Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

01 Classic Team Evaluations Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

01 Classic Team Evaluations

+7
NotADRAMAfan
PG-Boy
Madcap
01SoccerParent
getafe01
love-the-game
slampg
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

01 Classic Team Evaluations Empty 01 Classic Team Evaluations

Post by slampg 7/22/2012, 2:53 pm

The big warm-up tournaments are now done (Puma and King Tut). A bunch of the D1 and D2 classic teams played.

Puma:
Solar Red 3-0-0 won in finals 2:1
Wizards 2-1-0 lost in finals
Olympians 1-1-1
Man U Red Devils 1-0-2
Bachman Lake 0-1-2
FC Force 0-1-2

King Tut:
FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B PREMIER 2-1-1
LIVERPOOL KEEGAN 2-1-1
ANDROMEDA 2-1-1
FC DALLAS SOUTH RED 2-0-2
FC DALLAS 01 BLUE 1-1-1 (missing Blue vs. Strikers game info)
NTX STRIKERS 0-0-3 (missing Blue vs. Strikers game info)

What thoughts are there now about the upcoming classic season?

slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

01 Classic Team Evaluations Empty Re: 01 Classic Team Evaluations

Post by love-the-game 7/22/2012, 2:57 pm

Great game from the Wizards boys !

love-the-game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/22/2012, 3:00 pm

love-the-game wrote:Great game from the Wizards boys !

A 2-1 loss to the Big Red Machine is a great result! What happened? How did they match up?
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by love-the-game 7/22/2012, 3:17 pm

Wizards scored first on Solar. On the second half Wizards scored on their own goal. Solar won on penalties after 2 extra 10 minutes ot.

love-the-game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/22/2012, 4:18 pm

slampg wrote:The big warm-up tournaments are now done (Puma and King Tut). A bunch of the D1 and D2 classic teams played.

Puma:
Olympians 1-1-1
Man U Red Devils 1-0-2
Bachman Lake 0-1-2
FC Force 0-1-2

King Tut:
LIVERPOOL KEEGAN 2-1-1
ANDROMEDA 2-1-1

I think big fat alarm bells should be ringing at FC Dallas premier after being roughed up by 2 d2 teams....

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 7/22/2012, 4:54 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
slampg wrote:The big warm-up tournaments are now done (Puma and King Tut). A bunch of the D1 and D2 classic teams played.

Puma:
Olympians 1-1-1
Man U Red Devils 1-0-2
Bachman Lake 0-1-2
FC Force 0-1-2

King Tut:
LIVERPOOL KEEGAN 2-1-1
ANDROMEDA 2-1-1

I think big fat alarm bells should be ringing at FC Dallas premier after being roughed up by 2 d2 teams....

I am sure PG-boy will provide his best Ray Hudson wannabe explanation.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 01SoccerParent 7/22/2012, 5:04 pm

Saw a ton of King Tut games...

FCD Premier: They really need to worry. Their defense was their weakness last year and it didn't improve any. They still have a potent offense, but a tad slower than last year. Prediction: middle of the D1 pack.

LP Keegan: Solid like last year. Speed and athleticism is their key. No major improvements, but no slippage either. Top half of D2.

Andro: Looks like a completely new team with several new BFS BBs. Their big question is can they figure out the possession style that they're trying to play. Top half of D2.

FCD South Red: Big improvements in coaching and and upgraded talent. Looks like they're struggling to figure out if they're a long ball team or gonna play "The FCD Way." Middle of the D2 pack.

FCD Blue: Still trying to figure out how to incorporate their new BBs but same style and uber aggressiveness will continue to serve them well. Talk about a team that never says die! Top half of D2.

Strikers: Kept all their games close, but couldn't quite get over the hump. Welcome to the big bad world of D2. It's probably only gonna last one year.

Wizards: Didn't see Puma, but anyone that can play Solar Red even for 60+ minutes needs to be feared. Top half of D2 for sure!

