Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

+12
finish1
moveyourfeet
Number13
PremierLeagueFan
debit
cityslicker61
Good1stTouch
soccerfamily
Soccersoccer
odie1993
allen04
tommyjr817
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

Post by Sprint 6/3/2014, 2:39 pm

Tournaments are always fun, but I find it hard to believe playing good or bad in this tournament will change your seed much. As said above, the seeding committee gets it right just about every year based on the history of the teams, the conversations with coaches etc.

If you are the #30 seed without playing this tournament, I doubt you will move much from #30 even if you did play this tournament. One or two places in the seeding probably won't mean much and I doubt playing in this one tournament will move a team more then 3 or 4 spaces from where they would be without playing in it.

If your team wants to play, play in it. If you have kids out of town, busy doing other things, or can't get the paperwork turned in after signing day July 1, I would not worry about it too much.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Seeding tournament for Qualifying?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeding tournament for Qualifying?

Post by finish1 6/3/2014, 2:43 pm

I don't have a problem with CL having their own seeding tourney. Makes sense and maybe they should have done this a long time ago. Probably could have given teams a bit more lead time, though.

But hey, we're talking about the 04s anyways and they are well versed in drama and excessive behavior! So this is easy, right coach 4luv old-what's-her-name?

Shocked
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 6/3/2014, 2:47 pm

I heard 4luv will be setting the pre-seeding for the seeding tournament for the qualifying tournament.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 6/3/2014, 2:53 pm

LMAO, I hear she's a busy guy! lol!!!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/3/2014, 3:21 pm

I went through last year's QT and I realized what I said was incorrect.  (Mea Culpa)

The QT still wreaks havoc on the lower seeds in the first week where the low seeds play against the top seeds and get sent home, but there are higher seeds in the same brackets and they fight it out in the second week.

my takeaway was that you wanted to be ranked in the middle if not at the top so you would have the best chance to advance.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 6/3/2014, 4:06 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I went through last year's QT and I realized what I said was incorrect.  (Mea Culpa)

The QT still wreaks havoc on the lower seeds in the first week where the low seeds play against the top seeds and get sent home, but there are higher seeds in the same brackets and they fight it out in the second week.

my takeaway was that you wanted to be ranked in the middle if not at the top so you would have the best chance to advance.

It is a point grab bonanza. Say your team is getting beat 12-0. It's over for that game. But if you can score a goal, you can take 1 point out of the game (it was 10 point system last time I had a kid go through this). So in a big time loss, you will see coaches throwing everyone forward trying to steal a point.

By the same token, you will see teams park the bus in front of the net trying to get out of the game against a superior opponent with a 0-0 tie. Just get so many kids in the way that shots can't get through. Very ugly, but can be effective at this age.

If you are a bubble team, the big thing is to get enough points to make it to the second weekend where you will be reseeded and play against opponents that are more similar in playing levels. Then you take care of business and get through.

And there will be upsets. Mark it down. I was told that years ago and didn't take note. Saw a "D-1 lock" get relegated to the second weekend and have to fight and claw to barely make D-3. It was shocking.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/3/2014, 4:59 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I went through last year's QT and I realized what I said was incorrect.  (Mea Culpa)

It doesn't matter if you are a mid or low seed, you always end up playing a top team. People worry too much about the seeding. Every year there is a low seed that makes it into D1.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/3/2014, 5:33 pm

Well there you have it, we have come full circle with the two options.

If seeding doesn't matter then save your money don't go to any qualifying tournaments and hope that your league is good enough to prevent you from being seeded against a top 5 or top ten team in the first round. 

Don't get discouraged when your bracket gets blown out 13-0, 10-0, 9-0 and keep your chin up cause one of you gets sent home, but the other lucky two get to go to the next week chock full of confidence.

In the second week (if you are one of the lucky two who didn't get beaten as bad as the team that got sent away in your bracket) seeding wont matter either because it's just more of the same and you wont care that the team you are playing got more points than you.

