Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Kyle Owen Classic Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Kyle Owen Classic

+4
scr460
GoWide
Prism
soccermom040
8 posters

Go down

Kyle Owen Classic Empty Kyle Owen Classic

Post by soccermom040 6/26/2010, 11:30 am

Andro gets revenge over Coppell. Guess Coppell doesn't have their guest players this weekend.
TFC looks like they're gearing up for D1.
DTRN losing to a PPL team.... Can't believe these guys are getting another free pass to D2.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Kyle Owen Classic Empty Re: Kyle Owen Classic

Post by Prism 6/26/2010, 12:41 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Andro gets revenge over Coppell. Guess Coppell doesn't have their guest players this weekend.
TFC looks like they're gearing up for D1.
DTRN losing to a PPL team.... Can't believe these guys are getting another free pass to D2.
FCDRW gets beat 2-0 by a PPL team...can't believe these guys are getting another free pass to D2...
It's a June tournament...lots of guest players trying out teams and vice versa...don't read too much into results.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 6/26/2010, 1:25 pm

Going by that rationale, shouldn't the CL teams be pulling the better guest players? FCDRW is not losing players to big bro in D1 so their team should be in tact. DTRN has been given another chance at D2, which means recruiting becomes easier for them.
TFC Blue is middle of the road PPL, and big bro TFC is in this same tourney so Blue is not borrowing from within the club.
FCDR just got sent back to PPL.
Point is that PPL teams are not going to lure guest players this time of yr b/c the good players are trying to move UP the ladder, not down.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 6/26/2010, 4:08 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Going by that rationale, shouldn't the CL teams be pulling the better guest players? FCDRW is not losing players to big bro in D1 so their team should be in tact. DTRN has been given another chance at D2, which means recruiting becomes easier for them.
TFC Blue is middle of the road PPL, and big bro TFC is in this same tourney so Blue is not borrowing from within the club.
FCDR just got sent back to PPL.
Point is that PPL teams are not going to lure guest players this time of yr b/c the good players are trying to move UP the ladder, not down.
So...if FCDRW is staying intact...why did they lose to a PPL team?
Guest players have little or no time to learn to work with the other players, so there won't be a lot of teamwork going on.
The real point is...results in this tournament are totally meaningless.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 6/26/2010, 5:40 pm

"So...if FCDRW is staying intact...why did they lose to a PPL team?"
That's my point McFly! Everytime a PPL or APl team beats a CL team, it proves the point that I've been trying to make for 4 yrs now... NTX soccer is not all that great and that the only decent soccer is the top 5-6 of D1 and Academy.
CL D2 teams losing to PPL teams so close to tryouts is never good... regardless of how confident you feel about your team.
If it wasn't for that stoopid club bye rule, FCDRW & DTRN would be kicking around at Russell Creek.
On another note... where's your dancing purple guy that you had on the old TM. I liked that waxing fool! Kyle Owen Classic Icon_lol
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 6/26/2010, 7:12 pm

soccermom040 wrote:"So...if FCDRW is staying intact...why did they lose to a PPL team?"
That's my point McFly! Everytime a PPL or APl team beats a CL team, it proves the point that I've been trying to make for 4 yrs now... NTX soccer is not all that great and that the only decent soccer is the top 5-6 of D1 and Academy.
CL D2 teams losing to PPL teams so close to tryouts is never good... regardless of how confident you feel about your team.
If it wasn't for that stoopid club bye rule, FCDRW & DTRN would be kicking around at Russell Creek.
On another note... where's your dancing purple guy that you had on the old TM. I liked that waxing fool! Kyle Owen Classic Icon_lol
I know...I can't remeber where I got the dancing hippo!

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 6/26/2010, 7:57 pm

Prism wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:"So...if FCDRW is staying intact...why did they lose to a PPL team?"
I know...I can't remeber where I got the dancing hippo!
And the N Tx soccer being not so great? as compared to what? South Texas Soccer? North Dakota soccer? Ohio soccer?
In general...D1 teams are better than D2 teams...D2 teams are better than D3 teams...and D3 teams are better than PPL or API teams. Every game? No...but if I were a betting man...I would bet on it and win a lot more money than lose.
And at U11 to U14, if a kid is on a D2 team vs.a Plano team...it really doesn't matter in the big picture of life...by U15 and up, there are lots of kids that started in Plano or Arlington at U11 and have moved up to D1 or D2...and lots that have gone the other way.
Our system is flawed...absolutely...but we sure have a whole lot of kids involved, and I think that's a great thing!
Now...we are headed out the door for the 5 minute drive to Craig Ranch to watch some soccer!

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoWide 6/26/2010, 9:08 pm

TFC 96 Blue did have a guest player. They used a 97 goalie that was not playing this weekend.

GoWide
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scr460 6/27/2010, 2:44 pm

web says TFC Blue PPL team beat Classic 1 TFC big brother. Guess they aren't ready for Division 1??
Saw lots of guest players this weekend...Seems logical that the coaches determining if players are a fit would be more meaningful than playing to win.... just saying....

scr460
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 6/27/2010, 6:23 pm

Maybe TFC Blue will be good enough this year to reach the challenge games. I think that team has finished 3rd in Plano every year. It appears to have been a good tournament for them-maybe they should keep the 97 guest player. A good keeper is hard to find-no matter what the age.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 6/27/2010, 6:41 pm

If these teams are like my BBs there are a lot of vacations, church camps, Playstation / X-Box, and general rest going on this time of year. Not much soccer. Yeah, they are still showing up at practice, going through the motions, playing grabass, etc., but not much seriousness about soccer from these young teenagers in the last few weeks (and that is probably a good thing). Combine that with tons of guest-players and you basically get what you get in late June.

Haven't seen TFC or Andro play in awhile but if they each have a good percentage of their rosters back from last year they'll be fine in D1. Not saying one or both won't come back down after a year but they'll be OK. Same with FCDRW - I'm sure they will be OK next season.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 6/28/2010, 9:07 am

to sum it up...late June tournaments are more for evaluating potential players the trophy hunting.....but great job to the underdogs pulling off the upsets!....
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan35 6/28/2010, 3:53 pm

Most tournaments are meaningless, not just June. I'm sure its utterly meaningless to FC Dallas White (semi finalists) and TFC Blue players.
Its got to be difficult since Plano is really no better than a glorified Rec league to see CL teams lose not once but 6 or 7 times to PPL teams - guest players??? Unknown factor. However if you don't have any experience with PPL, then you have absolutely no business commenting on whether they can draw guest players or how good or not good they are because you will make gross misstatements and come across as completely ignorant.
Is TFC Blue a D1 D2 team - no, lack consistency. Are TFC and Andro, yes., bigger stronger faster. The occassional favorable result for PPL is nothing but positive for all of NTX because it highlights the level of development going on here and level of competitiveness as opposed to the lack of 'decent' soccer... As Prism noted (I believe), there are quality players and coaches at all levels in NTX .
Once in a while the little guy wins, congrats to TFC Blue for a hard fought victory.

soccerfan35
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 6/28/2010, 5:40 pm

Soccerfan 35, glad you can join the party! Your spin control of PPL teams beating CL2 teams is an example of development proves that you're one of these brainwashed NTX parents. I've seen PPL teams play and they don't play soccer, they play kick ball. And for CL D2 teams to lose to that style shows the lack of skill these boys are being taught. So I'm not what development you're talking about.
Did you watch US vs Ghana... perfect example of how big, fast, kickball doesn't work against a skilled team. Not to say Ghana is tremendously skilled but they can play both styles, long ball (with purpose) and possession. Shouldn't CL D2 and bottom half D1 teams be able to do that? Who cares what time of the yr it is. If a coach can't tell if a player can help his team after 1-2 practices, then there's something wrong. You don't need a tournament to see that. Or maybe the coach is trying to decide on player 17 & 18... so he gets his full salary.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan35 6/28/2010, 7:35 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Soccerfan 35, glad you can join the party! Your spin control of PPL teams beating CL2 teams is an example of development proves that you're one of these brainwashed NTX parents. I've seen PPL teams play and they don't play soccer, they play kick ball. And for CL D2 teams to lose to that style shows the lack of skill these boys are being taught. So I'm not what development you're talking about.
Did you watch US vs Ghana... perfect example of how big, fast, kickball doesn't work against a skilled team. Not to say Ghana is tremendously skilled but they can play both styles, long ball (with purpose) and possession. Shouldn't CL D2 and bottom half D1 teams be able to do that? Who cares what time of the yr it is. If a coach can't tell if a player can help his team after 1-2 practices, then there's something wrong. You don't need a tournament to see that. Or maybe the coach is trying to decide on player 17 & 18... so he gets his full salary.
soccermom thanks for the welcome Smile
Actually you and I think quite the same in many ways.
I absolutely agree - who cares what time of year - I said the same thing but understand about guest players messing the flow and maybe not being reflective of the team in regular season play. I agree the clubs coach primarily dump and run soccer at all levels as opposed to skill based ball control style. I do know of a few control style coaches but not that many. I would guess that is because at the younger undeveloped ages that's what wins games and winning = $$$ - development is pushed to the side but I don't run a club so...
Not ALL teams in ALL leagues play dump and run. Its all about the coach not the league. My point is PPL/Arlington is developing players within the system it has to work with. Plenty of the the teams play 'kick ball' probably the same proportioin as in CL. I have seen skilled, talented quality players at all levels. In PPL/Arlington, D3 skilled but smaller players get to play - overlooked by 'higher level' teams because they are small and don't fit in dump and run.
Personally, my kids play for coaches who are skill/tactical based and they love soccer. They will be able to play at some capacity all their life...my work here is done.
oh and in fact I have watched all of at least 75% of the WC games so far, including US v Ghana...all in all exciting for soccer in the US.

soccerfan35
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 6/29/2010, 11:37 am

Plano & Arlington has talent....there are top players on these teams that can make the top CL D1 teams. In fact, I know one that was in PPL, then CL for 1 yr, and now has made a PL roster. Although, I can say this year there maybe be more of the top PPL players looking to move up the ladder. So signing day should be interseting and expect to see new faces in CL!
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down