Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Artificial fields Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Artificial fields

+13
Chelsea00
Slakemoth
moveyourfeet
tpitty
bigtex75081
soccerdadrandy
nearpost95
Laroja_2012
Real Barcelona
finish1
my2cents
coachdom
Top Corner Goalkeepers
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Artificial fields Empty Artificial fields

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 11/23/2013, 2:58 pm

Should North texas soccer invest in Artificial fields ? The only reason games would be cancelled would be for Thunder and lightening. Plus we could play outdoor leagues.

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Artificial fields Empty Re: Artificial fields

Post by coachdom 11/23/2013, 3:07 pm

NTSSA has neither land, nor money.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/23/2013, 3:42 pm

scooney wrote:Should North texas soccer invest in Artificial fields ? The only reason games would be cancelled would be for Thunder and lightening. Plus we could play outdoor leagues.
After watching my BB play on a 150+ degree artificial surface this summer, I think that I'd rather miss a few matches because of rain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 11/23/2013, 8:11 pm

how often does you son play league games in the summer

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/23/2013, 10:01 pm

Find me ONE serious player that prefers turf over grass. Soccer is meant to be played on grass not plastic coated concrete. No they should not invest in turf fields.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 11/23/2013, 10:16 pm

don't get me wrong i prefer grass but the counties need to start allowing playing time on the fields and to stop worry about how pretty they look.

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/24/2013, 10:21 am

Has nothing to do with how they look but rather how they play. Playing on wet fields tear up turf and leave deep divets and indentures in field. I have seen high school age teams shred a wet field in one game. The field then dries out and the damage becomes permanent. The fields then are rough and the grass gets spotty as there is no recovery time in season. The cost of reseeding and smoothing whole complexes is much higher than any income generated by the leagues using them. Most people do not realize the cost associated with developing and maintaining large complexes. This is why we rely on city owned complexes.  Are you willing to pay higher fees or taxes so nice fields can get shredded vs cancelling games ?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/24/2013, 12:47 pm

I guess if serious soccer parents were the only ones being taxed for city owned fields then we could play regardless of conditions and suffer the consequence. But the tax expense related to maintaining the fields is spread throughout the community among many who could care less whether kids play or not. So, maybe in the spirit of TG we should be thankful for what we have and respect the unbiased decisions made to close the fields.

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/25/2013, 2:38 pm

This past weekend was perfect soccer weather. If the cities/clubs are going to close their fields and keep our money, then parents should stop supporting tournaments scheduled during the rainy season.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 11/25/2013, 4:38 pm

my2cents wrote:Has nothing to do with how they look but rather how they play. Playing on wet fields tear up turf and leave deep divets and indentures in field. I have seen high school age teams shred a wet field in one game. The field then dries out and the damage becomes permanent. The fields then are rough and the grass gets spotty as there is no recovery time in season. The cost of reseeding and smoothing whole complexes is much higher than any income generated by the leagues using them. Most people do not realize the cost associated with developing and maintaining large complexes. This is why we rely on city owned complexes.  Are you willing to pay higher fees or taxes so nice fields can get shredded vs cancelling games ?
Yes.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 11/25/2013, 7:34 pm

finish1 wrote:This past weekend was perfect soccer weather. If the cities/clubs are going to close their fields and keep our money, then parents should stop supporting tournaments scheduled during the rainy season.
it's the cities that close the fields and the clubs that keep the money (but not all the money). I think we should be grateful instead that the cities are spending tax money to provide citizens with soccer fields. and if they want to close the fields, it's their decision. And no, it was not perfect soccer weather: the fields were socked with rain.

Last edited by Laroja_2012 on 11/25/2013, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 11/25/2013, 8:33 pm

in certain countries and even states in america that is perfect soccer weather

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 11/25/2013, 9:23 pm

scooney wrote:in certain countries and even states in america that is perfect soccer weather
very true. but those countries and states do not experience the hot weather and drought of Texas. the grass of soccer fields, actually any grass, has a very tough life here in Texas.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 11/25/2013, 9:55 pm

they also have real soil and not gumbo clay that soaks up the water

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/26/2013, 10:41 am

I played in Houston as a teen in the 70's in the rain, sleet and even ice. Maybe STX prepares the fields for wet weather better than NTX.

