Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

+12
finish1
moveyourfeet
Number13
PremierLeagueFan
debit
cityslicker61
Good1stTouch
soccerfamily
Soccersoccer
odie1993
allen04
tommyjr817
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  Empty Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

Post by tommyjr817 5/29/2014, 11:33 am

Www.ntxsoccer.org/tournaments/2014seedingshowdown.aspx

Are teams planning on doing this? I haven't seen anything mentioned about it on here. They want to have a tournament to decide seeding for the league qualifying tournaments. Does anyone have details on this or know if this will be their only source for seeding they use now?

tommyjr817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  Empty Re: Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

Post by allen04 5/29/2014, 12:00 pm

How would you seed for the seeding tournament?

serious answers only
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  Empty Re: Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

Post by odie1993 5/29/2014, 12:03 pm

King Tut and the other Pyramid holders will not be happy about this...
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyjr817 5/29/2014, 12:06 pm

allen04 wrote:How would you seed for the seeding tournament?  

serious answers only

Valid question. I'm curious as well. We haven't heard much at all about this. Wonder why nobody has mentioned it.

tommyjr817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccersoccer 5/29/2014, 1:00 pm

I believe Coach F***EY, I mean 4LuvoftheGame does those. Just like Super Copa!!

Soccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfamily 5/29/2014, 2:22 pm

Spoke to NTX they said that instead of all the leagues going out to two separate tourneys (King Tut & Puma) they will do just this one. No club affiliation. Should have done this a long time ago.
soccerfamily
soccerfamily
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 5/29/2014, 2:33 pm

soccerfamily wrote:Spoke to NTX they said that instead of all the leagues going out to two separate tourneys (King Tut & Puma) they will do just this one. No club affiliation. Should have done this a long time ago.

So they relieved they could get in on the money grab and put this tourney together...
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyjr817 5/29/2014, 2:33 pm

http://www.ccsai.org

It's listed on the Classic League website now.

tommyjr817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyjr817 6/2/2014, 4:59 pm

Does everyone think this will be a tournament teams pretty much have to do unless they're Solar Red? They make it sound like teams that want to play Classic League need to do it.

tommyjr817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Good1stTouch 6/3/2014, 10:08 am

I'm sure they will make it mandatory if you want to get a decent seeding for the qualifying tournament. The next thing they will do is somehow make it mandatory that you play in the CAL in your Academy years in order to get a proper/good seeding for the seeding tournament. Lets see how far up the money chain they can go.
Good1stTouch
Good1stTouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 6/3/2014, 10:33 am

It is a disaster waiting to happen. Everything must be completed by July 6th so you have 5 days (well 4 if you take out July 4th) to get all paperwork back, get your registrar you have chosen to verify all paperwork and get you an official roster, then get photo's of everyone and input it into gotsccer. Its doable but a lot of work as no paperwork can be signed until July 1st.Cant wait to see the Stampede and maybe even see the rules changed to make this a money maker for Nth Texas. Its only meaningful for U11 teams if they take the bait. Wonder what they will do if 50% don't sign up?
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 6/3/2014, 12:15 pm

cityslicker61 wrote: Its only meaningful for U11 teams if they take the bait. Wonder what they will do if 50% don't sign up?

Not exactly true. You're only thinking of it as a tournament for CCSAI, but the results are also going to be used by PPL for division placement for all age groups where there are byes available.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 6/3/2014, 12:32 pm

debit wrote:
cityslicker61 wrote: Its only meaningful for U11 teams if they take the bait. Wonder what they will do if 50% don't sign up?

Not exactly true.  You're only thinking of it as a tournament for CCSAI, but the results are also going to be used by PPL for division placement for all age groups where there are byes available.
After that I rest my case!  Wink 
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/3/2014, 12:50 pm

Regardless of the money or politics behind this latest offering, it is important that your team gets a good seeding because the first year qualifiers have a huge effect on on your team's CCSAI opportunities for at least two years.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 6/3/2014, 12:59 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Regardless of the money or politics behind this latest offering, it is important that your team gets a good seeding because the first year qualifiers have a huge effect on on your team's CCSAI opportunities for at least two years.
Exactly important for U11 if they take the bait. It's a nightmare waiting to happen for team managers and coaches, players and parents because if you take the bait you will have to be in practice from June 15 and yet not allowed an official roster until July 1st.
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/3/2014, 1:14 pm

cityslicker61 wrote:
Exactly important for U11 if they take the bait. It's a nightmare waiting to happen for team managers and coaches, players and parents because if you take the bait you will have to be in practice from June 15 and yet not allowed an official roster until July 1st.

I agree with you 100 percent, but I would still not miss out on it because as unfair as this may be it is even worse if your team is ranked incorrectly.

QT is tough on the lower ranked seeds who have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to survive. 

