Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

02 Challenge Tournament - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 Challenge Tournament

+18
Quicker02
Fanofson
copa44
34blast
Beast_04
tpitty
02BBDad
cochese
Soccer27
Marvelousmar
manufan20
soccerfan39
debit
GDWilly
R1
heyyouguys
jltx1
Soccerdad47
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

02 Challenge Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 Challenge Tournament

Post by R1 5/19/2014, 5:43 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:
R1 wrote:Top two teams from each bracket live to play again the next weekend.  

Predictions for week 1:  

Bracket A (Texans Red Sth, Wizards)
DALLAS TEXANS 02B RED STH
AMARILLO LIGHTNING SC 02 BOYS
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 02B
TEXAS ALLIANCE BOCA JUNIORS 02

Bracket B (Manchester Red Devils, FC Dallas West).  
001) MANCHESTER RED DEVILS 02
002) TEXAS SPORTING 02 NORTH RANGEL
003) FC DALLAS YOUTH 02B WEST
004) ANDROMEDA FC 02B

Bracket C (Hurst United and Clockwork)
001) FC PREMIER 02B FORZI
002) HURST UNITED S A HURST UNITED 02B BLACK
003) TEXAS TOROS SC TEXAS TOROS 02B (PREV CHIVAS USA)
004) CLOCKWORK 02

Bracket D (Andro Red, Strikers)
001) ANDROMEDA FC 02B RED
002) NORTH TEXAS STRIKERS 02 BOYS WHITE
003) TEXAS SPORTING 02 NORTH WILLIAMS
004) BARCELONA (MSA) BARCELONA 02

Bracket E  (Revolution, Aztecas)
001) MANSFIELD REVOLUTION SC MANSFIELD REVOLUTION 02 BOYS
002) SUPERIOR SC AZTECAS 02B
003) DALLAS TEXANS 02 BOYS NORTH
004) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02 BOYS SHANKLY

Bracket F (Andro West, FC Dallas Blue)
001) FC DALLAS YOUTH 02B BLUE
003) ANDROMEDA FC 02B WEST
005) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02 BOYS ST. JOHN

Bracket G (Genesis, Liverpool Barnes)
004) GENESIS FC 02B
002) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02 BOYS BARNES
006) HPSA SCOTS 02BC

Ahh Predictions,  I would say I agree with 4 of your 7 of your bracket predictions that's not bad for Vegas. (1 of them I really dislike)   At the end of the day they are 12 year old boys and to Pick the 14 that make it to next week would be a challenge to say the least. Interesting to see if any of the wise ones on the board can get 14/14.  I'm saying it probably 12/14 would be the highmark.

Don't go losing your money in Vegas on my picks . . . lol.

Upon closer inspection, I'll give FC Dallas West the 2nd spot in bracket B.

R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/19/2014, 6:00 pm

R1 wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:
R1 wrote:Top two teams from each bracket live to play again the next weekend.  

Predictions for week 1:  

Bracket A (Texans Red Sth, Wizards)
DALLAS TEXANS 02B RED STH
AMARILLO LIGHTNING SC 02 BOYS
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 02B
TEXAS ALLIANCE BOCA JUNIORS 02

Bracket B (Manchester Red Devils, FC Dallas West).  
001) MANCHESTER RED DEVILS 02
002) TEXAS SPORTING 02 NORTH RANGEL
003) FC DALLAS YOUTH 02B WEST
004) ANDROMEDA FC 02B

Bracket C (Hurst United and Clockwork)
001) FC PREMIER 02B FORZI
002) HURST UNITED S A HURST UNITED 02B BLACK
003) TEXAS TOROS SC TEXAS TOROS 02B (PREV CHIVAS USA)
004) CLOCKWORK 02

Bracket D (Andro Red, Strikers)
001) ANDROMEDA FC 02B RED
002) NORTH TEXAS STRIKERS 02 BOYS WHITE
003) TEXAS SPORTING 02 NORTH WILLIAMS
004) BARCELONA (MSA) BARCELONA 02

Bracket E  (Revolution, Aztecas)
001) MANSFIELD REVOLUTION SC MANSFIELD REVOLUTION 02 BOYS
002) SUPERIOR SC AZTECAS 02B
003) DALLAS TEXANS 02 BOYS NORTH
004) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02 BOYS SHANKLY

Bracket F (Andro West, FC Dallas Blue)
001) FC DALLAS YOUTH 02B BLUE
003) ANDROMEDA FC 02B WEST
005) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02 BOYS ST. JOHN

Bracket G (Genesis, Liverpool Barnes)
004) GENESIS FC 02B
002) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02 BOYS BARNES
006) HPSA SCOTS 02BC

Ahh Predictions,  I would say I agree with 4 of your 7 of your bracket predictions that's not bad for Vegas. (1 of them I really dislike)   At the end of the day they are 12 year old boys and to Pick the 14 that make it to next week would be a challenge to say the least. Interesting to see if any of the wise ones on the board can get 14/14.  I'm saying it probably 12/14 would be the highmark.

