Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled...

+10
Soccerballs
Blue Max
wayoutwest
THE NEEDLE
go99
afrankw
Ibystander
soccer geek
b0013
chriswhit
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Empty Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled...

Post by chriswhit 11/20/2009, 1:28 pm

Per the Tourney Director...
Fall Festival Has Been Cancelled
It is with absolute disappointment that we have had to make the decision to cancel the tournament for this weekend.

We have had about 2 to 3 inches of rain in the past 10 hours and the fields that had just dried out have been totally saturated. We have standing water of a couple of inches on every complex, and the forecast is calling for an 80% chance of more thunderstorms for today and tonight.

We have looked at a number of alternatives to keep from canceling the tournament, but we have been told that with the rain we have had and what is forecast for the remainder of today and tonight, there is no chance that the fields will be playable before Sunday or Monday at the earliest.
chriswhit
chriswhit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Empty Re: Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled...

Post by b0013 11/20/2009, 1:56 pm

chriswhit wrote:Per the Tourney Director...
Fall Festival Has Been Cancelled
It is with absolute disappointment that we have had to make the decision to cancel the tournament for this weekend.

We have had about 2 to 3 inches of rain in the past 10 hours and the fields that had just dried out have been totally saturated. We have standing water of a couple of inches on every complex, and the forecast is calling for an 80% chance of more thunderstorms for today and tonight.

We have looked at a number of alternatives to keep from canceling the tournament, but we have been told that with the rain we have had and what is forecast for the remainder of today and tonight, there is no chance that the fields will be playable before Sunday or Monday at the earliest.

We hope this decision has reached the out of town teams with enough time to cancel travel arrangements. We are notifying the hotels about the canceling all the hotel reservations. There is no need for you to contact the hotels, or the housing bureau, as the tournament will take care of this for you, and there will not be any cancellation charge, due to the inclement weather.
We will be partial refunds issued (more details to follow) to all teams during the next week.
Again, we are truly sorry that we have had to make this decision, as we were all looking forward to the competition this weekend.

Yours,

Ray Hirschowitz
Tournament Director
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Empty Re: Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled...

Post by soccer geek 11/20/2009, 4:28 pm

Pretty much a fitting end for this season - to have all the post-season tournaments rained out. Quite appropriate actually.
soccer geek
soccer geek
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/20/2009, 4:56 pm

Is the Turkey Shootout still on? I still have one tournament hope left! Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Icon_cool
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 11/20/2009, 5:40 pm

Ibystander wrote:Is the Turkey Shootout still on? I still have one tournament hope left! Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Icon_cool

Website says all games to be played as scheduled.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/20/2009, 5:56 pm

afrankw wrote:
Ibystander wrote:Is the Turkey Shootout still on? I still have one tournament hope left! Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Icon_cool

Website says all games to be played as scheduled.
Thanks. There's also the ODP tryouts for those born in the year 1998. Sunday, from 9-12 at Carpenter Park.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 6:08 pm

That's cool. unfortunately bb was born in 99 and ODP goes by birth year. That's stupid, they should keep them the same
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/20/2009, 6:25 pm

For those born in 1998, the registration deadline is tomorrow morning. You can register and pay online at www.ntxsoccer.org
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 11/20/2009, 11:41 pm

[quote="Ibystander"]For those born in 1998, the registration deadline is tomorrow morning. You can register and pay online at www.ntxsoccer.org[/quote]

Don't waste your time or money. ODP ain't as good as what it was in the past. Plus, it wasn't that great to begin with.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wayoutwest 11/20/2009, 11:46 pm

I just want to thank all involved with the Hurst United Classic ( Turkey Shoot ) including all the city grounds keepers and and city officials for trying there best to get the games played. I have no idea what the rest of the weekend will bring but it must have been fun for the kids to play in the rain/mud. Again thanks and good luck to all.
wayoutwest
wayoutwest
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wayoutwest 11/20/2009, 11:57 pm

Just found out Hurst tourny is cancelled. Thanks for trying to get it in.
wayoutwest
wayoutwest
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Empty Texans Tournament Refunds

Post by Blue Max 11/25/2009, 7:56 am

I was just informed that the Texans are planning on keeping 50% of the money we paid for their Tournament that got rained out, this is not right we played no games and the Texans had no expences, so why do they get to keep 50% of the money. We should recieve a full refund or reschedule the tounament. My solution to this problem if the Texans don't refund the tournament fees, is to boycott any future Texan Tournament until they change their refund policy. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Blue Max
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerballs 11/25/2009, 8:12 am

All Tournaments were canceled that weekend, What are they doing? if the same nothing to complain about. I know FCD refunded 100% of tournament money when they postponed there tournament.

Soccerballs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 11/25/2009, 8:48 am

Blue Max wrote:I was just informed that the Texans are planning on keeping 50% of the money we paid for their Tournament that got rained out, this is not right we played no games and the Texans had no expences, so why do they get to keep 50% of the money. We should recieve a full refund or reschedule the tounament. My solution to this problem if the Texans don't refund the tournament fees, is to boycott any future Texan Tournament until they change their refund policy. Let me know what everyone thinks.

I just wanted to shed a bit of light on this... although I am not connected to this tournament or the Texans in any way, I do run another tournament. Even though the tournament did not play, the organizers will have expenses they would need to cover. Typical ones are the t-shirts, trophies, Got Soccer "up front" fees, and referee assignors for the tourney. of those expenses the trophies could be kept and "recycled" for the next tournament ( just buy new faceplates), but all other expenses would need to be covered... Even though games never played, the assignors still spent countless hours contacting refs and staffing the scheduled games for the weekend... they certainly deserve to be paid for their work..