Assuming 60 teams are ranked, seed 1 plays seed 60, 59, and 58 and seed 2 plays 57, 56, and 55 and it continues that way for all teams until the numbers meet in the middle.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/3/2014, 1:17 pm

Unchallenged, it helps to have good seeding if you want to qualify.  

Despite warnings to the contrary, I didn't see much evidence last year that participation in the KingTut or Puma greatly affected anyone's seed.  Classic league does a pretty thorough job, IMO.  They look at past history.   They solicit input from coaches.  They listen to rumors about player movement.   I thought they did a pretty good job seeding teams last year....other than maybe one or two.  And those were based more on hindsight.  

Yes it makes their job easier if everyone will just play in one tourney.  And pay them some $.

I wouldn't worry about a seeding tourney unless your team has zero past history or has dramatically improved recently where your prior results are not indicative of your current competitiveness.  But that is just me.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/3/2014, 1:23 pm

[quote="PremierLeagueFan"]
cityslicker61 wrote:

Assuming 60 teams are ranked, seed 1 plays seed 60, 59, and 58 and seed 2 plays 57, 56, and 55 and it continues that way for all teams until the numbers meet in the middle.

I am pretty sure this is inaccurate. they use a snake type seeding. if they have 10 brackets, then 1-10 are placed, then 11-20 are placed in the reserve direction. meaning 10 will play 11, 9 plays 12, 1 plays 20 and so on. they then snake 21-30 the same way meaning 1 will play 21 as well and so on.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 6/3/2014, 1:27 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
I agree with you 100 percent, but I would still not miss out on it because as unfair as this may be it is even worse if your team is ranked incorrectly.

QT is tough on the lower ranked seeds who have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to survive. 

Yeah, that ain't right.

If 60 teams, 1 would play 30, 31, and 60. Assuming that #1 is Solar Red, then what a cake walk.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 6/3/2014, 1:33 pm

odie1993 wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
cityslicker61 wrote:

I am pretty sure this is inaccurate.  they use a snake type seeding.  if they have 10 brackets, then 1-10 are placed, then 11-20 are placed in the reserve direction.  meaning 10 will play 11, 9 plays 12, 1 plays 20 and so on.  they then snake 21-30 the same way meaning 1 will play 21 as well and so on.

I didn't write that. You edited it and made me look as though I said that.....I didn't mention anything about number of teams  ;-)
I agree with previous posters and I don't think it's going to make a big difference in seedlings but it just might. If I had a team ranked 1 through 10 in academy I would care less where they seeded me because you are more than likely to get in and if you rank me lower I could end up knocking out a decent seed so why exactly now do you want me to play in this fancy named tournament that only makes me have to start my preparations 3 weeks earlier than normal?
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/3/2014, 1:44 pm

When I edited down the quotes I messed up Cityslicker.  This was all PLF's doing on the numbers.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 6/3/2014, 2:21 pm

Odie, when it comes to numbers, we only rely on Number 13 and Debit. Lol!

Question: Is this tournament intended on seeding CL, Plano and Arlington for U11?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 6/3/2014, 2:29 pm

finish1 wrote:Odie, when it comes to numbers, we only rely on Number 13 and Debit. Lol!

Question: Is this tournament intended on seeding CL, Plano and Arlington for U11?

Yes, and the Plano Labor Day tournament too according to the blurb on NTX website.

CCSAI Boys Classic League & Lake Highlands Girls Classic League:
We are lucky to have NTX partner with both the Boys and Girls Classic Leagues to hold a pre-season seeding tournament. This tournament is a must as it will be the primary source for all seedings in this
summer's qualifying tournaments.

Arlington Soccer Association & Arlington Premier Invitational League:
Arlington Soccer Association and Arlington Premier Invitational supports the NTX Seeding Tournament Showdown and this will be one of the tools we use for seeding in league and in the Arlington Qualifying Tournament for placement in Arlington Premier Invitational

Plano Youth Soccer Association & Plano Premier League:
Plano Youth Soccer Association & Plano Premier League supports and will be utilizing the results from the NTX Seeding Tournament Showdown to help with the seeding for our Placement Games as well as the Plano Labor Day Tournament.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 6/3/2014, 2:30 pm

finish1 wrote:Odie, when it comes to numbers, we only rely on Number 13 and Debit. Lol!

Seeding for the Qualifying Tournament. The QT determines if and where you play in CL.
If you do not make CL, then you head to Arlington/Plano.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 6/3/2014, 2:39 pm

Tournaments are always fun, but I find it hard to believe playing good or bad in this tournament will change your seed much. As said above, the seeding committee gets it right just about every year based on the history of the teams, the conversations with coaches etc.

If you are the #30 seed without playing this tournament, I doubt you will move much from #30 even if you did play this tournament. One or two places in the seeding probably won't mean much and I doubt playing in this one tournament will move a team more then 3 or 4 spaces from where they would be without playing in it.

If your team wants to play, play in it. If you have kids out of town, busy doing other things, or can't get the paperwork turned in after signing day July 1, I would not worry about it too much.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next