Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U8B - AFC Fall Challenge with Team List - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U8B - AFC Fall Challenge with Team List

+11
Fctillidie
Respect_All
Maradona
DallasKicksSC
gol123
#27mom
ShastaTx
Rancho4C
scubasteve22
Freemancory13
coachdom
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U8B - AFC Fall Challenge with Team List - Page 2 Empty Re: U8B - AFC Fall Challenge with Team List

Post by DallasKicksSC 11/13/2013, 7:47 am

blueisthecolor wrote:That Gold B bracket will be tough, particularly if the rumors about the Guameru giants moving to the Kicks team are true.  Barnes has improved a lot in the last year too. And McDaniel and Gomez are quality teams.

The A bracket will be solid as well, but B looks like the group of U8 death.  Shocked Shocked 
Guameru giants? scratch  Only one former Guameru player ended up playing with our team this Fall season. A few of them guest played over summer but only one stayed.

DallasKicksSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

U8B - AFC Fall Challenge with Team List - Page 2 Empty Re: U8B - AFC Fall Challenge with Team List

Post by Guest 11/13/2013, 8:45 am

Okay. We saw some of the exceptional Guameru kids playing for the kicks in a tournament. When we did not see those same kids on Guamerus team in the fall we assumed they had moved to the kicks.

Good luck this weekend. The kicks teams always look well coached.

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasKicksSC 11/13/2013, 9:01 am

blueisthecolor wrote:Okay. We saw some of the exceptional Guameru kids playing for the kicks in a tournament.   When we did not see those same kids on Guamerus team in the fall we assumed they had moved to the kicks.

Good luck this weekend.   The kicks teams always look well coached.  
Thank you, good luck to your team too. Guameru folded after spring season. During the summer 3 06s were guest playing with us looking for a home. Only one 06 (goal keeper) played with us this Fall season. Best of luck to all teams in this tournament.
DallasKicksSC
DallasKicksSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/13/2013, 9:14 am

DallasKicksSC wrote:
blueisthecolor wrote:That Gold B bracket will be tough, particularly if the rumors about the Guameru giants moving to the Kicks team are true.  Barnes has improved a lot in the last year too. And McDaniel and Gomez are quality teams.

The A bracket will be solid as well, but B looks like the group of U8 death.  Shocked Shocked 
Guameru giants? scratch  Only one former Guameru player ended up playing with our team this Fall season. A few of them guest played over summer but only one stayed.
The truth always lies somewhere in between. I also heard some rumors that Coach O. has been vehemently after the top two players from Liverpool Barnes.......good luck in the tourney to both. Hope the weather holds up.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/13/2013, 9:46 am

Recruiting the coach's son from Barnes would be quite the coup.  But it seems a tad unlikely.  Laughing 

Our growth has been pretty much all from rec teams, aside from a few very talented academy boys who sought out Coach O.  

Coach doesn't actively recruit.  But players tend to find Coach O, as his track record speaks for itself (e.g., the undefeated state championship team at Southlake).  The Solar Red 01s were a top team in D1, and the Solar Red 04s are among the best in NTX (see the performance at the Super Copa tournament last year where they beat a number of teams from Cali, Florida, NJ, etc.).  The 04's can even hang with the mighty 04 LP RASE girls, but that's a whole other ten-page discussion thread!

Who knows if our 06 group will approach that level of success (in terms of Ws and more importantly development).   Watching the 04 team's passing and possession game, our boys have quite a ways to go.  But they're improving month to month, which is fun to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Respect_All 11/13/2013, 10:05 am

Maradona -Really, you think Coach O is trying to recruit the son of the LP Barnes Coach to play for Solar?

Respect_All
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/13/2013, 12:33 pm

blueisthecolor wrote:Recruiting the coach's son from Barnes would be quite the coup.  But it seems a tad unlikely.  Laughing 

Our growth has been pretty much all from rec teams, aside from a few very talented academy boys who sought out Coach O.  

Coach doesn't actively recruit.  But players tend to find Coach O, as his track record speaks for itself (e.g., the undefeated state championship team at Southlake).  The Solar Red 01s were a top team in D1, and the Solar Red 04s are among the best in NTX (see the performance at the Super Copa tournament last year where they beat a number of teams from Cali, Florida, NJ, etc.).  The 04's can even hang with the mighty 04 LP RASE girls, but that's a whole other ten-page discussion thread!

Who knows if our 06 group will approach that level of success (in terms of Ws and more importantly development).   Watching the 04 team's passing and possession game, our boys have quite a ways to go.  But they're improving month to month, which is fun to watch.
Remember that I said two?. Those two would come in tandem...but he's tried...ask him...Greg is just doing what's best for his teams (and own reputation).

If you don't think he actively recruits, inquire about the numerous free clinics he provided the Coppell Crushers kids... at the time, two of the kids he was recruiting were both of the coaches' sons.....

I get that you are proud of your son's coach; however, next time you list his accolades, don't exclude success stories of other teams he's coached: (i.e. 97's, 07's, 08's)...that way we all have full context...

IMHO, your 06 team can approach a high level of success but Greg will have to recruit one or two studs and make two permanent rostered teams...

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 11/13/2013, 1:53 pm

Maradona has some good points. I would also add that Oglesby is very smart about what ages he coaches. He's knows which age groups to stay away from. Example, the 02 age group with DTS, the 03 age group with Solar Dallas , he knew no one could touch these teams so he was smart to stay away. And I said his 01 group was good, not great. DT 01 still won the majority of "trophies" during that time frame between U10-U12. Would also throw in, although I am being a little bias, the both Fc Dallas teams played better soccer. He smart, he start with an already strong core, recruits odysses best players and starts from there. I am not say there is anything at all wrong with this! Just don't be so naive about things blueisthecolor. Oh, and quit bringing up highschool, I don't want to go there cause people will go crazy on this form, but to a lot of people highschool soccer.......not very impressive.

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/13/2013, 2:47 pm

Fctillidie wrote:Maradona has some good points. I would also add that Oglesby is very smart about what ages he coaches. He's knows which age groups to stay away from.  Example, the 02 age group with DTS, the 03 age group with Solar Dallas , he knew no one could touch these teams so he was smart to stay away. And I said his 01 group was good, not great. DT 01 still won the majority of "trophies" during that time frame between U10-U12. Would also throw in, although I am being a little bias, the both Fc Dallas teams played better soccer. He smart, he start with an already strong core, recruits odysses best players and starts from there. I am not say there is anything at all wrong with this! Just don't be so naive about things blueisthecolor. Oh, and quit bringing up highschool, I don't want to go there cause people will go crazy on this form, but to a lot of people highschool soccer.......not very impressive.
Well, I'm quite sure Oglesby is smart and knows what he is doing.  But I really doubt he is ducking anybody when he chooses his teams.  They start with these kids at U-tiny, it certainly has not been clear in either '03 or '04 ages since U-tiny who the dominant team would be at U10.  Heck, SR '04 was like 4th in some lady's poll for '04 teams a year ago, maybe they should have folded.   It seems like Oglesby and Bates and Stricker have a nice little system set up where they take a team every 2-3 years and avoid stepping on each others toes.  That way they always have a couple of supplemental income streams but avoid any in-fighting.  They all have a pretty fixed time where they have to release the kids into the wild due to UIL restrictions, so they need to be fairly organized.  At least that is how it appears.  I could be wrong.

But I'm 100% sure that he actively recruits.  A year ago Odyssey had an '04 team.  That said, it's not damning or anything, you'd be silly not to actively recruit.  

Don't know much about HS soccer, but Southlake HS certainly has a LOT of built in advantages when it comes to being competitive at anything.

Good luck Blueiscolor, have the only U8 kid I know on your team (well not true, know aforementioned Barnes kids as well).
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/13/2013, 3:35 pm

I agree that it's silly to think that a coach could strategically identify weak age groups at U6.

I'm sure at some point there's some recruiting (we haven't seen it yet, with all but a few boys coming from rec), but the idea that O is trying to pick off the Barnes coach's son is kind of funny.  LP Barnes have a great team too. So talented kids in the Keller / Southlake area have a couple of good options, depending on what they're looking for.  And there are obviously other good teams and coaches in the area.

We've got good coaching, small rosters (by playing two teams) that maximize playing time, and a great group of families.  And our son is happy as can be.  

I'm sure many of the other teams in this tourney can tell a similar story.  Good luck to them all this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/14/2013, 11:52 pm

blueisthecolor wrote:I agree that it's silly to think that a coach could strategically identify weak age groups at U6.

I'm sure at some point there's some recruiting (we haven't seen it yet, with all but a few boys coming from rec), but the idea that O is trying to pick off the Barnes coach's son is kind of funny.  LP Barnes have a great team too. So talented kids in the Keller / Southlake area have a couple of good options, depending on what they're looking for.  And there are obviously other good teams and coaches in the area.

We've got good coaching, small rosters (by playing two teams) that maximize playing time, and a great group of families.  And our son is happy as can be.  

I'm sure many of the other teams in this tourney can tell a similar story.  Good luck to them all this weekend.
You are close to Greg. Ask him why he no longer coaches his 07 and 08 boys teams...doubt it had anything to do with teams performance in Primetime last season....nah, that'd be silly. While you're at it, ask him if he succeeded in "picking off" the 01 Crushers coaches' sons....nah, that'd be kind of funny.

FWIW, Greg has two HS state championships.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/15/2013, 12:01 am

Number13 wrote:
Fctillidie wrote:Maradona has some good points. I would also add that Oglesby is very smart about what ages he coaches. He's knows which age groups to stay away from.  Example, the 02 age group with DTS, the 03 age group with Solar Dallas , he knew no one could touch these teams so he was smart to stay away. And I said his 01 group was good, not great. DT 01 still won the majority of "trophies" during that time frame between U10-U12. Would also throw in, although I am being a little bias, the both Fc Dallas teams played better soccer. He smart, he start with an already strong core, recruits odysses best players and starts from there. I am not say there is anything at all wrong with this! Just don't be so naive about things blueisthecolor. Oh, and quit bringing up highschool, I don't want to go there cause people will go crazy on this form, but to a lot of people highschool soccer.......not very impressive.
Well, I'm quite sure Oglesby is smart and knows what he is doing.  But I really doubt he is ducking anybody when he chooses his teams.  They start with these kids at U-tiny, it certainly has not been clear in either '03 or '04 ages since U-tiny who the dominant team would be at U10.  Heck, SR '04 was like 4th in some lady's poll for '04 teams a year ago, maybe they should have folded.   It seems like Oglesby and Bates and Stricker have a nice little system set up where they take a team every 2-3 years and avoid stepping on each others toes.  That way they always have a couple of supplemental income streams but avoid any in-fighting.  They all have a pretty fixed time where they have to release the kids into the wild due to UIL restrictions, so they need to be fairly organized.  At least that is how it appears.  I could be wrong.

But I'm 100% sure that he actively recruits.  A year ago Odyssey had an '04 team.  That said, it's not damning or anything, you'd be silly not to actively recruit.  

Don't know much about HS soccer, but Southlake HS certainly has a LOT of built in advantages when it comes to being competitive at anything.

Good luck Blueiscolor, have the only U8 kid I know on your team (well not true, know aforementioned Barnes kids as well).
Darn Oglesby....he also recruited Odyssey's 96, 99, 00, 01, 02 boys teams.. cheers 

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yessir 11/16/2013, 7:03 am

FCD Riojas 10-0 over Dallas Texans

yessir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yessir 11/16/2013, 4:53 pm

FCD Riojas 11-0 over FCD Blue....sure would have been nice to see this team in the gold bracket!

yessir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/17/2013, 6:58 pm

yessir wrote:FCD Riojas 11-0 over FCD Blue....sure would have been nice to see this team in the gold bracket!
Beat ayses gold 7-0, this team didn't allow a goal in bracket and got max points in every game...sandbag or tourney coordinator did a bad seeding?
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 11/17/2013, 8:27 pm

If I could have moved them, I would have. When I ask coaches for help with seeding, I need them to reply.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yessir 11/17/2013, 8:44 pm

Trust me it wasn't sandbagging....

yessir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by #27mom 11/17/2013, 10:17 pm

I hesitated in adding anymore to this topic; however, I think I will now.  I know for a fact my coach asked to be moved into the gold bracket when he found out we were in the silver....not once but several times.  He was informed the decision was based off standings on GotSoccer (not sure if I can name things directly like that).  Ok, understandable.  Our team has two, 2, losses in the past year they have been playing in tournaments and those were in finals.  There was one particular team in the Gold bracket that had ZERO history on said website.  ZERO.  My coach was also informed a few of the coaches in the Gold bracket  agreed OUR placement was in the Silver bracket.....hmmmmmm.....why should other coaches be able to determine our team's placement???  We did not want to play in this bracket because we wanted the competition.  We wanted to play against these top Gold teams.  Is that not the point of playing in tournaments??  We do not look for easy wins...we look to earn them. Instead we ended up with a clean sheet while listening to parents and COACHES making comments about us playing where we did not belong.  We knew we did NOT belong in the Silver.  And yes, we asked to be moved when the schedules came out but I think that's when the Gold and Silver brackets were revealed.  Maybe just maybe next time they will go off our history and NOT other coaches opinions.  And for the record, for one particular coach suggesting we were playing with kids that are not true 06's, the players that grace the fields during tournaments are the same players you will see during league games.  We do not use guest players...no need; we don't have to stoop to the level other coaches may deem necessary to pass off an older player as an 06 because he looks it...once again, no need.  We are very fortunate to have a great coach, supportive parents and a great group of players that play with heart, compassion and pure LOVE for the sport.  GOOD NIGHT!!!

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 11/18/2013, 4:40 pm

#27mom wrote:I hesitated in adding anymore to this topic; however, I think I will now.  I know for a fact my coach asked to be moved into the gold bracket when he found out we were in the silver....not once but several times.  He was informed the decision was based off standings on GotSoccer (not sure if I can name things directly like that).  Ok, understandable.  Our team has two, 2, losses in the past year they have been playing in tournaments and those were in finals.  There was one particular team in the Gold bracket that had ZERO history on said website.  ZERO.  My coach was also informed a few of the coaches in the Gold bracket  agreed OUR placement was in the Silver bracket
The problem is that he did not communicate with me until AFTER the schedules came out.  I emailed ALL coaches in this age group BEFORE I set the divisions and created the schedules.  Since your coach did not respond, I went off of the general consensus of those that did.  

FYI - I am seeding the U9B division for the League Challenge Cup, right now.  I texted your coach for his opinion.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by #27mom 11/18/2013, 5:45 pm

I'm the main contact for the team and I had no emails. Which is weird considering I received all other emails regarding the tournament. I had one for our 05's but not our 06's. It's a done deal; this tournament is behind we are looking forward to this weekend. Are there enough 06 teams playing this weekend?

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 11/18/2013, 5:46 pm

#27mom wrote:I'm the main contact for the team and I had no emails. Which is weird considering I received all other emails regarding the tournament. I had one for our 05's but not our 06's.  It's a done deal; this tournament is behind we are looking forward to this weekend. Are there enough 06 teams playing this weekend?
3 teams in 06. We are looking for a 4th
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 11/21/2013, 5:28 pm

coachdom wrote:
#27mom wrote:I hesitated in adding anymore to this topic; however, I think I will now.  I know for a fact my coach asked to be moved into the gold bracket when he found out we were in the silver....not once but several times.  He was informed the decision was based off standings on GotSoccer (not sure if I can name things directly like that).  Ok, understandable.  Our team has two, 2, losses in the past year they have been playing in tournaments and those were in finals.  There was one particular team in the Gold bracket that had ZERO history on said website.  ZERO.  My coach was also informed a few of the coaches in the Gold bracket  agreed OUR placement was in the Silver bracket
The problem is that he did not communicate with me until AFTER the schedules came out.  I emailed ALL coaches in this age group BEFORE I set the divisions and created the schedules.  Since your coach did not respond, I went off of the general consensus of those that did.  

FYI - I am seeding the U9B division for the League Challenge Cup, right now.  I texted your coach for his opinion.
Dom, we played in this tourney but were not involved in the above referenced dilemma. But, I did have a suggestion that might help in the future. As #27mom suggested, she didn't get the email asking for input on the seeding. Neither did I but my coach forwarded your email to me. Based on that, I think that you simply sent it to the coaches and the coaches only. My suggestion for the future would be to copy the team manager/contact person on those emails in addition to the coaches. I think those guys are sometimes so busy coaching they forget to worry with those types of things and we managers can either get the info from them and respond to you or badger them until they respond. Just a thought.

Thank you for all of your efforts. We appreciate your time and as usual you did a great job of organizing. Not an easy task when you got 2-3 times as many teams as you expected, had to go find additional fields and had to try to figure out seeding for U7-U8 rug rats. Thanks again.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 11/21/2013, 5:51 pm

soccer23 wrote:

Dom, we played in this tourney but were not involved in the above referenced dilemma.  But, I did have a suggestion that might help in the future.  As #27mom suggested, she didn't get the email asking for input on the seeding. Neither did I but my coach forwarded your email to me.  Based on that, I think that you simply sent it to the coaches and the coaches only.  My suggestion for the future would be to copy the team manager/contact person on those emails in addition to the coaches.  I think those guys are sometimes so busy coaching they forget to worry with those types of things and we managers can either get the info from them and respond to you or badger them until they respond.  Just a thought.  
I tried that a few years ago and some of the managers and coaches had conflicting rankings. Manager want to win, coach wanted a challenge.

I appreciate the feedback. I am dissecting every part of the tournament to see what can be improved. There is no FBR for boys, very few leagues post their results, and not all tournaments use gotsoccer. In our May tournament, there should be more information on teams.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2