Don't go losing your money in Vegas on my picks . . . lol.

Upon closer inspection, I'll give FC Dallas West the 2nd spot in bracket B.  

LOL. Still only like 4/7 of your picks. However, as they say I am probably a little biased.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02BBDad 5/19/2014, 7:42 pm

Our school district has a winter make up day on Monday. I wish that the scheduler would consider such things before scheduling Monday matches.

02BBDad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 5/20/2014, 10:12 am

02BBDad wrote:Our school district has a winter make up day on Monday.  I wish that the scheduler would consider such things before scheduling Monday matches.

Hopefully he is the stud for the team we play, and you do the right thing and make him go to school. Education comes first  Laughing 
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

02 Challenge Tournament - Page 2 Empty So far so...

Post by Beast_04 5/24/2014, 8:41 pm

So day 1 is done. Anybody have a take on how the day went? Any surprises?
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 5/24/2014, 9:52 pm

Here is a link to the U12 Boys standings
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=38548&GroupID=354127&Gender=Boys&Age=12

I don't see any surprises yet

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad47 5/26/2014, 1:06 am

Will the games get rained out tomorrow?

Soccerdad47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2014, 11:37 am

34blast wrote:Here is a link to the U12 Boys standings
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=38548&GroupID=354127&Gender=Boys&Age=12

I would say that Barca MSA upset teams.  They should have been ranked last, but the committee confused them with the PPL 2 Barca.  They had some tall boys, so it seems that they had a strong recruiting class in March/April.  Or maybe they were shorter when I saw them last. Regardless, they did well, and should do well next week. Good for them.  Other than that, there were some individual match upset by LP teams, but no other clear upsets in who goes to next week, I think.

Last edited by snjn1ab on 5/26/2014, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/26/2014, 12:34 pm

snjn1ab wrote:

I would say that Barca MSA upset teams.  They should have been ranked last, but the committee confused them with the PPL 2 Barca.  They had some tall boys, so it seems that they had a strong recruiting class in March/April.  Or maybe they were shorter when I saw them last.  Regardless, they did well, and should do well next week. Good for them.  Other than that, there were some individual match upset by LP teams, but no other clear upsets in who goes to next week, I think.

As I sit here trying to figure out what happened I have to tip my hat off to Barca.  It was a heck of a match.  I though it went back and forth and it was ours to win.  We gave up a corner ( we suck at set pieces should never have happened) we gave up another goal 3 minutes later and found our self down 2-0 early.  Evened it back up early in the second to make it 2-2.  Now in a match like that with us pressing hard, a scrum goes on in front of the box with about 7-8 kids and my keeper gets called for taken someones legs out.  Centre didn't see it kids didn't see it but the AR saw it. PK ends a hard fought game between our two sides.  Wish we had 10 minutes more in both games felt like we were bringing the kitchen sink.  Also wished a game like that isn't settled by a man in yellow but hey it's our fault the ball was sitting in the box for what seemed like 15 seconds and nobody wanted to get rid of it.  Not sure if we would have gotten the go ahead if that didn't happen. However, the boys were going to go down trying.  About them being taller then they were when you last saw them, for my side everyone is getting taller except my team,  dang what are the rest of you guys feeding your kids so I can get some of that size.  I know in time it will all even out and my group of late babies will catch up.  Again I didn't think the size players made the difference ( maybe on the corner a little)  They played well got the win and it's back to Plano for us once again.  Now let me go and hide under a rock for a moment I am wishing Barca all the luck next week.  Coach was first class on the side lines,  boys played clean and if their being totally honest know that PK probably shouldn't have been a PK.  However, that's how soccer goes, Back to the drawing board.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad47 5/26/2014, 2:04 pm

Assuming everybody plays on Friday again. How soon are the new schedules posted?

Soccerdad47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by manufan20 5/26/2014, 3:20 pm

I'm guessing there will be 3 games over Saturday and Sunday. Probably two 4 team brackets and two 3 team brackets. First and seconds from each bracket go to D3.

manufan20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 5/26/2014, 4:44 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:

I would say that Barca MSA upset teams.  They should have been ranked last, but the committee confused them with the PPL 2 Barca.  They had some tall boys, so it seems that they had a strong recruiting class in March/April.  Or maybe they were shorter when I saw them last.  Regardless, they did well, and should do well next week. Good for them.  Other than that, there were some individual match upset by LP teams, but no other clear upsets in who goes to next week, I think.

