Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Predictions for the upcoming season Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Predictions for the upcoming season

+6
rocketpop
Ant_Knee
Javaguy
muc03b
Good1stTouch
dadof3
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predictions for the upcoming season Empty Predictions for the upcoming season

Post by Javaguy 8/7/2017, 10:57 pm

Interested to hear everyone's prediction about the upcoming D1 season. Lots of strong teams with lots of new faces. Any predictions?

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the upcoming season Empty Re: Predictions for the upcoming season

Post by longview 8/8/2017, 7:59 am

Top finishers last year probably stayed strong. Big question is going to be 3rd or 4th down to 10th. Hearing a lot of turnover on a number of teams, so will be interesting to see who got it right. No obvious candidates at this point for relegation spots.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the upcoming season Empty Re: Predictions for the upcoming season

Post by muc03b 8/8/2017, 10:14 am

I'd say FC Premier, FCD Premier and FCD Waters are your top 3. Too early to tell which order they finish in. New players and chemistry will play a big role along with bigger rosters and managing substitutions properly. 4-10 a crapshoot. If I had to choose two that get relegated right now, I'd roll the dice and say Borgarello and Che's West team.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 8/8/2017, 10:40 am

Watching both Solar Cates and Solar Deleon play this weekend in Summer Classic. They both looked really strong dominating in ball possession over FCD Red 02. The only competition in the tournament for either one of the Solar teams. But just like every other team with new players they will need to learn to gel together.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Good1stTouch 8/8/2017, 12:51 pm

Soccer27 wrote:Watching both Solar Cates and Solar Deleon play this weekend in Summer Classic. They both looked really strong dominating in ball possession over FCD Red 02. The only competition in the tournament for either one of the Solar teams. But just like every other team with new players they will need to learn to gel together.

I agree with MUC on the top three, at least until proven otherwise.

Soccer27, you guys had no other competition besides FCD Red?
Good1stTouch
Good1stTouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy 8/8/2017, 1:22 pm

We are new to the '03s so it will be interesting to see how things play out. BB played '02 last year because he wanted to stay with friends. It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds. On BB new team almost half the kids are new. Already a good team, it will be interesting to see how quickly they bond. I could see the teams that start quickly will have the best success.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 8/8/2017, 1:28 pm

I have heard or seen turnover of 9 players, 10 players, and 9 players on 3 D1 teams, and know of 3 others with impact player losses (don't know how well those teams backfilled).  

I don't think we'll know anything until around Gameday 6 of CL.  After 2 rounds last year, FCD Premier was 0-2 and in last place, but won the league.  

I'm sure we're in for a very competitive league this year, and only time will tell.  For the big 3, did teams lose kids to DA?  Did they get talented kids dropping out of DA? Did talent consolidate to fewer teams or stay dispersed? Did FC Premier avoid DA poaching of their difference makers?

With 5 FCD and 3 Solar teams, the thing I'm least looking forward to is looking at scores on the CL website.  Always very useful to see that FC DALLAS YOUTH FC DALLAS Y tied SOLAR CHELSEA SOLAR CHELSEA 2-2.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 8/8/2017, 2:03 pm

Soccer27, you guys had no other competition besides FCD Red?[/quote]

Correction: Azzurri played really well in the tournament and showed they can compete with both Solar D1 teams. They will do really well in D2 and be a team to look out for as te season goes.

Good1stTouch wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:Watching both Solar Cates and Solar Deleon play this weekend in Summer Classic. They both looked really strong dominating in ball possession over FCD Red 02. The only competition in the tournament for either one of the Solar teams. But just like every other team with new players they will need to learn to gel together.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 8/8/2017, 2:58 pm

I'll throw some Week 1 predictions out there to get some more convo going...of course this is not knowing much of anything about any of the dogs in this fight with the exception of one...

