Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Greatest of All Time Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Greatest of All Time

+7
stangs
go99
Bagman00
finish1
vman
CincoB
soccershins
11 posters

Go down

Greatest of All Time Empty Greatest of All Time

Post by soccershins 3/8/2012, 4:29 pm

If you ever have some time to spare, I would highly recommend this documentary. What an amazing talent and he is only getting better.

Greatest of All Time

Just unreal

soccershins
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Greatest of All Time Empty Re: Greatest of All Time

Post by CincoB 3/8/2012, 7:21 pm

soccershins wrote:If you ever have some time to spare, I would highly recommend this documentary. What an amazing talent and he is only getting better.

Greatest of All Time

Just unreal

Thanks for sharing!

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 3/8/2012, 9:32 pm

CincoB wrote:
soccershins wrote:If you ever have some time to spare, I would highly recommend this documentary. What an amazing talent and he is only getting better.

Greatest of All Time

Just unreal

Thanks for sharing!

Ditto...

He is "Da king "...
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/9/2012, 7:35 am

...and America may never develop one like him. He would have been dismissed as too small a long time ago.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman00 3/9/2012, 8:36 am

I am a huge Messi fan, but I think we often label someone the greatest too early in their career. Now, he definitely has the tools to be the greatest and he is the best player in the world right now, but lets give 6 or 7 more years before we crown him the best of all time.

Bagman00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/9/2012, 9:51 am

agree totally with the last 2 post. Ronaldinho at his peak was individually a better player and earmarked to be the greatest of all time. Lack of work ethic took that from him. Ronaldo was the greatest ever until injuries and lack of work ethic took it from him.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 3/9/2012, 10:20 am

Agreed…
It’s too early to call him “The Greatest Ever”, but as of right now (up to the last game he played) he is “Da king “…
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stangs 3/9/2012, 10:40 am

finish1 wrote:...and America may never develop one like him. He would have been dismissed as too small a long time ago.

Dude- have you seen him video clips of him when he was 5-10 years old, he just looks like an older version today. No one would have passed on him based on those videos- he was scoring and passing light years above everyone else at those young ages. I get your point, but even the big, athletic teams in North Texas aren't that stupid.

stangs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/9/2012, 1:25 pm

Yes, dude, he would have been passed over, not only in NTX, but on the USMNT. The problem is that we use a very direct style of play in this country. Less technical, and more physical. We look for the biggest, fastest players possible and and run them straight at the net. For a technically gifted player like Messi, you have to build a system around him. He doesn't plug into our formula of play, so no, he would have had no chance to develop in the US. Especially as a striker.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by stangs 3/9/2012, 1:29 pm

finish1 wrote:Yes, dude, he would have been passed over, not only in NTX, but on the USMNT. The problem is that we use a very direct style of play in this country. Less technical, and more physical. We look for the biggest, fastest players possible and and run them straight at the net. For a technically gifted player like Messi, you have to build a system around him. He doesn't plug into our formula of play, so no, he would have had no chance to develop in the US. Especially as a striker.

We will just have to disagree- Messi is not just technically gifted, he is a great athlete- speed, vision, acceleration, all he lacks is heighth.

stangs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/9/2012, 2:47 pm

stangs wrote:
finish1 wrote:Yes, dude, he would have been passed over, not only in NTX, but on the USMNT. The problem is that we use a very direct style of play in this country. Less technical, and more physical. We look for the biggest, fastest players possible and and run them straight at the net. For a technically gifted player like Messi, you have to build a system around him. He doesn't plug into our formula of play, so no, he would have had no chance to develop in the US. Especially as a striker.

We will just have to disagree- Messi is not just technically gifted, he is a great athlete- speed, vision, acceleration, all he lacks is heighth.
really? do you have an inside scoop or just a huge fan?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/9/2012, 2:54 pm

stangs wrote:

Actually you would be in disagreement with the people from barca too. When he cam there they said he wouldn't pass, just beat defender after defender until he lost the ball. He was already past 10 then. Small and no passing? yep done here. Besides the kids here would have just not tried to defend the ball and just smashed him and ran him over because we allow that here if not encourage it. Check with the parents of smaller kids and ask how often their kid just gets smashed with no play on the ball. Ball fakes only work on kids who actually go for the ball
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by donotquestion 3/9/2012, 3:34 pm

go99 wrote:
stangs wrote:

Actually you would be in disagreement with the people from barca too. When he cam there they said he wouldn't pass, just beat defender after defender until he lost the ball. He was already past 10 then. Small and no passing? yep done here. Besides the kids here would have just not tried to defend the ball and just smashed him and ran him over because we allow that here if not encourage it. Check with the parents of smaller kids and ask how often their kid just gets smashed with no play on the ball. Ball fakes only work on kids who actually go for the ball

Not only small kids but kids that have the ball at their feet. He might have grown discourage and quit if he was playing here from getting taken out game after game without any calls or coaches that would discourage it, most would have encourage it because it would have improved their wins and made the parents happy.

