Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final

+2
NTskeptic
PG-Boy
6 posters

Go down

FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final Empty FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final

Post by PG-Boy 7/20/2012, 10:54 pm

Just announced via Twitter… FCDallasYouth

The #FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to the #FinalsWeek championship game. #FCDY #DTID!

Trying to stay current on the game details on various Twitter feeds took some fun effort.

Daniel Robertson ‏@Bigdsoccer had his feed going too… "So it's @FCDallasYouth vs @WhitecapsFC for the national championship on Sunday night. The game will be streamed live by @ussoccer"

@ussoccer_ynt is another feed to track.

Some of the FCD players tweet before and after the matches, too: @Fcd25Victor, @dannyboyy11, @mikeyambrose3, @jonathantop93, @guzmanf8, @MarcoCarriza, @Cos07, @bigdfranky13, @KellynAcosta, @mashby94

The Solar boys tweet, too: @18Winn, @zmath21, @OshickShams, @THaberkorn7, @H_Partain, et al.

It seems some of the FCD boys are dedicating the tournament to Jose, JP10.

Prior to kick-off, this was the match preview: http://www.fcdallas.com/news/2012/07/finals-week-preview-fc-dallas-u-18s-vs-solar-chelsea-sc

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final Empty Re: FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final

Post by NTskeptic 7/21/2012, 8:05 pm

The fact that N. Texas had two team in the semi-finals is great! Both sides should be very proud of their accomplishments and I wish FCD the best in the finals.

I must say that I am most proud of the Solar team for several reasons. To be able to compete that well against FCD is amazing due to all the advantages the FCD Academy has over the other local Academy teams. They have a tremendous advantage in recruiting with their financial support of the teams and the opportunity to train on professional fields with access to all that goes with the professional club.

NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final Empty Re: FCDallas U18s win 3-2 over Solar to advance to Final

Post by soccergrinder 7/21/2012, 9:36 pm

And the advantage of playing with older players. FCD had 5 players that were seniors last year in 2011. There are only two teams in the Developmental Academy that played 2011 graduates. FC Dallas and Vancouver Whitecaps who has 6. And which two teams made it to the finals? FC Dallas and Vancouver. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 7/21/2012, 10:14 pm

It's great NTX had two teams fighting to reach the NATIONAL Final. I'm proud for both teams, Solar and FCD.

The advantages FCD has over other local teams will only continue to increase. So, it's good to see Solar compete at the same level. Short term and long term, I don't see the Texans or Andromeda keeping up with these two clubs. Both Solar and FCD play a very creative and skillful style of possession soccer.

Question: What prevents Solar and other clubs from matching Vancouver and FCD on the age issue? It's specific to "age", correct? Not what "grade" they are currently in attendance. School grade isn't even a variable. It's the U18/U17 championship, not the "High School Senior or Lower" championship.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 7/21/2012, 10:45 pm

The other clubs will not be able to attract players that have graduated from HS and not playing college ball for the same reasons mentioned before. FCD provides a unique set of incentives for the older player; all expenses paid.

Academy Soccer is not interested in a level playing field; only that the best players are developed.
NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 7/21/2012, 11:37 pm

Ah.

So, do we have too many Academy teams, then?

It's almost like there are two tiers of soccer…

- Clubs training kids for college soccer (high school college prep track)
- Clubs training kids for the pro ranks (high school vocational track)

Clearly, FCD is training kids for the pro ranks.

Where do Texans, Andromeda, and Solar fall... Training kids for college soccer or pro soccer?
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/22/2012, 7:18 am

soccergrinder wrote:And the advantage of playing with older players. FCD had 5 players that were seniors last year in 2011. There are only two teams in the Developmental Academy that played 2011 graduates. FC Dallas and Vancouver Whitecaps who has 6. And which two teams made it to the finals? FC Dallas and Vancouver. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

AWWW poor axe grinder it's a u17/u18 championship. Take the complaints back to highschool soccer. Learn to swim or get out of the big boy pool. Of course the AL is unfair. Because it's free and they have more opportunity FCD gets the top of the talent pool. PG is correct though The AL is split in two directions and I do think they should sepreate the MLS teams into their own league and then shorten the travel schedule of the other league to lower cost and bring back highschool for them
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 7/22/2012, 7:47 am

go99,

I don't have one single complaint. I don't see anything unfair. I am just stating indisputable facts. I have the ability to see things as they really are. A broader picture if you will. Having had a kid that has gone through the system, both Classic League and Academy, and succeeded at it. And know several personal close friends who have players that play on FC Dallas. Everyone plays by the same rules. So why do YOU think things are unfair since YOU brought it up? And I have yet to see this top talent pool you are talking about. One or two players. The rest are not.

