Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS

+6
Maldini
Axxman
Fctillidie
Real Barcelona
Minilla
PitchBound
10 posters

Go down

SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS  Empty SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS

Post by PitchBound 10/18/2013, 11:49 am

SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS

A few moments ago, Schellas Hyndman announced that he will step down as head coach of FC Dallas at the conclusion of the 2013 season. My family and I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Schellas - both as a coach and as a person - and we sincerely appreciate his contributions to the club over the last five-and-a-half seasons.

Schellas joined the FC Dallas family in 2008, and in his five-plus years with the club, he has earned more points than any coach in FCD history. In 2010, he led FCD to our first MLS Cup appearance and earned MLS Coach of the Year honors that same year. Tomorrow's match against Seattle Sounders FC marks Schellas' home finale with FCD. We hope you will join us in wishing him well.

We're going to get started on our search for the next head coach right away. I've asked my brother Dan to help me with it, and I expect us to look at a broad list of candidates from a variety of different places.

Our goal is to field a team that consistently competes for championships. We did not deliver the results on the pitch this season that we expect and you deserve, and we are already working hard to change that for next season and the seasons to come.

Thank you for your continued support throughout this season. We look forward to seeing you at Toyota Stadium tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt

PRESS RELEASE:

Schellas Hyndman announced today that he plans to step down as head coach of FC Dallas at the end of the 2013 season. Hyndman joined the club in 2008, and led FC Dallas to its only MLS Cup appearance in 2010. His 244 career points as a head coach are the most in FC Dallas history.

"I truly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the FC Dallas family for the last five years," Hyndman said. "After a lot of thought and consideration, I feel the time is right for me to step down as head coach of FC Dallas. I want to thank the Hunt family for their support and friendship, our players, coaches and front office for their dedication and effort during my time here, and especially the great FC Dallas fans."

Hyndman amassed a 62-57-58 record in his five seasons as head coach, and in 2010, he became the first FC Dallas head coach to claim MLS Coach of the Year honors. FC Dallas Chairman Clark Hunt thanked Hyndman for his dedication to the club.

"My family and I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Schellas both as a coach and as a person, and we sincerely appreciate his contributions to the club over the last five-and-a-half seasons," Hunt said. "Having had the pleasure of knowing him for the last 30 years, I have seen first-hand his commitment to his craft and the passion he has for the game. We wish him well in the next chapter of his life, and he will be missed."

The search for the next head coach of FC Dallas will begin immediately, Hunt said, and is expected to include a broad list of candidates.

Hyndman's home finale as head coach will be this Saturday when FCD faces Seattle at Toyota Stadium at 1:30 PM CST. Hyndman and FCD close out the 2013 season on the road against the San Jose Earthquakes on October 26.

Dan Hunt, vice president of Hunt Sports Group, echoed the family's sentiments about Hyndman.

"We are very grateful for Schellas' hard work and commitment to FC Dallas," Dan Hunt said. "Whether with our fans, our front office or in our community, he has always represented FCD and our family with class, and we wish him nothing but the best in the future."

After securing a berth in the 2011 CONCACAF Champions League tournament, Hyndman and FC Dallas became the first team in MLS history to defeat a Mexican opponent in Mexico. The club opened its first foray into the competition with an unprecedented 4-0-0 record and four consecutive shutouts. Hyndman also led Dallas to back-to-back playoff appearances for the first time since the 2007 season and equaled the greatest number of points in a MLS season (52) despite enduring an additional 14 matches in outside competition, playing a franchise record of 48 games in one season.

In 2007, Hyndman was enshrined into the Walk of Fame at Toyota Stadium, an honor given to those who have made significant contributions to the sport of soccer in Texas. He is also a former president of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (2005).

Before joining FC Dallas, Hyndman spent 31 seasons as a college head coach, including 24 at nearby Southern Methodist University. Hyndman ranks fifth all-time in victories among Division I coaches, posting an all-time college record of 466-122-49, which includes a record of 368-98-38 at SMU and 98-24-11 at Eastern Illinois University, where he was inducted into the school's Hall of Fame. In 31 years as coach, he led his schools to 30 NCAA playoff appearances, 11 quarter finals and five final fours (three in Division I, two in Division II). He was named National Coach of the Year in 1981 and also earned eight League Coach of the Year honors during his career (WAC: 1997, 1998, 1999; MVC: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004; Conference USA: 2006).

On Jan. 13, 2012, Hyndman received the Bill Jeffrey Award for Long-Term Service to Intercollegiate Soccer in recognition for his tremendous contributions to the growth of intercollegiate soccer. Hyndman also remains a Director of Coaching Emeritus of the NSCAA Academy.

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS  Empty Re: SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS

Post by Minilla 10/18/2013, 11:52 am

Good riddance...about time!

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS  Empty Re: SCHELLAS HYNDMAN TO STEP DOWN AS HEAD COACH OF FC DALLAS

Post by Real Barcelona 10/18/2013, 12:20 pm

BRING OSCAR BACK PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE!!!!

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 10/18/2013, 12:36 pm

Agree!! Bring back Pareja!! He's a fantastic coach, look what he's done with Colorado already. He has young Dallas products playing a significant role in the team. Why can't we do that here? But if he comes back, he needs to also completely change the academy coaching staff. He created that! And made it into a nationally recognized development academy. Chris Hayden and his goofs have already brought the academy level down the short time Oscar has been gone.

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/18/2013, 12:38 pm

^What he said!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Maldini 10/18/2013, 1:02 pm

Dallas needs to put out home grown talent...it would make me more interested to go out to games

Maldini
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/18/2013, 2:25 pm

Oscar would do it. Need to convince the Hunts though. If any of you are part of the inner circle then speak up and offer you unsolicited advice.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 10/18/2013, 2:58 pm

OSCAR!!! OSCAR!!! OSCAR!!!
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mean Green 10/18/2013, 3:00 pm

Let the speculation begin.... Bob Bradley? Jason Kreis? Oscar Pareja? Josema Bazan?

Throw out some other great names.........

Mean Green
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 10/18/2013, 3:07 pm

Josema?!?! Come on man, we are trying to go forward, not backward!! You wanna bring someone in that wasn't even successful at the club level? If you are going by that, I say bring in Marcio!! Lol, Justkidding, it's Oscar or BUST!

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PitchBound 10/18/2013, 3:31 pm

Maradona! Smile

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mavericks67 10/18/2013, 4:24 pm

Oscar!
mavericks67
mavericks67
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 10/18/2013, 4:53 pm

Ted Lasso gets my vote.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6KeG_i8CWE8

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down