Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Academy Note - Tab Ramos Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Academy Note - Tab Ramos

4 posters

Go down

Academy Note - Tab Ramos Empty Academy Note - Tab Ramos

Post by Redbulls01 4/10/2013, 9:08 am

From a recent Soccer America article...

SA: What impact has the U.S. Soccer Development Academy had on the U-20 national team program?

TAB RAMOS: It plays a big role. We had players from the [2011] Development Academy champions Pateadores and the runner-up FC Dallas. … I think it’s playing a vital role for the development of these players. [Before the Academy] after U-17 residency these guys would go back to playing club ball where you’re playing four or five games in a weekend and training once or twice a week. Now it’s different. Now it’s more professional.

[Editor’s Note: Of the 20 players on the qualifying tournament roster, 17 have ties to Academy clubs.]

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Academy Note - Tab Ramos Empty Re: Academy Note - Tab Ramos

Post by Laimport 4/11/2013, 10:43 am

In theory, the DA is a step in the right direction. (More training, fewer games, etc.)

I say "in theory" because there is still too much emphasis on team results and playing overly direct.

The reason so many DA players are being called into the ynt's is a simple one.

First, the DA is USSF's 'baby'. Second, that's where the scouts are looking.

After watching the u17's play Haiti...I was left scratching my head with the overall lack of technique and the team's style. Sure a couple of players admittedly stood out.

But are these really our best 96-born players?

They might be the best 'athletes' that are available from the scouted player pool that is DA.

If everyone agrees that daily training is better, then why aren't the clubs outside of the DA adopting this practice? What is keeping the clubs from adopting these 'best practices'?

Probably money. A club coach can make more money (at least on an hourly basis) with 4 teams training twice a week.

And when you get down to it, financial considerations are the driving force at 99% of the clubs in this country.

The DA claims to be in the business of developing players. But what are they developing them for? (Mostly) kick and run college soccer?

Seems the lucky few that finish their development overseas are the ones that benefit the most.

Just aren't nearly enough getting the opportunity.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/11/2013, 12:49 pm

Laimport wrote:In theory, the DA is a step in the right direction. (More training, fewer games, etc.)

I say "in theory" because there is still too much emphasis on team results and playing overly direct.

After watching the u17's play Haiti...I was left scratching my head with the overall lack of technique and the team's style. Sure a couple of players admittedly stood out.

They might be the best 'athletes' that are available from the scouted player pool that is DA.

If everyone agrees that daily training is better, then why aren't the clubs outside of the DA adopting this practice? What is keeping the clubs from adopting these 'best practices'?

Probably money. A club coach can make more money (at least on an hourly basis) with 4 teams training twice a week.

And when you get down to it, financial considerations are the driving force at 99% of the clubs in this country.

The DA claims to be in the business of developing players. But what are they developing them for? (Mostly) kick and run college soccer?

Seems the lucky few that finish their development overseas are the ones that benefit the most.

Thgere are 80 DA teams so that is a pool of over 2000 players vieing for 20 NT slots. Of course they have to develop for college or most would not bother when 99% will not ever see the national team.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/11/2013, 2:15 pm

my2cents wrote:
Laimport wrote:In theory, the DA is a step in the right direction. (More training, fewer games, etc.)

Thgere are 80 DA teams so that is a pool of over 2000 players vieing for 20 NT slots. Of course they have to develop for college or most would not bother when 99% will not ever see the national team.

Don't you think you are oversimplifying this a bit?

I don't disagree with the numbers.

But, the reality is that first, it's a global game. While there may be 'limited' spots on the national team and even in our domestic pro leagues, players should still be trained to the highest standard.

Second, we can and should be doing better.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 4/11/2013, 2:55 pm

So where does ODP fit in? I've heard as much bad as good concerning the program. And if what you say about DA being the preferred program, are any players chosen out of ODP anymore?
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/11/2013, 3:22 pm

hunden97 wrote:So where does ODP fit in? I've heard as much bad as good concerning the program. And if what you say about DA being the preferred program, are any players chosen out of ODP anymore?

Very, very few. At the youngest ages, the percentage is a little higher due to the DA age groups not having an impact at 13/14.

ODP, good or bad, sure as hell ain't the main path to the youth national teams anymore.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 4/11/2013, 8:47 pm

Out of curiosity, where does the ID2 program fit in with DA and ODP?
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down