Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Regional Pool Players for 97 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Regional Pool Players for 97

+19
go99
Speedy Gonzales
speedygonzalez
eredivisie
sillymom
bootit
John Terry
Coach97ET
mcdribble
Pinknupe
Futbolito
outtabounds
Soccernovice
my2cents
prohibit
The German
anyIdeas
soccermom97b
randee42
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regional Pool Players for 97 Empty Regional Pool Players for 97

Post by randee42 5/13/2010, 9:14 pm

Anyone have any idea on when the Regional players are going to be selected. Not that I am overly concerned but it would be nice to be able to plan the rest of my summer and figure out what camps we might go to.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Regional Pool Players for 97 Empty Re: Regional Pool Players for 97

Post by soccermom97b 5/14/2010, 9:07 am

Since we have pratice this week and next, I would imagine that they haven't decided yet. We got an email a couple of weeks ago that said they were still making decisions, but that there would likely not be anymore practices...then got notification that we'd have practice this week and next.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anyIdeas 5/15/2010, 1:00 pm

I suggest not going to Regional Camp even if you do make it.

anyIdeas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 5/15/2010, 2:09 pm

anyIdeas wrote:I suggest not going to Regional Camp even if you do make it.
Why?
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/16/2010, 7:56 am

Looks like not much has been done for the boys as of yet. I heard that the only letters sent out were that of the 97 and 98 girls. I was a little alarmed by the fact that there was not going to be a June sub-regional tournament weekend for the 97 boys, do to not having enough teams. I hope that ODP is not losing its luster! It has always been a great program. I guess with camp costing 950.00 this year, it must still be an elite group, seeing that NCAA D1 schools have their camps at 350 to 800..
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/16/2010, 8:09 am

The camp is a unique experience,. If he makes iot send him.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anyIdeas 5/16/2010, 8:14 pm

True, it is a good for the kid to be on his own for a week and learn what it is like. However, the coaching is very poor but if your kid has friends there and you can afford it then by all means do it. I just think it is too expansive for the quality offered.

anyIdeas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Regional Pool Players for 97 Empty Soccer Resume Mostly

Post by Soccernovice 5/16/2010, 9:41 pm

Seems like ODP state is mostly done for soccer resume purposes now a days expecially U16 and above.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/16/2010, 9:54 pm

The experience is playing one or two games a day with or against the best players from the 13states in the south east region. If your looking for all day of drills and a week on a college campus then yes spend half as much and go to camp. Spending four days on a campus full of the best from around the country is not available anywhere else. As far as the resume bit I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/16/2010, 10:24 pm

Soccernovice wrote:Seems like ODP state is mostly done for soccer resume purposes now a days expecially U16 and above.

Head ODP coach was all over things today. He was working along with the other coaches and players. Things looked good. There were a few different coaches helping out the various age groups. A couple seem to have a fire lit under them and were more demanding of the kids today then they have been as of late. Good day at ODP! cheers
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outtabounds 5/16/2010, 10:59 pm

anyIdeas wrote:I suggest not going to Regional Camp even if you do make it.
I spoke with a lot of people about this and the censenus is to SAVE YOUR MONEY! Some of the best players aren't even in attendance nowadays because ODP has lost so much of its appeal, just look at the best teams and how many of those players are actually coming to the ODP practices. Very, very few. Many of the ODP coaches are only D3 level coaches and I'm told it doesn't get much better at the camp. A friend of mine who sent her kid last year said her regular team practices were more challenging than the scrimmages at the camp. ODP is a thing of the past so those coaches better get as many suckers to pay the $1000 or so now before ODP doesn't exist any longer and they are out looking for work, but the good news is I hear Adromeda has lots of funds to hire some new soccer field maintenance workers. May not be such a bad gig.

outtabounds
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 5/17/2010, 10:22 am

The older age groups (U15 and up) are dwindling away with academy taking a large majority of the players, but the 97's have had close to 100 kids in attendance, and they'll also take a handful of exeptional 98's Regional Pool Players for 97 Fresse . C'mom people, there's gotta be some talent among those 100. Regional Pool Players for 97 Icon_cool
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinknupe 5/17/2010, 2:16 pm

Futbolito wrote:The older age groups (U15 and up) are dwindling away with academy taking a large majority of the players, but the 97's have had close to 100 kids in attendance, and they'll also take a handful of exeptional 98's Regional Pool Players for 97 Fresse . C'mom people, there's gotta be some talent among those 100. Regional Pool Players for 97 Icon_cool
Most those kids just wnat xtra skill work...who want to pay $975 for that, select fees just around the corner... me don't have the dinero to send my boy for training with low division coaches...no big name coaches are in attendance, OPD is done in few yrs from Academy is way to go. Save yo Money! Regional Pool Players for 97 Icon_rr
Pinknupe
Pinknupe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdribble 5/17/2010, 2:37 pm

Pinknupe wrote:
Futbolito wrote:The older age groups (U15 and up) are dwindling away with academy taking a large majority of the players, but the 97's have had close to 100 kids in attendance, and they'll also take a handful of exeptional 98's Regional Pool Players for 97 Fresse . C'mom people, there's gotta be some talent among those 100. Regional Pool Players for 97 Icon_cool
Most those kids just wnat xtra skill work...who want to pay $975 for that, select fees just around the corner... me don't have the dinero to send my boy for training with low division coaches...no big name coaches are in attendance, OPD is done in few yrs from Academy is way to go. Save yo Money! Regional Pool Players for 97 Icon_rr

The organization is run very poorly and I hear ODP is currently experiencing lots of issues. The parents I was talking with weren't very impressed with the coaches and 99% of the players. I agree to save your money and put it towards your upcoming select fees, great advice. If your kid is good he'll get seen with or without ODP and you can save lots of BS, time, and money in the process.
mcdribble
mcdribble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/17/2010, 4:58 pm

mcdribble wrote:
Pinknupe wrote:

The organization is run very poorly and I hear ODP is currently experiencing lots of issues. The parents I was talking with weren't very impressed with the coaches and 99% of the players. I agree to save your money and put it towards your upcoming select fees, great advice. If your kid is good he'll get seen with or without ODP and you can save lots of BS, time, and money in the process.

