Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ayses winter cup 01 predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ayses winter cup 01 predictions

4 posters

Go down

ayses winter cup 01 predictions Empty ayses winter cup 01 predictions

Post by Guest 1/13/2013, 10:53 am

This is a hard tournament to call. On the face of it, Lightning looks like the easy favorite, followed by DT Craft and then FCD Blue. The fly in the ointment is that both Craft and Blue have both beaten the Lightning a couple of times. Still having said that, it is still the Lightning's tourney to lose but an upset by blue or craft could be in the works....

Back to top Go down

ayses winter cup 01 predictions Empty Re: ayses winter cup 01 predictions

Post by Guest 1/13/2013, 11:14 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:This is a hard tournament to call. On the face of it, Lightning looks like the easy favorite, followed by DT Craft and then FCD Blue. The fly in the ointment is that both Craft and Blue have both beaten the Lightning a couple of times. Still having said that, it is still the Lightning's tourney to lose but an upset by blue or craft could be in the works....

If those teams have beat lightning a few times why would it be an upset if they did so again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/13/2013, 11:22 am

Riquelme wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:This is a hard tournament to call. On the face of it, Lightning looks like the easy favorite, followed by DT Craft and then FCD Blue. The fly in the ointment is that both Craft and Blue have both beaten the Lightning a couple of times. Still having said that, it is still the Lightning's tourney to lose but an upset by blue or craft could be in the works....

If those teams have beat lightning a few times why would it be an upset if they did so again?

I think it would be an upset given their relative classic League standings/records and the talent level vs the Lightning. I certainly wouldn't start counting my chickens if I were the lightning...

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/13/2013, 11:46 am

It's the Tx Lightning's tournament to lose.

On the other hand, FCD Blue defeated them in the semi-final of the TFC cup last month. I believe, TX Lightning won in group play 4-0.

It's difficult to beat any team, twice in a short period of time because the losing team learns from the first defeat by making adjustments. Also, often the victor in the first encounter is over-confident in the rematch.

TX Lightning is a robustly assertive team. Very physical, but with flashes of beautiful finesse. When they get the engines fired-up, watch out. On the other hand, they have short-fuses and tend to self destruct when they lose their tempers. They definitely have the temperament of their fiery coach. These boys have earned their top 5 D1 finish.

FCD Blue plays a very hyper-aggressive and physical defense and midfield. It's not easy to break-them down. When they keep the score low until late in the game, they can sting. Their challenge has always been scoring more than one goal per match. Score early on them to win. Fail to score early, roll the dice.

DT Craft is a similarly physically agressive team like FCD Blue, but with boys that can score. They have imposing size and some really good speed.

It think DT Craft and FCD Blue will be meet in a semifinal. First team to score two goals, wins to meet TX Lightning in the Final.

The only way TX Lightning is defeated in this tournament is... if a team scores early and then causes them to lose their cool. When they start accumulating a bunch of yellow and red cards, boom.

Last edited by PG-Boy on 1/13/2013, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/13/2013, 11:50 am

PG-Boy wrote:It's the Tx Lightning's tournament to lose.

On the other hand, FCD Blue defeated them in the semi-final of the TFC cup last month. I believe, TX Lightning won in group play 4-0.

It's difficult to beat any team, twice in a short period of time because the losing team learns from the first defeat by making adjustments. Also, often the victor in the first encounter is over-confident in the rematch.

TX Lightning is a robustly assertive team. Very physical, but with flashes of beautiful finesse. When they get the engines fired-up, watch out. On the other hand, they have short-fuses and tend to self destruct when they lose their tempers. They definitely have the temperament of their fiery coach. These boys have earned their top 5 D1 finish.

FCD Blue plays a very hyper-aggressive and physical defense and midfield. It's not easy to break-them down. When they keep the score low until late in the game, they can sting. Their challenge has always been scoring more than one goal per match. Score early on them to win. Fail to score early, roll the dice.

DT Craft is a similarly physically agressive team like FCD Blue, but with boys that can score. They have imposing size and some really good speed.

It think DT Craft and FCD Blue will be meet in a semifinal. First team to score two goals, wins to meet TX Lightning in the Final.

The only way TX Lightning is defeated in this tournament is... if a team scores early and then causes them to lose their cool. When they start accumulating a bunch of yellow and red cards, boom. They won't lose.

I think that's spot on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2013, 4:17 pm

"It think DT Craft and FCD Blue will be meet in a semifinal. First team to score two goals, wins to meet TX Lightning in the Final. "

You were on the money PG. They both got to two goals and Blue won on penalty kicks. Now Lightning vs Blue in the final. Lightning's tournament to win. Lightning 3-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2013, 9:49 pm

congrats to the lightning, winter champs, 3-0
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 1/21/2013, 8:31 am

123, we wanted to catch that semi final but ODP had us in Arlington instead. 2-2 in regulation...one would assume it was well played by both teams. Can you give a summary? Thanks!

And once again, The Lightening show themselves to be a solid top tier team. Congrats to those boys as well.
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2013, 9:12 am

Madcap wrote:123, we wanted to catch that semi final but ODP had us in Arlington instead. 2-2 in regulation...one would assume it was well played by both teams. Can you give a summary? Thanks!

And once again, The Lightening show themselves to be a solid top tier team. Congrats to those boys as well.

A well fought even game, blue scored first on a pk after their forward was knocked down even though he scored, a pk was called and blue converted. Then craft scored on a nice outside shot on a breakaway. Late in the game craft scored on a long freekick by i think a kid who played for the lightning last season. Then in the dying minutes blue scored on freekick to tie. It was very back and forth. Then in pks blue converted 3 of 4 and craft was eliminated. I took away two things from this game. D1 is a tough place to play. Craft certainly didnt look like a last place team. Second, blue is a dangerous inconsistent team. Able to beat d1 teams but then barely gets by some much lower d3 teams. They need a go to scorer. I didnt see the final but i heard there was some monkey business on the time keeping, thats ntx soccer....

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 1/21/2013, 10:24 am

blue scored first on a pk after their forward was knocked down even though he scored, a pk was called and blue converted.

So they scored, ref disallowed the goal and then had them take a PK for the goal? WTF?
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2013, 11:03 am

allen04 wrote:
blue scored first on a pk after their forward was knocked down even though he scored, a pk was called and blue converted.

So they scored, ref disallowed the goal and then had them take a PK for the goal? WTF?

yep, just your friendly ntx refs at work, Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kids Soccer, Right? 1/21/2013, 3:43 pm

Madcap wrote:123, we wanted to catch that semi final but ODP had us in Arlington instead. 2-2 in regulation...one would assume it was well played by both teams. Can you give a summary? Thanks!

A little off topic here, but how was the attendance at ODP for the 01 boys? With the Ayses tournament and a few teams in Houston from the area I was wondering if it hurt the turnout.
Kids Soccer, Right?
Kids Soccer, Right?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 1/21/2013, 9:45 pm

I think we counted around 45 boys at ODP. It was by far the smallest turnout so far. The weather was great and it was enjoyable enough. It seemed like a good time for all.
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/21/2013, 11:43 pm

RE: Winter Cup... Congrats to the semi finalists and champion.

RE: ODP... my bb was finally able to make it.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down