Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11-CLASSIC LEAGUE. 1st weekend Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11-CLASSIC LEAGUE. 1st weekend

+4
newton heath FC
PremierLeagueFan
Number13
urahater
8 posters

Go down

U11-CLASSIC LEAGUE. 1st weekend Empty U11-CLASSIC LEAGUE. 1st weekend

Post by urahater 8/29/2013, 8:13 am

So..... tell me how was your BB 1st game this past weekend?

Team   MP     W      D      L      GF     GA     Pts    

1: FC DALLAS YOUTH 03B PREMIER (PINO)    1  1  0  0  11  0  3  
 2: DALLAS TEXANS SC 03B DALLAS (THORNBER)    1  1  0  0  7  0  3  
 3: ODYSSEY 03B (GALLAGHER)    1  1  0  0  6  1  3  
 4: SOLAR CHELSEA 03B RED (BATES)    1  1  0  0  5  1  3  
 4: SOLAR CHELSEA SC 03B (CASTRO)    1  1  0  0  5  1  3  
 6: DALLAS TEXANS SC 03B SOUTH (ADAMES)    1  1  0  0  5  2  3  
 7: MEXICO FC 03B (RODRIGUEZ)    1  1  0  0  3  0  3  
 8: TEXAS LIGHTNING SC 03B BLACK (SAMPAIO)    1  1  0  0  2  0  3  
 9: LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03B ELITE (ROBERTSON)    1  0  1  0  1  1  1  
 9: LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03B HUNT (SCHELL)    1  0  1  0  1  1  1  
 9: LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03B RUSH (TREVINO)    1  0  1  0  1  1  1  
 9: LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03B TOSHACK (WRIGHT)    1  0  1  0  1  1  1  
 13: LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03B BARNES (WOODBERRY)    1  0  0  1  0  2  0  
 14: AYSES 03B GOLD (OLALI)    1  0  0  1  2  5  0  
 15: SPORTING UNITED 03B (CASIAMANO)    1  0  0  1  0  3  0  
 16: FC DALLAS YOUTH 03B SOUTH RED (AYVAR-MENDIOLA)    1  0  0  1  1  5  0  
 16: SOLAR CHELSEA SC 03B GOLD (JOY)    1  0  0  1  1  5  0  
 18: JUVENTUS 03B (FRIEDRICHS)    1  0  0  1  1  6  0  
 19: CRUZ AZUL F.C 03B (GARCIA)    1  0  0  1  0  7  0  
 20: FC DALLAS YOUTH 03B DALLAS (FIGUEROA)    1  0  0  1  0  11  0

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

U11-CLASSIC LEAGUE. 1st weekend Empty Re: U11-CLASSIC LEAGUE. 1st weekend

Post by Number13 8/29/2013, 9:27 am

urahater wrote:

civil and low key
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater 8/29/2013, 9:42 am

Number13 wrote:
urahater wrote:

civil and low key

What do you think about the scores in some of these games. some high and others low.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/29/2013, 12:03 pm

I think some of the SDL teams have either added new players or should have played in the TBPL last year. The D1 competition is going to be tough and there are at least 15 teams that look like they can challenge for the top ten spots. That being said, only one game played so it's too early to tell who is going through and its a SWAG at this point anyway. Oddly enough some of the teams that lost in the first week are very strong and will be dishing it out when they play their next game.

In some of the games, the score doesn't tell the story and I heard that Cruz Azul and Ayses Gold came out strong and gave those Texans teams a first half challenge that they weren't expecting.

As for Liverpool, they are sorting things out and we will have to wait for the dust to settle to figure out who is tops.

Solar Bates put on a show and I won't be surprised to see them bring it to the top 5 although I don't predict a Solar Chelsea upset in the foreseeable future.

FC Dallas Premier cruised, so did Odyssey and Solar Chelsea.

Mexico FC and Lightning both played well and I am looking forward to the Toshack Mexico FC fixture which will be a good indicator for both teams.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by newton heath FC 8/30/2013, 11:26 am

In some of the games, the score doesn't tell the story and I heard that Cruz Azul and Ayses Gold came out strong and gave those Texans teams a first half challenge that they weren't expecting.quote]

No dog in the fight but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  7-0 score but they were challenged.  My BB's 06 team can "challenge" an 03 team for a half...

I would say Castro was "challenged" giving up a goal and only scoring 5 to a team that qualified the 2nd weekend of the qualifying tourney

newton heath FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 8/30/2013, 7:27 pm

newton heath FC wrote:In some of the games, the score doesn't tell the story and I heard that Cruz Azul and Ayses Gold came out strong and gave those Texans teams a first half challenge that they weren't expecting.quote]

No dog in the fight but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  7-0 score but they were challenged.  My BB's 06 team can "challenge" an 03 team for a half...

I would say Castro was "challenged" giving up a goal and only scoring 5 to a team that qualified the 2nd weekend of the qualifying tourney
Sound like a U.S national team to me. Put up a good fight, defensive first half, and then fall apart in the second.

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/30/2013, 8:30 pm

I realize that you must be proud of your BB's team (we are all proud of our own players), but there is no reasonable scenario that I can imagine where a group of 7-8 year old players challenge an Elite 03 CCSAI Division 1 team for half of a game.

That being said, FC Dallas Premier, Solar Castro, Odyssey and Dallas Texans (South and Dallas) are good examples of Elite 03B teams that play a very organized game of football and represent the best their clubs have to offer at the 03B Level. These teams play from start to finish and are very consistent in their approach.

