Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Illegal Player - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Illegal Player

+19
soccerpops
Ibystander
Slakemoth
cityslicker61
rdg
trmntr1
Pompey Lad
soccerdad1
Futbolito
DownTown21
THE NEEDLE
mrclean
soccermom97b
liebevin
The German
jimulon6
prohibit
ckclimited3
batman
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Illegal Player - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Player

Post by rdg 5/25/2010, 8:49 pm

mcleanpe wrote:
trmntr1 wrote:
mcleanpe wrote:
Pompey Lad wrote:spoke w/the coach and he said he had players guest playing in the tournament

dang. Lied to again. Sad

they probably just didnt want to guest play on my sorry team.

lmao.... Cheer up mate....

That's like the pretty waitress that only tells the ugly guys that she doesn't date customers....

wow. another bubble burst...thanks a lot.

It is a Solar policy. But obviously only enforced when it benefits
the club or coach.

rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2010, 10:22 pm

rdg wrote:
mcleanpe wrote:
trmntr1 wrote:
mcleanpe wrote:
Pompey Lad wrote:spoke w/the coach and he said he had players guest playing in the tournament

dang. Lied to again. Sad

they probably just didnt want to guest play on my sorry team.

lmao.... Cheer up mate....

That's like the pretty waitress that only tells the ugly guys that she doesn't date customers....

wow. another bubble burst...thanks a lot.

It is a Solar policy. But obviously only enforced when it benefits
the club or coach.

Sounds like US policy.

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 5/25/2010, 10:25 pm

I know this is not 99 boys but we played in a tournament last weekend where a U11 team fielded 5 12yos (so could be U13) and were allowed by the Tournament director after telling the director that they could field a team on Wednesday. BTW they had 18 players at each game which meant 13 of his U11 roster or more ILLEGAL guest players! My question was to the tournament "how can you not play with 13 on your roster?" It makes me smile if people have to cheat just to show a little better. My U11 team beat them in the first game but lost in the final game
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 5/26/2010, 9:30 am

Sounds like this was not a "North Texas" sanctioned tournament.....

which tourney was it?
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 5/26/2010, 9:49 am

Oh but it was! Was told North Texas were informed of the situation and dont differenciate between U11/12. So if you take 12 yo liberally now they can be U13. I wonder what North Texas would do if they caught a U11 classic team fielding players that really should be U12 in league play. The problem is that they talk out of both sides of their mouth.
I would rather not say which tournament it was because I'm very good friends with the tournament director (even though we got shafted!) and he was apologitic (after the fact though). I was happy with the aspect of "it really made my boys have to toughen up" so even though I think it is 100% out of order and wrong I will not "Turn" in the tournament to North Texas. Rather whats done is done. If I was worried about anything its when players are looking at your team and go "wow they didnt do very well against that weaker team" well I'm not surprised when they fielded 5 U13 boys the whole game. Its a lesson for everyone looking, dont take results at face value right now because you never know what teams fielded what guest players
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 5/26/2010, 9:52 am

Was this the Spring Bash Tournament? If so, that team was disqualified and sent packing.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 5/26/2010, 9:54 am

Well the team picked up their first place trophies so it isnt "THAT" team
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 5/26/2010, 9:57 am

wow... thats pretty rough. You are correct that NTSSA will view age groups in blocks of two year increments, typically in the rec leagues, but in an obvious "age pure" bracket this should not have happened... or the team needed to play U12... but no telling what kind of last minute stuff was happening, and maybe the tournament director was in a position of "if I don't accept this scenario then I am out a team and my division is screwed last minute".. which is understandable on some level.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 5/26/2010, 10:07 am

You have everything correct as to what they told the tournament director on Wednesday. I thought that was called blackmail! Illegal Player - Page 2 Icon_wink The director didnt want to have to tell me our bracket was cancelled. I just wish the tournament would have gone and watched his first game and then have the balls to say "you have 13 players from your U11 roster so you are NOT allowed to play with any of your U13 guest players!" It wouldn't have been competitive for my team though. Again I was mad because we should have the first place trophies but we learnt much more by playing that game than playing the less competitive team
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpops 5/27/2010, 8:29 pm

I was asked if it was my U-11 FC JAGUARS team that had the illegal player and it was not. We played our NTSA roster and won it outright. Illegal Player - Page 2 Affraid
We did play a team in the CFB Spring Bash this past weekend that "accidently" Illegal Player - Page 2 Kopfschuettel registered in the U11 age group even though they were really a 12 year old team. They had played 2 of their 3 games that day 1 of them being against my team and they had to forfeit those first 2 games and then their last one too. I was told the coach would not be have to go before the NTSA board but that is still being investigated. Illegal Player - Page 2 Icon_evil
I really hate using Guest players in tournaments. Illegal Player - Page 2 Icon_exclaim I would really rather field my team for a multitude of reasons. My kids get more play time and if they win the tournament because of the Guest player then "they" really did not win it by themselves. Illegal Player - Page 2 Icon_bounce
See ya on the pitch,
Soccerpops
soccerpops
soccerpops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 5/27/2010, 10:13 pm

NTSSA should jump on the illegal player stuff with both feet and a pogo stick. No tolerance, coaches on the hook for the paperwork, no exceptions. No "unintentional" exceptions. Coach beware. Clean it up before it gets any worse.

