Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Kyle Owen Classic 2011 ('01) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Kyle Owen Classic 2011 ('01)

+6
tmooney
slampg
TMTMTL
rdg
chino
PG-Boy
10 posters

Go down

Kyle Owen Classic 2011 ('01) Empty Kyle Owen Classic 2011 ('01)

Post by PG-Boy 6/21/2011, 7:23 pm

Will FCD Premier have a rematch with FWFC this upcoming Sunday in the Final? Or will a surprise team spoil round 2?

Comments and predictions...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=16190&GroupID=154975&Sex=Boys&Age=10

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Kyle Owen Classic 2011 ('01) Empty Re: Kyle Owen Classic 2011 ('01)

Post by chino 6/21/2011, 9:48 pm

seem like its gonna be a rematch, fwfc will win again if they bring their guest players, if they dont its gonna be a close match
chino
chino
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 6/21/2011, 10:29 pm

I did not think that Solar Red liked their players guest playing. I know that it is a club rule to not allow it at select ages.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMTMTL 6/21/2011, 10:41 pm

Who says they're guest players?

TMTMTL
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 6/22/2011, 1:40 am

Premier and FCFW will play in the semis and whoever advances (my guess in Premier) will be 50/50 to win the finals against FCD Waters. The only reason FCFW may win their bracket is if the rumor is true that Waters is using this tourney to try out new players.

Last edited by slampg on 6/23/2011, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmooney 6/22/2011, 7:19 am

rdg wrote:I did not think that Solar Red liked their players guest playing. I know that it is a club rule to not allow it at select ages.

they have not signed contracts. they are not "select" for 8 more days...
tmooney
tmooney
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 6/22/2011, 9:10 am

tmooney wrote:
rdg wrote:I did not think that Solar Red liked their players guest playing. I know that it is a club rule to not allow it at select ages.

they have not signed contracts. they are not "select" for 8 more days...

I understand..... "guest" was more of a general term used, if someone has given a verbal commitment for 8 days from now. Especially to a coach that is known for not wanting his players playing with other teams.

And for all I know, those players left Solar Red altogether. FWFC would be lucky to keep them. But, FWFC will be just fine with out them as well. They are a good team and will qualify at the top of the '01 group with or without said SR players.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 6/22/2011, 9:36 am

I don't think ANY club or coach likes their players guest playing especially this close to signing day (at any level) but isn't this the time to do it?. I'm curious why you specifically mentioned Solar. Very Happy

Anyway, since this was a fun post about predictions:

Final/Semifinal game:

FCD wins even if half of the Solar Red team shows up cheers .

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/22/2011, 10:10 am

I am kind of doubting that the Solar Red kids will be guest playing this weekend unless they are contemplating joining FWFC. My suspicion is that the Solar coach may have had a talk with the players' parents that guest played.

FC Dallas Premier, FWFC white, FC Dallas Junior, and Liverpool Callaghan are the teams in the semi.

The final will feature two of these three teams: FC Dallas Premier, FWFC white, FC Dallas Junior
FWFC won the last tournament, but with guest players
FC Dallas Premier struggled against OC wizard in last tourney, but is a very good team overall.

Last edited by jstply on 6/22/2011, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 6/22/2011, 10:46 am

Ochocinco wrote:

I don't think ANY club or coach likes their players guest playing especially this close to signing day (at any level) but isn't this the time to do it?. I'm curious why you specifically mentioned Solar. Very Happy

Anyway, since this was a fun post about predictions:

Final/Semifinal game:

FCD wins even if half of the Solar Red team shows up cheers .

I only mentioned Solar because I knew that is where the players came from and I have experience with Solar and knowing that the club in general and that coach in particular is pretty vocal about not "guest" playing.

Should be good games this weekend either way. Good luck to all involved.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/23/2011, 9:15 pm

slampg wrote:Premier and FCFW will play in the semis and whoever advances (my guess in Premier) will be 50/50 to win the finals against FCD Waters. The only reason FCFW may win their bracket is if the rumor is true that Waters is using this tourney to try out new players.

