Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

The United States can win the World Cup! Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

The United States can win the World Cup!

+2
finish1
soccerisfutbol
6 posters

Go down

The United States can win the World Cup! Empty The United States can win the World Cup!

Post by soccerisfutbol 6/24/2010, 1:07 pm

Why the United States will win the World Cup!
http://www.soccerisfutbol.com/the-united-states-can-win-the-world-cup

soccerisfutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The United States can win the World Cup! Empty Re: The United States can win the World Cup!

Post by finish1 6/24/2010, 2:55 pm

Great post. Enjoy your perspective. Anything is possible. Beat Ghana and Uruguay and you never know...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

The United States can win the World Cup! Empty Re: The United States can win the World Cup!

Post by Slakemoth 6/24/2010, 4:14 pm

The theory is sound until it runs into the "Brazil / Netherlands" portion of the equation.... don't mistake the Confederations Cup Brazilians for the World Cup Brazilians...

but hey... I'm aboard for the ride wherever it take us..
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 6/24/2010, 4:42 pm

U-S-A....U-S-A !!!!
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfutbol 6/24/2010, 5:44 pm

The theory is sound until it runs into the "Brazil / Netherlands"
portion of the equation.... don't mistake the Confederations Cup
Brazilians for the World Cup Brazilians...

yeah I agree, and I'll admit while writing the piece, this part of it was the toughest to rationalize Smile

Thanks being said. I definitely think a semi-final appearance would be amazing. and besides even with a loss, we'll still get the 3rd place game to make even more of a splash.

Still, I love the US chances at this point!

soccerisfutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gpoo 6/24/2010, 11:44 pm

CH1 wrote:U-S-A...U-S-A !!!!

It was already posted but in case you didn't get it, this is a true USA moment for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w&feature=player_embedded

The Davis, CA group is absolute pandemonium. What a great atmosphere to watch a game. The United States can win the World Cup! Icon_cheers
gpoo
gpoo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 6/25/2010, 3:00 am

I will admit their in the final 16, but they have only won one game. Now it's win or go home time. Could make it into the final 8 , even final 4. But playing that long ball futbol is not going to take them far. They have so much talent with their Mids and don't use them properly. Defense decides to play Kick the ball as hard as you can.

Landon's two goals were because of his soft touch around the net area. If some of our players could learn to use less power and more finesse, we would have scored a few more goals and maybe a few more wins.

Overall I am proud to see USA and even Mexico in the sweet 16. But Japan and Korea have showed that Futbol is truely becoming an equally balance worldwide. I will say I was shock The United States can win the World Cup! Affraid to see Italy and France did not even win a game this year.
I still believe Argentina will win it all. The United States can win the World Cup! Lol
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/25/2010, 8:14 am

soccerisfutbol wrote:
The theory is sound until it runs into the "Brazil / Netherlands"
portion of the equation.... don't mistake the Confederations Cup
Brazilians for the World Cup Brazilians...

yeah I agree, and I'll admit while writing the piece, this part of it was the toughest to rationalize Smile

Thanks being said. I definitely think a semi-final appearance would be amazing. and besides even with a loss, we'll still get the 3rd place game to make even more of a splash.

Still, I love the US chances at this point!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the write up... and your rationale is not far off the mark...gets me excited for sure.. and we could not have asked for a better "chance" for the next two matches...
I have a feeling Saturday is gonna be awesome...
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/25/2010, 8:17 am

DownTown21 wrote:Landon's two goals were because of his soft touch around the net area. If some of our players could learn to use less power and more finesse, we would have scored a few more goals and maybe a few more wins.

EXACTLY !!! When Altidore cranked that ball over the stadium walls instead of just placing it.... ugh... But my 20 year old self would have stood on that field with my knees shaking, so I can't be too hard on him... but... Settle down boys! Don't have to kill every shot !
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 6/25/2010, 11:51 am

OK....so what is the game plan against Ghana? ....They do have speed.....I think we will get shots, but can we defend against them? .....US 2 Ghana 1
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/25/2010, 3:02 pm

last time we did good against them , but got hosed by a penalty call on Gooch, which gave Ghana the go ahead goal on the pk... final was 2-1.

we can do this... but you're right.... our defense is the question.. Does Gooch get the start? stay with Bornstein? I dunno, my gut says go with Gooch.. need his intimidating presence, and the rest from last game should put him back in form.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down