Last edited by Freeatlast on 5/27/2010, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 5/28/2010, 12:27 am

I like to add three new rules for all NTTSA Tournaments:

1. Let all teams use illegal players.
2. Let teams play in any division. (a U-13 can play down against U-8, no shame if the U-8 beats them, because U-8 had some U-15 guest players.)
3. Let all players play without coach releases.

or MAYBE:

Stop letting teams use guest players throughout the year, only in June. That way the players that commited all year to the team can have a chance for more playing time. Because if a coach can't keep his team together, that team must have a problem.

Because rules or no rules some clubs will still do it. So that evens the playing field for any team.
Look at the bright side we will not be breaking the rules just bending them. Illegal Player - Page 2 Lol
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2010, 12:33 am

DownTown21 wrote:I like to add three new rules for all NTTSA Tournaments:

1. Let all teams use illegal players.
2. Let teams play in any division. (a U-13 can play down against U-8, no shame if the U-8 beats them, because U-8 had some U-15 guest players.)
3. Let all players play without coach releases.

or MAYBE:

Stop letting teams use guest players throughout the year, only in June. That way the players that commited all year to the team can have a chance for more playing time. Because if a coach can't keep his team together, that team must have a problem.

Because rules or no rules some clubs will still do it. So that evens the playing field for any team.
Look at the bright side we will not be breaking the rules just bending them. Illegal Player - Page 2 Lol

Add a friendly:

Steroid use is ok, and even encouraged in the spirit of competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 5/28/2010, 5:05 am

mcleanpe,

At my house we don't call them steroids or roids. We call it GYM CANDY.

To all parents if your kids play sports there's a great book they should read called GYM CANDY by Carl Deuker.

OK, add mcleanpe rule, any other out there.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by speedygonzalez 5/29/2010, 9:50 pm

Gym Candy is class. My sons love it. But to make NTX soccer even better they should encourage fighting. Give the kids some " Gym Candy" and let them fight. You knock somebody out you get an extra goal Illegal Player - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

speedygonzalez
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 5/30/2010, 5:36 pm

Going back to the original post, I guess Millennium needed those illegal players to be competitive. Lost 2/3 of the challenge games and scored half as many goals, as the top half of the challenge group. Congrats to Rayados and Am. Lightning so far.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 5/31/2010, 6:35 pm

Congrats and welcome to classic boys, parents and coaches. You all were the top dogs no matter the points, based on wins and you earn them.

As far as the them winning it's in the HOT SAUCE.....(no disrepect to my home boys)....but some of those sauces will light up a fire. Not the GYM CANDY.

Did have a chance to see one of the games ASG and Lightening, it was well play. I will say this, the Texans team play some of there best soccer to close out. Solar did great but still a player away from moving up. But the Rayados proof that a first year PPL team can come in and beat top teams like FCD, TFC, ASG and Solar and move up to Classic. Good to see underdog small clubs have success in classic, without the high cost and high profile coaches. Parents should be proud of there coaches and kids. Illegal Player - Page 2 Lol
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer taxi 5/31/2010, 7:06 pm

DT21 - On behalf of my bb who plays for the Texans team, thanks for noticing. Only one sub for most of the weekend and not a great result, but better soccer out of the team as a whole.
soccer taxi
soccer taxi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 5/31/2010, 9:14 pm

DownTown21 wrote:Congrats and welcome to classic boys, parents and coaches. You all were the top dogs no matter the points, based on wins and you earn them.

As far as the them winning it's in the HOT SAUCE.....(no disrepect to my home boys)....but some of those sauces will light up a fire. Not the GYM CANDY.

Did have a chance to see one of the games ASG and Lightening, it was well play. I will say this, the Texans team play some of there best soccer to close out. Solar did great but still a player away from moving up. But the Rayados proof that a first year PPL team can come in and beat top teams like FCD, TFC, ASG and Solar and move up to Classic. Good to see underdog small clubs have success in classic, without the high cost and high profile coaches. Parents should be proud of there coaches and kids. Illegal Player - Page 2 Lol
Thanks, for the welcome. Sure is nice to be back in Amarillo after a long, hot weekend. Can't wait until the Fall. Hope everyone has a good summer.
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2