Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 17 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Premier Supercopa

+54
Duke1695
nontxorcalteam
Seinfeld4
OK Footballer
chl37
newton heath FC
coachdom
PELE_papacito
Ibystander
davito
moveyourfeet
WBSC DC
Bogus
bunited
EAL League Advisor
finish1
Firewater
Rancho4C
CincoB
So Cal Bicycle
PatsDad
ricky jones
donotquestion
SDadX2
Maradona
plantit
Soccer27
crazyd
ProudSoccerParent
TryingMyBest
ThiefCatcher
yellowboots
GMO
HatTrick10
hghaleb
go99
TheRealSantaClaus
omega striker
AlbionDad
skillzski
U90C
Number13
my2cents
crazeesoccermom
allen04
Nomadsjm
Soccerinsanity
Sprint
odie1993
mtodd
sukiakiman
4theluvofthegame
jessesalas79
mcgill
58 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 17 Empty Re: Dallas Premier Supercopa

Post by skillzski 6/7/2013, 1:23 pm

Will keep you updated. Kick off 5:30 tonight.

skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newton heath FC 6/7/2013, 2:11 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:Those (Sprint, Moveyourfeet, Yellowboots, Bunited, rickyjones, ibystander, socalbicyle, patsdad,nomadsjm, number 13, and any other parents I left off) that have kids in the tournament please update the rest of us on what it's like.

Good luck Texas teams!!!!

Less than 3 hours till opening whistle bounce

03 parents. Please post under the 03 area so it doesn't become confusing

newton heath FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 17 Empty Good day 1!

Post by So Cal Bicycle 6/7/2013, 9:57 pm

Thought there were some good games today. California played well 21 goals for Nd only 1 against! However the games get harder tomorrow! Nomads versus DT Pomykal is the marquee matchup!

Could be a Surf Cup preview!

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.asp?eventid=30462

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 17 Empty Hey OK Footballer

Post by So Cal Bicycle 6/8/2013, 12:24 pm

Looks like the CA teams have wilted in the Texas heat yet!
7-1 through the first 2 rounds.

We will see if they can maintain but tremendous showing. Nomads looked in the win over Dallas Texans.

OK Footballer you need to throw us some "California Love"

https://youtu.be/uWbXQQG9B6c

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 6/8/2013, 9:26 pm

Looks like storms may put things on pause for a while in the morning. Been a great tournament so far with strong competition.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomadsjm 6/8/2013, 10:15 pm

OK Footballer wrote:Found some video of the Nomads team!

https://youtu.be/euMu1SKi-ak

Watch out everybody!
. Your not that funny any more . You still think I need messi or cr7 ?

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomadsjm 6/8/2013, 10:29 pm

odie1993 wrote:
chl37 wrote:Gave up 6 goals. Made 6. Looks even. No luck there

It looks like neither team can play defense. 6 goals given up in a final?
You still think we can't play D ? A lot of talking with out even knowing how good the california team are. That's how good that final was . Albion did the same thing at cerritos cup no team could score on them till they played my team .. give the California teams RESPECT!!!!

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomadsjm 6/8/2013, 10:36 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Looks like the CA teams have wilted in the Texas heat yet!
7-1 through the first 2 rounds.

We will see if they can maintain but tremendous showing. Nomads looked in the win over Dallas Texans.

OK Footballer you need to throw us some "California Love"

https://youtu.be/uWbXQQG9B6c
thanks for the love man. Kids really want this. But don't think they will give love to the cali teams . Some out there can't take it. That cali teams always strong .

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 6/9/2013, 7:24 am

Hopefully the FC Dallas fields will take the rain like they say! Some fantastic games today.

Hope we get them in!

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 17 Empty Wilting starting?

Post by OK Footballer 6/9/2013, 8:25 am

The California teams started hot but have been cooling off.

Look at the "Top Two" California teams

Albion
7-0
5-0
3-1

Nomads
5-1
6-3
4-3

See the pattern

Not taking teams apart anymore!

As far as defense is concerned if I was Nomads I would be worried. They have given up more goals than any of the other group winners!

The 7 goals is almost as many as other 4 group winners COMBINED!

When I walked by your game yesterday versus Tuzos to see this "soccer machine" you pulled your goalie as he was being shredded. I can't remember if the girl on the other team scored against you or not but she was able to slow down this juggernaut!

I would not be bragging about my defense if we conceded 7 goals in 3 games!

My Oklahoma teams may not have gotten into the Top Bracket but our beat Ok team only lost 3-1 to the mighty Albion! I only regret they didn't play them today! The way these CA teams are wilting like dying Texas rose we could taken them!

