Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Regional Pool Players for 97

+19
go99
Speedy Gonzales
speedygonzalez
eredivisie
sillymom
bootit
John Terry
Coach97ET
mcdribble
Pinknupe
Futbolito
outtabounds
Soccernovice
my2cents
prohibit
The German
anyIdeas
soccermom97b
randee42
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regional Pool Players for 97

Post by Futbolito 5/20/2010, 12:57 pm

They may have combined some of the smaller but talented kids from the second and third teams to test the "is bigger better" dilema...as long as you know what to do with it, I think size doesn't matter. Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Suspect Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Suspect Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Suspect

Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sillymom 5/20/2010, 1:12 pm

So kids got their regional invitations last night.... almost a grand for camp...that is crazy.
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/21/2010, 3:35 pm

I heard there were three different letters sent out this year. Does anybody know for sure? BB got one letter and friend got another. One says accepted, one says alternate. Was there one that just said -sorry, not this year? Parents of bb that got "alternate" letter are already planning on attending another camp, and not waiting on ODP call. I tend to agree with there move.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/24/2010, 1:42 pm

prohibit wrote:I heard there were three different letters sent out this year. Does anybody know for sure? BB got one letter and friend got another. One says accepted, one says alternate. Was there one that just said -sorry, not this year? Parents of bb that got "alternate" letter are already planning on attending another camp, and not waiting on ODP call. I tend to agree with there move.

So, I confirmed Sunday that my hearing was wrong, only two letters were sent out. First team looks solid. I heard a lot of talking while Gary was addressing the parents and players. Anyone care to share, as it seems like a few parents were upset. One parent even said to like three other parents that his bb was like the best one out there and was not sure why he did not get a letter of acceptance. The other parents just shrugged. OPne looked at him like he was an idiot.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 5/24/2010, 1:54 pm

Gary's talk was primarily to address the concerns / gripes of parents whose boys didn't make the top team. I didn't hear alot of conversation during Gary's talk.

However, given that the 2nd team lost to the 3rd team and the 3rd team barely beat the Alternates team, I suspect several parents are believing that junior will be moving up the team pecking order...

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/24/2010, 2:09 pm

eredivisie wrote:Gary's talk was primarily to address the concerns / gripes of parents whose boys didn't make the top team. I didn't hear alot of conversation during Gary's talk.

However, given that the 2nd team lost to the 3rd team and the 3rd team barely beat the Alternates team, I suspect several parents are believing that junior will be moving up the team pecking order...

There were a few talking and huffy (the parent I referenced above for one). It was a little funny. I wish more coach's would speak to parents like Gary did. I loved it. I did think it was cool that players were still in attendance even though many got alternate letters. That says a lot for the group.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 5/24/2010, 4:00 pm

prohibit wrote:
prohibit wrote:I heard there were three different letters sent out this year. Does anybody know for sure? BB got one letter and friend got another. One says accepted, one says alternate. Was there one that just said -sorry, not this year? Parents of bb that got "alternate" letter are already planning on attending another camp, and not waiting on ODP call. I tend to agree with there move.
So, I confirmed Sunday that my hearing was wrong, only two letters were sent out. First team looks solid. I heard a lot of talking while Gary was addressing the parents and players. Anyone care to share, as it seems like a few parents were upset. One parent even said to like three other parents that his bb was like the best one out there and was not sure why he did not get a letter of acceptance. The other parents just shrugged. OPne looked at him like he was an idiot.
I wonder what you were watching when you say the "first" team looked solid. I asked a coach friend of ours to come out and watch discreetly a couple times to confirm if what my son was telling me and what I was seeing was accurate and he confirmed that he was extremely disappointed in what he saw out there. There's a reason why the best players aren't coming. He said if my son wanted to continue for fun to go for it but that he wasn't going to learn or develop much in that situation. I was also surprised to learn that a couple of the top team players aren't even playing D1.
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/24/2010, 5:24 pm

bootit wrote:
prohibit wrote:
I wonder what you were watching when you say the "first" team looked solid. I asked a coach friend of ours to come out and watch discreetly a couple times to confirm if what my son was telling me and what I was seeing was accurate and he confirmed that he was extremely disappointed in what he saw out there. There's a reason why the best players aren't coming. He said if my son wanted to continue for fun to go for it but that he wasn't going to learn or develop much in that situation. I was also surprised to learn that a couple of the top team players aren't even playing D1.

Well, one would think if the coach who was "reviewing" a player stated that ODP was not helping him, then he would advise the player and parent "NOT" to do it. BB doing it " just for fun" teaches him nothing. You would'nt be referring to the FCD coach scouting would you?
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by speedygonzalez 5/24/2010, 5:37 pm

After watching the 1st team and second team play I really did not find much of a talent gap. The top team just had one or two amazing players that were bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled.

speedygonzalez
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 5/25/2010, 9:22 am

speedygonzalez wrote:After watching the 1st team and second team play I really did not find much of a talent gap. The top team just had one or two amazing players that were bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled.
Posts of "speedygonzalez" should not be confused with those of "Speedy Gonzales" and comments, statements, views, opinions, implications, inclinations, inferences, deductions, reasonings, and ramblings (hereinafter "original thoughts") reflected in posts of the former do not necessarily reflect those of the latter. However, Speedy Gonzales reserves the right to adopt, amend, alter or otherwise take credit, as his own, any original thoughts of speedygonzalez so long as same are credible, trustworthy, and otherwise capable of corroboration or verification.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/25/2010, 10:05 am

whoa! speedygonzalez had me going for a bit. Take a little time away from the boards speedy and we all get an unauthorized knockoff version. Any worthwhile post should be reposted under the official Speedy Gonzales moniker.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wbanul 5/25/2010, 11:33 am

go99 wrote:whoa! speedygonzalez had me going for a bit. Take a little time away from the boards speedy and we all get an unauthorized knockoff version. Any worthwhile post should be reposted under the official Speedy Gonzales moniker.