FC Premier-3 Solar Sawyer-0
FCD Waters-2 FCD Borgarello-1
Solar Deleon-2 FCD Blue Che-2
Solar Cates-3 Dallas Texans-2
FCD Premier-4 FCD West Che-0

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 8/8/2017, 4:28 pm

Soccer27 wrote:Soccer27, you guys had no other competition besides FCD Red?

Correction: Azzurri played really well in the tournament and showed they can compete with both Solar D1 teams.  They will do really well in D2 and be a team to look out for as the season goes.

Good1stTouch wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, I was going to say...Azzurri beat DeLeon 1-0 and tied Cates in the semis...lost on PKs. Both Cates and DeLeon looked strong, but I am not sure either dominated FCD either. I thought AYSES East 02 looked pretty solid too. IMO Cates slots slightly ahead of DeLeon, but an injury, "help" from above, or an off match will make it tight all around in D1. D2 will be a battle as well. I am sure that Azzurri isn't the only team that improved. I heard LP had a nice off season, I can't imagine that the relegated teams will be push overs, and I have heard the D3 teams are very physical. Good luck to all. This was a good tournament to prep for the season.

dadof3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 8/8/2017, 4:40 pm

Azzuri matched up well against both solar teams. Deleon had a few opportunities to score but couldn't finish. One mistake on Deleon cost them a counterattack.
Solar Deleon beat Ayces East 02 4-1. Against FCD Red, Solar Deleon controlled the tempo but a PK and a quick reset long ball was the difference.

The beginning to high school soccer for some of these boys

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 8/8/2017, 5:36 pm

Soccer27 wrote:Azzuri matched up well against both solar teams. Deleon had a few opportunities to score but couldn't finish. One mistake on Deleon cost them a counterattack.
Solar Deleon beat Ayces East 02 4-1. Against FCD Red, Solar Deleon controlled the tempo but a PK  and a quick reset long ball was the difference.

The beginning to high school soccer for some of these boys

True. I don't disagree. Both Cates and DeLeon had some good chances, but Azzurri did too. The DeLeon goal v FCD was 100% due to an error as well. It was a nice finish, but was ONE play that didn't happen again. The PK FCD got was just two steps inside the box, but the right call. That defender was just a hair late (and he is very good). The goals when the teams are pretty even come from capitalizing on mistakes and finishing the chances you get. I felt the competition was much more even than was initially described is all. Azzurri could have lost each of those games, but nobody scored a on them. Posts and crossbars and missed some the same way. That is soccer unfortunately. High school is upon them and it changes again. In some ways good. In other ways not so much. As I said, good luck this year. DeLeon has some really good players, and could be one to beat if they put it together. Cates as well.

dadof3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Good1stTouch 8/9/2017, 7:52 am

muc03b wrote:I'd say FC Premier, FCD Premier and FCD Waters are your top 3. Too early to tell which order they finish in. New players and chemistry will play a big role along with bigger rosters and managing substitutions properly. 4-10 a crapshoot. If I had to choose two that get relegated right now, I'd roll the dice and say Borgarello and Che's West team.

This is going to be a tough one to pick this year. Like you said it will be a crapshoot for 4-10. I have no dog in the hunt for any of those teams but I think FCD West might be better than we think. I wouldn't be too surprised if they are a bit better than FCD Blue. Only time will tell.
Good1stTouch
Good1stTouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 8/9/2017, 8:01 am

Good1stTouch wrote:
muc03b wrote:I'd say FC Premier, FCD Premier and FCD Waters are your top 3. Too early to tell which order they finish in. New players and chemistry will play a big role along with bigger rosters and managing substitutions properly. 4-10 a crapshoot. If I had to choose two that get relegated right now, I'd roll the dice and say Borgarello and Che's West team.

This is going to be a tough one to pick this year.  Like you said it will be a crapshoot for 4-10.  I have no dog in the hunt for any of those teams but I think FCD West might be better than we think.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they are a bit better than FCD Blue.  Only time will tell.

