Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Keeper Needed - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Keeper Needed

+14
newparent
TxHunter
bigtex75081
slampg
msthomas57
Soccer2001
soccerkix
Ochocinco
scrdad
krowdkontrol
omega striker
anselansel
keeperskeep
01SoccerParent
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Keeper Needed - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeper Needed

Post by slampg 1/20/2012, 10:38 am

Soccer2001 wrote:
soccerkix wrote:That can't be DTS 01 because they only have one goalie, and he is NOT a top 5 goalie in the league, way off on that one!! Just sayin

How dare you single out a 10 year old boy. Do you feel better? I can almost bet you wouldnt tell his parents that to their face. We are suppose to keep this forum general and not single kids out and you,did. Judging from previous posts you are a TEXAN LOVER. Your posts dont quite add up, which leads me to believe your one of those multiple user name losers. If in fact whatever team splits, let them. Lets use this forum to help the boys who have busted their tail this season to find a new home.

I also agree wholeheartedly (unless you want to say really nice things about my bb of course). Very Happy In my opinion, any team that has a full-time, trained goalie is doing pretty good at this age.

slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 1/20/2012, 10:57 am

slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:
soccerkix wrote:That can't be DTS 01 because they only have one goalie, and he is NOT a top 5 goalie in the league, way off on that one!! Just sayin

How dare you single out a 10 year old boy. Do you feel better? I can almost bet you wouldnt tell his parents that to their face. We are suppose to keep this forum general and not single kids out and you,did. Judging from previous posts you are a TEXAN LOVER. Your posts dont quite add up, which leads me to believe your one of those multiple user name losers. If in fact whatever team splits, let them. Lets use this forum to help the boys who have busted their tail this season to find a new home.

I also agree wholeheartedly (unless you want to say really nice things about my bb of course). Very Happy In my opinion, any team that has a full-time, trained goalie is doing pretty good at this age.
When people talk badly about a goalkeeper I always just shake my head. Goalkeeper is the most thankless position. This kid has the nutz to stand in front of the frame every game with kids trying to take his head off and there's a comment posted by an adult bashing him?

It's always the goalkeepers fault, right? It has nothing to do with the other 10 players on that kid's team that the ball got past as well? Nah. Of course not. That goalie stinks!!!

The real shame here would be if we're seeing a comment from a parent on that goalie's team. Throwing your own kid's teammate under the bus is inexcusable. Don't forget that the ball that went into the net just went past your BB as well.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 1/20/2012, 11:29 am

Well said BigTex.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 1/20/2012, 2:05 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

When people talk badly about a goalkeeper I always just shake my head. Goalkeeper is the most thankless position. This kid has the nutz to stand in front of the frame every game with kids trying to take his head off and there's a comment posted by an adult bashing him?

It's always the goalkeepers fault, right? It has nothing to do with the other 10 players on that kid's team that the ball got past as well? Nah. Of course not. That goalie stinks!!!

The real shame here would be if we're seeing a comment from a parent on that goalie's team. Throwing your own kid's teammate under the bus is inexcusable. Don't forget that the ball that went into the net just went past your BB as well.

I hope that he is not a parent on DTS 01.....That would be bad for this team to have someone on here talking in a negative way about another player.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 1/20/2012, 4:00 pm

I agree. Why isn't it the fault of the forward who missed a wide open shot on goal or who was on a break away and lost the ball or missed a header on a cross.

When that happens, not much is said.

Let the keeper miss one shot and everyone comes down on the kid.

However, if the forward had made the previous 3 shots on goal then the one he missed wouldn't have been an issue.

The point is that this is a team sport and never one kids fault.

bigtex75081 wrote:
slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/20/2012, 11:46 pm

slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

Pretty good at doing their best to win games. To be labelled as only a keeper at 9 or 10 is not about trying to develop players. Top keepers at older ages need good field skills- first touch and good passing skills.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/21/2012, 7:12 am

my2cents wrote:
slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

Pretty good at doing their best to win games. To be labelled as only a keeper at 9 or 10 is not about trying to develop players. Top keepers at older ages need good field skills- first touch and good passing skills.

2Cents - all the keepers I know do regular practices and drills with their teams so get the field skills as well as keeper practice on top of that. They end up doing more practicing than the field guys on their team. If keeping is their calling, why shouldn't they specialize?
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hatrick 1/21/2012, 12:33 pm

slampg wrote:
my2cents wrote:
slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

2Cents - all the keepers I know do regular practices and drills with their teams so get the field skills as well as keeper practice on top of that. They end up doing more practicing than the field guys on their team. If keeping is their calling, why shouldn't they specialize?
As long as they're getting field time, it's all good. I ususally witness a keeper sitting in goal waiting to touch the ball all practice.
hatrick
hatrick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/22/2012, 12:39 pm

slampg wrote:
my2cents wrote:
slampg wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

Their calling? At 9 or 10? I don't subscribe to that. I think all players should play multiple positions at that age. Maybe it is their calling but that is rare to identify it that young. If it is though their time at other positions will give them a better understanding of the game as a whole. It will make them a tactically superior player.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by keepermom7 2/6/2012, 1:48 am

msthomas57 wrote:
Soccer2001 wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more Soccer2001 and can't understand why the admin of this board allows post like these to go through. As the parent of the "back up goalie" that got slammed in another post, I can't understand why anyone would single out any player, much less a 10 YEARS OLD!? I was under the impression part of the rules for post on here was that you were not allowed to single out ANY player by number, name or position.
For the people who do, what if it was about your kid and you or, God forbid, he read what you wrote? Mine didn't but I told him what had been said and luckily mine is strong enough to know that soccer is a "team sport". I also know the 'keeper' you are referring to in your post and I have known this kid since he was in U6. I along with everyone else who knows him, believe in him and his skills. If he wasn't one of the best why doesn't DTS have more GA's?? They have great defense but they also have an amazing Keeper!! Evil or Very Mad

Thanks Msthomas. I am glad he is not reading this. Also if he is not one of the best then why did 5 of the top 10 teams want him last year. Why are teams still calling? Why did he make ODP? Some people need to grow up they dont know what they are talking about.

keepermom7
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by keepermom7 2/6/2012, 1:55 am

krowdkontrol wrote:
affraid
Evil or Very Mad

keepermom7
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 2/6/2012, 6:56 am

TxHunter wrote:Well said BigTex.

Big Tex, you da' man!
burnthestar
burnthestar