Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U14 Academy and Highschool soccer. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U14 Academy and Highschool soccer.

+2
Axxman
go99
6 posters

Go down

U14 Academy and Highschool soccer. Empty U14 Academy and Highschool soccer.

Post by go99 6/27/2013, 8:36 am

Been hearing alot of chatter and things being told to players and parents about the U14 Academy League allowing it's players to play highschool soccer.  This is NOT true.  ALL acdemy players will not be allowed to play highschool and this includes the U14.  This is all over the website and also in the u14 webinar presentation.  Just to be sure I was able to get hold of Melissa Biniewicz the Development Academy Program Manager and her direct quote was "All Academy players will need to make a choice as to play Academy or high school this season" I think its a fair choice but it should also be an informed one. To anyone who has been misled I would start to question what else I had been misled on
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

U14 Academy and Highschool soccer. Empty U14 Academy and Highschool soccer

Post by Axxman 6/27/2013, 9:37 am

GO, we were originally told that for the DA, including U14, you could not play highschool sports, period. This caused some turmoil amongs some of the multi-sport players. Subsequently we have been told that the DA changed their minds and for U14 only, players could play "other" highschool sports but NOT soccer, as long as there were no conflicts with soccer which is to be the priority.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

U14 Academy and Highschool soccer. Empty Re: U14 Academy and Highschool soccer.

Post by go99 6/27/2013, 9:42 am

ah yes she did not specify other sports as I did not ask. I do wonder how that would work with a 10 month season and the Academy soccer being the priority. I think I will double check with her on this just to be sure though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmaduke 6/27/2013, 10:24 am

Axxman wrote:GO, we were originally told that for the DA, including U14, you could not play highschool sports, period.  This caused some turmoil amongs some of the multi-sport players.  Subsequently we have been told that the DA changed their minds and for U14 only, players could play "other" highschool sports but NOT soccer, as long as there were no conflicts with soccer which is to be the priority.

This is what we heard as well.

Marmaduke
Marmaduke
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! 6/27/2013, 11:58 am

Marmaduke wrote:
Axxman wrote:GO, we were originally told that for the DA, including U14, you could not play highschool sports, period.  This caused some turmoil amongs some of the multi-sport players.  Subsequently we have been told that the DA changed their minds and for U14 only, players could play "other" highschool sports but NOT soccer, as long as there were no conflicts with soccer which is to be the priority.

This is what we heard as well.

i also understand that there will be a distinction between full time players and developmental players at the u14 level.

full time players will not be able to play high school soccer but can play other high school sports. as i understand it developmental players will be able to play classic and high school soccer along with other sports but they cannot play more than 10 da league games or they lose their dp status and become ft players and then have to give up classic and high school soccer.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/27/2013, 1:02 pm

I thought that DP status was 5 games not 10. And the DP status applies to the older academy teams as well
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! 6/27/2013, 3:28 pm

go99 wrote:I thought that DP status was 5 games not 10.  And the DP status applies to the older academy teams as well

i think that's another one of the main differences between the u14 and the u16/u18 da teams. remember this whole u14 thing has several differences from u16/u18.

for instance there wont be as much travel as u16/u18, more clubs were given teams, and the cost structure is different except for fcd which continues to be totally free. giving dp's 10 games and being more flexible with the outside soccer at u14 may keep more kids on the fringe until u16 rolls around. taking a hard stance like u16/u18 may cause them to lose some talent early on.

if it affected my bb i would call to verify. 5 vs 10 games is a pretty significant different when there's only about 28 games in the season.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/27/2013, 3:30 pm

yes I would also verify that information before I signed. I didn't see that distiction anywhere on the website or any of the materials.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! 6/27/2013, 3:40 pm

go99 wrote:yes I would also verify that information before I signed.  I didn't see that distiction anywhere on the website or any of the materials.

you're correct, it wasn't on the webinar, faq's or anywhere on the website. it's just what i heard second hand, so it could be incorrect information. i would highly recommend anyone going into this to confirm with ussf. if what i heard is right it may be a good option for someone not wanting to fully commit yet.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 6/27/2013, 5:47 pm

Seems so stupid, telling kids how much soccer they can play.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/27/2013, 5:54 pm

they aren't telling you how much anything you can play. Academy League is not and was never meant for every kid. You do not have to play in the academy league and the reality is most should not.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 7/1/2013, 12:15 pm

Freeatlast wrote:Seems so stupid, telling kids how much soccer they can play.  
It's not about how much soccer they play. It's about playing at a higher level and being dedicated to that higher level.
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down