As I sit here trying to figure out what happened I have to tip my hat off to Barca.  It was a heck of a match.  I though it went back and forth and it was ours to win.  We gave up a corner ( we suck at set pieces should never have happened) we gave up another goal 3 minutes later and found our self down 2-0 early.  Evened it back up early in the second to make it 2-2.  Now in a match like that with us pressing hard, a scrum goes on in front of the box with about 7-8 kids and my keeper gets called for taken someones legs out.  Centre didn't see it kids didn't see it but the AR saw it. PK ends a hard fought game between our two sides.  Wish we had 10 minutes more in both games felt like we were bringing the kitchen sink.  Also wished a game like that isn't settled by a man in yellow but hey it's our fault the ball was sitting in the box for what seemed like 15 seconds and nobody wanted to get rid of it.  Not sure if we would have gotten the go ahead if that didn't happen. However, the boys were going to go down trying.  About them being taller then they were when you last saw them, for my side everyone is getting taller except my team,  dang what are the rest of you guys feeding your kids so I can get some of that size.  I know in time it will all even out and my group of late babies will catch up.  Again I didn't think the size players made the difference ( maybe on the corner a little)  They played well got the win and it's back to Plano for us once again.  Now let me go and hide under a rock for a moment I am wishing Barca all the luck next week.  Coach was first class on the side lines,  boys played clean and if their being totally honest know that PK probably shouldn't have been a PK.  However, that's how soccer goes, Back to the drawing board.

so no shirt again....  Twisted Evil 
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/26/2014, 5:35 pm

tpitty wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:

so no shirt again....  Twisted Evil 

No shirt no shoes no dice. Tpitty your my new motivation. I need to get you a shirt. Hey as a 16 seed I knew we had our work ahead of us. Just a little short. maube
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 5/26/2014, 6:16 pm

Marvelousmar you are, as always, a class act. We didn't have the pleasure of playing you this weekend but I'm sad that you didn't make it through. You have a good group of kiddos, wish you luck in the future.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/26/2014, 9:20 pm

copa44 wrote:Marvelousmar you are, as always, a class act.  We didn't have the pleasure of playing you this weekend but I'm sad that you didn't make it through.  You have a good group of kiddos, wish you luck in the future.

Thanks Copa44 for the kind words. Your sad try looking into the eyes of 17 boys that poured their heart into the match today and into this last season to come up so close.  That was a tough one for a lot of them to swallow, for their coach to swallow.  But in the might words of Kelly Clarkson.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.    Unfortunately, probably for the next few weeks it's going to take me some time to believe it.  Good luck to the rest of the 02's next weekend.  Hopefully our other Texas Sporting team gets in.  Maybe then Tpitty  will wear a Lime Green Shirt.  I'll be out there next week supporting our group as they try to make the final 8.  

BTW I just went back and looked back at my bracket for picks I went 13/14.  Dang you Barca..... Twisted Evil 

I'll get over it but this board is serving as medicine for the sick.

Last edited by Marvelousmar on 5/27/2014, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 5/27/2014, 11:44 am

soccerfan39 wrote:No dog in the hunt. That's the stupidest excuse I see everywhere. Here is another one. " my friends son", anything but their kid. Lol

Who is this world would want to spend time or their weekend watching other kids play other than your kid. I know I won't so let's quit the "No dog in this hunt crap"

What a self obsessed idiot. Let's see my sports options, a Texas Rangers team who although this weekend showed some life and who's season is still on life support, watching some guys hit a little white ball then stand around 20 minutes until they can take another swing at Colonial. A young FC Dallas team still trying to find it's identity....

As a local soccer organization's president, a referee, and as a coach I take alot enjoyment from watching youth soccer games even when my son is not playing. We go watch friends who have games, players I have coached, and sometimes just because a matchup looks interesting. I would rather watch a youth soccer game to many of the professional sports options in this area.

I also volunteer at Dallas Cup each year at Richland, just to watch games on Friday of the tournament.

I know many people who are like me and see them at games they "do not have a dog in" other than just an enjoyment of watching players play for the love of the beautiful game.
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad47 5/27/2014, 12:26 pm

I'm guessing the round 2 schedules won't be published until a few of the other age groups finish up their games tonight. Can't wait to see the mix up!

