Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me??

+16
rdg
Maradona
Number13
murito
NotADRAMAfan
Soccerinsanity
soccerdadrandy
AllPaoTeam
Fctillidie
Real Barcelona
rantnrave
Madcap
PremierLeagueFan
my2cents
Laimport
fwfutsal
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? Empty Same old same old....Anybody else irvisvit just me??

Post by fwfutsal 9/30/2013, 6:57 pm

I took my son into D1 from a team that has a meteoric rise but I'm living to regret it. The sessionsc are the same old same old tired shyt week after week. His game level has gone down so much in these so called D1 teams. I guarantee you will find 29x the talent on the rocky field on Anglin street in FW than in most of these D1 teams. Not all but most have zero talent. It's just a money thing but then again when has it been different...Rhetorical

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? Empty Re: Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me??

Post by fwfutsal 9/30/2013, 6:58 pm

Anybody else or is it just me??

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? Empty Re: Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me??

Post by fwfutsal 9/30/2013, 7:02 pm

I can't type I'm so pissed at myself for F-ing up so bad....Really thought these guys had a pair of nuuuuts on them....shyyyyt No nuuuuts dropping just a bunch of pay to play which I can if only it was worth it. Got better competition in Arlington and Plano. Got way better talent at Game On or 4 Ever Soccer!

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/1/2013, 9:58 am

fwfutsal wrote:I can't type I'm so pissed at myself for F-ing up so bad....Really thought these guys had a pair of nuuuuts on them....shyyyyt No nuuuuts dropping just a bunch of pay to play which I can if only it was worth it.  Got better competition in Arlington and Plano. Got way better talent at Game On or 4 Ever Soccer!
I feel bad for you. At least now you know.

And you just may enlighten others. Take comfort in that.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/1/2013, 10:10 am

fwfutsal wrote:I can't type I'm so pissed at myself for F-ing up so bad....Really thought these guys had a pair of nuuuuts on them....shyyyyt No nuuuuts dropping just a bunch of pay to play which I can if only it was worth it.  Got better competition in Arlington and Plano. Got way better talent at Game On or 4 Ever Soccer!
Cant speak as to your age group but in the past and now in older ages I would have to say no, no, hell no. The level of play in Arlington, Plano or GameOn is not better or even close to CL. I have coached U19 rec teams that would be middle of the pack in Arlington. Although I really like what the new management and owners have done with GameOn (very well run, no longer a joke) it still does not have CL level players or talent .

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/1/2013, 11:08 am

frankly you're full of s*.....

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/1/2013, 1:08 pm

I get it...You're frustrated! How about some specifics (within the BB Code Guide of Course) and not from your BB's perspective, but from you.

You are proverbially Mad for this season so what made you choose the team you are on?

Did you know better, but let yourself get swayed by the promise of something better?

It's great that you are sharing your unhappiness with the forum, but I want to know the details so that your loss will be my gain when I am in your shoes.

Unfortunately for you there won't be any quid pro quo because I have a younger BB and well that's probably old news for you (I assume you've been there done that already).

So come on fess up, maybe you can reduce someone else's angst by shedding some light on your situation.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 10/1/2013, 4:15 pm

CL is just a league...nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean anything. I contend the 50+ Futsal games, tournaments, 3v3 tournaments, ODP, backyard etc are just as important (if not more important) than the 18 Classic League games.

Not sure why anyone puts all their eggs in the CL basket.

Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/1/2013, 5:07 pm

Madcap wrote:CL is just a league...nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean anything. I contend the 50+ Futsal games, tournaments, 3v3 tournaments, ODP, backyard etc are just as important (if not more important) than the 18 Classic League games.

I agree that putting it all together is a recipe for success and that overemphasizing one over the other is probably short sided, but I also the see this discussion as apples to oranges.

Futsal and 3v3 in addition to structured training and unstructured play is how one develops a player. I don't think that this idea is too far from the truth and most would agree that it's an excellent way to go if you can make it happen for your BB.

Classic League (or any league for that matter) is how that development is measured assuming (and here is the caveat) that the rest of the team follows suit. I would add that an excellent player can elevate a team and in some respects develop even further from the experience. This is why I dislike seeing quality players stuck on the bench of a great team instead of developing their applied skills on the pitch with a team that needs them.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 10/2/2013, 7:08 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Madcap wrote:CL is just a league...nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean anything. I contend the 50+ Futsal games, tournaments, 3v3 tournaments, ODP, backyard etc are just as important (if not more important) than the 18 Classic League games.

I agree that putting it all together is a recipe for success and that overemphasizing one over the other is probably short sided, but I also the see this discussion as apples to oranges.

Futsal and 3v3 in addition to structured training and unstructured play is how one develops a player. I don't think that this idea is too far from the truth and most would agree that it's an excellent way to go if you can make it happen for your BB.

