Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

This week in Classic League - Predictions (Feb 2nd) - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

This week in Classic League - Predictions (Feb 2nd)

+7
flamethrower
Liverpool00/02
go99
Goooal!!!
afrankw
omega striker
Seinfeld4
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This week in Classic League - Predictions (Feb 2nd) - Page 2 Empty Re: This week in Classic League - Predictions (Feb 2nd)

Post by go99 1/30/2013, 10:51 pm

flamethrower wrote:TO Go99 - What you looked up was topr recruits and their high school is always listed next to their name.. the only non-club players that are recruited by college coaches through high school are NJCAA or new NAIA programs. The only reason a college coach is at a high school game is to help recruit a player he or she found through club.

LMAO I know that was my attempt at sarcasm. I had said earlier that college coaches don't recruit highschool soccer and someone took offense

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

This week in Classic League - Predictions (Feb 2nd) - Page 2 Empty Re: This week in Classic League - Predictions (Feb 2nd)

Post by flamethrower 1/30/2013, 10:57 pm

sorry, My did catch on or read to fast. lol

flamethrower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/31/2013, 11:02 am

well for what its worth........ colorado,michigan st.,florida gulf coact,penn st.,eastern st.,kansas,west point,memphis st.,duke,and norte dame all do not look a HS games now some will but ONLY to see a certain club/select player this i know Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/31/2013, 12:22 pm

FWIW-the vast majority of parents paying high sums for club soccer while bb is in HS are not going to see a return on their $15-$20k investment as it relates to college scholarship money. The better investment would be to play for your local HS ($150 per year) and focus on scholastic scholarships.

Thumbing your nose at low cost HS sports while throwing major $$$ down a bottomless pit is not a good financial strategy for addressing the expense of college tuition. Talk to me in 4 years and we'll add it all up!

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 1/31/2013, 2:06 pm

go99 wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:thread is quiet because CL is no longer relevant at this age in NTX. North Texas HS now has the attention of the soccer community and for sure the college scouts(for players in this area). The best HS coaches far outperform the CL coaches in general and that has been recognized at the college level.

LMAO That is the funniest quote I have seen in a long time. Actually talk to 2 college coaches who said they don't go to any highschool games at all for scouting. Wrong age group and just plain wrong. This aint that kind of football

I cannot believe I am saying this, but Go is 100% correct, although I'm not quite sure how much he actually "talked to" those coaches. They were at a Senior Night for a local club and made the remarks to the entire crowd. One was from SMU, the other was some Division I program in Colorado and they both said exactly what Go said, "I don't go to high school games unless it's to see a player I have already recruited," or something to that effect. They spend their recruiting efforts on showcase tournaments and Academy where the talent pool is much deeper. Go may have talked to them after the event, I don't know, but the jist of what he relays is factual. I think my relationship with Go99 has just taken a huge step forward. Maybe we can be friends afterall. cheers
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 1/31/2013, 2:27 pm

Are predictions for which team will win, or which coach will win the brawl? bom
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/31/2013, 2:32 pm

finish1 wrote:FWIW-the vast majority of parents paying high sums for club soccer while bb is in HS are not going to see a return on their $15-$20k investment as it relates to college scholarship money. The better investment would be to play for your local HS ($150 per year) and focus on scholastic scholarships.

Thumbing your nose at low cost HS sports while throwing major $$$ down a bottomless pit is not a good financial strategy for addressing the expense of college tuition. Talk to me in 4 years and we'll add it all up!

sounds like your talking to Texans parents only?scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/31/2013, 2:45 pm

Nope. The logic applies across the board. More of a kick to GO for continuing has rant against HS soccer. If your bb hasn't made DA by U16, chances are he won't. Why spend the extra $10k between U16 and U18 when bb can play locally for a lot less, and with his friends and classmates?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/31/2013, 2:59 pm

finish1 wrote:Nope. The logic applies across the board. More of a kick to GO for continuing has rant against HS soccer. If your bb hasn't made DA by U16, chances are he won't. Why spend the extra $10k between U16 and U18 when bb can play locally for a lot less, and with his friends and classmates?
ok but hes not lying about what the college scouts were saying?bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 1/31/2013, 3:01 pm