Soccerdad47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by manufan20 5/27/2014, 12:29 pm

Yes I'm waiting here also to find out our bracket and schedule for this weekend. Should be some good games this weekend.

manufan20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 5/27/2014, 1:22 pm

Marvelousmar, your boys did play their hearts out in that game, congrats on a game well played.  As the dad of one the taller (and he is also one of the younger) boys on the Barca team I can tell you that I feed him whatever I can find, it seems like he never stops eating. Mad Sorry we ruined your brackets. I'll definitely be rooting for your other group to do well (unless it is against us) Very Happy 

We have had the same boys since we formed the team last year, they are all just growing up.  Our very first game together when we formed this team, we lost 10 - 0, which made us kind of nervous.  The boys have put in a lot of work over the last year, and whether we make it through after next weekend or not, we are all very proud of the the job they and the coach have done this year to get where we are to this point.
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/27/2014, 1:42 pm

Beast_04 wrote:Marvelousmar, your boys did play their hearts out in that game, congrats on a game well played.  As the dad of one the taller (and he is also one of the younger) boys on the Barca team I can tell you that I feed him whatever I can find, it seems like he never stops eating. Mad Sorry we ruined your brackets. I'll definitely be rooting for your other group to do well (unless it is against us) Very Happy 

We have had the same boys since we formed the team last year, they are all just growing up.  Our very first game together when we formed this team, we lost 10 - 0, which made us kind of nervous.  The boys have put in a lot of work over the last year, and whether we make it through after next weekend or not, we are all very proud of the the job they and the coach have done this year to get where we are to this point.

Thanks Beast, and I'll be pulling for you guys as well. (unless they play our other team have to pull for Rangel) It was fun seeing the battle of our number 11 go against your son. ( I think the little guy took advantage of him a couple of times but I am a little biased) Your son did a great job of closing down space on a few times that we got in behind you in the second half. Oh how I wish they were 35 minut halves. Honestly loved everything about the game with the exception of the final result and the way a game fought that hard where they let both sides play throughout not messing up the flow was settled the way it was. Good set of boys you have there, and my summer trainning program will involve, big macs for my forwards, milk for my midfielders, and all you can eat buffets for everyone. Were small but they have a big heart love the game. Lot's of life lessons that came out of that one. They say talking about it is good for you. Who the heck are they, everytime I talk about it, I see three plays pass in front of my eyes again and again and again. MM. What are those stages of death, maybe I am still stuck in the denial phase. I suffered the Anger Phase when I almost put my foot into the plex glass ( Not my best moment but you have to understand) Next week I'll get to Acceptance.

We start Training again Next Tuesday for those looking for a team by the way, Open Practices PM if interested ( okay a little shameless marketing it's that time of year)
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/27/2014, 1:45 pm

Beast_04 wrote:Marvelousmar, your boys did play their hearts out in that game, congrats on a game well played.  As the dad of one the taller (and he is also one of the younger) boys on the Barca team I can tell you that I feed him whatever I can find, it seems like he never stops eating. Mad Sorry we ruined your brackets. I'll definitely be rooting for your other group to do well (unless it is against us) Very Happy 

I think that I saw your BBs second or third match in the PPL QT last summer, and I was able to watch some of the Andro Red match this past weekend. Great job by your boys, the coach, and the parents to develop the team over that time period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/27/2014, 1:51 pm

snjn1ab you choose to watch our worst match. We were supposed to play a 5-3-2 but it looked more like a 5-0-5. The middle was so open I thought you could park an 18 wheeler out there. Gave Andro's difference maker enough time to take out his sand wedge, put it back into his bag, take out his putter measure the grade before taking a shot or finding a pass. It was insane. I will give you one for sure and a big ups to my parents, they have been the best through this process, we have developed well over the past year, though not getting the results yet I think that will happen next year. Heck maybe our next Tourney. Now that Tpitty has given me a reason. I think my next pre-game speech will include something about a lime green shirt for Tpitty.  Very Happy 
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad47 5/28/2014, 10:45 am

Round 2 accepted teams posted on the website. Schedules should be next.

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.asp?eventid=39606

Soccerdad47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad47 5/28/2014, 11:50 pm

Schedules!!

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=39606&Gender=Boys&Age=12

Soccerdad47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicker02 5/29/2014, 10:10 am

I'm trying to understand the rationale on the brackets. Classic teams set up to eliminate each other. Challenge teams trying to qualify in their own bracket. Really?

Quicker02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 5/29/2014, 10:13 am

All they did was seed everyone based on the Round 1 point totals... thus Genesis is 1st seed, and going down... looks like any ties were then based on their original seeding.

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next