I would say that not worrying about seeding is one of your options, but you will have to decide for yourself which option works best for you.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/3/2014, 5:47 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Well there you have it, we have come full circle with the two options.

If seeding doesn't matter then save your money don't go to any qualifying tournaments and hope that your league is good enough to prevent you from being seeded against a top 5 or top ten team in the first round. 

Don't get discouraged when your bracket gets blown out 13-0, 10-0, 9-0 and keep your chin up cause one of you gets sent home, but the other lucky two get to go to the next week chock full of confidence.

In the second week (if you are one of the lucky two who didn't get beaten as bad as the team that got sent away in your bracket) seeding wont matter either because it's just more of the same and you wont care that the team you are playing got more points than you.

I would say that not worrying about seeding is one of your options, but you will have to decide for yourself which option works best for you.
If you get blown out 13-0, 10-0 and so on why would you even try to play D1? Most of the games will be a beating and by the end of the year the parents will grab their boy and run. MHO
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Good1stTouch 6/3/2014, 6:11 pm

And we wonder why we have a hard time developing players and keeping up with the rest of the world in this sport.

Thanks a lot Bin Laden!!
Good1stTouch
Good1stTouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/4/2014, 7:50 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Well there you have it, we have come full circle with the two options.

If you are ambitious, its understandable to be concerned about your QT results, IMO.  Certainly is for the club.  If you end up in D1 you are guaranteed to have (at a bare minimum) another year of CL soccer to sell.   A minimum.  If you end up in D2, well then you have zero chance of being in D1 your 2nd year and an 80% chance of having to scramble against some scrappy teams to stay in CL at all your 2nd year.  

So, a lot of folks will feel its important to worry about choices that may effect how you do in the QT.  The seeding is what the seeding is.   Worrying about it is not really an option that effects anything.   Does worrying about it change your seeding?    No.  So that seems like an option to nowhere.  Which, whatever, this is NTX youth soccer so "options to nowhere" is pretty high on a lot of people's list of priorities.   I get that.  

Will the #1 seed have an easier path than the #8 seed?  Yes, probably.  Will playing in this seeding tourney have any effect on where the #8 team is seeded?   No, probably not.  Is being the 17th seed better than the 21st seed?  Maybe.   Maybe not.  Do you have any control over that?   Hell, I doubt it.   So whatever.  Last year we effectively did not play in a seeding tourney (Puma Cup rained out).  I'm quite sure BB's team last year could have been seeded anywhere and would have made D1.  I'm quite sure all the teams we played could have been seeded anywhere within reason and they would not have made D1.  I thought last year one top10 team got seeded too low and thus another team was seeded in the top10 in their place....and you know what? The team that got seeded too high actually ended up with a harder deal and got straight punted out of CL.  Team seeded too low cruised into D1.  I could be wrong, but that is how I remember it.  

If we are talking about options, I would choose the "being one of the best X teams" as the one that will work out best for you.   For my second choice I would go with "being lucky".  

If you are getting beat down by 10 goals in the QT...well, you probably have bigger factors affecting your likelihood of getting placed in a higher CL division then your seeding.  Just saying.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 6/6/2014, 1:16 am

Another thing to consider is why would North Texas, the governing body, go head up on competition with two tournaments that have been around forever? Both these tournaments have to be at least 15 years old and the clubs are paying members of North Texas. What incentive does that give for Lightning and FC Dallas to remain as a member of ntssa if ntssa is going to undercut them for tournaments? NTSSA shouldn't be in direct competition with its member clubs. The leagues shouldn't either. That seems really fishy to me.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/6/2014, 8:28 am

twotone wrote:Another thing to consider is why would North Texas, the governing body, go head up on competition with two tournaments that have been around forever? Both these tournaments have to be at least 15 years old and the clubs are paying members of North Texas. What incentive does that give for Lightning and FC Dallas to remain as a member of ntssa if ntssa is going to undercut them for tournaments? NTSSA shouldn't be in direct competition with its member clubs. The leagues shouldn't either. That seems really fishy to me.

This
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2