finish1 wrote:Nope. The logic applies across the board. More of a kick to GO for continuing has rant against HS soccer. If your bb hasn't made DA by U16, chances are he won't. Why spend the extra $10k between U16 and U18 when bb can play locally for a lot less, and with his friends and classmates?
Some of us will spend alot more than you indicated because of travel distance (200 miles round trip for practice; 190 miles round trip for games), fast food expense because we can't eat at home on practce/game days. But no complaints here. Plus, at a private high school, the quality of the soccer is dubious. As long as he continues to enjoy club, I'll continue to pay for it because I love my kid, not because I think he's going to get a scholarship out of it. I know the odds are not favorable--too many bodies, not enough money to go around.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/31/2013, 3:40 pm

crazyET wrote:
go99 wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:thread is quiet because CL is no longer relevant at this age in NTX. North Texas HS now has the attention of the soccer community and for sure the college scouts(for players in this area). The best HS coaches far outperform the CL coaches in general and that has been recognized at the college level.

LMAO That is the funniest quote I have seen in a long time. Actually talk to 2 college coaches who said they don't go to any highschool games at all for scouting. Wrong age group and just plain wrong. This aint that kind of football

I cannot believe I am saying this, but Go is 100% correct, although I'm not quite sure how much he actually "talked to" those coaches. They were at a Senior Night for a local club and made the remarks to the entire crowd. One was from SMU, the other was some Division I program in Colorado and they both said exactly what Go said, "I don't go to high school games unless it's to see a player I have already recruited," or something to that effect. They spend their recruiting efforts on showcase tournaments and Academy where the talent pool is much deeper. Go may have talked to them after the event, I don't know, but the jist of what he relays is factual. I think my relationship with Go99 has just taken a huge step forward. Maybe we can be friends afterall. cheers

Hey if you have better barbecue than this garbage they have in Dallas then we can be great friends
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/31/2013, 3:44 pm

For the record I have no problem with high school soccer. I think it is a great fun activity that keeps kids involved with their school. I am also glad they kicked the academy kids out as it forced the team to use some more of the kids that are there. I just simply said it wasn't a path to college recruitment.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/31/2013, 4:01 pm

That's a blanket statement about HS soccer, GO and it's not true. I know of several HS soccer coaches with college connections that can get looks for their players. If your player is good enough, he will be noticed. My guess is that most of the graduating DA players who get accepted into a college soccer program are getting little financial assistance. Very, very few are getting full rides.

It comes across in your posts that you believe HS soccer players and their programs are inferior to the path you have chosen. My arguement is that is not always the case.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/31/2013, 4:04 pm

finish1 wrote:That's a blanket statement about HS soccer, GO and it's not true. I know of several HS soccer coaches with college connections that can get looks for their players. If your player is good enough, he will be noticed. My guess is that most of the graduating DA players who get accepted into a college soccer program are getting little financial assistance. Very, very few are getting full rides.

It comes across in your posts that you believe HS soccer players and their programs are inferior to the path you have chosen. My arguement is that is not always the case.
its your belief or opinion and its noted and understable we dont argue on here we discuss amongst ourselves:study:
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 1/31/2013, 4:19 pm

go99 wrote:
crazyET wrote:
go99 wrote:

Hey if you have better barbecue than this garbage they have in Dallas then we can be great friends
Three years running, Texas Monthly voted Stanley's right here in Tyler one of the best in Texas and you can never go wrong with the Country Tavern in Kilgore. I happen to think both are pretty special even though I'm not a native East Texan.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/31/2013, 5:06 pm

finish1 wrote:That's a blanket statement about HS soccer, GO and it's not true. I know of several HS soccer coaches with college connections that can get looks for their players. If your player is good enough, he will be noticed. My guess is that most of the graduating DA players who get accepted into a college soccer program are getting little financial assistance. Very, very few are getting full rides.