Better watch out Go...at this rate with all the double names out there someone w/the name "Go_99" might show up. g099, Go-99, G*99 lol!
wbanul
wbanul
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by speedygonzalez 5/25/2010, 3:07 pm

That's what I get for being a first time reader. My apoligies Speedy, I did not mean to copy you. I'll just go back to my world of butterflies and rainbows where my bb is the best player in the league and the name "Speedygonzalez" was not already taken.

speedygonzalez
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/25/2010, 4:15 pm

Not your fault speedy pulled a disappearing act on us for a few weeks
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 5/25/2010, 4:33 pm

Not a big deal. I have no greater right to the name. I just wanted to make sure it was legally understood that his thoughts were not mine unless I wanted them to be. You can never be too careful these days. By the way, I never "disappeared". I just didn't have anything to post. speedy: it's amazing how much we are alike other than the name. Your bb is the best too?

Last edited by Speedy Gonzales on 5/25/2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell, especially on a blackberry)
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by speedygonzalez 5/25/2010, 6:52 pm

[quote="Speedy Gonzales"]Not a big deal. I have no greater right to the name. I just wanted to make sure it was legally understood that his thoughts were not mine unless I wanted them to be. You can never be too careful these days. By the way, I never "disappeared". I just didn't have anything to post. speedy: it's amazing how much we are alike other than the name. Your bb is the best too?[/quote]

Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Lol My son thinks he is the best, but don't they all?

speedygonzalez
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 5/27/2010, 7:40 am

Looks like they added a few names to the 97 camp list last Monday.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 5/28/2010, 5:15 am

I was thinking about changing my name to:

Speedy Gonzales Jr or maybe speedygonzalez jr, guess you guys would not mine, maybe just SpeeGonzo sounds good. Better go get a trademark on that one.

afro

Anyway my BB is not in ODP, but I met a few parents that their BB's play or played in ODP. Some think it's the world( newer ones), while the older ones believe it's not what it used to be. With that said if it helps your BB then great and if your BB is better then most players guess it's not going to make a difference.

It's your choice to spend the money. It's like an "A" license coach told me once, camps are a waste of money. Pay me 500.00 and I will tweak or solve any problem your BB has. He said camps were for coaches and clubs to make money. This came from a well respected coach in Dallas.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/28/2010, 8:03 am

or maybe Gonzo speed? I agree that camps are a waste of money if you are trying to develop. BB has to do something during the summer and he'd rather do a soccer camp than the Y camp. So it's just for fun. Same goes for ODP so far. BB has a great time and get's to play with kids he normally doesn't get to play with. That about it though. fun extra touches.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 5/28/2010, 7:09 pm

go99
Well said, you hit the nail on the head.......as long as the kiddo is having fun and enjoying himself that's all that matters. It's not about the parents trying to make the next Pele.

My son has done a few camps and when he gets back it's always about the buddies and girls he met. He always never talks about what he learned. I think this year will be the first time me and the wife will have all week alone........partytime for us. That's if she does not give me chores......lol.

try GoSpz.....
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 7/3/2010, 7:37 pm

DownTown21 wrote:I was thinking about changing my name to:

Speedy Gonzales Jr or maybe speedygonzalez jr, guess you guys would not mine, maybe just SpeeGonzo sounds good. Better go get a trademark on that one.

Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Icon_rr

Anyway my BB is not in ODP, but I met a few parents that their BB's play or played in ODP. Some think it's the world( newer ones), while the older ones believe it's not what it used to be. With that said if it helps your BB then great and if your BB is better then most players guess it's not going to make a difference.

It's your choice to spend the money. It's like an "A" license coach told me once, camps are a waste of money. Pay me 500.00 and I will tweak or solve any problem your BB has. He said camps were for coaches and clubs to make money. This came from a well respected coach in Dallas.
How 'bout "andale andale arriba arriba" for a name?
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 7/3/2010, 11:40 pm

You have to do with ODP like you do with much other soccer stuff. Take a step back and try to figure out what is your endgame and where does this activity plug into the endgame. Is being in ODP and paying $1000 for this camp going to help your kid get a soccer scholarship? Or play for MLS or whatever your ultimate goal might be? Maybe yes, maybe no, the answer depends on the kid.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chriswhit 7/9/2010, 10:34 am

OnTheSurface wrote:You have to do with ODP like you do with much other soccer stuff. Take a step back and try to figure out what is your endgame and where does this activity plug into the endgame. Is being in ODP and paying $1000 for this camp going to help your kid get a soccer scholarship? Or play for MLS or whatever your ultimate goal might be? Maybe yes, maybe no, the answer depends on the kid.

Well said OTS... Figure out why you want to participate. Hang out with friends, meet new friends, just something to keep the kiddo busy, get extra touches, try and make regional/national teams and anything/everything in between. There is no wrong answer. If your kid wants to hang out with some buddies and kick the ball around a bit, is selected for regional camp and you can afford Bama...then it's a good enough reason for them participating in ODP. It is true that many kids are not participating in ODP (I can only speak to the division that I know) and the reasons why they aren't, vary just as much as the reasons why people are still participating. ODP is indeed different than many years ago, but so is everything else soccer related.

I know quite a few kids participating in ODP in this age group and they are doing quite well. I also expect them to be very good against the kids from other regions. I wish them, as well as all participating (regardless of their reason for doing so), the best of luck with ODP Regional Pool Players for 97 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
chriswhit
chriswhit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2