Classic League (or any league for that matter) is how that development is measured assuming (and here is the caveat) that the rest of the team follows suit. I would add that an excellent player can elevate a team and in some respects develop even further from the experience. This is why I dislike seeing quality players stuck on the bench of a great team instead of developing their applied skills on the pitch with a team that needs them.

The blame for that, should fall on the Parents. There are many choices out there. Make the right one for your Child. Don't stick Him on a team that is not benefiting Him; just so a Parent can boast about being associated with a team that is considered as one of the best.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2013, 8:11 am

and thats why most of the parents get on here with their crying

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/2/2013, 10:40 am

Hmm...Perhaps we should discuss more of the merits of the teams in each of the leagues and identify where the talent is and where they are headed. I know that I am personally guilty of only posting on a smaller segment of CL, but I watch a lot of football (soccer) and I can readily spot the players and teams in the other leagues who stand out and who are making the effort.

I have been following a few of the PPL and APL teams that didn't qualify first year, but who are on track for promotion next year. Next years CL tournament should be excellent since 8 teams in D3 have to re-qualify and I think that they are going to be surprised by the improvements and quality that the top APL and PPL seeds will bring to the tournament.

There is also a good amount of activity on the D1/D2 side and I still can't predict the 7,8,9 and 10 spots yet. Many have told me that the top 10 was a clear cut scale, but I think there are a lot of teams and players who are proving that notion wrong.

I think the top 5 are interesting when they play each other, but its more fun to follow the teams who are on the bubble or who are working towards promotion and I will start posting  and encouraging people I know to also post on these teams and players starting this week.

Maybe this will help parents make a better informed decision for their BB when they can see the who and why of teams and players that are playing good football and working towards promotion or moving up the table.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/2/2013, 10:44 am

" There are many choices out there. Make the right one for your Child' Easier said than done. Coaches sometimes promise the moon. Reality only shows its ugly face after signing the contract. It happens even if you do your homework and ask around about the coach, the teams style of play, the coaches commitment to develop the players etc. Not sure how to solve the issue. Seems to me that parents in June are smoking the peace pipe, are on happy pills etc. I have come across very few instances were the parents will tell you that the coach sucks.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/2/2013, 11:12 am

Real Barcelona wrote:" There are many choices out there. Make the right one for your Child' Easier said than done. Coaches sometimes promise the moon. Reality only shows its ugly face after signing the contract. It happens even if you do your homework and ask around about the coach, the teams style of play, the coaches commitment to develop the players etc. Not sure how to solve the issue. Seems to me that parents in June are smoking the peace pipe, are on happy pills etc. I have come across very few instances were the parents will tell you that the coach sucks.
I totally see your point and I will focus my posts on how well the team plays its bench and perhaps that will add an additional dimension when making the end of year decision. I know a lot of first year select player/parent (combos) who were surprised when the promises made at signing didn't happen. I think the above posts exposed some of the reality on that process and that at least puts some of the responsibility back on the combos so they don't fall in the same trap next year.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 10/2/2013, 11:51 am

Do y'all all hear yourselves on here? Crying like a bunch of little sissy girls! Maybe that's the problem, all y'all do is blame someone else for your problems! It's never your fault, it's never your kids fault, it's always the coaches, the big clubs, etc......maybe that's what's wrong with so many of our kids today?? And why they don't succeed?! All y'all do is make excuses for them, when maybe they just aren't doing what they suppose to do! All y'all expect these coaches to make your son the next Messi, that's just stupid thinking! They (the kids) have to decide how far the go in this sport or how good/great they want to be. There is so much crying on here I see why our whole society is screwed up, and I bet most of y'all voted for Obama too. That's working out great, we are in the "era of Obama", no one is responsible for their own decisions, good job everyone..

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2013, 11:56 am

Fctillidie wrote:Do y'all all hear yourselves on here? Crying like a bunch of little sissy girls! Maybe that's the problem, all y'all do is blame someone else for your problems! It's never your fault, it's never your kids fault, it's always the coaches, the big clubs, etc......maybe that's what's wrong with so many of our kids today?? And why they don't succeed?! All y'all do is make excuses for them, when maybe they just aren't doing what they suppose to do! All y'all expect these coaches to make your son the next Messi, that's just stupid thinking! They (the kids) have to decide how far the go in this sport or how good/great they want to be. There is so much crying on here I see why our whole society is screwed up, and I bet most of y'all voted for Obama too. That's working out great, we are in the "era of Obama", no one is responsible for their own decisions, good job everyone..
i'm going to give you props for typing y'all 5 times...btw didn't and never would vote for obama or hillary...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 10/2/2013, 12:01 pm

lol! 