donotquestion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AND! 3/11/2012, 1:05 am

go99 wrote:agree totally with the last 2 post. Ronaldinho at his peak was individually a better player and earmarked to be the greatest of all time. Lack of work ethic took that from him. Ronaldo was the greatest ever until injuries and lack of work ethic took it from him.
Ronaldo can be considered the best of all times because he was a "highlight film" in league play AND in the world cup. Messi cannot be the best of all time until he gives "highlight film" performances in World Cup play Multiple times. How many goals did he score playing as a striker in the World Cup? Even Landon Donavan has 5. Messi is a work in progress.
Its going to be very hard for Messi to surpass Ronaldo with 15 goals in 3 world cups, and FIFA player of the year a 20. And so on. He even has to score more than 34 goals in one year at Barca.
AND!
AND!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 3/11/2012, 3:17 pm

AND! wrote:
go99 wrote:agree totally with the last 2 post. Ronaldinho at his peak was individually a better player and earmarked to be the greatest of all time. Lack of work ethic took that from him. Ronaldo was the greatest ever until injuries and lack of work ethic took it from him.
Ronaldo can be considered the best of all times because he was a "highlight film" in league play AND in the world cup. Messi cannot be the best of all time until he gives "highlight film" performances in World Cup play Multiple times. How many goals did he score playing as a striker in the World Cup? Even Landon Donavan has 5. Messi is a work in progress.
Its going to be very hard for Messi to surpass Ronaldo with 15 goals in 3 world cups, and FIFA player of the year a 20. And so on. He even has to score more than 34 goals in one year at Barca.

Ronaldo- probably one of the best power forwards ever…
Ronaldinho- probably one of the best technically gifted players ever…
Messi-…………

The Best Ever is probably some kid kicking the ball somewhere in South America right now… YES they do grow them on trees down there Smile

Many pints of beer been spilled during discussions of “Who’s The Greatest EVER”, and many more will… Only the Game will tell… Greatest to you may not be the Greatest to me…
It’s too early to tell about Messi, still young, still (I/we hope) improving… The question I have is this: “Does The GREAT Ever needs to have a great World Cup to be even considered to be T.G.E…?”
I’m not an Argentina fan, but in the last World Cup I wanted Messi to do good... I think it was the system that Argentinian team played; it was not for Messi….
I would like all of you to think about one thing, just for a second (no more then that}, can you imagine last World Cup Spanish team with Messi on it? affraid ……… cheers
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/11/2012, 3:45 pm

vman wrote:
AND! wrote:

Ronaldo- probably one of the best power forwards ever…
Ronaldinho- probably one of the best technically gifted players ever…
Messi-…………

The Best Ever is probably some kid kicking the ball somewhere in South America right now… YES they do grow them on trees down there Smile

Many pints of beer been spilled during discussions of “Who’s The Greatest EVER”, and many more will… Only the Game will tell… Greatest to you may not be the Greatest to me…
It’s too early to tell about Messi, still young, still (I/we hope) improving… The question I have is this: “Does The GREAT Ever needs to have a great World Cup to be even considered to be T.G.E…?”
I’m not an Argentina fan, but in the last World Cup I wanted Messi to do good... I think it was the system that Argentinian team played; it was not for Messi….
I would like all of you to think about one thing, just for a second (no more then that}, can you imagine last World Cup Spanish team with Messi on it? affraid ……… cheers
well with that being said should a "great" player be able to play with any style and still do "great" things? scratch

and with that being said i still think ronaldinho is the best ever king
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 3/11/2012, 4:21 pm

With that said I agree to disagree, but in 2006 World Cup, Rinaldinho (who was still @ the top of the game) was not even a factor on Brazil National Team…

Now I’m not arguing your “and with that being said i still think ronaldinho is the best ever king
He’s in my top 3, and anyone can mix and match Cool ….

Cruyff is #1 for me…

vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/11/2012, 5:09 pm

vman wrote:
With that said I agree to disagree, but in 2006 World Cup, Rinaldinho (who was still @ the top of the game) was not even a factor on Brazil National Team…

Now I’m not arguing your “and with that being said i still think ronaldinho is the best ever king

Cruyff is #1 for me…

ok point taken so lets go ahead and include pele,maradona and zidane cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 3/11/2012, 5:16 pm

omega striker wrote:
vman wrote:

Cruyff is #1 for me…

Now you are talking cheers
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/11/2012, 6:00 pm

vman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
vman wrote:

Cruyff is #1 for me…

than Beckenbauer is in the list too. I think the greatest ever needs to be specific to an era. Soccer has changed so much.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/11/2012, 8:00 pm

The German wrote:
vman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
vman wrote:

Cruyff is #1 for me…

than Beckenbauer is in the list too. I think the greatest ever needs to be specific to an era. Soccer has changed so much.
we(on this site of experts)could break it down to defenders(including keepers),mids and strikers and then the all around greatest a player who was a playmaker,scorer,leader and just made a difference on whatever team he played for whenever he hit the pitch! Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 3/11/2012, 9:49 pm

omega striker wrote:
The German wrote:
vman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
vman wrote:

Cruyff is #1 for me…

we(on this site of experts)could break it down to defenders(including keepers),mids and strikers and then the all around greatest a player who was a playmaker,scorer,leader and just made a difference on whatever team he played for whenever he hit the pitch! Cool

The German--- all professional defenders should have “6” tattooed over their hearts. Hail Der Kaiser cheers !!!

Omega Striker--- how do you want to do it: 11 + 4 subs, or ?5 in each position?
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down