and the wizards missed a TON of shots on goal even if they had made HALF of the goals shot on goal the score would have been like 10-0!!! the 2-0 score did not reflect the game at all and thats with the the 8-1-1 line up or what it looked like in that game! both the first and second half was dominated by the wizards maybe you need to check tape! lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunga 12/6/2011, 8:09 am

Come on guys...no need to argue the point. Speaking of the Wizards, they are an improving team with lots of heart and skill. They are humble and getting better. When they do lose they make no excuses. When they win they take it in stride. All teams should behave that way.
Dunga
Dunga
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PassAndMove 12/6/2011, 11:36 am

The bracket assignments seem fair enough: Classic D1 in each, Classic D3 in 2 and the PPL spread out over the 3 brackets.

However the game assignments for the two 3-team brackets were not set up such that the teams in Bracket B only play the 3 teams in Bracket C and the teams in Bracket C only play teams in Bracket B. This would be the fairest way to compare points in bracket play to determine the teams that go to the semis.

Instead, the Comets and FC Dallas Youth 99 do not play each other in bracket play but are given a cakewalk through bracket play. Therefore these 2 Classic D1 teams are given an even greater advantage than the bracket seeding process provides.

The bracket play should be level-playing field. The points within a bracket should mean something (apples-to-apples comparison). Teams enter tournaments to get challenging games and the opportunity to play teams outside their league. But bracket play should be setup up fairly. Comets Blue should play FC Dallas Youth 99 in the prelims. Otherwise their points will mean nothing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

PassAndMove
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/6/2011, 11:38 am

Dunga wrote:Come on guys...no need to argue the point. Speaking of the Wizards, they are an improving team with lots of heart and skill. They are humble and getting better. When they do lose they make no excuses. When they win they take it in stride. All teams should behave that way.
no arguement just stating facts Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 12/6/2011, 11:55 am

PassAndMove wrote:The bracket assignments seem fair enough: Classic D1 in each, Classic D3 in 2 and the PPL spread out over the 3 brackets.

However the game assignments for the two 3-team brackets were not set up such that the teams in Bracket B only play the 3 teams in Bracket C and the teams in Bracket C only play teams in Bracket B. This would be the fairest way to compare points in bracket play to determine the teams that go to the semis.

Instead, the Comets and FC Dallas Youth 99 do not play each other in bracket play but are given a cakewalk through bracket play. Therefore these 2 Classic D1 teams are given an even greater advantage than the bracket seeding process provides.

The bracket play should be level-playing field. The points within a bracket should mean something (apples-to-apples comparison). Teams enter tournaments to get challenging games and the opportunity to play teams outside their league. But bracket play should be setup up fairly. Comets Blue should play FC Dallas Youth 99 in the prelims. Otherwise their points will mean nothing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I would say that none of the D1 teams play each other in bracket play, including Solar Rad and yes the higher seaded teams do have an advantage, as they should.

afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 12/6/2011, 12:00 pm

PassAndMove wrote:The bracket assignments seem fair enough: Classic D1 in each, Classic D3 in 2 and the PPL spread out over the 3 brackets.

Just my 2 cents worth.

You're right on... to that point why is DT 00 Black in this age group? As a tournament director, I would allow them to play up only if I had Blue and White division, putting them in the White Division.

DT 00 Black would struggle to win a game in the U12 White Division.

As a D1 U13 team, I would not want to play a Plano Premier D2 level younger team. That does not help my team in any way.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 12/6/2011, 1:02 pm

indyfc wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth.

You're right on... to that point why is DT 00 Black in this age group? As a tournament director, I would allow them to play up only if I had Blue and White division, putting them in the White Division.

DT 00 Black would struggle to win a game in the U12 White Division.

As a D1 U13 team, I would not want to play a Plano Premier D2 level younger team. That does not help my team in any way.

The barkets don't work as well with 9 teams and the 00's bracket have a good working number. If you were the tournament diretor they wouldn't make as much money and that is what this is about. The Texans 00 have play up in the prior tournament, so I would assume they requested to play up.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/6/2011, 5:55 pm

And it's "any given day...." Never assume the d1 teams will automatically win. A lot of coaches use tournaments to experiment by moving players to new spots, etc. Nothing is auto-pilot.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/7/2011, 1:45 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:And it's "any given day...." Never assume the d1 teams will automatically win. A lot of coaches use tournaments to experiment by moving players to new spots, etc. Nothing is auto-pilot.
true so very true its sometimes just "roll the dice" and se if you get lucky 7 or snake eyes! affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/7/2011, 5:19 pm

Is SR or any of the other teams affected by the ODP games?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 12/8/2011, 2:31 pm

I think SR will be impacted by a PA game Saturday at 11:00.

I don't know of any of their boys going to Oklahoma for ODP.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/8/2011, 2:42 pm

ontherightside wrote:I think SR will be impacted by a PA game Saturday at 11:00.

nah they play DT black 00' its a given for them! Sleep
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGenius99 12/9/2011, 11:38 pm

omega striker wrote:
ontherightside wrote:I think SR will be impacted by a PA game Saturday at 11:00.

nah they play DT black 00' its a given for them! Sleep

Solar red beat TFC 99 Larry 4-0!

SoccerGenius99
SoccerGenius99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/10/2011, 8:59 am

What were the other scores?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity