Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Cards and Suspensions? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Cards and Suspensions?

+14
twotone
protayus
forward thinker
seriousfoulplay
GoalFC
gsterbenz
scottallison1
davito
debit
finish1
nearpost95
Number13
hanallalone
CCM
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cards and Suspensions? Empty Cards and Suspensions?

Post by CCM 4/1/2016, 1:01 pm

I am trying to understand the "Repeal" process and how it works.

There are some clubs such as Sporting United that have 26 or so cards with a couple of their players with 5 or 6 each... yet 1.5hrs before their game they somehow get the 2 game suspension repealed and then go on to get another in that game last night.

What is the criteria? Our team had 2 players with 3 yellows and we served them. How is it that a team with a known history of numerous yellows per game (including both coaches) somehow get them repealed?

Just curious.

Thanks.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/misconduct.aspx?EventID=46557&GroupID=454656&Gender=Boys&Age=14

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Cards and Suspensions? Empty Re: Cards and Suspensions?

Post by hanallalone 4/1/2016, 1:36 pm

Sure hear a lot about this team and their poor behavior... IMO, there is no room for teams like that in CL... Kinda takes the Class out of Classic! I'm sure there are a few non-sanctioned gladiator leagues that would love to have them... I bet they could get away with even more stuff and not have to worry about the uniform or roster restrictions that CL enforce... Just out of curiosity, have they injured anyone? Seems like their reputation is pretty tarnished...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/1/2016, 1:50 pm

Amusingly, according to NTSSA rules:

When, during the current soccer year, the players/coaches/assistant coaches of a given team have accumulated a
total of 7 send-offs in league play (including red cards issued as a result of an individual receiving 2 yellow
cards in a single game) or any combination of cards totaling 25, the Member Association will immediately
notify the NTSSA A&D Committee who will require the coach and at least 2/3 of the members of the team to
appear before the NTSSA A&D Committee for a hearing and investigation into continued misconduct.

So in theory they already had a nice sit-down with the A&D committee.

Sorry, I don't know how the appeals/repeals process works.   Big fan of the Beretta code....don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/1/2016, 1:55 pm

They had 24 prior to last night. Now at 26.

For the record, last night's game was a very good match and mostly behaved. Not near as rough as previous ones. We came away with a hard fought 3-2 win.

I really wasn't so much criticizing the team, but just was very curious about the rules and why some teams are getting repeals when their star players are suspended. It's very much not just Sporting.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/1/2016, 2:50 pm

a couple of points...

yellow cards are given for a variety of reasons in addition to reckless tackles and intentional tactical fouls - dissent of referee's call, encroaching within the 10 yards of a free kick, committing too many simple fouls, delaying a restart - which fall into the stupid/undisciplined category instead of "dirty". a team could be undisciplined or dirty or both.

suspensions can be served at any sanctioned game, including tournaments, e.g. Dallas Cup.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/1/2016, 3:03 pm

Thanks for the info. I'd be shocked if they skipped Dallas Cup games, but good to know. Regardless, 26 cards including two on coaches doesn't look good for whatever reason. One last night was for shoving a player out of frustration.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/1/2016, 3:21 pm

Number13 wrote: Big fan of the Beretta code....don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Haha. I got that. santa
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 4/1/2016, 3:30 pm

@hanallalone, yes there are injuries. When my son's team played them this spring, two players were carted off the field not to return. One slight concussion and one ankle injury (trainer thought it was broken, but x-rays were negative thankfully). Oh and yes, a few yellow cards just for funsies...

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/1/2016, 3:57 pm

I wonder how many others have endured injuries or close calls? I can only imagine how things could escalate if a player sustains a permanent injury from this team... I would have a hard time not taking action if one of my boys was seriously injured due to dirty play under the supervision of a coach notorious for having dirty players... Would be VERY hard to wait for the league to handle it... Then again, dragging a coach into the parking lot to explain in great detail might not be the classiest way to handle it either... I am very glad we are a year younger and will never play them... Hopefully the issue will be resolved before something bad happens that could have been prevented...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/1/2016, 4:27 pm

http://www.sportingunitedsc.com/#!mission-statement/c1f7h

Mission statement sounds good... Sure is a lot of chatter about this one particular team... Surely it has some validity?
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/1/2016, 5:48 pm

They are a very good team. Those boys can really play but more than any other team in the 02s they are overly physical. Their card history in CL the last 2 years just confirms what you see on the pitch. Worse still the pattern of yellows suggests that the fouls are deliberately spread across a large number of players to avoid suspensions.

As an Englishman I believe in a certain amount of physicality, this ain't ballet, but too much diminishes the value of skills and leads to injuries. We should be prioritizing skills.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/1/2016, 5:54 pm

Good question on the repeals. So far it seems like nobody knows how. I would also doubt players sat out the Dallas Cup.

It is pretty lame that a team can clear CL suspensions in an unrelated tournament. Especially since cards received in tournaments have no bearing on CL suspensions.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/1/2016, 6:48 pm

davito wrote:They are a very good team. Those boys can really play but more than any other team in the 02s they are overly physical. Their card history in CL the last 2 years just confirms what you see on the pitch. Worse still the pattern of yellows suggests that the fouls are deliberately spread across a large number of players to avoid suspensions.

As an Englishman I believe in a certain amount of physicality, this ain't ballet, but too much diminishes the value of skills and leads to injuries. We should be prioritizing skills.

Agreed... Have a very small sample of play to judge them on, but have seen them play briefly and they are a quality side... However, if a group is consistently cautioned without true repercussions it encourages them to continue committing the infractions... The coach is the one to intervene, but it sounds like he has a hand in it... It is a physical game, but the CL refs usually allow for the game to be played... 26 cards is UP THERE! Where there is smoke, there USUALLY is fire... Been a lot of smoke regarding Sporting... Hopefully somebody will intervene...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scottallison1 4/1/2016, 10:39 pm

Sorry but for me this is very simple. If there is no discipline from the coach, there will be no discipline from the players or the parents. He gets away with things in Spanish, when any English speaking coach would never get away with it; they would be immediately thrown out.

The things he says in a game and directly to his players are frankly a disgrace.

During Dallas Cup I had a California coach of a team who made the 02 semi-finals ask me how this guy was allowed to coach, because of the way he was acting.

I think it is simply ridiculous that nothing has been done about this before now.

I actually think they are a good team; yes they play physical but that is part of the game. However the coach is a disgrace to youth sports, as is the fact that the league has not dealt with it.

scottallison1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/1/2016, 11:15 pm

And there you have it... Hard to imagine a collective of bad sportsmen at 13-14 yrs old without a bad leader teaching them to be that way... Like I said before, glad we don't play them; I believe in the Karma Assistance Program... Somebody will deal with it eventually, and hopefully it is a league official instead of a parent who has seen enough...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/2/2016, 10:59 am

Totally agree Scott!  It is embarrassing to witness.  The fact that it appears that you can get suspensions overturned at will is troubling.  We had a player get his 3rd this morning... Probably would make sense to try and get that overturned for our game against you guys next week.  LOL!

Anyone else here see the irony in the player that has 6 cards playing for SPORTING United and having 5 of 6 cards for UB = UnSPORTING Behavior?

Doesn't look like he got suspended for his 6th either... They did lose handily to Spiars today though 3-0.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gsterbenz 4/2/2016, 8:45 pm

Here is my thoughts on the mysterious repeal of yellow cards by the 2 players. As per NTSSA Rule 3.11.2.2, 3.11.2.3, and 3.11.3.9, any player/coach receiving a send-off (red card) must sit-out the next scheduled game that the player’s team is involved in. This would mean that the players had to sit out in the Dallas Cup games. Sucks to be them but rules are rules. In classic league, Serving the sit-out in a non-league game is done via traditional paper forms you get signed at the tournament attending. Then supply to Classic league via scan/email. Classic league not always the most timely on updating systems with the information received by email. So I suspect it got taken care of on the spot with paperwork in hand before the games on 3/31. That's how I see it played out. Also, for the record. if a player received a suspension in a tournament game that is just before the next classic game. The player must sit out that next classic game. These are North Texas rules. You don't get to pick and choose what game to serve a sit out. The classic website probably doesn't have a good way to show sit-outs served by non-league games thus repeal is used to "CLEAR" it.

gsterbenz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/2/2016, 11:50 pm

I have never heard of tournament suspensions or accumulated cards being applied in Classic League. Has this rule ever actually been applied.

Had a game this morning where CL misconduct showed a player had 3 yellow and suspension starting 1st April. Player and coach walk over to Classic building before game. Player doesn't start but subs in during first half.

?????
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/3/2016, 12:34 pm

Get this.   So the 2 additional cards that Sporting received on Thursday during our game are now not even showing up on the misconduct report.  They were at 26 yesterday. Now they're back at 24.  I'm sorry but there is something not right going on here.  The 2 they received in our game were definite yellows and now they are nowhere to be seen.  CL owes us all an explanation. These were not just REPEALED. But DELETED!

Last edited by CCM on 4/3/2016, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/3/2016, 2:24 pm

WOW!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/3/2016, 2:34 pm

The coach was busy arguing with the refs for a long time after the match. Still. Even if he won his argument (which on one was shoving a kid out of frustration), why would the cards go into the system for several days and then be DELETED? While it has no effect on our team at this point, I am starting to really question CL and whether there is some corruption going on there. This is pretty much cut and dry wrong.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gsterbenz 4/3/2016, 5:07 pm

BTW, A suspension in a tournament such as Ken smith will carry over in NTSSA to the next game even a classic game. It will show suspended in the gotsoccer account which is where classic manages suspensions.
I make it my business to know who I play next and what the card situation is. If you are seeing this unusual behavior your coach or manager should be on top of it and questioning it. I know if I saw a player expected to be out suddenly show up to play I would ask for an explanation on the spot. That is really where answers need to be sought.

gsterbenz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/3/2016, 6:43 pm

Yeah, I saw they had 26 yellows yesterday and now it is back down to 24.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/3/2016, 7:14 pm

The thing is. You can follow it all you want but when you show up to the game and check and it's been repealed an hour before, the refs don't know anything. They are just not suspended as they were to be a few hours before. And then when cards appear and disappear without any record that's a whole other story.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/3/2016, 9:42 pm

Just an opinion, but I would take it all the way to the top and demand an explanation; it appears that somebody is cheating the system... If that is happening, it impacts all of us! PLEASE pursue and keep us posted...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next