Yes, I believe he is evaluating newer players. I know a few players that have been with Jon for awhile are not playing in this tounament. The team should still make it to the semis.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMTMTL 6/23/2011, 9:18 pm

jstply wrote:
slampg wrote:Premier and FCFW will play in the semis and whoever advances (my guess in Premier) will be 50/50 to win the finals against FCD Waters. The only reason FCFW may win their bracket is if the rumor is true that Waters is using this tourney to try out new players.

Yes, I believe he is evaluating newer players. I know a few players that have been with Jon for awhile are not playing in this tounament. The team should still make it to the semis.

From what I've heard, the same can be said of FCFW, just like last week.

TMTMTL
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/23/2011, 9:21 pm

TMTMTL wrote:
jstply wrote:

So you are saying that the Solar Red players last week are trying to join/joining FWFC?
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 6/23/2011, 9:30 pm

TMTMTL wrote:
jstply wrote:

Can't speak for FWFC, but I'm pretty sure the FCD player evaluations are not guest appearances of other teams' studs... just new kids seeing if they want to play with the team.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 6/24/2011, 6:32 am

slampg wrote:
TMTMTL wrote:
jstply wrote:

Can't speak for FWFC, but I'm pretty sure the FCD player evaluations are not guest appearances of other teams' studs... just new kids seeing if they want to play with the team.

I cannot speak for FWFC neither, but I heard those Solar players started a few years ago with FWFC.....regardless of them playing or not, I will not speculate and will give both the players families and FWFC the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck everybody this weekend.
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellow-card 6/25/2011, 8:54 pm

jstply wrote:I am kind of doubting that the Solar Red kids will be guest playing this weekend unless they are contemplating joining FWFC. My suspicion is that the Solar coach may have had a talk with the players' parents that guest played.

FC Dallas Premier, FWFC white, FC Dallas Junior, and Liverpool Callaghan are the teams in the semi.

The final will feature two of these three teams: FC Dallas Premier, FWFC white, FC Dallas Junior
FC Dallas Premier struggled against OC wizard in last tourney, but is a very good team overall.
FC Dallas Premier vs. FC Dallas Junior, FWFC White vs Liverpool Keegan in the Semi.
Good Luck to All
yellow-card
yellow-card
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 6/25/2011, 10:41 pm

Anybody know what happened to Solar (Gold)??? They were a no-show for the tournament. All their opponents were awarded forfeit victories.

These tournaments are expensive. Nobody wants to waste $$ for games that are not played.

You pay to play, not pay to win by forfeit.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/26/2011, 7:16 am

yellow-card wrote:
jstply wrote:I am kind of doubting that the Solar Red kids will be guest playing this weekend unless they are contemplating joining FWFC. My suspicion is that the Solar coach may have had a talk with the players' parents that guest played.

FC Dallas Premier vs. FC Dallas Junior, FWFC White vs Liverpool Keegan in the Semi.
Good Luck to All

Almost had it right. Would love to see a FWFC vs FCD Junior rematch. The previous game ended in a scoreless draw. They have to get past FCD Premier first which is no easy task.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 6/26/2011, 9:16 am

jstply wrote:
yellow-card wrote:

Good Luck to All

Almost had it right. Would love to see a FWFC vs FCD Junior rematch. The previous game ended in a scoreless draw. They have to get past FCD Premier first which is no easy task.

Agreed. The 0-0 draw was one of the best games I've seen in a long while and the result was earned by both teams. Both teams had chances to score. Both keepers were lock-down. First half definitely went to FWFC with their longballs into the attack. Second half was reversed with FCD playing the better part of the half in the final third of the field. Doubt it will happen, but would love to see the rematch in the finals!
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/27/2011, 12:48 pm

Congrats to FC Dallas Premier for winning the tounament.

I just read a sad post about this tournament under "Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This. " Pathetic and sad. The coach is a piece of turd, but let's not take anything away from the boys! They played a great game! Good job Premier!
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down