OK Footballer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomadsjm 6/9/2013, 9:05 am

OK Footballer wrote:The California teams started hot but have been cooling off.

Look at the "Top Two" California teams

Albion
7-0
5-0
3-1

Nomads
5-1
6-3
4-3

See the pattern

Not taking teams apart anymore!

As far as defense is concerned if I was Nomads I would be worried. They have given up more goals than any of the other group winners!

The 7 goals is almost as many as other 4 group winners COMBINED!

When I walked by your game yesterday versus Tuzos to see this "soccer machine" you pulled your goalie as he was being shredded. I can't remember if the girl on the other team scored against you or not but she was able to slow down this juggernaut!

I would not be bragging about my defense if we conceded 7 goals in 3 games!

My Oklahoma teams may not have gotten into the Top Bracket but our beat Ok team only lost 3-1 to the mighty Albion! I only regret they didn't play them today! The way these CA teams are wilting like dying Texas rose we could taken them!
Could, Should, say what you want today . You had them yesterday and you could not beat them . So don't come in here and say maybe today we can. If that's the case maybe next year you gett your team better and try to beat any cali team. ok I see we don't have your Respect ! Its ok . Think some one on in this room said we had the hardest group. But we still came out on top . Some of you guys are bad losers.:'(........
Some should just put there :-!

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 6/9/2013, 9:39 am

Good lord....have mercy on their souls...they know not what they are doing...Amen

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgill 6/9/2013, 4:00 pm

Well the semi-finals have 2 NTX teams and 2 CAS teams in it. The finals of the silver have a NTX team and FL team in it... 3 NTX teams, 2 CAS teams, and 1 FL team. I think NTX represented themselves well... So much for the East Coast teams that were talking all of that trash about how we would be so surprised at how good they were. Fishtown had an easy bracket and then got their tails whipped by SR 6-2. The Woodbridge Strikers then got sent home in the semi-finals by Solar Farley... Now let's see what happens the rest of the way! Nice job NTX!

mcgill
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cracktheshot 6/9/2013, 6:51 pm

Congrats to u9 and u10 solar teams for their championships. U9 scored with a couple seconds left to win.....Nomads claimed offsides but the kid dribbled through at least three players before he shot. Great game. U10 won in Pk's.

cracktheshot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski 6/9/2013, 7:16 pm

Congrats to both Solar teams. Well deserved.
skillzski
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgill 6/9/2013, 9:43 pm

Nomadsjm wrote:

Watch out everybody!

You probably could have used them today.... Congrats to SR for shutting the Nomads coach up and sending him home bowing to NTX soccer... Just happy to see NTX teams be the ones to knock all 3 top division CAS teams out of the tournament... Come back next year with a stronger team Smile... Isn't that what you told the Oklahoma parents...

mcgill
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/9/2013, 9:48 pm

mcgill wrote:
Nomadsjm wrote:

Watch out everybody!

You probably could have used them today.... Congrats to SR for shutting the Nomads coach up and sending him home bowing to NTX soccer... Just happy to see NTX teams be the ones to knock all 3 top division CAS teams out of the tournament... Come back next year with a stronger team Smile... Isn't that what you told the Oklahoma parents...
lol! congrats to solar for the sweep winning both the U9 and U10 divisions! affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 6/9/2013, 10:51 pm

mcgill wrote:
Nomadsjm wrote:

Watch out everybody!

Had great conversations with Albion and Pateadores coaches. Great group of parents as well. Don't knock those teams because they represented very well. Very close and competitive games.
Nomads: you have a great team, would like to see a little more class though. Remember your 9 yr olds learn from what you do or say. Just let the players do the talking by how they play, not by what you say.

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 17 Empty fishtown hotspurs

Post by allaboutsoccer 6/10/2013, 3:21 am

you can say what you want about the fishtown hotspurs..for people that dont know the fishtown hotspurs is a little club team that you pay $80 A YEAR To play you gotta live within a mile of the club to be able to play..they aint a academy team they dont pay there coaches to play they get 15 kids out at try outs..for these kids to go to a national tournament an win one game was big to them..so please before you make negative comments about the fishtown hotspurs please try an accomplish what they did an how they did it.

allaboutsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 6/10/2013, 7:59 am

yellowboots wrote:
mcgill wrote:
Nomadsjm wrote:

Watch out everybody!

Had great conversations with Albion and Pateadores coaches. Great group of parents as well. Don't knock those teams because they represented very well. Very close and competitive games.
Nomads: you have a great team, would like to see a little more class though. Remember your 9 yr olds learn from what you do or say. Just let the players do the talking by how they play, not by what you say.

Coach...yes, kids seemed well behaved... crowd maybe but I did not see a different behavior from your crowd on both games you guys played against them. Sour grapes because nomads defeated Texans twice in a convincing manner?....perhaps.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GMO 6/10/2013, 9:29 am

mcgill wrote:
Well the semi-finals have 2 NTX teams and 2 CAS teams in it. The finals of the silver have a NTX team and FL team in it... 3 NTX teams, 2 CAS teams, and 1 FL team. I think NTX represented themselves well... So much for the East Coast teams that were talking all of that trash about how we would be so surprised at how good they were. Fishtown had an easy bracket and then got their tails whipped by SR 6-2. The Woodbridge Strikers then got sent home in the semi-finals by Solar Farley... Now let's see what happens the rest of the way! Nice job NTX!

I'd like to congratulate Fishtown and Woodbridge and of course the victors Solar Red. The East Coast only had 2/24 teams represented and did quite well relative to their representation at a national level tournament. Fishtown won their bracket which is quite an accomplishment, and lost to the tournament victor by a margin similar to the well respected Albion White team. Woodbridge was in a tough bracket and performed well considering. Woodbridge is a local club which has done well, but has not participated in any regional tournaments prior to the Supercopa.

Since 12/24 teams were from CAS and NTX, its not surprising that these areas were well represented in the finals. That being said Solar Texas should be proud and earned a coveted victory over tough competition. I hope both east coast teams valued their tournament experience and felt it was worth the considerable expense and effort to attend your tournament.
To let you know there are plenty of people watching the results of your tournament and reading your forums to evaluate whether the tournament would be
appropriate for their team next year. I am not impressed with the behavior from commentors like McGill above who I think does nothing to positively advertise your tournament.

GMO
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 6/10/2013, 9:45 am

GMO wrote:
mcgill wrote:

I'd like to congratulate Fishtown and Woodbridge and of course the victors Solar Red. The East Coast only had 2/24 teams represented and did quite well relative to their representation at a national level tournament. Fishtown won their bracket which is quite an accomplishment, and lost to the tournament victor by a margin similar to the well respected Albion White team. Woodbridge was in a tough bracket and performed well considering. Woodbridge is a local club which has done well, but has not participated in any regional tournaments prior to the Supercopa.

Since 12/24 teams were from CAS and NTX, its not surprising that these areas were well represented in the finals. That being said Solar Texas should be proud and earned a coveted victory over tough competition. I hope both east coast teams valued their tournament experience and felt it was worth the considerable expense and effort to attend your tournament.
To let you know there are plenty of people watching the results of your tournament and reading your forums to evaluate whether the tournament would be
appropriate for their team next year. I am not impressed with the behavior from commentors like McGill above who I think does nothing to positively advertise your tournament.

I thought the tournament was a great success and all the teams should be happy they stepped up and competed against one of the strongest fields put together at this age. However, I also hope the parents do not too carried away with the hype and talk that goes on during posts on this forum. The parents on here get pumped up and overzealous at times ( me included) but I truly think there is respect for all the teams that were willing to come to Texas ( at great expense) to play.

A few comments about the tournament:

It was a great idea from the start to get these teams together and the organizers got it right with the timing, venue and the teams they selected to compete. I spoke with parents from many states and we are lucky to have a venue like FCD for these youth tournaments. Even with the rain on Sunday am they were able to quickly change schedules and it went on without a hitch. I have heard the tournament may expand to invite some international teams next year and that would be even better. Job well done to the organizers.

As for the play on the field, I think soccer is soccer and 9 year olds are 9 years olds throughout the country. The regional arguments fall on deaf ears as far as I am concerned because I saw of lot of soccer played the same way by a lot of teams from different regions. The kids that were a little faster, a little stronger on the ball and had good shots on free kicks seemed to do a little better than the other teams. The coaches that I saw all seemed to be telling their kids to try to play it short, keep the ball and work it up the field. I did not see too many coaches yelling at kids to simply whack the heck out of it and chase. The future for US soccer is on the upswing as far as I am concerned.

Look forward to seeing what kind of field they put together for next year. Only 365 days until the tournament starts: Very Happy

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 6/10/2013, 3:40 pm

Sprint wrote:
GMO wrote:
mcgill wrote:

I thought the tournament was a great success and all the teams should be happy they stepped up and competed against one of the strongest fields put together at this age. However, I also hope the parents do not too carried away with the hype and talk that goes on during posts on this forum. The parents on here get pumped up and overzealous at times ( me included) but I truly think there is respect for all the teams that were willing to come to Texas ( at great expense) to play.

It was a great idea from the start to get these teams together and the organizers got it right with the timing, venue and the teams they selected to compete. I spoke with parents from many states and we are lucky to have a venue like FCD for these youth tournaments. Even with the rain on Sunday am they were able to quickly change schedules and it went on without a hitch. I have heard the tournament may expand to invite some international teams next year and that would be even better. Job well done to the organizers.

As for the play on the field, I think soccer is soccer and 9 year olds are 9 years olds throughout the country. The regional arguments fall on deaf ears as far as I am concerned because I saw of lot of soccer played the same way by a lot of teams from different regions. The kids that were a little faster, a little stronger on the ball and had good shots on free kicks seemed to do a little better than the other teams. The coaches that I saw all seemed to be telling their kids to try to play it short, keep the ball and work it up the field. I did not see too many coaches yelling at kids to simply whack the heck out of it and chase. The future for US soccer is on the upswing as far as I am concerned.

Look forward to seeing what kind of field they put together for next year. Only 365 days until the tournament starts: Very Happy

For a first year tournament of the caliber presented, I thought it went way better than expected. Kudos to all of the out of town teams who made the journey. We appreciate your sacrifice in making this tournament a National success. While I didn't get to see all of the teams, the ones we saw from the sidelines as well as those we faced were very spirited games with boys showing a lot of heart. To the out of towners who read this forum, I'm not certain all of the posters actually had kids that played, and just enjoy the board commenting, so don't be discouraged. I hope the parents and teams got the competition they were looking for and consider coming again. Good luck to all in their future leagues and tournaments.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomadsjm 6/12/2013, 1:42 am

SDadX2 wrote:
Sprint wrote:
GMO wrote:
mcgill wrote:

I'd like to congratulate Fishtown and Woodbridge and of course the victors Solar Red. The East Coast only had 2/24 teams represented and did quite well relative to their representational at a national level tournament. Fishtown won their bracket which is quite an accomplishment, and lost to the tournament victor by a margin similar to the well respected Albion White team. Woodbridge was in a tough bracket and performed well considering. Woodbridge is a local club which has done well, but has not participated in any regional tournaments prior to the Supercopa.

For a first year tournament of the caliber presented, I thought it went way better than expected. Kudos to all of the out of town teams who made the journey. We appreciate your sacrifice in making this tournament a National success. While I didn't get to see all of the teams, the ones we saw from the sidelines as well as those we faced were very spirited games with boys showing a lot of heart. To the out of towners who read this forum, I'm not certain all of the posters actually had kids that played, and just enjoy the board commenting, so don't be discouraged. I hope the parents and teams got the competition they were looking for and consider coming again. Good luck to all in their future leagues and tournaments.

I would like to congratulate Solar on there win in the final .last minute goal great game.
To the parents in here dont take everything so seriously , I was just having fun . I think some if not most in here were pulling for my team to lose and it's understanding . But I also made some friends . I know my team impressing all the coaches of the teams that we beat were like your team is fantastic great touch. And yes we give up goal but that will happen when your teaching 9yr old to play soccer the right way . They are young so mistakes will happen. To me the most important thing is there development . Not whether we give up too many goals.
To the Frisco storm I would like to thank you for everything you all did. Bob you were great !! Ever want to come to SD just email . Hope next year we get invited . It was fun see you next year!!

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgill 6/12/2013, 2:11 pm

GMO wrote:
mcgill wrote:

I'd like to congratulate Fishtown and Woodbridge and of course the victors Solar Red.  The East Coast only had 2/24 teams represented and did quite well relative to their representation at a national level tournament. Fishtown won their bracket which is quite an accomplishment, and lost to the tournament victor by a margin similar to the well respected Albion White team.  Woodbridge was in a tough bracket and performed well considering.  Woodbridge is a local club which has done well, but has not participated in any regional tournaments prior to the Supercopa.

Since 12/24 teams were from CAS and NTX, its not surprising that these areas were well represented in the finals.  That being said Solar Texas should be proud and earned a coveted victory over tough competition.  I hope both east coast teams valued their tournament experience and felt it was worth the considerable expense and effort to attend your tournament.  
appropriate for their team next year.  I am not impressed with the behavior from commentors like McGill above who I think does nothing to positively advertise your tournament.

Like I care if people from the East Coast are reading my posts and deciding if they should come here... If that's the case then those people are dumb... BTW, I am the author of this thread so bite me if you don't like it...

mcgill
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 6/12/2013, 3:52 pm

Nomads, you were and are most welcome, this year and next. We were privileged you made the trip and look forward to seeing you again next year. The event was awesome and our guests incomparable. Really enjoyed meeting those parents and players from all the other states. Lots of very spirited play and cheering from the sidelines. 

On to next year! :-)
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next