Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Day 1 - Classic League Challenge Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Day 1 - Classic League Challenge

+6
muc03b
hanallalone
soccerdad68
unclegio
PremierLeagueFan
SoccerIsFun
10 posters

Go down

Day 1 - Classic League Challenge Empty Day 1 - Classic League Challenge

Post by SoccerIsFun 5/24/2014, 11:17 am

Any thoughts on todays games?  Surprises?

SoccerIsFun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Day 1 - Classic League Challenge Empty Re: Day 1 - Classic League Challenge

Post by PremierLeagueFan 5/24/2014, 1:21 pm

My upset list for today:

DTS Red (close game)
DFW Tejanos (Tigres played stronger than I imagined)

2 days left of must win games for these 2 teams.

So far so good, the top teams are not messing around this year and I am glad to see that because week 2 is gonna be an even bigger pressure cooker.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by unclegio 5/24/2014, 3:24 pm

There are a few #1s and #2s playing Sunday. Those will be interesting games.

unclegio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 5/24/2014, 4:30 pm

Dallas Tigres over DFW Tejanos was surprising.  I thought all of the APL teams seemed pretty good coming in, but to have the #1 APL team lose this one really puts them on the ropes as they have to beat a solid DT Red team on Mon.   DT Red over TASC 9-0 was surprising.  Not the win for DT, but goal difference as they have been more of a defensive team and TASC has been pretty good defensively as well.   I thought one of the better match-ups in day one was LP Callaghan and AFC Black.  AFC's 6-0 win was very surprising and should give them the confidence for a strong run.   Bracket A is going to be a nail-biter.  Don't count DT Red South out yet after the loss to Real GP and FCD Central White looks good enough to ruin someone's weekend.  Juventus, the #1 seed overall, will have it tough getting through.

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by unclegio 5/24/2014, 5:26 pm

#9 vs #16. A 2 all tie. I bet that was exciting.

unclegio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 5/25/2014, 8:29 am

Bracket A is no cake walk... I agree, tough road to win with 4 very strong teams... Very potent bracket that will ultimately sideline 2 teams that could have possibly made it to Classic if they played in another bracket... Same thing happened to a few deserving teams last year in the QT... Good luck everyone!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 5/25/2014, 3:37 pm

Wow...midland Chivas 2-3 FC Premier...leave it to the officials to decide the outcome of the game..two trash calls that were PKs. 11 minutes extra time in the second half!! Tells us 25 seconds left but lets it go another 2 minutes. It seems that when West Texas teams come and expose these "Classic-level" teams, we start to play 11v14 in the opponents favor. The best thing I heard today
Parent- "are you gonna let them play until they score? (9 minutes into extra time with minimal injuries and subs)
Referee- "yes"
FC premier scores in the 71st minute and the whistle blows shortly thereafter..

Stay classy!!

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by unclegio 5/25/2014, 5:41 pm

Lots of 1 seeds vs 2 seeds for a spot in classic league. It will be a great day of soccer!!!

unclegio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 5/25/2014, 6:07 pm

muc03b wrote:Wow...midland Chivas 2-3 FC Premier...leave it to the officials to decide the outcome of the game..two trash calls that were PKs. 11 minutes extra time in the second half!! Tells us 25 seconds left but lets it go another 2 minutes. It seems that when West Texas teams come and expose these "Classic-level" teams, we start to play 11v14 in the opponents favor. The best thing I heard today
Parent- "are you gonna let them play until they score? (9 minutes into extra time with minimal injuries and subs)
Referee- "yes"
FC premier scores in the 71st minute and the whistle blows shortly thereafter..

Stay classy!!

You are so full of crap. I was at that game scouting a new team for my BB. 2 minutes of injury time which was appropriate. First PK was a good call. PK scored. Second was close but they missed it anyways. CR did suck but he sucked both ways. Great last minute goal for FC Premier from about 22 yards out. FC Premier dominated most of the game.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 5/25/2014, 6:32 pm

Wow.  Dominated?? Sure. They definitely boomed the ball to #9 and #4 every chance they got. We didn't play boom ball, so yes..In that aspect they did that a lot better!! Why not put together a pass or two??  I'm sure you started your watch to keep up with time...

Last edited by muc03b on 5/25/2014, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit)

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktbug 5/25/2014, 7:29 pm

odie1993, glad you were at the game but not sure you were watching the same game I did?!? Since when have they ever allowed for injury time in tournament? & what injuries might you be referring too??? Also when did soccer become american football where kids can block other kids?? You are suppose to play the ball..not the player!! Didn't happen today! That FC team played dirty & if that's the kind of kids you are scouting then more power to ya!! The Chivas were the dominate team & if you are any kind of coach and are scouting kids you should realize that?!? Seriously!!

Ktbug
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RealSoccer 5/25/2014, 8:03 pm

Also when did soccer become american football where kids can block other kids?? You are suppose to play the ball..not the player!!

FYI Ktbug,  I am not sure if you familiar with the Laws of Soccer but it is quite legal to shield the ball from the opposing player and block him/her from getting to the ball.  It's done quite a bit at the higher levels of play.  Being a Coach and Referee I find it amusing the cry's from the sidelines from parents about fouls that are actually smart play from the players.

I did not see the game but it sounds like it was quite entertaining.
RealSoccer
RealSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktbug 5/25/2014, 8:22 pm

FYI Ktbug, I am not sure if you familiar with the Laws of Soccer but it is quite legal to shield the ball from the opposing player and block him/her from getting to the ball. It's done quite a bit at the higher levels of play. Being a Coach and Referee I find it amusing the cry's from the sidelines from parents about fouls that are actually smart play from the players.

Wish you had been there because you would have realized that what they were doing was obstructing the ball...not playing smart soccer!!! There is a difference & I do understand that difference! Little hard to speculate what happened when you were not there, but thanks for the comment!

Ktbug
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RealSoccer 5/26/2014, 12:38 am

. . . they were doing was obstructing the ball . . .

Not speculating, I just took what you said had occurred and tried to educate you. By the reply above you confirmed that they were within playing distance of the ball therefore they had every right to "obstruct the ball". Most parents did not grow up with Soccer as it is called in America and therefore do not understand the Laws of the game. I understand your a little emotional from your BB losing, I understand.

There's always next game! If I were you I would teach your BB how to obstruct the ball also that way he could learn the same tactic. Best of luck on the third game!
RealSoccer
RealSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Footy2014 5/26/2014, 3:13 pm

Liverpool St John is a surprise. Really thought they would move forward in the first round.

Anyone know score of Jeventus last game?

The mighty mighty NT Strikers maybe not be so mighty when they play a classic team.

And it looks like Midland will get a crack at it next week after all the crying they did last game. I didn't see that game , but seems like it was action packed. Good luck!

Footy2014
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down