Now having said that..... keeping 50% of the fee seems very high to me... but that's kind of the way it goes....This is not anything that would keep our team from playing this tourney next year... We have boycotted others for different things, but not partial refunds
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Max 11/25/2009, 9:15 am

I just wanted to shed a bit of light on this... although I am not connected to this tournament or the Texans in any way, I do run another tournament. Even though the tournament did not play, the organizers will have expenses they would need to cover. Typical ones are the t-shirts, trophies, Got Soccer "up front" fees, and referee assignors for the tourney. of those expenses the trophies could be kept and "recycled" for the next tournament ( just buy new faceplates), but all other expenses would need to be covered... Even though games never played, the assignors still spent countless hours contacting refs and staffing the scheduled games for the weekend... they certainly deserve to be paid for their work..

Now having said that..... keeping 50% of the fee seems very high to me... but that's kind of the way it goes....This is not anything that would keep our team from playing this tourney next year... We have boycotted others for different things, but not partial refunds.

Slakemoth, I understand where you are coming from, so the answer would be to reschedule the tournament and if you don't want to play or you have conflict then give partial refunds. But those expences you talked about are very small and most are done with volenteers. I have a great idea for you and your team, I will have a Fall No Game Festival where you enter and you get no game and the cost is only $250.00 can I count on your support. Again this is not right.

Blue Max
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 11/25/2009, 9:45 am

Blue Max... I would love to enter your tournament... I'll give you $300 if you give me a trophy too..!!

Look, I understand your frustration, and I agree that keeping $200 per team is very high... No doubt they are making themselves a little profit... ( and I'd be curious to know if the Texans teams are getting the same deal) ( stir that pot)
When in this situation, no solution seems to be acceptable for all ( except of course the 100% refund)...

I was just trying to shed light on true "fixed expenses" that are associated with a tournament whether it goes off or not, but I'm not defending the Texans final refund... ( and for the record we were entered in this as well, and are losing money.)
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/25/2009, 9:57 am

When you sign up for almost any tournament, that is on the contract. You know up front what you're getting into. May seem unfair...but it's stipulated up front.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/25/2009, 10:02 am

happyfeet wrote:When you sign up for almost any tournament, that is on the contract. You know up front what you're getting into. May seem unfair...but it's stipulated up front.
in itsy, bitsy writing, next to the itsy bitsy astericks.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/25/2009, 10:15 am

happyfeet wrote:When you sign up for almost any tournament, that is on the contract. You know up front what you're getting into. May seem unfair...but it's stipulated up front.
So is Happyfeet a Tony Romo reference?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/25/2009, 10:41 am

I'm a Chargers fan...which brings its own trials and tribulations.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/25/2009, 10:54 am

LOL Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Icon_lol yes it does
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/25/2009, 12:15 pm

Blue Max wrote:I just wanted to shed a bit of light on this... although I am not connected to this tournament or the Texans in any way, I do run another tournament. Even though the tournament did not play, the organizers will have expenses they would need to cover. Typical ones are the t-shirts, trophies, Got Soccer "up front" fees, and referee assignors for the tourney. of those expenses the trophies could be kept and "recycled" for the next tournament ( just buy new faceplates), but all other expenses would need to be covered... Even though games never played, the assignors still spent countless hours contacting refs and staffing the scheduled games for the weekend... they certainly deserve to be paid for their work..

Now having said that..... keeping 50% of the fee seems very high to me... but that's kind of the way it goes....This is not anything that would keep our team from playing this tourney next year... We have boycotted others for different things, but not partial refunds.

Slakemoth, I understand where you are coming from, so the answer would be to reschedule the tournament and if you don't want to play or you have conflict then give partial refunds. But those expences you talked about are very small and most are done with volenteers. I have a great idea for you and your team, I will have a Fall No Game Festival where you enter and you get no game and the cost is only $250.00 can I count on your support. Again this is not right.
Blue Max,
Would it be possible that the Tournament Director has an option to buy weather insurance, just in case this happens? please advise.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrmom72 11/25/2009, 2:47 pm

bluemax~
that is standard on all tournaments to keep 50% if its canceled. have helped run many tourneys in the past and it has always been that way. there are lots non refundable costs for the clubs. t-shirts, trophies, deposits on concession equipment, some concession food can not be returned, field or city fees (in some cases), etc.
it doesnt seem fair, but teams know the rules before registering.

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer geek 11/25/2009, 11:41 pm

I'm always in for participating in a good-natured Texans dogpile Dallas Texan Fall Festival has been cancelled... Icon_biggrin , however in this case they are not in the wrong. If you enter 5 tournaments per year you will find on the average at least one per year is rained out. Almost all will keep 50% of your entry fee. Never seen one return more than that (or less), although there are probably exceptions this is the norm. Read the fine print.
soccer geek
soccer geek
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 12/3/2009, 1:43 pm

Hurst tournament keeping ALL of the money... offering 50% discount off registration for next years tourney.... ummm yeah.. Their rules said a 50% refund would be given if the tournament rained out before first game.... Guess the Friday night games that played negated that.

Attention all Hurst United Classic XVI teams.
We apologize for having to cancel the tournament before its completion but there will be no monetary refund. With this being said, we are offering all teams 50% off of next year's tournament entry fee. This discount can be used by the current team or transferred to another team with proper documentation.
For the teams that traveled and stayed in hotels on Friday please contact me to discuss additional credits to help cover those expenses.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next