Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

This is the select soccer experience?? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

This is the select soccer experience??

+15
Offside
Sweeper20
bigtex75081
Laimport
Ace70
Soccernovice
soccer23
jimulon6
imjustsayin
my2cents
happyfeet
go99
starbuck
soccermom97b
RoundBallFootball
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This is the select soccer experience?? Empty This is the select soccer experience??

Post by RoundBallFootball 4/9/2012, 8:49 pm

I am looking for information and perceptions on the Plano Premier league. Are there any teams which can provide a challenge and competative level close to select soccer? Is there a forum specifically for this league? How are the costs as compared to select?

We now have a couple years of Academy and 2 years of Select soccer behind us. As we have been new to soccer, we have been questioning the full value of all of the money and time this requires. We have simple goals of learning the art of competative sports.

We are looking for our 00 soccer player to be in a position to be competitive in high school and more (if he so chooses) and want to look at all options at this point.

RoundBallFootball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

This is the select soccer experience?? Empty Re: This is the select soccer experience??

Post by soccermom97b 4/9/2012, 9:25 pm

"select" soccer, once you hit u11, is the same whether you play Classic, Plano or Arlington. Unless you play for an independent team, you will pay the same money for a team in Plano as Classic.

My son spent his first 4 years of competitive soccer in Plano, and it was always very, very competitive. Everyone is vying for 1st or 2nd place and a spot in the Challenge games.

There are plenty who will argue otherwise, but that's my cliff note version of our experience
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

This is the select soccer experience?? Empty Re: This is the select soccer experience??

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 8:57 am

soccermom97b wrote:"select" soccer, once you hit u11, is the same whether you play Classic, Plano or Arlington. Unless you play for an independent team, you will pay the same money for a team in Plano as Classic.

My son spent his first 4 years of competitive soccer in Plano, and it was always very, very competitive. Everyone is vying for 1st or 2nd place and a spot in the Challenge games.

There are plenty who will argue otherwise, but that's my cliff note version of our experience

Agreed. Since Academy, the top two divisions of Classic are essentially equal to the top of Plano and Arlington. The third division of Classic is comparable to a Plano II.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/10/2012, 9:09 am

okay this is not true at all. There is no way ppl is the same as the top two CL divisions. The top 2 are not even that close. Last season bb played 98D2 and the 98d1 this season. The speed, size and athleticsm of the players was different between the two. In fact the ppl teams often struggle to even with the challenge tournament against the D3 teams. That being said, being in ppl doesn't mean you are a bad player. I believe coaching trumps all and have watched a stream of kids go from ppl to the top CL team. It's important that the kid be in the right enviornment for him and then move up as needed to keep him challenged
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 9:25 am

starbuck wrote:
soccermom97b wrote:"select" soccer, once you hit u11, is the same whether you play Classic, Plano or Arlington. Unless you play for an independent team, you will pay the same money for a team in Plano as Classic.

Agreed. Since Academy, the top two divisions of Classic are essentially equal to the top of Plano and Arlington. The third division of Classic is comparable to a Plano II.

Of course the players and parents in each category are going to disagree, mind you.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 4/10/2012, 9:31 am

Having reffed in both, I can tell you that Plano (except the top 2 teams) is far inferior to CL.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/10/2012, 10:13 am

I have a U16 whose team started in D2 PPL and the same team is now D1 CL. At U11 there is not much seperating the better half of PPL and and the bottom 15 CL teams. From there as they get older it is like muddy water settling. The difference between the top of CL to PPL gets more and more distinct. By U16 a PPL team will not beat a CL D1 team on their worst day. Bottom CL D3 teams and top PPL teams may be competitive but that is about it. Same goes for APL.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by imjustsayin 4/10/2012, 12:42 pm

starbuck wrote:

so says the parents of plano and arlington players.

This is the select soccer experience?? If-Ignorance-is-Bliss-You-Must-be-in-Heaven_4634-l
imjustsayin
imjustsayin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 4/10/2012, 12:45 pm

[quote="imjustsayin"]
starbuck wrote:

/quote]

My point with the first sentence was that it seemed he didn't think his kid would be playing "select" soccer if he wasn't in Classic league...when in reality...that's not the case. Club, Select, Competiitve...whatever you want to call it. And lol, I may have been a parent of a Plano player for a while but not anymore Smile
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/10/2012, 12:49 pm

imjustsayin wrote:
starbuck wrote:

This is the select soccer experience?? If-Ignorance-is-Bliss-You-Must-be-in-Heaven_4634-l

lol!

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 2:06 pm

starbuck wrote:
starbuck wrote:

Of course the players and parents in each category are going to disagree, mind you.