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 10/2/2013, 12:34 pm

scratch scratch scratch .....and by y'all you mean the one guy that started the post? Surely you did not lump the rest of us that called him out? right? Y'all is usually a plural...so... Very Happy 
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 10/2/2013, 1:33 pm

Fctillidie wrote:Do y'all all hear yourselves on here? Crying like a bunch of little sissy girls! Maybe that's the problem, all y'all do is blame someone else for your problems! It's never your fault, it's never your kids fault, it's always the coaches, the big clubs, etc......maybe that's what's wrong with so many of our kids today?? And why they don't succeed?! All y'all do is make excuses for them, when maybe they just aren't doing what they suppose to do! All y'all expect these coaches to make your son the next Messi, that's just stupid thinking! They (the kids) have to decide how far the go in this sport or how good/great they want to be. There is so much crying on here I see why our whole society is screwed up, and I bet most of y'all voted for Obama too. That's working out great, we are in the "era of Obama", no one is responsible for their own decisions, good job everyone..
Sorry, but it is hard to see tears on this forum and I definitely can't hear anyone on here. I think I said the Parents should take the blame. When you make general statements, people feel a need to defend their posts. By the way, these posts echo many posts from the pre "era of Obama." Whose fault was it then? Please advise.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 10/2/2013, 1:45 pm

I dont want to turn this into a political forum but we are in better shape now than before Obama took over..
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 10/2/2013, 2:49 pm

AllPaoTeam wrote:I dont want to turn this into a political forum but we are in better shape now than before Obama took over..
This is Soccer, not politics. That was the point I was trying to make!

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/2/2013, 2:57 pm

fwfutsal wrote:I took my son into D1 from a team that has a meteoric rise but I'm living to regret it.  The sessionsc are the same old same old tired shyt week after week.  His game level has gone down so much in these so called D1 teams.  I guarantee you will find 29x the talent on the rocky field on Anglin street in FW than in most of these D1 teams.  Not all but most have zero talent.  It's just a money thing but then again when has it been different...Rhetorical
yes! there are a number of teams in arlington, ppl and classic d3 that beat the d1 classic teams. 00 irving united, 00 san angelo, 00 midland united chivas. irving united decided to qualify for d3 in may (first year the qualifier was OPEN). but still irving united will have to spend years working there way up to d1 when they can already beat those teams. there are 5-10 00 boys in midland/odessa that don't even play club soccer because of cost, that could make top eighteen of most d1 classic league teams. anyway you can solve your problem by getting released and signing with another club REGARDLESS of whether or not your club releases you voluntarily. good luck on your next choice. bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 10/2/2013, 3:21 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
fwfutsal wrote:I took my son into D1 from a team that has a meteoric rise but I'm living to regret it.  The sessionsc are the same old same old tired shyt week after week.  His game level has gone down so much in these so called D1 teams.  I guarantee you will find 29x the talent on the rocky field on Anglin street in FW than in most of these D1 teams.  Not all but most have zero talent.  It's just a money thing but then again when has it been different...Rhetorical
yes! there are a number of teams in arlington, ppl and classic d3 that beat the d1 classic teams. 00 irving united, 00 san angelo, 00 midland united chivas. irving united decided to qualify for d3 in may (first year the qualifier was OPEN). but still irving united will have to spend years working there way up to d1 when they can already beat those teams. there are 5-10 00 boys in midland/odessa that don't even play club soccer because of cost, that could make top eighteen of most d1 classic league teams. anyway you can solve your problem by getting released and signing with another club REGARDLESS of whether or not your club releases you voluntarily. good luck on your next choice. bounce 
I don't think any one disagrees that you can find a quality PPL, APL, D3 team out there but it is not like they are growing on trees. Also, the comment about D1 not having any talent is a little skewed....just a little bit.

Also, would love to check out this Fort Worth team on the Meteoric Rise (weird cause most meteors actual fall...hmm), but he didn't give a name. Who are they and where do they play?
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2013, 4:32 pm

Plenty of options? This is true if you live in Carrollton, Frisco Plano or N. Dallas but not for everyone I assure you. We are in NFW the alliance area and I'm telling you we are limited. No I don't have a wife that can spend half her day running to Frisco or Farmers Branch. No, FWFC is too far given construction on I35 not to mention inferior training.

So we are with an independent that missed classic because we don't have a large pool of players to pull from. I always read here that the best players are in classic or DA and it's not true. It's the players who either can afford it or are geographically able.

We have several on our team that are classic caliber. We have multiple ODP, my BB is fast, skilled, aggressive, smart and absolutely lives and breathes the game and has never tried out for a classic or DA or PreA team.

I guess at some point within the next couple of years we may look to relocate to put him in the right area but I am sure that I'm not the only one in this predicament. Opening the classic challenge to any team last year was a mistake that created weak brackets allowing non-competitive teams a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2013, 4:37 pm

And I'm not saying there is not talent in classic I'm merely correcting those that think the system is finding all the top talent and they're all easily located on 15 or so teams. It's more complex than that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum