Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

+15
WRG
soccergrinder
P1er
tiger19
jimulon6
Madcap
BTMason
typical
Soccerinsanity
cds3
earbucket
bbsbiggestfan
Rocketeer
wembleys
krowdkontrol
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? Empty 01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

Post by Guest 3/23/2012, 11:33 am

stirring the pot...........

Back to top Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? Empty Re: 01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

Post by krowdkontrol 3/23/2012, 12:04 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:stirring the pot...........
Im sure there will be a lot of movement as top teams try to put a stronger squad together.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? Empty Re: 01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

Post by wembleys 3/23/2012, 1:38 pm

Krowdkontrol’s post got me thinking on how D1 will looks like next year; seems like these teams WILL SUFFER if they do not reinforce. They have not won any games to the rest of the top 6 teams…

SOLAR CHELSEA SC 01B (PARTAIN)
DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT)
TITANS FC WEST 01B (SAMPAIO)
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 3/23/2012, 2:08 pm

wembleys wrote:Krowdkontrol’s post got me thinking on how D1 will looks like next year; seems like these teams WILL SUFFER if they do not reinforce. They have not won any games to the rest of the top 6 teams…

Yeah in order for these teams to compete with the top 6. They need to obtain top talent from one of the 6 top teams or the top talent from teams that are moving to D2 and the parents want their BB to play on a D1 team.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 3/23/2012, 2:46 pm

And not lose any talented bb's too!!
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 3/23/2012, 3:03 pm

wembleys wrote:And not lose any talented bb's too!!
Great Point
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 3/23/2012, 10:28 pm

wembleys wrote:Krowdkontrol’s post got me thinking on how D1 will looks like next year; seems like these teams WILL SUFFER if they do not reinforce. They have not won any games to the rest of the top 6 teams…

Congratulations (sarcarsm) on those 3 (mentioned above) to being in Div 1 for next year. Nothing like getting pounded every week, again starting next season.

DT Craft will know what the kids on Waters felt like this season
Titans will know what the kids on Manchester felt like this season
Solar Chelsea will know what the kids on Andromeda/Vedral/ Coppell felt like this season.

From a parent that has watched his kid actually kids take a pounding in competitive soccer (select), its no fun (for me the parent, still not sure how its impacted my kids).

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? Empty move or stand?

Post by bbsbiggestfan 3/25/2012, 6:36 pm

This is our first go around this crazy merry-go-round called "select soccer" and boy have we been on a learning curve!! We tried to do our homework before signing with a team and did so with a coach that told us (and others) many half truths and flat out lies. Some of the biggest being about playing time/position he saw for our bb and how many he was going to carry.
We (mostly our BB) suffered through the fall season and then asked for and received a release for the spring. We are now on a team that does not play Classic but in Premier. We really like the coach and most of the parents but that is where our satisfaction ends. Most of the team's players are not any better than the rec players we left behind with our choice to go select. The coach says he is trying to build a team from the defense forward and we do have a good defense. That said, no matter how good your D is, if you don't have some kids who can score at the other end, you can't win. This is where my husband and I see things differently. He thinks we should give this coach another season and hope that he picks up some offensive players. I think we should move on and find another team that isn't having to start from scratch.
We have a couple of teams we are interested in and went to watch one this weekend. We plan to attend a couple of practice and just watch (we know we are not allowed to practice with anyone)but since classic games are over, it would really be our only chance to see the coach in action.
My question is this, not having any idea who will or won't come try out for any team. For that matter, I guess most coaches don't even really know who is staying or not! How do you know when to stick or or when to walk? We don't think our bb is a super star but we know he performs better when he is surrounded by good/better players. That is my motivation for wanting him on a higher performing team.

bbsbiggestfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 3/25/2012, 9:11 pm

It's a fine line and there are risks on both sides. I let my kid lead on these decisions. Is he keyed in for the challenge of playing with a better team? What is he getting from the current team--social, physical, mental, tactical, technical? Respect both ways is important too.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/28/2012, 8:54 am

You would imagine that there would be movement from some d3 teams too who don't want to be stuck in d3 another year.