That actually wouldn't surprise me. I just went with that based on West being the team from D2 and not really knowing much about them through tournaments, etc. Solar Sawyer has put up some admirable performances in tourneys to end the Spring and I can't imagine much turnover (if any) from them since they went from D2 to D1, so I didn't predict them to go back to D2. Looks like Sawyer and Solar Cates are playing in the Premier Cup this weekend (against each other Friday and 2 games each Saturday). They'll either be fine-tuned for Sundays Classic game or completely exhausted....

Last edited by muc03b on 8/9/2017, 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification on opinion)

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy 8/9/2017, 8:25 am

Wow, I did not realize they where playing in a tourney right before the session starts. good luck to them, i know it would wipe me out.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy 8/9/2017, 9:21 am

Wow,  I did not realize they where playing in a tourney right before the session starts.   good luck to them,  i know it would wipe me out.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy 8/10/2017, 4:46 pm

I have to think with all the changes and additions on most the teams there is going to be at lest 1 "upset" this weekend. Looking forward to the discussion after we get our first results. Good Luck to all.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 8/20/2017, 7:48 am

Strong showing from FCD Borgarello, and two big scorelines in SRPL West, one in each direction for the DFW teams.  Going to be an interesting year.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy 8/21/2017, 8:28 am

Interesting weekend. Big surprise for me was the FC Premier's score in a loss on Saturday in SRPL. First game out of the gates are always unpredictable. Good to see FCD Premier represent well for North Texas. This week will be a good predictor for the rest of the season that separates top from bottom I think.

Any prediction for this week and weekend?

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 8/21/2017, 10:09 am

I agree this week will be a great indicator. FCD premier didnlook good Saturday in SRPL. They played a very weak OK team, which game FCD a good warm up. They tied 1-1 the folowing day. They picked up a few of DA boys. They Aren't very big in size but do have a lot of skill on the team

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 8/21/2017, 1:57 pm

Uninformed guesses on this week's games.  Guessing we'll see a few more goals with teams having another week under their belts.

Solar Cates  1-1  Texans Craft
Early season form and daisy chain of results against common opponents points to a low scoring draw.

Solar DeLeon  0-0  FC Premier
Not much between these two as both try to build momentum.

FCD Central  1-3  FCD Premier
FCDP gets Ken Smith revenge, but Central happy to trade a league loss for their Dallas Cup slot in hand.

FCD Premier  3-0  Solar Sawyer
FCDP continues their revenge tour on the team they lost to in State Cup.

FCD Blue  0-1  FC Premier
Che bounces back from a tough loss but can't get the point against an FCP team that is trying to rebuild momentum.

FCD Central  2-2  Texans Craft
Texans almost pull off the upset but can't contain the Waters counterattack.

Solar DeLeon  2-1  Solar Cates
DeLeon reverses recent trend of results against Cates.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy 8/22/2017, 10:32 am

Longview

Like the details. I believe the teams that already have a game under their belts will have the biggest advantage for sure. I'm most interested in how FC Premier responds this week. Not my bb team, but solid coaching and a solid team last year. Could have just been that the Saturday SRPL game caught them off guard, or it might have exposed a weakness for other teams to take advantage of this year. I'm guessing it is more of the first than the later, but we will know in a few days.

Thanks for the detail prediction.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 8/22/2017, 10:50 am

The first week was kinda blah. A bunch or ties. Is FCD Borgello offense that strong ? The question is the unknown...... there are a few teams that didn't play last week. Those are the teams to worry about since no one hasn't really seen them go against anyone.

FC premier struggled against the OK team that FCD Premier tied the following day. I know they are a better team then they showed.

FCD Waters and Solar Deleon have yet to show the league what they can do.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 8/23/2017, 9:37 am

Soooo... 0-1 on predictions already. Anybody have a recap of how the game went last night?

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 8/23/2017, 9:50 pm

So.....did anyone watch the Che v. Borg game from last weekend? What happened there?

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next