Here is an idea for tournaments played during the rainy season. Put the money into a bank account and let the tournament draft half the money at registration and the other half when the first game of the tournament is played to completion.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/26/2013, 12:01 pm

finish1 wrote:I played in Houston as a teen in the 70's in the rain, sleet and even ice. Maybe STX prepares the fields for wet weather better than NTX.

Here is an idea for tournaments played during the rainy season. Put the money into a bank account and let the tournament draft half the money at registration and the other half when the first game of the tournament is played to completion.
not a lot of special houston "groundskeeping" going on. it's called, replace your divot after games and next weekend it has re-rooted itself. totally diff climate in dallas. i don't think anyone is saying that rainy even cold weather is a reason not to play. EXCEPT FOR THE FIELD CONDITIONS. quit trying to change things you can't control. DON'T PLAN ON PLAYING IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE OCCASIONAL WEATHER CANCELLATION LMAO bounce bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/26/2013, 12:27 pm

Does anyone remember name of the tournament that cancelled this past Spring due to a knee jerk reaction to weather?

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/26/2013, 12:50 pm

finish1 wrote:Does anyone remember name of the tournament that cancelled this past Spring due to a knee jerk reaction to weather?

if it was in dallas area, it wasn't knee jerk. what people need to understand IS, this is the way municipalities choose to protect their fields OR screw soccer people over (if you will). get over it!!!!!!!
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/26/2013, 12:56 pm

finish1 wrote:I played in Houston as a teen in the 70's in the rain, sleet and even ice. Maybe STX prepares the fields for wet weather better than NTX.

Been down to Houston a few times for Premier League and those fields were crap. Austin for Labor Day, again CRAP, literally looked like a mowed pasture. I have been in Antonio too, poor as well. I have not been to any STX complex that is even as good as Richland, forget comparing them to the FCD complex (Toyota now right?)

Overall I think NTX has much better fields on average than of most of the places my select travels have taken me. If that means shutting them down vs shredding them then so be it.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/26/2013, 1:03 pm

my2cents wrote:

Been down to Houston a few times for Premier League and those fields were crap. Austin for Labor Day, again CRAP, literally looked like a mowed pasture. I have been in Antonio too, poor as well. I have not been to any STX complex that is even as good as Richland, forget comparing them to the FCD complex (Toyota now right?)

Overall I think NTX has much better fields on average than of most of the places my select travels have taken me. If that means shutting them down vs shredding them then so be it.
cheers bounce cheers 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/26/2013, 1:11 pm

finish1 wrote:Does anyone remember name of the tournament that cancelled this past Spring due to a knee jerk reaction to weather?
I think I remember the one you're talking about.  Didn't it rain for 45 minutes hard on a Friday afternoon, then the tournament got quickly cancelled, and then it turned into one of the nicest weather weekends of the Spring?  Wasn't it something like that?

Last edited by bigtex75081 on 11/26/2013, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/26/2013, 2:13 pm

TX Lightning Puma Cup
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 11/26/2013, 2:53 pm

my2cents wrote:

Completely agree. I haven't seen all that STX has to offer, but the one's I've seen are terrible. I think the term "mowed pasture" sums it up.
I've heard people complain about Lake Park, Blue Sky, Dynamic Youth Goat Ranch, etc. But all of those are better than any fields I've seen
in Houston.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 11/26/2013, 4:23 pm

moveyourfeet wrote:
my2cents wrote:

Completely agree. I haven't seen all that STX has to offer, but the one's I've seen are terrible. I think the term "mowed pasture" sums it up.
I've heard people complain about Lake Park, Blue Sky, Dynamic Youth Goat Ranch, etc. But all of those are better than any fields I've seen
in Houston.
Agree.... been to Houston 4 years running and kid played on one single field that I would call nice.. and more than I care to think that I would call horrible.... some even beyond ridiculous ( low tree branches overhanging the field by 10 feet).
not a fan of artificial either, but I'd take it over the Houston fields we've seen.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 11/26/2013, 4:33 pm

We played once on fields in Katy. It was so bad. I'd say about 20% grass, 30% weeds, 50% dirt.
Then it rained (and oh yes, we played through it just like everyone wants on the boards) and the
field turned to mud and the remaining grass/weeds combo got torn up.

Turned into ugly, ugly soccer. Couldn't wait to get back to NTX.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next