Back to top Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? Empty how much 'movement'

Post by bbsbiggestfan 3/28/2012, 11:08 am

Guess that brings me to another question that has been on my mind. Is there a rule in CC about how many boys a team can lose and hold their standing? Say a D_ team lost 1/2 of the boys that helped qualified them for their rank, even if they were to fill the roaster back up, it isn't the same team. Doesn't seem right that if half or more of the team is new for the 12-13 season, that the team stays at the same level or ranking.
Does my question make sense? Guess this all goes back to why there is only 1 qualifying tourney for Classic? If they didn't do it every year, then at least every other year makes sense to me but I don't get to make the rules Smile

bbsbiggestfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 3/28/2012, 2:19 pm

It made sense the first time I heard that, but then I realized the Club does own that position.....they earned it by investing on it, so they can do whatever they want with it. Even more, if they don't field a Quality team, they will loose it in the next cut. Also, if not them, who do you suggest should fill it? Some team from a lower Division?..... Now, I don't think that's fair. Besides, it is the way it's done all over the world with some exceptions like the MLS.
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 3/28/2012, 2:56 pm

The team owns the spot...so the entire set of boys could leave, and the team still owns the spot. They can pull up a lower ranked team, recruit an independent team to merge with them, or recruit new boys. It's theirs unless they tell NTX that they aren't keeping it.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 3/28/2012, 6:18 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:The team owns the spot...so the entire set of boys could leave, and the team still owns the spot. They can pull up a lower ranked team, recruit an independent team to merge with them, or recruit new boys. It's theirs unless they tell NTX that they aren't keeping it.

This is correct - if you have 50% + 1 you can basically fire the coach and even the club and move to another one !! same with a returning team, if they have more than 50% new players they need to notify classic league...
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bbsbiggestfan 3/28/2012, 6:31 pm

wembleys wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:The team owns the spot...so the entire set of boys could leave, and the team still owns the spot. They can pull up a lower ranked team, recruit an independent team to merge with them, or recruit new boys. It's theirs unless they tell NTX that they aren't keeping it.

This is correct - if you have 50% + 1 you can basically fire the coach and even the club and move to another one !! same with a returning team, if they have more than 50% new players they need to notify classic league...

Seems some conflicting info? If they have more than 50% new players they do or don't keep their ranking and need to notify CL? Notify them of what? If it is the club/coach that holds the spot what do they have to notify CL of? I am still confused.
Asking very specific questions because the D_ team we left not only lost us but another player and if the rumors are true, stand to lose another 7-8 players at the end season. The beginning roster was 18 so if they lose 7 more plus the 2 already gone that would be 50%. I am very curious what that means for their ranking. They are a large club and I am have no doubt can fill the roster back up but it would essential be a new team.

bbsbiggestfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by typical 3/28/2012, 7:32 pm

bbsbiggestfan wrote:
wembleys wrote:

Seems some conflicting info? If they have more than 50% new players they do or don't keep their ranking and need to notify CL? Notify them of what? If it is the club/coach that holds the spot what do they have to notify CL of? I am still confused.
Asking very specific questions because the D_ team we left not only lost us but another player and if the rumors are true, stand to lose another 7-8 players at the end season. The beginning roster was 18 so if they lose 7 more plus the 2 already gone that would be 50%. I am very curious what that means for their ranking. They are a large club and I am have no doubt can fill the roster back up but it would essential be a new team.

Soccerinsanity and CDS3 are correct. The club owns the spot. They can do whatever they want. Promote players from other squads within the club, sign new players, etc... If the coach takes the team to another club, he must retain at least 50% + 1 of the original team to retain the spot. If it were only 50%, then you would potentially have 2 different clubs (the old one and the new one) that each have 1/2 the players.
typical
typical
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 3/29/2012, 7:44 am

The Classic League Rule actually reads as follows:

Limited Conditional Transfer of Invitation (“75% Exception”).
As set forth above, in the typical setting, invitations to submit an application to participate in the Classic League for the upcoming soccer year (based on a team’s prior year’s competitive performance) will be extended to the club for which that team played (and not the team itself). Provided, however, if 75% of the players on the roster3 of the team upon whose competitive performance the invitation to apply for a Bye Position was extended return to such team the following year, and such team will then be playing for a new club (including a one team club), then the invitation previously extended to the former club will follow such team to its new club (that is, the invitation will be conditionally “transferred” to the new club). To count as a ‘returning player’, a player must be officially rostered to such team (through such team’s home association) prior to the deadline for submission of such team’s Bye team application. Moreover, such player, his parents, and his team must all expect such player to be available on the sideline to play at the start of the Fall Season and generally for the remainder of the Fall Season. Classic League
reserves the right to require sworn affidavits and such other proof from players, parents, and/or team officials, or to require attendance verification at each game. By the announced Bye application deadline, each such team must submit its official roster for the coming season (bearing the original signature of such team’s home association registrar) and that roster must reflect the names of all of the ‘returning players’ upon whom the asserted “transfer” of the invitation is based (that is, the roster must reflect the players who comprise the 75%). Failure to submit such roster by the deadline may result in a determination that the invitation (Bye Position) will remain with the former club (plus appropriate sanctions, if any).

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 3/30/2012, 11:49 am

Word on the street is that Pre-Academy will include U-11's this Fall. Apparently this was announced earlier this week and that the 4 clubs, Texans, FCD, Solar, and Andro can start to have tryouts within the month. If this is true, you can only imagine the rosters for everyone will change a bit. I guess we will see in the next few weeks. Big winner could be Andromeda since the others seem to already have a huge pool of players to select from. Andromeda just has the one D-2 team so I am sure they can take on a whole bunch of talented kids.
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 3/30/2012, 1:32 pm

Madcap wrote:Word on the street is that Pre-Academy will include U-11's this Fall. Apparently this was announced earlier this week and that the 4 clubs, Texans, FCD, Solar, and Andro can start to have tryouts within the month. If this is true, you can only imagine the rosters for everyone will change a bit. I guess we will see in the next few weeks. Big winner could be Andromeda since the others seem to already have a huge pool of players to select from. Andromeda just has the one D-2 team so I am sure they can take on a whole bunch of talented kids.

This would definitely shake up the Top 6 teams roster if pre academy was to start next year for 2001's.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 3/30/2012, 3:54 pm

nothing on their site....

About the Texas Pre-Academy League:
The Texas Pre-Academy League, which includes U-13, U-14 and U-15 boys’ age groups for the 2011-12 season, was founded in April 2011 as part of US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues.
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 3/30/2012, 4:14 pm

wembleys wrote:nothing on their site....

About the Texas Pre-Academy League:
The Texas Pre-Academy League, which includes U-13, U-14 and U-15 boys’ age groups for the 2011-12 season, was founded in April 2011 as part of US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues.

I was looking for it myself but didnt fine nothing at all.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 3/30/2012, 4:35 pm

My understanding is that it was just announced this week to the four clubs so I doubt you will see anything posted to the website just yet. U11 and U12 are added for the upcoming Fall and tryouts can start now. I would think someone within a club can confirm this. It will be fairly obvious in the next few weeks when they start having tryouts. I guess we will wait and see.
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 3/30/2012, 5:08 pm

Madcap wrote:My understanding is that it was just announced this week to the four clubs so I doubt you will see anything posted to the website just yet. U11 and U12 are added for the upcoming Fall and tryouts can start now. I would think someone within a club can confirm this. It will be fairly obvious in the next few weeks when they start having tryouts. I guess we will wait and see.

As much as it upsets me to have to do so.... I can absolutely confirm that US Youth Club Soccer DOES plan to open the Pre-Academy program up to the U11 and U12 age groups. So obviously 8 more pre-academy teams will be formed each year than in years past here in the DFW metro area. I hope that it is a good experience for the younger groups. I myself and I know many others are fearful it will be to large a push on winning at to early an age.

Don't get me wrong, I have spoken with Wade Breaux on more than one occasion about the Texas Pre-Academy League, and believe it is a good tool at some of the older ages. However, Wade has made it very clear to me that it is performance based and if a club is not performing at a high enough standard as a whole they could easily be subject to removal and replacement. Therefore, I fear that some coaches will pass this pressure back down to the players, and make what could be a strong and rewarding experience something much less positive. Still, today in our conversation he did confirm their intention to open the league to U11s and U12s in the upcoming season.

Thanks,

B.T. Mason MSFC

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 3/30/2012, 6:58 pm

This is a bad idea, but it will flourish due to the delusions of so many North Texas parents.

At least the kids will get burnt out a few years earlier and will have time to pick up another sport. Maybe Neutral

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 3/30/2012, 9:55 pm

jimulon6 wrote:This is a bad idea, but it will flourish due to the delusions of so many North Texas parents.

At least the kids will get burnt out a few years earlier and will have time to pick up another sport. Maybe Neutral

I agree with you.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next