Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me??

+16
rdg
Maradona
Number13
murito
NotADRAMAfan
Soccerinsanity
soccerdadrandy
AllPaoTeam
Fctillidie
Real Barcelona
rantnrave
Madcap
PremierLeagueFan
my2cents
Laimport
fwfutsal
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me??

Post by Laimport 10/4/2013, 3:18 pm

I would certainly agree that the majority of the more advanced players in DFW are playing PA, DA and CL.

certainly this becomes even more true for older players (U15+)

In fact, two players from a 97 team I am very familiar with were both offered DA slots with FCD.

Both turned the offers down. I would also agree that the DA does offer more exposure to next level coaches.

But, anyone that thinks that not being rostered on a DA team, (even at U16-18 levels) is somehow a death blow is naïve.

Confusing individual player quality or talent with team/league affiliation is one of the leading fallacies with youth player development.

Spending more money and traveling the country doesn't equate automatically to a better player.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Same old same old....Anybody else or is it just me??

Post by Number13 10/4/2013, 3:37 pm

Laimport wrote:
Spending more money and traveling the country doesn't equate automatically to a better player.
Agreed. Just means better parents Very Happy 
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/4/2013, 4:13 pm

Number13 wrote:
Laimport wrote:
Agreed.  Just means better parents Very Happy 
or at least parents willing to spend more money...

I'm guessing that's what you meant.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fwfutsal 10/6/2013, 8:08 pm

A lot of good comments and some I disagree with. It is easy for someone to say ask for a rec release! having worked our way from D3-D1 is not that easy of a choice but it is indeed a choice...That I do agree with. What I meant by same old Same old is that what I have seen in D1 is weak. In fact very weak to the point I question myself really! This is the mighty D1?? I'm not shyting you when I say that I have seen much much much better talent in the barrios of FW, Dallas, Arlington, Irving etc etc. With the exception of a few teams it appears to be a show for the parents and not for the kids development. Of course some will disagree and say no way. I would invite you to give it a whirl. Pick any team in any place I mentioned and they will take on your mighty D1. In fact I would say they will hand you an azz whooping from hell. I would buy those odds Sight Unseen.

Moreover, it also appears to me to be a place for the selected to be showcased while the grunts do all the work. The coaching is weak and the development is centered on fantasy with unprepared coaches so the players are even less prepared. This is a far cry from Spain where my kids played and developed. You did not buy your way into the first team you clawed your way in. Here...I'm sorry to say but money buys you a spot. I suppose its the same everywhere else through effort one attains a spot. Not here and that is what frustrates me the most. When you have seen some of the best and then come down and here and see something more resembling a business than a Futbol/Soccer development organization. I can see clearly now why American Football is so much more revered here. They actually prepare and most players play with passion and heart, the crowd is into the game, there is tradition. Since I'm here I had projected my mode of thinking to be the same here. What it comes down too is the simple fact that it does not benefit my son at all to be playing in such a substandard league. A rec release it is. I much rather see passion than sit on the F-ing sideline of a big institution that is D1 watching some privileged no talent kid pretend he is the pinnacle of soccer. Privilaged meant to work hard off season and on season HARD. Here it means to buy your way into a clique as they say here. No thanks! We will wait our turn and get on a real team with a real coach. They are usually found in the rec. leagues and that is the saddest thing of all.

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 10/6/2013, 9:28 pm

fwfutsal wrote:A lot of good comments and some I disagree with.  It is easy for someone to say ask for a rec release!  having worked our way from D3-D1 is not that easy of a choice but it is indeed a choice...That I do agree with.  What I meant by same old Same old is that what I have seen in D1 is weak.  In fact very weak to the point I question myself really!  This is the mighty D1??  I'm not shyting you when I say that I have seen much much much better talent in the barrios of FW, Dallas, Arlington, Irving etc etc.  With the exception of a few teams it appears to be a show for the parents and not for the kids development.  Of course some will disagree and say no way.  I would invite you to give it a whirl.  Pick any team in any place I mentioned and they will take on your mighty D1.  In fact I would say they will hand you an azz whooping from hell.  I would buy those odds Sight Unseen.

Moreover, it also appears to me to be a place for the selected to be showcased while the grunts do all the work.  The coaching is weak and the development is centered on fantasy with unprepared coaches so the players are even less prepared.  This is a far cry from Spain where my kids played and developed.  You did not buy your way into the first team you clawed your way in.  Here...I'm sorry to say but money buys you a spot.  I suppose its the same everywhere else through effort one attains a spot.  Not here and that is what frustrates me the most.  When you have seen some of the best and then come down and here and see something more resembling a business than a Futbol/Soccer development organization.  I can see clearly now why American Football is so much more revered here.  They actually prepare and most players play with passion and heart, the crowd is into the game, there is tradition.  Since I'm here I had projected my mode of thinking to be the same here.  What it comes down too is the simple fact that it does not benefit my son at all to be playing in such a substandard league.  A rec release it is.  I much rather see passion than sit on the F-ing sideline of a big institution that is D1 watching some privileged no talent kid pretend he is the pinnacle of soccer.  Privilaged meant to work hard off season and on season HARD.  Here it means to buy your way into a clique as they say here.  No thanks!  We will wait our turn and get on a real team with a real coach.  They are usually found in the rec. leagues and that is the saddest thing of all.
If you really believe all of this, why are you wasting your time? You can get a "release to rec" at any time. Rolling Eyes 
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fwfutsal 10/6/2013, 9:37 pm

It takes time. Contracts, NTX rules etc etc. I see your a novice at this but you might say the same thing about me. I will say D3-D2 did not have this but might be repeated in someone else's experience.

