Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Missing Funds Even In a Little Club Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Missing Funds Even In a Little Club

+6
nearpost95
my2cents
wembleys
murito
FB Chivas
go99
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Missing Funds Even In a Little Club Empty Missing Funds Even In a Little Club

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 1:28 pm

We hear from time to time embezzlement of funds stories involving big clubs. It's a shame really because folks who commit these crimes are stealing from kids essentially. It's a sad state of affairs when coaches or club officials need the money so bad. This kind of act is not exclusive to big clubs. This actually happens in a very popular small club as we speak.

One thing that these folks have in common besides stealing of course is the fact that they accuse other people of doing what they are guilty of doing themselves. Its a self defense mechanism. When a team manager (volunteer) starts smelling a rat, the perpetraitor starts covering their tracks and accusing the volunteer of stealing. This is all done without proof mind you. Sometimes these criminals try to slander someone when that someone decides to leave because of the way things are going and sometimes they do it when that someone is still there. Like I said its a classic case of shine the light on someone so the focus is not on you.

This happened to someone here within the last week. Really sad as this person did so much for the club and the kids. To have someone accuse them of a crime with no proof. All because this person discovered how crooked this group of coaches really are. A club that runs like that will never survive.

Back to top Go down

Missing Funds Even In a Little Club Empty Re: Missing Funds Even In a Little Club

Post by go99 2/27/2013, 1:47 pm

oh do tell. What club?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Missing Funds Even In a Little Club Empty Re: Missing Funds Even In a Little Club

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 1:50 pm

go99 wrote:oh do tell. What club?

Reluctant to say because I'm not like them. But I really want to say but I stop short cuz of the kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by FB Chivas 2/27/2013, 2:07 pm

Riquelme wrote:

Reluctant to say because I'm not like them. But I really want to say but I stop short cuz of the kids.

So the coaches are stealing?
FB Chivas
FB Chivas
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 2:10 pm

FB Chivas wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Yes FB. Well I know of two for sure. One I think is caught in the middle. Sad state man. I gues I posted this out of frustration and to vent. I hate good people getting accused of BS. Pay no mind to me...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/27/2013, 2:14 pm

money corrupt. Thats why the smart coaches seperate themselves from the money as much as possible.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 2:21 pm

go99 wrote:money corrupt. Thats why the smart coaches seperate themselves from the money as much as possible.

Yes sir. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 2/27/2013, 3:23 pm

Riquelme wrote:
FB Chivas wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Yes FB. Well I know of two for sure. One I think is caught in the middle. Sad state man. I gues I posted this out of frustration and to vent. I hate good people getting accused of BS. Pay no mind to me...

It’s under most (big or small) Clubs rules to separate the Coach from the money handling, since they are paid from these funds.

When you assume a responsibility, even if is voluntary, you are responsible for what happens with the funds under your care. If you handle the funds in a unclear manner or do not maintain a good record, you are still responsible and I do not see how can you blame someone else. If you are asked for cash money by the coach, club, any club official you should request a signed approval and receipt form. Just because you are doing a job out of your good heart, does not mean that you can do a lousy job with someone else’s money.

Put yourself on the other side of the equation and you won’t like at all what you will see; a corrupt or abusive team manager with an innocent face is not someone you want handling your bb’s money...

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 3:30 pm

murito wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
FB Chivas wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

It’s under most (big or small) Clubs rules to separate the Coach from the money handling, since they are paid from these funds.

When you assume a responsibility, even if is voluntary, you are responsible for what happens with the funds under your care. If you handle the funds in a unclear manner or do not maintain a good record, you are still responsible and I do not see how can you blame someone else. If you are asked for cash money by the coach, club, any club official you should request a signed approval and receipt form. Just because you are doing a job out of your good heart, does not mean that you can do a lousy job with someone else’s money.

Put yourself on the other side of the equation and you won’t like at all what you will see; a corrupt or abusive team manager with an innocent face is not someone you want handling your bb’s money...

Well in this case the coach was telling parents to pay him and not the manager. Big clubs run like you say they do but not this one. Furthermore the manager in question had all records kept correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 2/27/2013, 3:36 pm

Come on, we are adults!!

if you are in charge of the team fund (or any other type of funds) is because you consider yourself educated enough to do that job, and therefore you accepted the responsibility. NOW it’s your responsibility and you are accountable for whatever happens to that money, at the end you will have to provide a clear financial statement to all the stakeholders. If you do not have the education or are not responsible enough ... do not volunteer!!!
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 3:39 pm

wembleys wrote:Come on, we are adults!!

if you are in charge of the team fund (or any other type of funds) is because you consider yourself educated enough to do that job, and therefore you accepted the responsibility. NOW it’s your responsibility and you are accountable for whatever happens to that money, at the end you will have to provide a clear financial statement to all the stakeholders. If you do not have the education or are not responsible enough ... do not volunteer!!!

Do you purposely not read or what. The coach going behind the managers back and telling parents to pay him makes it difficult to track. You are assuming everything is working fine and if that was the case then you have a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 2/27/2013, 3:40 pm

[quote="Riquelme"][quote="murito"][quote="Riquelme"][quote="FB Chivas"][quote="Riquelme"][quote="go99"]oh do tell. What club?[/quote]

Reluctant to say because I'm not like them. But I really want to say but I stop short cuz of the kids.[/quote]

So the coaches are stealing?[/quote]

Yes FB. Well I know of two for sure. One I think is caught in the middle. Sad state man. I gues I posted this out of frustration and to vent. I hate good people getting accused of BS. Pay no mind to me...[/quote]

[/quote]

Well in this case the coach was telling parents to pay him and not the manager. Big clubs run like you say they do but not this one. Furthermore the manager in question had all records kept correctly.[/quote]

Then your friend has NOTHING to worry about cheers Unless Suspect ...just kidding!!

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FB Chivas 2/27/2013, 3:41 pm

Riquelme wrote:
wembleys wrote:Come on, we are adults!!

Do you purposely not read or what. The coach going behind the managers back and telling parents to pay him makes it difficult to track. You are assuming everything is working fine and if that was the case then you have a point.

Seems like things are happening at that club that are pretty shady. No one trusts anyone it seems.
FB Chivas
FB Chivas
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 2/27/2013, 3:58 pm

Sorry Riquelme but your story sounds way to fishy and I would not be surprised to see that you and FB Chivas are targeting a club or coach for another reasons. All stories have two sides and I do not see how could you validate the other side of this story.

Your friend is ONLY responsible for the money he received, if there is no way to prove he abused the money he did not receive, than there is no problem !!

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 4:02 pm

murito wrote:Sorry Riquelme but your story sounds way to fishy and I would not be surprised to see that you and FB Chivas are targeting a club or coach for another reasons. All stories have two sides and I do not see how could you validate the other side of this story.

Your friend is ONLY responsible for the money he received, if there is no way to prove he abused the money he did not receive, than there is no problem !!

Youre right. The manager has nothing to worry about. The issue is that the coach cannot accuse folks of stuff without proof right. Its all very bad though when trust breaks down between folks working together. What I do know is that coach talks out of his a#!

If there is proof then show it. If not then shut up. Would you agree with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 2/27/2013, 4:25 pm

If that were me, or a friend of mine, and the coach accused me of stealing money and I have the books to prove it was him, then this is not where I would be.
I would tell him he has two choices;
1. At a team meeting apologize and come clean on where the money went.
2. I go to NTSSA and press charges of violating Article 1- Responsibilities to Players, Section 8
8. A coach's dealings with players and parents must be upfront, honest, and forthright. Coaches must always be honest and refrain from misrepresentations to players and parents.
Having a formal A&D would then allow those records to be submitted as written evidence thus publicly outting him.
Any less of a reaction to accusations of theft is, to me, a red flag in itself.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/27/2013, 4:47 pm

my2cents wrote: If that were me, or a friend of mine, and the coach accused me of stealing money and I have the books to prove it was him, then this is not where I would be.
I would tell him he has two choices;
1. At a team meeting apologize and come clean on where the money went.
2. I go to NTSSA and press charges of violating Article 1- Responsibilities to Players, Section 8
8. A coach's dealings with players and parents must be upfront, honest, and forthright. Coaches must always be honest and refrain from misrepresentations to players and parents.
Having a formal A&D would then allow those records to be submitted as written evidence thus publicly outting him.
Any less of a reaction to accusations of theft is, to me, a red flag in itself.

Well said $0.02

I will advise my friend. Great advice. Riquelme out.....for now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 2/27/2013, 5:33 pm

Bring the issue to the District Attorney's office. They will investigate and prosecute theft of funds from youth organizations.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 2/27/2013, 6:26 pm

nearpost95 wrote:Bring the issue to the District Attorney's office. They will investigate and prosecute theft of funds from youth organizations.

I like this one! Both sides can argue their case there!!

predictions?
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/28/2013, 7:48 pm

Sounds like a bad situation either way as the kids will lose
Out in the end. No wonder it is so difficult to get volunteers
To be manager, organize tournaments, etc!

Back to top Go down

Post by turf-a-lot 2/28/2013, 11:31 pm

Sounds like rumor I hearing about Barcelona Dallas
turf-a-lot
turf-a-lot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/1/2013, 7:01 am

turf-a-lot wrote:Sounds like rumor I hearing about Barcelona Dallas

You would be wrong. Barcelona coach does not get paid. He does it for the kids unlike the coaches at mentioned club.

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/1/2013, 9:24 am

Sounds like a serious issue. Parents beware. Wizards?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/1/2013, 9:34 am

finish1 wrote:Sounds like a serious issue. Parents beware. Wizards?

It is a serious issue. The problem started last season and continues to this day. Sad affair man, sad affair. Believe me the only reason no one has taken it higher is because of the kids, period. The guilty individuals then accuse others to cover their tracks, and that is the issue I have with this. They are willing to ruin a person's reputation withoput any regard for the truth, or proof......but like Momma always said, your reap what you sow.

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 3/1/2013, 9:34 am

Riquelme wrote:
turf-a-lot wrote:Sounds like rumor I hearing about Barcelona Dallas

You would be wrong. Barcelona coach does not get paid. He does it for the kids unlike the coaches at mentioned club.

Parents from Chivas US are always complaining about these issues and the lack of clarity regarding the multiple ‘forced’ fund raising activities mandated by the club. My question to them is always the same, why don’t you move? Parents should be more active on this matter and take their business somewhere else...they are the customer.
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next