Hummm-These comments would not happen to be from parents of BBs that made it one year and not the next would they? I hear that parents get upset and pull their kids once they have not made a spot on the camp roster. Oh well, I am willing to take the chance on the head ODP coach and his group as my bb has benefited from them and loves going. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinknupe 5/17/2010, 9:20 pm

Not really, $1000 lot of mula for a camp...should switch locations by the Regions to make it efficantly, like UNT one year, Abama one year, etc... cut cost down so economy is bad. Anyone got a list of coaches at this camp besides Lary Willamson? to make it worth money and time. select fees around corner too.
Pinknupe
Pinknupe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/17/2010, 9:35 pm

Pinknupe wrote:Not really, $1000 lot of mula for a camp...should switch locations by the Regions to make it efficantly, like UNT one year, Abama one year, etc... cut cost down so economy is bad. Anyone got a list of coaches at this camp besides Lary Willamson? to make it worth money and time. select fees around corner too.

sounds like camp is 950.00 Plane fare jacked it up a bit this year!
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/17/2010, 10:44 pm

The camp itself is $425 The rest is the cost of tranportation.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach97ET 5/18/2010, 8:13 am

I have (3) players on my roster that made ODP; the only reason they will not be attending anymore training sessions is due to travel and/or expences. That being said, the coaching staff, I believe is impecable. I personally know one of the coaches (Erik S) and he's very much knowledgable of the game. I have the pleasure of competing against him in the Tyler Open League and I must say; his team(s) have made remarkable strides in regards to competing; in which I contribute that to his training. As for the other coaches on the staff; I don't know them, but rest assure they would not be on the staff if they weren't capable of bringing out the best of any/all players...

Coach97ET
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by John Terry 5/18/2010, 10:49 am

Coach97ET wrote:I have (3) players on my roster that made ODP; the only reason they will not be attending anymore training sessions is due to travel and/or expences. That being said, the coaching staff, I believe is impecable. I personally know one of the coaches (Erik S) and he's very much knowledgable of the game. I have the pleasure of competing against him in the Tyler Open League and I must say; his team(s) have made remarkable strides in regards to competing; in which I contribute that to his training. As for the other coaches on the staff; I don't know them, but rest assure they would not be on the staff if they weren't capable of bringing out the best of any/all players...
Can you furnish the bios/experience on these Regional Coaches... I bet you not one of them coached Div 1 NCAA soccer or came from a Top 5 club in the nation. The cost is high even though the majority of it pays for the airline and food as you know.... the problem is the job environment is bad right now for us peeps so money is now an issue as with everyone... I expect select fees to stay the same and if they rise in July look for others to fine more economical means to play the bloody sport.
John Terry
John Terry
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach97ET 5/18/2010, 11:24 am

Do not know what their official bios look like, but I do know GW bio looks great...

Coach97ET
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 5/18/2010, 11:24 am

mcdribble wrote:
Pinknupe wrote:

I can tell you that I had an older son who played select D1 soccer for many years and never cared to play ODP and is excelling just as fast as his ODP peers. My younger one wanted to play ODP and has played three years now in his age group and up. He likes just getting out there with different kids but has no interest in going to the camp and was disappointed last week because he did not feel the kids he was paired with were a good fit for him. It seems they changed things up this last time for some reason so who knows what team he'll be on this time around. We haven't received a letter yet.
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/18/2010, 12:21 pm

bootit wrote:
mcdribble wrote:
Pinknupe wrote:

I can tell you that I had an older son who played select D1 soccer for many years and never cared to play ODP and is excelling just as fast as his ODP peers. My younger one wanted to play ODP and has played three years now in his age group and up. He likes just getting out there with different kids but has no interest in going to the camp and was disappointed last week because he did not feel the kids he was paired with were a good fit for him. It seems they changed things up this last time for some reason so who knows what team he'll be on this time around. We haven't received a letter yet.

It seems that many of the players have been on different teams on a weekly basis. I asked my bb about the kids in his group, and he said there were a lot of good players in his group this weekend as well as the last two practices. The coaches seem to have the pads and pencils moving quite rapidly while assessing the different groups and players. They may be looking for a player/postion chemistry amongst the boys.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anyIdeas 5/18/2010, 7:54 pm

prohibit wrote:
bootit wrote:
mcdribble wrote:
Pinknupe wrote:

It seems that many of the players have been on different teams on a weekly basis. I asked my bb about the kids in his group, and he said there were a lot of good players in his group this weekend as well as the last two practices. The coaches seem to have the pads and pencils moving quite rapidly while assessing the different groups and players. They may be looking for a player/postion chemistry amongst the boys.

I have no idea at times what goes on in the coach's minds. There have been kids who play exceptional on the "top team" one week and are pushed down to the "second" team the next. I would not put much on the team business considering the "third" team beat the "top" team ( and easily). The coaches may just spread out certain players to see what they look like playing against the best players. But whatever, acedemy is on the horizon Regional Pool Players for 97 Icon_cheers

anyIdeas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 5/20/2010, 12:57 pm

They may have combined some of the smaller but talented kids from the second and third teams to test the "is bigger better" dilema...as long as you know what to do with it, I think size doesn't matter. Regional Pool Players for 97 Suspect Regional Pool Players for 97 Suspect Regional Pool Players for 97 Suspect
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next