By the way. I am curious. You always seem very abusive to individuals on the forum. Why do you think that is? I assume you have a child that is a soccer player. If so. Boy or girl and what age group and who do they play for?
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 7/22/2012, 9:14 am

PG-Boy wrote:Question: What prevents Solar and other clubs from matching Vancouver and FCD on the age issue? It's specific to "age", correct? Not what "grade" they are currently in attendance. School grade isn't even a variable. It's the U18/U17 championship, not the "High School Senior or Lower" championship.
PG-Boy,

It's not a "Solar" issue. It’s a league issue. It’s a development issue. You have to get away from the “us verse them” mentality. It isn't about winning games. Or it shouldn't be in my opinion. If a club was truly interested in developing their players would you play them up, or play them down. How does it help the development of great players like Jonathan Top to have them play down? Evidently most don't think it does.

In the Academy: Playing Up
http://www.ussoccer.com/media-library/Videos/Academy/Academy/2012/Finals-Week/120720-In-the-Academy-Playing-Up.aspx

For the purpose of the discussion let’s just focus on the MLS Academy teams. Why is it that the vast majority of MLS teams do not follow this (FC Dallas) model of development? For Example, Columbus Crew, once their players graduate from high school, move their players up onto their USL U20 team. Playing them up for better development. Not keeping them down on the U17/U18 team. If you are all about winning I could see why you would want them to play down. If you are trying to develop them to a higher level you would play them up.

It seems there are a lot of people that think FC Dallas is awesome at developing their players because of the win loss record of their U17/U18 team. Isn't that how we got into the bad situation we are in the US because of that kind of mentality? Winning over development.

I have a question. If the FC Dallas system is so far superior to other clubs, how come it only shows up in a win loss column when they play these older players? How come when the playing field is level they don't do so well? A better gauge of their development would be the U15/U16 team. Because at that age the make-up of all of the teams is exactly the same. There is no age advantage.

Here are the Academy standings for the last two years in the Texas Division for the U15/U16 age group.

2010-2011
01. Texas Rush U-15/16
02. Dallas Texans U-15/16
03. Solar Chelsea SC U-15/16
04. Houston Dynamo U-15/16
05. FC Dallas U-15/16
06. Texans SC Houston U-15/16
07. Lonestar SC Academy U-15/16
08. Andromeda FC U-15/16
09. Classics Elite U-15/16

2011-2012
01. Dallas Texans U-15/16
02. Texans SC Houston U-15/16
03. Solar Chelsea SC U-15/16
04. FC Dallas U-15/16
05. Lonestar SC Academy U-15/16
06. Texas Rush U-15/16
07. Houston Dynamo U-15/16
08. Andromeda FC U-15/16
09. Classics Elite U-15/16

go99, I await your attack.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 7/22/2012, 9:31 am

Grinder,

The U15/U16 example is a great one. My son does not play for Solar and is now out the entire system. I still know players and families from Solar and FCD and all are tremendous. There is no axe to grind or. If FCD's system was better than other clubs then they should also be dominating at U16. Yes I said dominating because even though most games were competitive I am not sure if FCD U/18 lost a game to another local Academy team this year.

I think there may be something to having a MLS division in Academy, however if it is really about development it really does not matter until it comes down to the playoffs and by that time at U18 the players that want to play in college already have their deals done.

What I hate to see is all the dual rostering in pre academy-----uh oh; off topic sorry!!

NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/22/2012, 12:04 pm

first I don't think wins and losses determine the better system nor do I think they should even be doing this whole reginal national thing, it flies in the face of the stated goal. But I could argue that 17/18 is a better sign of development as the kids have been in the system longer. A team that loses to you at u16 but wins at u18 hmmm. And it's not attacking, if anything its a defense. Someone posted about the finals and then here came the whining. Last year was poor us they are using pro players. Now its poor us they are using older player. The kids are all in the same age group and you lost to a better team.

Oh and mister rah rah highschool soccer is the greatest thing ever for the kids experience can't have it both ways. Several kids turned down national team spots at the milk cup this year so the could finish out with their friends and they are trying to win it all for a Fallen teammate. But of course none of that matters because it is all about FCD trying to cheat and it isn't in your best interest. BTW FCD is a better program because of the opportunites and its FREE
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by UEFAfan 7/22/2012, 1:41 pm

go99 wrote:first I don't think wins and losses determine the better system nor do I think they should even be doing this whole reginal national thing, it flies in the face of the stated goal. But I could argue that 17/18 is a better sign of development as the kids have been in the system longer. A team that loses to you at u16 but wins at u18 hmmm. And it's not attacking, if anything its a defense. Someone posted about the finals and then here came the whining. Last year was poor us they are using pro players. Now its poor us they are using older player. The kids are all in the same age group and you lost to a better team.

