Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?

+2
Discombobulated
Se La Perdio
6 posters

Go down

The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?  Empty The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?

Post by Se La Perdio 9/11/2013, 11:54 am

From USA Today:

By MIKE FOSS – September 11, 2013 at 8:42am EDT

Yesterday’s big winner: U-S-A!

The United States punched its ticket to the 2014 World Cup with a 2-0 win over Mexico Tuesday night. Sam’s Army did its part by whipping Columbus into a frenzy, selling out Crew Stadium. The U.S. delivered another dos a cero scoreline against a rival that is struggling to hold up their end of the rivalry (Mexico hasn’t scored against the U.S. in 443 minutes). An hour after victory, the U.S. clinched a World Cup berth following Honduras and Panama’s 2-2 draw.

Now what?

This is the seventh consecutive World Cup the U.S. has qualified for. It’s no longer an achievement. We expect to be there, which by the way, is progress unto itself. But now the discussion should be focused on how the U.S. will win a World Cup. What will it take? Since qualifying for the first time in 40 years in 1990, America has added a professional league with 19 teams, an academy system, and thanks to national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann we have a deep, competitive international roster. The mechanics are in place for the U.S. to be a world soccer power.

Seriously, it could happen. In cities like Seattle, there are fans paying to see American soccer (Seattle averages over 42,000 fans per game). But there are also clubs like D.C. United who struggle to bring in a quarter of Seattle’s attendance, and MLS TV ratings are lagging.

It’s simple. If fans want the U.S. to compete for a World Cup or attract the high-profile talent of Europe, they need to support the sport beyond a single qualifier in September against Mexico. It’s time for the casual fan to step up. American soccer can’t continue to be a grassroots movement if it aspires to become an international power. At some point, soccer needs mainstream support.

Will it get it?

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?  Empty Re: The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?

Post by Discombobulated 9/11/2013, 1:13 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:From USA Today:

By MIKE FOSS – September 11, 2013 at 8:42am EDT

Yesterday’s big winner: U-S-A!

The United States punched its ticket to the 2014 World Cup with a 2-0 win over Mexico Tuesday night. Sam’s Army did its part by whipping Columbus into a frenzy, selling out Crew Stadium. The U.S. delivered another dos a cero scoreline against a rival that is struggling to hold up their end of the rivalry (Mexico hasn’t scored against the U.S. in 443 minutes). An hour after victory, the U.S. clinched a World Cup berth following Honduras and Panama’s 2-2 draw.

Now what?

This is the seventh consecutive World Cup the U.S. has qualified for. It’s no longer an achievement. We expect to be there, which by the way, is progress unto itself. But now the discussion should be focused on how the U.S. will win a World Cup. What will it take? Since qualifying for the first time in 40 years in 1990, America has added a professional league with 19 teams, an academy system, and thanks to national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann we have a deep, competitive international roster. The mechanics are in place for the U.S. to be a world soccer power.

Seriously, it could happen. In cities like Seattle, there are fans paying to see American soccer (Seattle averages over 42,000 fans per game). But there are also clubs like D.C. United who struggle to bring in a quarter of Seattle’s attendance, and MLS TV ratings are lagging.

It’s simple. If fans want the U.S. to compete for a World Cup or attract the high-profile talent of Europe, they need to support the sport beyond a single qualifier in September against Mexico. It’s time for the casual fan to step up. American soccer can’t continue to be a grassroots movement if it aspires to become an international power. At some point, soccer needs mainstream support.

Will it get it?
Never gonna happen.

To be honest, I'm bored with watching us play the same weak Concacaf teams every few years for qualification. I know it's impossible because of the different federations but I'd love to see a group of North and South American teams drawn together for qualification kinda like Europe does it.

Discombobulated
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?  Empty Re: The U.S. is going to the World Cup, now what?

Post by Guest 9/11/2013, 1:41 pm

I usually watch soccer when I cant sleep, a good 10-15 minutes of it and im snoring away. I did that with golf but soccer works its magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 9/11/2013, 2:10 pm

This is my 2¢ worth: this is how I see it will (future – in the next 15 years or so) happen… Fairytale affraid 
Football (American) will diminish its popularity, due to a numerous medical issues (physical and mental ) that’s going to surround the sport…
There’s still going to be NFL- still way too much $$$ sitting at that table, but Colleges and High Schools will be getting less and less high prospects }}} because parents will start to encourage/ persuade their young athletes away from football…
One of my close friends played HS Football and Basketball, and had a chance to play College football, but declined… He’s in a mid 50’s now, and almost always hurting… He always says: “If he was a parent now, and with all we know about what football does to your body, there’s no way in >H< >E< >double hockey sticks< he would let his kid play football”…
Anyway, more kids will start playing FUTBALL (soccer)…
Also, MLS needs some BIG, BIG Money. I don’t mean where the owner of the team needs to make a profit to be successful, but a Crazy, CRAZY BIG Money- Where $100 million either way would not make him sweat… Owner that says to his wife: “Oh honey, I forgot to tell you, I bought a FUTBALL CLUB yesterday.. Oh, and it has this crazy old Brazilian coach, you gonna love him”…
And that is how it’s going to start… Cool 

That’s how I see it on Peyote Wednesday…
cheers 
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 9/11/2013, 2:14 pm

moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 9/11/2013, 3:05 pm

vman wrote:This is my 2¢ worth: this is how I see it will (future – in the next 15 years or so) happen…  Fairytale affraid 
Football (American) will diminish its popularity, due to a numerous medical issues (physical and mental )   that’s going to surround the sport…
There’s still going to be NFL- still way too much $$$ sitting at that table, but Colleges and High Schools will be getting less and less high prospects }}} because parents will start to encourage/ persuade their young athletes  away from football…
One of my close friends played HS Football and Basketball, and had a chance to play College football, but declined… He’s in a mid 50’s now, and almost always hurting… He always says: “If he was a parent now, and with all we know about what football does to your body, there’s no way in >H< >E< >double hockey sticks< he would let his kid play football”…    
Anyway, more kids will start playing FUTBALL (soccer)…
Also, MLS needs some BIG, BIG Money. I don’t mean where the owner of the team needs to make a profit to be successful, but a Crazy, CRAZY BIG Money- Where $100 million either way would not make him sweat… Owner that says to his wife: “Oh honey, I forgot to tell you, I bought a FUTBALL CLUB yesterday.. Oh, and it has this crazy old Brazilian coach, you gonna love him”…
And that is how it’s going to start… Cool 

That’s how I see it on Peyote Wednesday…
cheers 
Let me have one of what you're having - it appears to have some awesome effects on your brain! :-)

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 9/11/2013, 3:44 pm

I think vman was a football (American) player when young.... He is LOCO !!

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/11/2013, 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 9/11/2013, 10:34 pm

moveyourfeet wrote:
Hey, I’ve seen a similar thing about Hugh Hefner and few playmates >>> funny – YES... BUT Slice it and/or dice it – FUTBALL is still DA Best…cheers 
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 9/11/2013, 11:18 pm

murito wrote:I think vman was a football (American) player when young.... He is LOCO !!
Not so much on a “football (American) player when young”, but a futballer- little bit… Plus I always thought that a little PAZZO is a good thing…
And Yes I have a dream – USA in a World Cup Quarter-finals in 2030…
You got to have a dream… cheers 
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 9/11/2013, 11:23 pm

rdeal486 wrote:
I like to think that KARMA is going to take care of it….
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down