My BB is not old enough to make that choice. He is just in Jr high. I don't think you should play soccer if you want to get money for college. At best you can look for it to help you get admitted. If you are a better player than your peer you can always go visit and put yourself infront of whatever coach you want. No coach will refuse to see you. But my statement was a simple college coaches do not attend highschool games for recruiting purposes. As far as my belief on highschool soccer goes, my opinion of select soccer isn't very high so wouldn't expect much more from highschool. It is your skill, talent, hard work, that determine who you are as a player not the league you play in. However if I was a kid trying to play soccer in college (which is stupid in itself) I would improve my odds by playing at the highest level possible.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 2/1/2013, 10:18 am

go99 wrote:

My BB is not old enough to make that choice. He is just in Jr high. I don't think you should play soccer if you want to get money for college. At best you can look for it to help you get admitted. If you are a better player than your peer you can always go visit and put yourself infront of whatever coach you want. No coach will refuse to see you. But my statement was a simple college coaches do not attend highschool games for recruiting purposes. As far as my belief on highschool soccer goes, my opinion of select soccer isn't very high so wouldn't expect much more from highschool. It is your skill, talent, hard work, that determine who you are as a player not the league you play in. However if I was a kid trying to play soccer in college (which is stupid in itself) I would improve my odds by playing at the highest level possible.

Go is right. Coaches by and large just don't attend hs games. Just not enough ROI for their time and budget.

In La, there are no DA clubs. Therefore all the best players do play hs ball. There are a lot of intangible benefits to hs ball.

My son is a freshman. He plays varsity and is an impact player. I think there is developmental value for freshmen and sophomores. It depends on the school and the relative level of competition though. if the district they play in has a lot of club players, it's fine.

I don't necessarily agree with "if they haven't made DA by 16" analogy. There may be 'some' merit to that when it comes to players in the metroplex. But I wouldn't say it is true across the board.

Isn't the DA completely free for the players now? I know it is at FCD. (Even PA is there.)

But no, expecting a ROI on paying the club and travel expenses almost never pays off in athletic scholarship money.

Then again, how many extracurricular pursuits are cheap these days? Maybe hs throwball.

I guess at the end of the process you have to look at the intrinsic benefits. beats the hell out of them sitting around for 8 hrs at a stretch playing video games. Or worse.

The odds are always against 'making it' to elite levels...doesn't matter what the endeavor is.

But does that mean we should discourage our kids from pursuing it?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/1/2013, 11:51 am

I believe GO added the point about college coaches not attending HS soccer games. Ridiculous to believe otherwise. On the other side of the same coin, do out-of-state college coaches fly to NTX to attend random soccer games at Richland? The odds of either happening are about the same.

GO also stated that a kids's ambition to play soccer in college is 'stupid in itself.'

The point I am making is there's more than one way to get to where you're going.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/1/2013, 1:25 pm

finish is right. The coach isn't showing up to richland either. Showcase events so they can see a multitude of kids at one time. They all have limits to travel. You could always go to the universities camps and impress there. I say whatever path you chose you should be learning and becoming the best player possible. The more ahead of your peers you are the more opportunities and also the less it should matter where you play. No coach is going to see the next Messi walk into a camp or hell even show up on campus and tell him "I can't use you son you didn't play in AL".
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 2/1/2013, 3:40 pm

This reminds me of the barber shop scene in Coming to America.

My version....

"How come every time I start talkin bout soccer...some yuppie gotta pull classic league out they a$$..."

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/1/2013, 3:52 pm

This reminds me of the famous quote from NTX soccer: Same poop, different pile
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/2/2013, 9:11 pm

omega striker wrote:
Seinfeld4 wrote:Division I

Wizards vs. Solar Red
FCD Youth vs. Liverpool
Barcelona vs. Dallas Texans South
Dallas Texans Red vs. FCD Central
Dallas Texans vs. FCD Premier

Division II

American Eagles vs. FCD Central Blue
FCD Blue vs. FCD Gold
North Texas Strikers vs. United
Solar vs Ayses
Andromeda vs. Dallas Texans Red South

Division III

FCD Red Central vs. FCD Red
Manchester White vs. Tx Lightning Gold
Legacy vs. Azzuri
Tx Lightning Black vs. Deportivo Alacranes
Cobras vs. Liverpool

wow almost missed this thread sorry seinfeld

my picks in red and draws in blue Cool

sure is quiet in this thread bom

ok so i went 3 for 5 in D1

4 out of 5 in D2

and 3 out of 5 in D3

I picked more winners then losers so I feeling lucky!drunken
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/3/2013, 2:52 pm

Omega - you are on the good side of picks, so who taking in the SuperBowl??? I want to place my wager on the right side of the line!

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/3/2013, 5:07 pm

IlikeEPL wrote:Omega - you are on the good side of picks, so who taking in the SuperBowl??? I want to place my wager on the right side of the line!
not the cowboys!drunken
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2