Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 CL D1 Bye Predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 CL D1 Bye Predictions

+4
Cranky
ontheway
Crochet
Blitzed
8 posters

Go down

96 CL D1 Bye Predictions Empty 96 CL D1 Bye Predictions

Post by Guest 3/15/2010, 1:04 pm

It looks like Texas Titans earned their bye this weekend with their victory over SR. Two questions:
1. There have been rumors all year that Titans will not re-make. Any confirmation or denial?
2. Out of the 3 DT teams fighting it out at the bottom of D1, who do you think gets the bye? The schedule for next weekend is interesting where it may go down to the wire:
DTRS vs Tejanos on Sat and then DTRW on Sun
DTW vs SR on Sat and then Solar on Sun
DTRW vs Titans on Sat and then DTRS on Sun

Back to top Go down

96 CL D1 Bye Predictions Empty Re: 96 CL D1 Bye Predictions

Post by Blitzed 3/15/2010, 1:36 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:It looks like Texas Titans earned their bye this weekend with their victory over SR. Two questions:
1. There have been rumors all year that Titans will not re-make. Any confirmation or denial?

Under the current rules, what is there to re-make? The Titans have a bye to D1 so the club will field a team even if it has 18 brand new players. Or am I missing something?

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 3/15/2010, 6:55 pm

Admittedly, an interesting reversal of fortunes for the D1 Texans teams in this age group. The Red team has dropped to 4th and is out of contention for 1st and 2 of the 3 other teams are going to be relegated.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontheway 3/15/2010, 8:49 pm

I'll take a stab at it. My prediction is that things stay the way they are for 8, 9, and 10 in 96 division. I don't see Texans Red West winning both games this weekend at all. I don't think White will win one tie one, AND have South lose both games. It is unfortunate for these 3 teams to all be in the same club and sitting at the bottom. If they would combine the best [;ayers of each of these three I think they could give the Texans Red team a challenge of which team would be top. That will never happen though. Club won't lose the money in having 4 full teams in Classic. I also think the Red West and White teams will fall apart. I heard Red South squeaked into Dallas Cup, so they will most likely stay in tact and pick up a few good additions this summer.
I do remember at the begining of the fall season that the White team lost 4-5 boys at the last minute to FCD. Red West was saying that they would be finishing 4th or 5th of Classic, and South would never make it. Interesting thoughts .. . . South is in Dallas Cup ( I think), White picked up some rec players at the last minute and gave it a good try, and Red West found out running with the big dogs isn't as easy as they assumed.
The question in my mind really is . . . .does any of this matter? Won't the opportunity to play in Academy make a complete mess of this age group anyway? What will really happen? 96 CL D1 Bye Predictions Affraid

ontheway
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 3/16/2010, 7:26 am

You are right. It doesnt matter. This age group will have an entirely new look next year. Two (or more) of these teams will fall apart. Remaining teams (including the big 4) will look very different as some boys move onto Academy and some will quit. Ive seen it happen before during the U14 to U15 transition year when boys go into high school. Some decide to quit soccer altogether and some just play in high school.
Big changes ahead.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cranky 3/16/2010, 7:54 am

Crochet wrote:You are right. It doesnt matter. This age group will have an entirely new look next year. Two (or more) of these teams will fall apart. Remaining teams (including the big 4) will look very different as some boys move onto Academy and some will quit. Ive seen it happen before during the U14 to U15 transition year when boys go into high school. Some decide to quit soccer altogether and some just play in high school.
Big changes ahead.

With Academy coming the top 95's playing in the 96 age group, due to their B-Day, will be looking at, trying out for and possibly leaving Classic to play at the Academy level. If FC Dallas holds true, they will blow up the current 96 FCD team to create another JR's program ie. 95 FCD Jr's. In my opinion, D1 will have a new look to it. The up side is, young men at the lower levels will have a chance to show what they can do in D1.

Cranky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/16/2010, 8:28 am

ontheway wrote:I'll take a stab at it. My prediction is that things stay the way they are for 8, 9, and 10 in 96 division. I don't see Texans Red West winning both games this weekend at all. I don't think White will win one tie one, AND have South lose both games. It is unfortunate for these 3 teams to all be in the same club and sitting at the bottom. If they would combine the best [;ayers of each of these three I think they could give the Texans Red team a challenge of which team would be top. That will never happen though. Club won't lose the money in having 4 full teams in Classic. I also think the Red West and White teams will fall apart. I heard Red South squeaked into Dallas Cup, so they will most likely stay in tact and pick up a few good additions this summer.
I do remember at the begining of the fall season that the White team lost 4-5 boys at the last minute to FCD. Red West was saying that they would be finishing 4th or 5th of Classic, and South would never make it. Interesting thoughts .. . . South is in Dallas Cup ( I think), White picked up some rec players at the last minute and gave it a good try, and Red West found out running with the big dogs isn't as easy as they assumed.
The question in my mind really is . . . .does any of this matter? Won't the opportunity to play in Academy make a complete mess of this age group anyway? What will really happen? 96 CL D1 Bye Predictions Affraid
Texans South is in Dallas Cup because the Texans are now the hosting club for the tournament.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 3/17/2010, 10:27 am

So does that mean the PL teams will not play classic D1 next year ?....or will the PL players only play for PL causing the D1 teams to fill their empty roster spots?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/17/2010, 10:37 am

Why are you asking that question? Premier League has worked around Classic League's schedule. This year the 93's had PL and CL.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 3/17/2010, 11:15 am

ok...let me re-phrase that .....does that mean academy players will not stay with their D1/PL teams....and does that mean the D1/PL teams will need to fill their emptied spots
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/17/2010, 2:45 pm

CH1 wrote:ok...let me re-phrase that .....does that mean academy players will not stay with their D1/PL teams....and does that mean the D1/PL teams will need to fill their emptied spots
My suggestion is to drink a few beers and toast St. Patrick and forget about youth soccer for the day.
If you choose to ignore that advice, here is my understanding/thoughts:

• The general rule is that fully rostered players on USSDA U15/U16 and U17/U18 teams are not allowed to play in Classic or Premier League (sanctioned by US Youth Soccer).
  • Some of this USSDA teams have "developmental players" that participate primarily in Classic League and make occasional appearances in USSDA games. I think there is supposed to be a limt in the number of USSDA games for developmental players, but I am not sure what the number is or how it is policed.
  • So far there are no "official" USSDA U13/U14 teams. FC Dallas made an unofficial version this year with their FC Dallas Juniors U15 team that plays in Classic League.
  • For Classic League the club keeps the bye unless 75% exception rule is met by the temam to move clubs or the club can't field a team for the bye.
  • To keep a Premier League bye you have to have OVER 50% of your players return. So if you had 17 on your roster you need 9 back from your existing team to keep your Premier League bye.

96 CL D1 Bye Predictions Drunken_smilie
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/17/2010, 3:16 pm

The 14/15 juniors are slated to play in a "pre-academy" league. It is sanctioned by a different organization but has connections to USSDA. It has not made it to our area yet but is scheduled too. I believe I saw one of the teams playing in the Dallas cup listed as a pre academy team.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down