Oh and mister rah rah highschool soccer is the greatest thing ever for the kids experience can't have it both ways. Several kids turned down national team spots at the milk cup this year so the could finish out with their friends and they are trying to win it all for a Fallen teammate. But of course none of that matters because it is all about FCD trying to cheat and it isn't in your best interest. BTW FCD is a better program because of the opportunites and its FREE

Then why does your BB play for Solar?? Shocked Shocked
UEFAfan
UEFAfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/22/2012, 1:54 pm

because he is not old enough to be in the academy. And there is the big sales job at fcd. Playing at FCD does not get you into the academy. Being good enough does so at a younger age the most important thing is to learn and improve wherever that is. BTW I think the Solar program is doing a great job and way better than what I saw the Texan academy teams doing.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 7/22/2012, 2:42 pm

Go99,

I have looked back over the posts and I cannot find anything that resembles whining from anyone. When you say FC Dallas has an advantage recruiting because of no pay and all pay then you are just stating the facts when someone else brings it up or points out another FACT they are just complaining.

I believe we are all rooting for FCD to win the finals and for ALL the players to advance to the next step; whatever that may be.

It is fun to watch how you twist others posts to make them appear negative!! Smile
NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/22/2012, 3:15 pm

the whining is FCD won because they play with older players. Last year it was they win because they play with pros. The fact is they are all playing their peers. Two very good teams played and the better team won, It's whining because instead of taking it like the origional poster and stating the facts and great job solar for putting in a outstanding performance you have to cheapen the win with well yeah but... So facts are it's a u17/u18 league. FCD won and was the better team on that day and the other previous meetings. oh and nowhere was I abusive. I may be an a$%hole but not abusive. And I don't twist anything just state it without the pretense. "So we are all rooting for FCD to win even though it was kinda shady how they got there" Did I get that about right?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/22/2012, 3:37 pm

NTskeptic wrote:Go99,

I have looked back over the posts and I cannot find anything that resembles whining from anyone. When you say FC Dallas has an advantage recruiting because of no pay and all pay then you are just stating the facts when someone else brings it up or points out another FACT they are just complaining.

I believe we are all rooting for FCD to win the finals and for ALL the players to advance to the next step; whatever that may be.

It is fun to watch how you twist others posts to make them appear negative!! Smile

Oh and for the record you are correct in that there was no whining from you and none of that was directed at anything you said
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TFC97BWHITE 7/22/2012, 4:31 pm

is it live on internet? time
?
TFC97BWHITE
TFC97BWHITE
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/22/2012, 5:09 pm

I think its on the fcd website at 8?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 7/24/2012, 7:24 pm

go99 wrote:first I don't think wins and losses determine the better system nor do I think they should even be doing this whole reginal national thing, it flies in the face of the stated goal. But I could argue that 17/18 is a better sign of development as the kids have been in the system longer. A team that loses to you at u16 but wins at u18 hmmm. And it's not attacking, if anything its a defense. Someone posted about the finals and then here came the whining. Last year was poor us they are using pro players. Now its poor us they are using older player. The kids are all in the same age group and you lost to a better team.

go99,

I have to admit. You and Soccernovice are my favorite posters on this forum. Novice for is unbridled enthusiasm for the AYSSES organization and his highly intelligent directive towards trying to make North Texas soccer better through development. I don't always agree with him but I love his enthusiasm. And most of his postings are well thought out and intelligent. I find your postings very entertaining as well. Sort of your Rush Limbaugh of the soccer forum. You don't always say intelligent things but that’s what makes them entertaining. Especially when you go off on tangents perpendicular to the subjects being discussed. You never allow the facts to get in your way. Absolutely great stuff.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/24/2012, 10:28 pm

your enthusiasm for solar matches novice in every respect except he has never come on to complain how the other teams are being unfair. So facts are still in my favor last I counted. FCD beat solar fact. FCD is holding the championship trophy fact. What you think about the rules or FCD motives is your opinion tinted by solar colored glasses not fact.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 7/24/2012, 11:12 pm

Absolutely awesome. Made my day.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/24/2012, 11:36 pm

glad I could help
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down