01SoccerParent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/22/2012, 9:09 pm

All in all I thought there was some good ball being played. Everyone has some work to do but the results suggest some evenly matched games.

01SoccerParent, I was thinking the same thing about the NTX Strikers. I hope they get it figured out or it is going to be a long season.

MC
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 7/22/2012, 11:00 pm

PG-Boy has been busy getting a tan. He'll be back soon with his Hudson review.

All I can say is I'm a few shades darker after playing in my men's match today. Coincidence says, the same referee marking the middle in Frisco for our boy's game happened to be all the way across town in Pleasant Grove whistling my men's O30 summer league match. How's that for coincidence?

Anyway, two cook-outs and several games later, I'm pooped. I'll leave you today by stating, Andromeda '01 is a D2 team to be reckoned with. Excuse my grammar. Once they gel, watch out D2.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/23/2012, 12:03 pm

I don't know. I think everyone can take positive things out of this tournament. No doubt the Andro boys looked excellent on Sunday but consistency is the key.

Wizards, Andro, Coppell, LP Keegan, and FCD Blue probably round out the top 5, South Red is in the fight for sure...That leaves who? LP Callaghan, LP Pedroso, NTX Strikers, & Anoranzas.

Does anyone know when we will get a look at the last four teams? Are they playing in anything before League Play?
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/23/2012, 12:32 pm

Madcap wrote:I don't know. I think everyone can take positive things out of this tournament. No doubt the Andro boys looked excellent on Sunday but consistency is the key.

Wizards, Andro, Coppell, LP Keegan, and FCD Blue probably round out the top 5, South Red is in the fight for sure...That leaves who? LP Callaghan, LP Pedroso, NTX Strikers, & Anoranzas.

Does anyone know when we will get a look at the last four teams? Are they playing in anything before League Play?

Can speak of LP Pedroso... BB played them twice in Memorial Day tourney with Bazan and they were very competitive. I suspect they will be fighting their way up to the top half of D2 as well (my guess is they finish middle third). Not sure why Coppell is on your top half list. They were definitely weak in classic last year and have only beaten one decent D2 team in tournament play since (FCD Blue at FlameFest) and lost to a weakened D1 team (Titans at AFC tourney). I'd want to see more from them as well before talking top half of the league next year.

The biggest take away for me at KT was that D2 this year is going to be extremely competitive with very few "easy" weeks for any of the teams.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/23/2012, 12:52 pm

Coppell FC is a scrappy team that, according to the boards, has picked up some Solar Red Boys. They had a good showing in Mid-June Flamefest Tourney. Maybe I should stay away from the Kool Aid??

Did they sign any of the Solar Red kiddos?? Alot can happen between June 17th and July 1st.
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 1:39 pm

Madcap wrote:I don't know. I think everyone can take positive things out of this tournament. No doubt the Andro boys looked excellent on Sunday but consistency is the key.

i saw all these teams except wizards and coppell play a game at tut but did see coppell at flame fest. The overall sense i got was that they are at rough parity and can beat each other at any given time with south red a step down from these 5. Strikers look like they are in for a long season with that d3 kickball they play definitely looked like the weakest group in the bunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 7/23/2012, 2:02 pm

If anyone on this board considers FCD Blue a contender then Coppell definitely should be considered.

Coppell have not played the Titans since Classic League ended.

They played Sporting Utd and lost 2 - 1. Titans and Sporting UTD are not related. Titans are Texas Lightning now.

Personal opinion, I have watched
Coppell
Wizards
FCD Blue

Opinion, any given Saturday.

King Tut showed that Liverpool Keegan , Andromeda , FCDTS Vedral are teams that can play and compete.

Any given Saturday.

So happy we are not playing in this July and August heat.

Do not miss CL qualifying from last year which was hotter than this year.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 2:32 pm

NotADRAMAfan wrote:If anyone on this board considers FCD Blue a contender then Coppell definitely should be considered.

They played Sporting Utd and lost 2 - 1. Titans and Sporting UTD are not related. Titans are Texas Lightning now.

Coppell
Wizards
FCD Blue

King Tut showed that Liverpool Keegan , Andromeda , FCDTS Vedral are teams that can play and compete.

Any given Saturday.

lol, i think most posters have included coppell, the only question was did they keep the solar kids or just rent them out to win a tournament? cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 7/23/2012, 3:07 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
NotADRAMAfan wrote:If anyone on this board considers FCD Blue a contender then Coppell definitely should be considered.

Coppell
Wizards
FCD Blue

Any given Saturday.

lol, i think most posters have included coppell, the only question was did they keep the solar kids or just rent them out to win a tournament? cheers

Guess we will find out. However Coppell never rents players to win tournaments. We do not have a slush fund or not that I know of.... hmmmm.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 3:42 pm

NotADRAMAfan wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Coppell
Wizards
FCD Blue

Any given Saturday.

Guess we will find out. However Coppell never rents players to win tournaments. We do not have a slush fund or not that I know of.... hmmmm.

funny how you skipped the main question......

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 7/23/2012, 11:15 pm

KING TUT 2012

Thursday, July 19, 2012
FC DALLAS SOUTH 3, FC DALLAS BLUE 2
NTX STRIKERS 0, FC DALLAS PREMIER 2
ANDROMEDA FC 1, LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN 1
Saturday, July 21, 2012
FC DALLAS PREMIER 1, FC DALLAS BLUE 1
ANDROMEDA FC 2, FC DALLAS SOUTH 1
NTX STRIKERS 0 LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN 1
LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN 1, FC DALLAS PREMIER 10
FC DALLAS SOUTH 2, NTX STRIKERS 0
FC DALLAS BLUE 2, ANDROMEDA FC 1
Sunday, July 22, 2012
FC DALLAS PREMIER 1, ANDROMEDA FC 2
FC DALLAS SOUTH 2, LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN 5
FC DALLAS BLUE 1, NTX STRIKERS 0

STANDINGS: Win, Draw, Loss, Goals For, Goals Against, Total Points

1: FC DALLAS PREMIER 2 1 1 14 4 23
2: FC DALLAS BLUE 2 1 1 6 5 22
3: LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN 2 1 1 8 13 22
4: ANDROMEDA FC 2 1 1 6 5 21
5: FC DALLAS SOUTH RED 2 0 2 8 9 21
6: NTX STRIKERS BLUE 0 0 4 0 6 0

> The friendlies were a good test for the teams. They were able to work in the new talent added and try new positioning combinations.
> Four teams had identical 2-1-1 records.
> Five teams had 23, 22, and 21 points in the standings. It was fairly even across the board with all teams showing flashes of positive.
> FCDP was clearly not sharp and paid the price with FCD Blue nearly knocking them off and Andromeda toppling them. Friendlies must not be their gig. They had a similar result in the Tut in 2011, then followed it up by winning in the Austin Labor Day tournament playing a year-up. They finished D1 Top 5 last year and are predicted to finish in the same position.
> FCD Blue was super feisty. They still need offensive. One more goal per game will give them the points needed to finish in the D2 Top 3. Their GF and GA was virtually even. They take plenty of shots, but they are simply not putting the ball in the net enough. I really like how aggressive they press across the breadth of the pitch. They are like little dynamos, sprinting & tackling like demons. I love their tenacity. Good stuff.
> LP Keegan tied Blue in the standings so they had a decent, albeit inconsistent, showing. Not sure what happened in their FCDP match. Then they score FIVE goals the next game. They will be a D2 Top 5.
> Andromeda had their new-look on display. Wow, once they practice/play together, they will be a super D2 team. I really like their size and speed. A few more games will show us they are D1 quality. It's not easy absorbing EIGHT new players. I'm now predicting they will finish in the Top 2, and move to D1 next year.
> Didn't get a chance to watch either FCD South Red or NTX Strikers. Like many of you stated, FCD South Red will finish mid-table, likely 6th place. The Strikers didn't score a single goal. They will have a very long year due to their smash-ball playing style.
> D2 will have a VERY EXCITING season. A lot of fireworks!
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/24/2012, 6:50 am