Laughing

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 4/10/2012, 3:03 pm

[quote="my2cents"][quote="imjustsayin"]
starbuck wrote:

Yeah. Right.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 3:06 pm

"Agreed. Since Academy, the top two divisions of Classic are essentially equal to the top of Plano and Arlington. The third division of Classic is comparable to a Plano II."

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 4:04 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"Agreed. Since Academy, the top two divisions of Classic are essentially equal to the top of Plano and Arlington. The third division of Classic is comparable to a Plano II."

Don't misunderstand....I'm not saying it's not decent soccer.....just not at the level of Academy or High School athletics...

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 4:08 pm

starbuck wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:"Agreed. Since Academy, the top two divisions of Classic are essentially equal to the top of Plano and Arlington. The third division of Classic is comparable to a Plano II."

Don't misunderstand....I'm not saying it's not decent soccer.....just not at the level of Academy or High School athletics...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! #2 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 4/10/2012, 4:10 pm

This person is obviously having some fun with us. Either that or quaaludes are back.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 4:23 pm

jimulon6 wrote:This person is obviously having some fun with us. Either that or quaaludes are back.

my vote is for quaaludes......

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 4:28 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
jimulon6 wrote:This person is obviously having some fun with us. Either that or quaaludes are back.

I'm betting that didn't surprise anyone..... Laughing

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 5:14 pm

starbuck wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

You're right I bet it didn't surprise anyone that you are on quaaludes..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 4/10/2012, 7:02 pm

starbuck wrote:

Dear Roundball,

Please do not believe this statement. This is one of the most misleading posts I've ever read. There is nothing wrong with Plano or Arlington but starbuck clearly needs a reality check (or some glasses). If one were to believe, for a fleeting moment, this statement to be true, take a look at Solar Stark 00B. They played in Plano last year and unfortunately were given a Classic League DII bye this year. They went 0-18, scored 3 goals and were scored on 103 times. I think it was irresponsible for the club to put this team is such a difficult predicament but it is clear evidence that the comment above has no basis in fact. And to suggest that Plano DI can compete with top CL DI teams is even more unsubstantiated. I would like for someone, anyone, (maybe starbuck) to find me an example of when a Plano D1 team last won a game against a CL DI team.

I will NOT be holding my breath waiting for a reply. Lol.

Find a good coach and team that fits your son and helps him grow and learn the game. If that's CL DII or Plano DI or Arlington DII then do what is best for him. If his teammates and competition are well above or well below his skill level then he will not grow as a player in either environment. Focus on your kid and don't worry about the league.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 4/10/2012, 11:08 pm

This Starbuck guy must have been out of soccer for a long time or not a student of the game. There is no comparison between Plano I and Arlignton I and the top Classic League DI teams. There is a comparison of top Classic League and other top club teams to USSF DA academy teams.

I would say most USSF Development Academy teams are equivalent to a DI classic league team or similar level club teams throughout the USA with the exception of the top USSF DA teams in the US including Texans, Solar, and FC Dallas in North Texas. Those teams would probually beat all of the club teams but that is not always the case as shown in the Dallas Cup results below at the U17 bracket level. A large number of USSF DA teams in the Dallas Cup lost or tied in the Dallas Cup to the club level teams they played.

U19 Metro PCS Dallas Cup Games
1939 2:00 pm G Sereno White 1:1 Sockers FC USSF U17/18 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #14
1908 4:00 pm B IMG SA USSF U17/18 Academy 1:1 Dallas Texans Red FC Dallas Park Field #11
1915 6:00 pm C Alianza de Futbol 0:0 Andromeda FC USSF U17/18 Academy Richland College Field #7
1918 6:00 pm C Pateadores 5:1 Andromeda FC USSF U17/18 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #6

U17 Group
1716 12:30 pm C PAC Tigres 4:2 Sockers FC USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #12
1727 4:00 pm E Team Boca 2:0 Solar Chelsea USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #7
1702 6:00 pm A LVSA Red 5:0 Andromeda FC USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #17
1708 6:00 pm B IMG SA USSF U15/16 Academy 1:2 Dallas Texans Red FC Dallas Park Field #11
1718 10:00 am C PAC Tigres 2:2 Houston Dynamo USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #15
1706 4:00 pm A Chicago Fire Youth Academy 3:2 Andromeda FC USSF U15/16 Academy Richland College Field #9
1748 6:00 pm H Albion White 1:0 Dallas Texans USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #17

Same thing with the pre-academy program the pre-academy teams lost to regular club teams.

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/11/2012, 7:49 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
starbuck wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

You're right I bet it didn't surprise anyone that you are on quaaludes..lol

Nice comeback! Very Happy

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/11/2012, 7:59 am

Soccernovice wrote:This Starbuck guy must have been out of soccer for a long time or not a student of the game. There is no comparison between Plano I and Arlignton I and the top Classic League DI teams. There is a comparison of top Classic League and other top club teams to USSF DA academy teams.