Any team that plays them level and prevents them from executing their brand of football has the right to assume that they are capable of more and a good result against these teams is a good indicator. The first half of a game is the most favorable time to strike against the elite teams because the score is level and your team is mentally and physically optimal.

Solar Chelsea is the top 03B team in our league and with that distinction they are constantly under pressure to win and frankly they always seem to do just that (win). To play an elite team level means that you play fantastic football (age corrected of course) and you outplay your opponent. That was not the case in the Castro (Solar Chelsea) game and the 1 goal that was scored against them was on a free kick and frankly that does not qualify as level play. In the immortal words of Johann Cruyff "Without the ball, you can't win."

As for the Texans they played teams that were ranked 16 and 17 in D1 which makes it even more exciting when you see those teams give it their best and keep it competitive against a 4th and 5th ranked D1 team, even if its only for the first half. Coach Olali's 03B team (Ayses Gold) played a quality game and maintained shape and composure throughout the entire fixture and I can see why his brand of coaching has garnered a loyal following.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom23 9/2/2013, 11:28 am

Scoring on Castro is an accomplishment. They have played many games without being scored on and/or their goalie touching the ball.
That team will have a lot of turnover in the next few years because of the pressure to win.

soccermom23
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 9/3/2013, 5:04 pm

I wonder how much the fact Classic messed up on the start date played into the results. Many of the D1 teams were told the season would not start until Sept 7. The teams relayed that to their players. Players went out of town on last minute vacations then Classic came back with too bad so sad. We are starting early and we will not reschedule games even though we gave bad information. Oh and thank you for the teams who paid $200 to protest the change. We are not going to change anything but we will certainly accept your donation.
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/3/2013, 9:46 pm

Fanofson wrote:I wonder how much the fact Classic messed up on the start date played into the results. Many of the D1 teams were told the season would not start until Sept 7. The teams relayed that to their players. Players went out of town on last minute vacations then Classic came back with too bad so sad. We are starting early and we will not reschedule games even though we gave bad information. Oh and thank you for the teams who paid $200 to protest the change. We are not going to change anything but we will certainly accept your donation.
yeah, no clue who would be dumb to put up the $200 protest fee knowing full well that the CL choices are:

(a)  We were wrong, our bad, how can we fix this?  And btw, here is your $200 back.
(b)  Laughter.  (goes out to $200 dinner)

I'm not sure how much it affected results.  I know it affected multiple teams.  Our opponent had 13 kids so would guess they had some missing.  We didn't do last minute vacations.  Ours did the full vacation deal based on months notice of a post-Labor Day start date.  We just had to beg 3 to travel back early including 2 from Europe on an overnight flight to field a team.   Live and learn.    

Serious question (and I feel a little like the French-Canadian goalkeeper in SlapShot):  who owns Classic League?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/3/2013, 10:02 pm

Number13 wrote:Serious question (and I feel a little like the French-Canadian goalkeeper in SlapShot):  who owns Classic League?
It's a not-for-profit entity so it's not owned by anyone. Kinda like a public-held company in that it's overseen by a Board of Directors who are elected/appointed somehow and they probably have the power to hire officers, employees, etc.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/3/2013, 11:23 pm

soccermom23 wrote:Scoring on Castro is an accomplishment. They have played many games without being scored on and/or their goalie touching the ball.
That team will have a lot of turnover in the next few years because of the pressure to win.
Scoring on them is an accomplishment even if it is on a set play and I didn't mean to gloss over that fact, but my point was that the game was not in question. Solar controlled possession at all times and the outcome of the game was evident early on.

As for team turnover, I wouldn't be too hasty. This team has been together quite a while and frankly they keep attracting excellent players from other elite teams. The pressure to win is harder on them and their parents, especially in tournaments like SuperCopa where Solar Castro absolutely earned everyone's respect (sans a few haters) by beating the best 03B teams in the nation.

I think they are a great team and they have a lot to offer, as for the pressure no doubt they will continue to attract players who are able to withstand the pressures of being on an elite team. Same goes for all the other elite teams that are expected to dominate their opponents and post high goal differentials.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 9/4/2013, 5:21 pm

Number13 wrote:
Fanofson wrote:I wonder how much the fact Classic messed up on the start date played into the results. Many of the D1 teams were told the season would not start until Sept 7. The teams relayed that to their players. Players went out of town on last minute vacations then Classic came back with too bad so sad. We are starting early and we will not reschedule games even though we gave bad information. Oh and thank you for the teams who paid $200 to protest the change. We are not going to change anything but we will certainly accept your donation.
yeah, no clue who would be dumb to put up the $200 protest fee knowing full well that the CL choices are:

(a)  We were wrong, our bad, how can we fix this?  And btw, here is your $200 back.
(b)  Laughter.  (goes out to $200 dinner)

I'm not sure how much it affected results.  I know it affected multiple teams.  Our opponent had 13 kids so would guess they had some missing.  We didn't do last minute vacations.  Ours did the full vacation deal based on months notice of a post-Labor Day start date.  We just had to beg 3 to travel back early including 2 from Europe on an overnight flight to field a team.   Live and learn.    

Serious question (and I feel a little like the French-Canadian goalkeeper in SlapShot):  who owns Classic League?
Just like North Fort Worth Alliance Soccer, Keller Soccer Assoc, and various other associations they are a youth organization flying under the NTSSA umbrella.
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down