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 10/6/2013, 10:43 pm

fwfutsal wrote:It takes time.  Contracts, NTX rules etc etc.  I see your a novice at this but you might say the same thing about me.  I will say D3-D2 did not have this but might be repeated in someone else's experience.
Not a novice. Been involved with Classic league as a player in my youth, my parents served on different boards and I am now in my 6th year of CL as a parent of multiple players.

North Texas will give you a release to rec with no regard to contracts. They will do it over the phone and email you the paperwork. It takes about 30 min. You can rid yourself of all this "sub-par" play and be on your way to any of these "almighty" rec leagues by noon tomorrow. Good Luck!
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fwfutsal 10/6/2013, 10:58 pm

Never said they were almighty just Real. I've been on equivalent CL in three states so you can cut the high and might references with me and the reference to my parents serving on this board or that board is testimony to what I'm talking about. This would not be tolerated but in a few places I know of. 30 minutes is not what they told me. But you may be right. NTX is a bit different but I'm not talking about all NTX but D1. D3-D2,were great for us. Thanks for the help though. Everybody wants to simply be happy.

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 10/6/2013, 11:03 pm

rdg is absolutely correct. quickly and easily accomplished.

I'll help you. Here is the form:
http://www.ntxsoccer.org/assets/pdfs/NTX_Release_Form_2-28-13.pdf
Check "yes" on item #5. Player sign, parent sign. Send to North Texas Soccer along with $25 fee.
They will collect the coach's signature if you don't want to face him - coach's notification is a courtesy because he must submit a roster delete form.

You will then be free to practice or guest play with anyone who will have you, or you can go to your local rec league and sign up.

Contracts and egos come into play if you want to transfer to another competitive team.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala 10/6/2013, 11:42 pm

FW,
I have been training local players for clubs for several years now. I actually started in Futbol Sala or what is now called Futsal. You would be surprised how many kids I have and frustrated parents such as yourself. Pulling out now is in my opinion one based on frustration. You were probably told one thing to find out another. Now, if I did not have players from all over the DFW area I'd say the same thing as the last two posters. I know way better.

Here is what you do. In my opinion.
As frustrated as you and your child are you should finish out the season. Nothing you say or do will change things. While not in contracts clubs do tend to make up their own rules. But, so does every other sport. You just have to find the right fit. As you had mentioned you expected a style of play. I like to think I can read between the lines. Take this as an absolute learning lesson about the business because regardless of what anybody here says its a business. Like all business transactions you have to position yourself for the best return on your investment. I will PM you. I'm out of FW. I saw such a need that I moved over to only soccer because my kids play as well. I have three, they all play. It's not perfectly evolved and has many flaws but I believe I can reach you how to navigate this league. Moreover, if you really want out I will teach you how to get out. I don't think that will be the case. It was something that brought you to your current club. We must find a common ground. Give it a shot! Then if it does not workout you can at least say you tried everything and it did not work out. By the way...What does mom say? Women are normally less invested and may offer a clearer perspective. PM with any questions. Best of Luck! Zeke
Futbol_Sala
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/7/2013, 9:22 am

"The coaching is weak and the development is centered on fantasy with unprepared coaches so the players are even less prepared" Unfortunately your are very right. Coaches have no idea how to read the game and worse still how to develop the players they chose for the season. Kids play with much more passion with their school and it is FREE!

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 10/7/2013, 9:33 am

Real Barcelona wrote:"The coaching is weak and the development is centered on fantasy with unprepared coaches so the players are even less prepared" Unfortunately your are very right. Coaches have no idea how to read the game and worse still how to develop the players they chose for the season. Kids play with much more passion with their school and it is FREE!
Where is school soccer free?  

All I have heard about is booster club fees, mandatory fundraisers, paying for practice gear......    It is a lot less expensive.  But not free.

Last edited by Seinfeld4 on 10/7/2013, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/7/2013, 12:00 pm

Those things are hoped for but not mandatory in our school district, Seinfeld. Do need your own cleats and shinguards, though.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/7/2013, 12:05 pm

my sons school just requires them to pass their classes lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/7/2013, 12:41 pm

And that, Omega, is the difference between soccer and American football bom 

Relax....jk....I think?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/7/2013, 12:45 pm

The booster clubs, fundraisers etc are not mandatory but optional.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum