Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic League Bye? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League Bye?

5 posters

Go down

why bye's

Classic League Bye? Vote_lcap64%Classic League Bye? Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]
Classic League Bye? Vote_lcap36%Classic League Bye? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 11

Classic League Bye? Empty Classic League Bye?

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/12/2013, 10:01 pm

why have bye's
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Classic League Bye? Empty Re: Classic League Bye?

Post by SoccerXXX 11/13/2013, 6:18 am

I favor a bye system but not in it's current state. I believe that if a team cannot carry N+1 regardless of division then they have to fight for a CL slot through the tournament. This will give a nod to the teams / coaches that keep a bit of normalcy in their roster / perform. From an execution perspective you drop the two bottom and promote the two top and then shuffle up for any team that does not keep N+1. D3 could potentially have 10 teams to qualify but that isn't an issue. Heck, there could be some from the Challenge Tournament going into D2 (Unlikely but possible I guess). Who cares again.

If the above is executed then the Challenge Tournament would need to be after signing (as it should be). The team in the Tournament would be the ones playing for the year.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/13/2013, 10:39 am

I also favor byes but the current system too far beyond what I think is reasonable.

I do not think a club should ever own a bye. I understand the initial argument behind why that stipulation was put into place but what it has become in reality is not good. If a club can’t keep a group of customers happy, why should they be rewarded for that?

Also with the current system, far too much weight is given to the teams' very first QT. A bad QT can punish a good team for years or just kill that team within a year.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/13/2013, 11:01 am

bigtex75081 wrote:I also favor byes but the current system too far beyond what I think is reasonable.  

I do not think a club should ever own a bye.  I understand the initial argument behind why that stipulation was put into place but what it has become in reality is not good.  If a club can’t keep a group of customers happy, why should they be rewarded for that?

Also with the current system, far too much weight is given to the teams' very first QT.  A bad QT can punish a good team for years or just kill that team within a year.
@bigtex... i must admit i don't even understand the "initial argument" for byes. but as you say too much weight is given to a QT for 10 year old babies. the reason teams don't stay together, in addition to politics, etc. is that these boys are maturing and the star of the team last year (18 months ago) is mediocre at best and a 10 year old that didn't make the team 2 years ago is the star and thus being recruited by the same team he couldn't make earlier. there has to be an exception for an indie team that overnight through merger, etc becomes a top tier team.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSjunkie 11/13/2013, 4:40 pm

Why even have a league?? Is a trophy so important that we'd rather worry about setting a league up? This is why the US is so behind in soccer compared to the world. It's all about winning that U14 trophy instead of developing players.

Most other countries hardly even play games in the youth ranks. Heck, the EPL didn't even have a Youth Premier League till the 2012/2013 season, and that's only for U18!

I mean it's $650 per team to just attempt to Qualify! That doesn't even include if you actually do qualify for the league!

Why not just get the training the players need to become better soccer players, and if a team wants to play a game the coaches can find another team to play a game against every now and then. Going to such lengths just so that a U11 player can get a trophy is ridiculous. Let's worry about making sure the players are actually learning the skills they need to play a game instead of winning a league this young.

NTXSjunkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2013, 4:48 pm

NTXSjunkie wrote:Why even have a league?? Is a trophy so important that we'd rather worry about setting a league up? This is why the US is so behind in soccer compared to the world. It's all about winning that U14 trophy instead of developing players.

Most other countries hardly even play games in the youth ranks. Heck, the EPL didn't even have a Youth Premier League till the 2012/2013 season, and that's only for U18!

I mean it's $650 per team to just attempt to Qualify! That doesn't even include if you actually do qualify for the league!

Why not just get the training the players need to become better soccer players, and if a team wants to play a game the coaches can find another team to play a game against every now and then. Going to such lengths just so that a U11 player can get a trophy is ridiculous. Let's worry about making sure the players are actually learning the skills they need to play a game instead of winning a league this young.
Then how does the Gothia Cup get 1600 teams from 80 diffrent countries? Is that one of the few times they play games?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/13/2013, 7:41 pm

NTXSjunkie wrote:Why even have a league?? Is a trophy so important that we'd rather worry about setting a league up? This is why the US is so behind in soccer compared to the world. It's all about winning that U14 trophy instead of developing players.

i personally make sure my son gets those touches and that training separate from what a coach can show him a dew hours a week. you can do both! train and compete. the $650 is just another tournament fee whether you qualify or not
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSjunkie 11/14/2013, 4:58 pm

my2cents wrote:

Then how does the Gothia Cup get 1600 teams from 80 diffrent countries? Is that one of the few times they play games?
Yes. That is one of the few times they play games.

They generally do tournaments and stuff, but it is few and far between. It's because the players know that their goal is to get to the pro's and not to win a trophy at age 12.

Also, look at the health of US players vs other countries. Our players seem to get injured more. I would argue that this is because our youth play to many games. Think about it… football people say that running backs only have so many games in their legs before they are gone. Well, that logic would probably apply to soccer as well.

How many games a year does a soccer player in the US play? Well the season is what 12 games so times by two 24. Then add 3 tournaments at minimum. That adds 3-5 maybe 6 games per tournament so we'll say 15 for a year there. We're up to 39 games… more games than a professional season in most European Leagues. Now add HS soccer once they get there… that's an 19 game season plus playoffs… so now we're up to 58 games without playoffs… plus two tournaments… so add another 10 games… now we're at 68. Some teams play winter indoor as well which is usually 8-10 games with playoffs after so we're up to 78 games.

Add all that plus most clubs, since they're so concerned with winning, practice 4-5 times a week… it's just ridiculous. That sort of wear and tear on bodies that are still developing?! It's no wonder our soccer players get hurt so easily once they make it to the pro's, get burned out young, or once they hit stardom are only in the lime light for a year or two. How quickly did Dempsey fade from stardom in England?

NTXSjunkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/14/2013, 5:08 pm

NTXSjunkie wrote:
my2cents wrote:

Yes. That is one of the few times they play games.

They generally do tournaments and stuff, but it is few and far between. It's because the players know that their goal is to get to the pro's and not to win a trophy at age 12.

Also, look at the health of US players vs other countries. Our players seem to get injured more. I would argue that this is because our youth play to many games. Think about it… football people say that running backs only have so many games in their legs before they are gone. Well, that logic would probably apply to soccer as well.

How many games a year does a soccer player in the US play? Well the season is what 12 games so times by two 24. Then add 3 tournaments at minimum. That adds 3-5 maybe 6 games per tournament so we'll say 15 for a year there. We're up to 39 games… more games than a professional season in most European Leagues. Now add HS soccer once they get there… that's an 19 game season plus playoffs… so now we're up to 58 games without playoffs… plus two tournaments… so add another 10 games… now we're at 68. Some teams play winter indoor as well which is usually 8-10 games with playoffs after so we're up to 78 games.

Add all that plus most clubs, since they're so concerned with winning, practice 4-5 times a week… it's just ridiculous. That sort of wear and tear on bodies that are still developing?! It's no wonder our soccer players get hurt so easily once they make it to the pro's, get burned out young, or once they hit stardom are only in the lime light for a year or two. How quickly did Dempsey fade from stardom in England?
i submit that the foreign players you elude to DO PLAY MANY GAMES. by definition "game" can be fun not work. regardless of whether or not its called a game or scrimmage or kick around, players of the world are playing every day. my son gets more exercise in the kick arounds with his friends (and more touches) than he does in a match. the diff is if you have 11 elite players training against 11 elite players they get better. in ntx you have 7-12 good players and 6 or so weaker players that don't demand enough from stars in a practice setting.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down