"Andromeda had their new-look on display. Wow, once they practice/play together, they will be a super D2 team. I really like their size and speed. A few more games will show us they are D1 quality. It's not easy absorbing EIGHT new players. I'm now predicting they will finish in the Top 2, and move to D1 next year."

umm, not sure if an andromeda parent kidnapped you and drugged you with kool aid but that's a little much. they are in the mix but not a definite top 2. A nice win against a premier team that was clearly off their game but andromeda could have been beaten 3 or 4 to 1 by both keegan and blue. time will tell.....

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 7/24/2012, 10:49 am

Andromeda had their new-look on display. Wow, once they practice/play together, they will be a super D2 team. I really like their size and speed. A few more games will show us they are D1 quality. It's not easy absorbing EIGHT new players. I'm now predicting they will finish in the Top 2, and move to D1 next year.

Eight new players, all of them starters or what ?

8 is enough to get you to D1 if they are an upgrade.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 7/24/2012, 11:26 am

NotADRAMAfan wrote: Andromeda had their new-look on display. Wow, once they practice/play together, they will be a super D2 team. I really like their size and speed. A few more games will show us they are D1 quality. It's not easy absorbing EIGHT new players. I'm now predicting they will finish in the Top 2, and move to D1 next year.

Eight new players, all of them starters or what ?

8 is enough to get you to D1 if they are an upgrade.

Where did they all come from? D1 teams?
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 7/24/2012, 12:03 pm

Andromeda just needs more training time to gel.

Oh; Their new UnderArmor baby blue kids are sharp.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/24/2012, 12:31 pm

We do have 8 new players and all of them are awesome additions. We retained only 7 from last year's team. IMO we kept the best 7 and simply added to it. Only 3 of the 7 returned to play the same position as last year. So yes, several new starters.

LP Keegan should have won 4-0, no doubt, but that was our first game with this group. Kids were running into each other, some mis-communication in the back, and missing both starting center Mid's.

Regarding the new kit, anything that breaks up the sea of red is ok in my book. :-)

MC
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jack0fspeed 7/24/2012, 12:42 pm

PG-Boy wrote:KING TUT 2012

> Andromeda had their new-look on display. Wow, once they practice/play together, they will be a super D2 team. I really like their size and speed. A few more games will show us they are D1 quality. It's not easy absorbing EIGHT new players. I'm now predicting they will finish in the Top 2, and move to D1 next year.

I was at Puma and my son worked out w/Andromeda a few weeks ago.

At Puma, Wizards tied Olympians 2-2. Wizards did not appear to be in top form that night. They did miss 2 headers and 1 shot from inside the six yard box (missed them all over the goal). So the game might have been lopsided on a better night, but all of those opportunities were the result of defensive mistakes by the Olympians. The strength of the Wizard's game was serving crosses to their tall strikers. The quality of the service was simply outstanding. Finishing was another matter.

I didn't see the Solar games but I know they beat the Olympians 3-0 which is the closest those two have ever played. I'm inclined to think Solar was not at the top of their game either.

Andromeda is a team that definitely seemed to be collecting BSFs. But as far as I could tell, they were all born without the passing gene. They would much rather take a challenged shot from the wing than hit a wide open cutter streaking toward the far post. That collection of kids is not playing possession soccer anytime soon.

jack0fspeed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/24/2012, 1:49 pm

No doubt there is work to be done by all teams. Nothing will be given easily this year.

Interestingly enough though, the game winner on Sunday was a perfectly weighted ball that split the two CB's to a cutting forward. Sir, it was nice.

Go North Carolina, I mean UCLA, ugh....I mean Andro, go Andro! Very Happy
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next