Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

German teams in the Champions League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

German teams in the Champions League

+9
Number13
urahater
Real Barcelona
Laimport
R1
go99
The German
PG-Boy
arsenalfan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

German teams in the Champions League Empty German teams in the Champions League

Post by arsenalfan 4/24/2013, 5:40 pm

WOW!!!

Is there anything more to say about the beating they gave the Spanish teams?

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

German teams in the Champions League Empty Re: German teams in the Champions League

Post by PG-Boy 4/24/2013, 5:46 pm

There is some excellent geeky tactical reading here...

http://www.zonalmarking.net/

Quote:
Bayern Munich didn’t try to outpass Barcelona, and instead ruthlessly exposed their traditional weaknesses.

Football tactics, formations, diagrams, chalkboards and graphs
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

German teams in the Champions League Empty Re: German teams in the Champions League

Post by Guest 4/24/2013, 8:14 pm

Gesamte Zerstörung

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/24/2013, 9:03 pm

arsenalfan wrote:WOW!!!

Is there anything more to say about the beating they gave the Spanish teams?
Nope.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/24/2013, 9:18 pm

forget the Tactics the "golden age" was started back as far as 01 with the changes in league structure and youth development. The US should take a peek and do something revolutionary "learn from others"

http://www.t0peducationsearch.com/articles/1589510-gotze-reus-are-just-the-start-how-german-football-produces-talent-without-end

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/world-cup-2010/writers/raphael_honigstein/07/01/germany.reinvention/index.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/04/germany-youth-development-england

BTW BB called the game 3-0 Dortmund days before the game. Gonna have to take him to vegas
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/24/2013, 11:28 pm

The games Barcelona seems to have trouble against are against teams that have precision long crossing ability, or long passes up to strong wings. With Bayern, Robben on one wing, and Ribery on the other - they just picked their moments - passed to where Barcelona was weak (backside defending - or wings when Barca's FBs were pushed up into the attack - making for easy counter attacks), and then also beat them on corners. I was pretty impressed with how accurate and fast Bayern could make the long pass. Very aggressive, and very direct in their style of play - but most importantly, very precise in execution.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/25/2013, 9:02 am

go99 wrote:forget the Tactics the "golden age" was started back as far as 01 with the changes in league structure and youth development. The US should take a peek and do something revolutionary "learn from others"

http://www.t0peducationsearch.com/articles/1589510-gotze-reus-are-just-the-start-how-german-football-produces-talent-without-end

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/world-cup-2010/writers/raphael_honigstein/07/01/germany.reinvention/index.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/04/germany-youth-development-england

BTW BB called the game 3-0 Dortmund days before the game. Gonna have to take him to vegas
It's not that easy to copy and change. The basic concept of soccer is different starting with the federation, the clubs, the set-up of the leagues, the scouting, the size of the country so on and on. We have to make changes here if we want to be successful, however it must be a model that suits the US because you can not take the German, Spanish or Italien concept and implemet it here. It needs to be US specific.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/25/2013, 9:07 am

but you can use the lessons learned as a road map. But instead we head down paths that have already been proven to fail. As an example I just saw the list of kids called into a national team u14 camp. Where did they come from, how did they get selected, who knows about the process, why are they narrowing the pool so small at 14?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/25/2013, 9:44 am

The German wrote:
go99 wrote:forget the Tactics the "golden age" was started back as far as 01 with the changes in league structure and youth development. The US should take a peek and do something revolutionary "learn from others"

It's not that easy to copy and change. The basic concept of soccer is different starting with the federation, the clubs, the set-up of the leagues, the scouting, the size of the country so on and on. We have to make changes here if we want to be successful, however it must be a model that suits the US because you can not take the German, Spanish or Italien concept and implemet it here. It needs to be US specific.

Great point. Although I think if we were going to emulate another country...Germany is the logical choice. Germany's sporting culture is closer to our own...at least partly.

Germans are highly organized, disciplined both technically and tactically, and are very athletic. And physically aggressive.

That to me is more in line with the typical American sports psyche.

I find it ironic that the USSF 'mandates' certain developmental philosophies, and yet they don't enforce their own rules.

Results are secondary...yet they keep allowing more and more competitive venues and otherwise enable the clubs to overemphasize competition/results over development.

And frankly, I don't see why the majority of clubs can't adopt these 'best practices'. More training. Fewer meaningless games. Limited substitutions, etc. etc.

Of course with the clubs it is still all about the money.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 4/25/2013, 9:45 am

Both games were dominated by the quick fast and very strong midfielders that the germans had on the field. They completed dominated the smaller weaker spaniards.

So maybe BSF is better as long as they are skilled players.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/25/2013, 9:50 am

well the us seems to forget that skilled part
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/25/2013, 10:03 am

go99 wrote:well the us seems to forget that skilled part

Exactly. I mean, spending an hour a day banging a ball off a wall and developing control/first touch just isn't as sexy as playing video games while munching on a combo meal.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/25/2013, 10:12 am

why bother doing it when the coach is asking you to run the ball down and smash you way to the goal
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/25/2013, 10:25 am

Forgot to mention body check. Very affective is you are BFS.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 4/25/2013, 10:34 am

Real Barcelona wrote:Forgot to mention body check. Very affective is you are BFS.

?

And hand balls

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/25/2013, 11:11 am

arsenalfan wrote:
Real Barcelona wrote:Forgot to mention body check. Very affective is you are BFS.

?

And hand balls

You do not need to be BFS to put your hand on the ball. Smile

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater 4/25/2013, 11:27 am

Teams should have a limit to foreign players.
Half of Bayer and Real players are not German nor Spaniars.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/25/2013, 11:49 am

urahater wrote:Teams should have a limit to foreign players.

I would elect to remove any sort of merit-based selection. They should all have 18% Chinese and 11% Indians required.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/25/2013, 12:17 pm

Actually they do its just a bit tricky with the European Union laws.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/25/2013, 5:54 pm

There must be some mistake. I'm pretty sure that I learned from the experts on this forum that direct long ball play cannot succeed. It is well established that only possession wins championships.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/25/2013, 5:56 pm

Why would you expect a club team to have players only from the country where the club is headquartered? This isn't the World Cup.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/25/2013, 5:58 pm

I never thought I would see the day when "Big, Strong and Fast" would be offered as a sort of insult in the world of athletics!

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 4/25/2013, 10:26 pm

cheers
Freeatlast wrote:I never thought I would see the day when "Big, Strong and Fast" would be offered as a sort of insult in the world of athletics!
cheers

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/25/2013, 10:38 pm

ok so lets start a german style soccer bandwagon cheers

Last edited by omega striker on 4/26/2013, 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/25/2013, 11:18 pm

omega striker wrote:ok so lets start a german style soccer bandwagon:cheers:
At least they have decent beer.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next