I would say most USSF Development Academy teams are equivalent to a DI classic league team or similar level club teams throughout the USA with the exception of the top USSF DA teams in the US including Texans, Solar, and FC Dallas in North Texas. Those teams would probually beat all of the club teams but that is not always the case as shown in the Dallas Cup results below at the U17 bracket level. A large number of USSF DA teams in the Dallas Cup lost or tied in the Dallas Cup to the club level teams they played.

U19 Metro PCS Dallas Cup Games
1939 2:00 pm G Sereno White 1:1 Sockers FC USSF U17/18 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #14
1908 4:00 pm B IMG SA USSF U17/18 Academy 1:1 Dallas Texans Red FC Dallas Park Field #11
1915 6:00 pm C Alianza de Futbol 0:0 Andromeda FC USSF U17/18 Academy Richland College Field #7
1918 6:00 pm C Pateadores 5:1 Andromeda FC USSF U17/18 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #6

U17 Group
1716 12:30 pm C PAC Tigres 4:2 Sockers FC USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #12
1727 4:00 pm E Team Boca 2:0 Solar Chelsea USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #7
1702 6:00 pm A LVSA Red 5:0 Andromeda FC USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #17
1708 6:00 pm B IMG SA USSF U15/16 Academy 1:2 Dallas Texans Red FC Dallas Park Field #11
1718 10:00 am C PAC Tigres 2:2 Houston Dynamo USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #15
1706 4:00 pm A Chicago Fire Youth Academy 3:2 Andromeda FC USSF U15/16 Academy Richland College Field #9
1748 6:00 pm H Albion White 1:0 Dallas Texans USSF U15/16 Academy FC Dallas Park Field #17

Same thing with the pre-academy program the pre-academy teams lost to regular club teams.

I suppose you couldn't call me a student.....but, by now, I think the OP can glean for himself where obsession leads to fantasy and then to paranoia.... Smile

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace70 4/11/2012, 8:13 am

soccer23 wrote:
starbuck wrote:

Dear Roundball,

Please do not believe this statement. This is one of the most misleading posts I've ever read. There is nothing wrong with Plano or Arlington but starbuck clearly needs a reality check (or some glasses). If one were to believe, for a fleeting moment, this statement to be true, take a look at Solar Stark 00B. They played in Plano last year and unfortunately were given a Classic League DII bye this year. They went 0-18, scored 3 goals and were scored on 103 times. I think it was irresponsible for the club to put this team is such a difficult predicament but it is clear evidence that the comment above has no basis in fact. And to suggest that Plano DI can compete with top CL DI teams is even more unsubstantiated. I would like for someone, anyone, (maybe starbuck) to find me an example of when a Plano D1 team last won a game against a CL DI team.

I will NOT be holding my breath waiting for a reply. Lol.

Find a good coach and team that fits your son and helps him grow and learn the game. If that's CL DII or Plano DI or Arlington DII then do what is best for him. If his teammates and competition are well above or well below his skill level then he will not grow as a player in either environment. Focus on your kid and don't worry about the league.

Having boys that have played in Arlington, Plano div I and II and Classic I, I would have to agree 100% with the above statement. I see no real difference between Arlington and Plano. Teams from South DFW and Arlington gravitate towards Arlington and teams from the north to Plano for obvious reasons. While these teams may have a few very good individuals on them that could easily play in a higher Classic division if should they choose, the depth on the starting 11 and the bench strength just isn't there. From what I have seen only a few of these boys will go on and play in HS and at least with our team 3/4 of the boys also play football, baseball, basketball and track. Most will continue with Club as long as the coach allows them to play other sports. They are great athletes just have not fully devoted to soccer, and may never.

The one area that I think Plano and Arlington have got it right is there is no "bye" given to the clubs or teams for the following season. Everyone, regardless of how they finished last year has to qualify to make it into Div I or II for the following year just as Classic does in U11. IMHO I think there are quite a few teams at the top of Plano and Arlington that can could compete in Classic III but not above that.

Ace70
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/12/2012, 8:14 am

After reading all these threads (mostly complaints) about teams, coaches, level of play, et. al...I have to laugh.

The team,coach and even the league/level are so far down the list it's laughable.

The only things that matter are passion and skill/tactical development. 80% of it is up to the player.

Competition at some point does matter. But it sure as hell isn't top of the list. Especially at U11-12.

Skill can't be taught per se anyway. Sure you can get skill training. But it's what you do on your own, away from training, that makes the difference.

Here's another little publicised fact. Top level defenders are almost always converted midfielders and forwards. So, playing on the backline at U11 is probably not conducive to maximizing a player'a chances of playing beyond youth/high school level.

There are exceptions. Some coaches actually do teach a passing/possession style. Therefore defenders do need to be good technically and tactically.

If not, buyer beware.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next