Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Cards and Suspensions? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Cards and Suspensions?

+14
twotone
protayus
forward thinker
seriousfoulplay
GoalFC
gsterbenz
scottallison1
davito
debit
finish1
nearpost95
Number13
hanallalone
CCM
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cards and Suspensions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cards and Suspensions?

Post by hanallalone 4/3/2016, 9:42 pm

Just an opinion, but I would take it all the way to the top and demand an explanation; it appears that somebody is cheating the system... If that is happening, it impacts all of us! PLEASE pursue and keep us posted...

hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/4/2016, 1:07 am

There are no "repeals" of cards - once the managers or coaches acknowledge the score and cards on the game sheet, that's it.
That being said, it should be noted, and obvious, that
entering the cards into the database is an activity subject to human error.

Suspensions are noted on the game sheets provided to the referees on game day. Coaches/managers/players sometimes challenge the accuracy of the marked suspensions, in which case a CL official is consulted. The database and the previous game reports, which are kept on file, as well as any properly-executed sit-out documents, can be used to verify the suspension.

The teams have the responsibility, and it is in the teams' interests, to verify that their cards are correct in the database.

As previously stated, suspensions may be cleared by sitting out a sanctioned, non-league, game. Hard-copy proof is required.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/4/2016, 8:45 am

....There are no "repeals" of cards......

Not true. Check out the misconduct link and you will find that there are in fact repeals of suspensions.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/misconduct.aspx?EventID=46557&GroupID=454656&Gender=Boys&Age=14

View the details for two players for Sporting with 5 Yellows.

"Out 2 Games, Starting 2/28/2016, Result repealed 3/31/2016 6:29:44 PM"

There is also a player on FCD Thornber who has 4 yellows that shows a repeal too.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/4/2016, 8:53 am

nearpost95 - Not true at all... There are several "Repeals" on several teams.

As Davito pointed out..not just Sporting..

The Sporting player that had 6 after our game Thursday...showed 6 Fri-Sunday... Then all of a sudden, it was removed and now shows 5 yet again. #22 for the record. It also shows repeal of 2 game suspension on both of their players. Thornber and a couple of others have Repeals as well....

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalFC 4/4/2016, 9:47 am

A player or coach receiving a straight red in the last game played of a tournament, must sit out their next sanctioned game. A double yellow (red) doesn't count.

A misconduct can be repealed for different reasons, but two of them are....
The referee not turning in the misconduct report within 72 hours. Not sure if the game report is sufficient for reporting cautions, but I know send-offs and spectator or team official misconduct must have a separate report.
Also, a referee can later change a Red for Violent Conduct (which carries a two game suspension) to Serious Foul Play (1 game suspension) or even (but unlikely) change it to a Yellow or take any misconduct away all together.

If a team is about to play in a big game or tournament and you have a player/s that are on a sit out, you can actually file a paper with your home association and get approval from NTX to have a "friendly" sanctioned. You then have the referee assignor get you a referee crew. Pay them to call the game and you fill out the Sit Out Verification and turn it into CL. Done, the player/s sit out a meaningless game and is then able to play.

GoalFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/4/2016, 10:15 am

Like folks said...I don't think they repealed the cards, they repealed the suspensions.  Otherwise the kids with 5 cards (who maybe should have 6, but another matter) would have two more games of suspensions looming.   Which MAY mean that the suspension was served outside of CL, don't know.  

Shrug.  I don't know any details but no great shock that, as with all facets of life, there are shortcuts for people willing to do whatever it takes.   Lord forbid everyone's tax returns were public.   All you can do is control your own business in a way you think is fair, cause other people will drive you bonkers.

On a positive note on this topic:  Kudos to Stricker, Spiars, Renner for pretty clean disciplinary record.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by seriousfoulplay 4/4/2016, 10:18 am

As mentioned prior, and I speak 100% from prior experience, the word "repealed" is used when accumulated cards resulting in a suspension or a suspension due to a send off and that suspension is served in a NON CL League game (tourney). Once the paperwork has been submitted to CL verifying the sit out, the Gotsoccer status is changed to repealed by CL officials.

seriousfoulplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/4/2016, 10:20 am

Interesting...

Still hard for me to understand why 1.5hrs before our game 2 players 2 game suspensions were repealed...1 of them got another yellow, and it appeared on Got Soccer, then it disappeared as well as another yellow that happened in that game. The ones that disappeared happened AFTER their following game (i.e., they received 25th and 26th during our Thursday game, it showed up...they then played on Saturday...and on Sunday the 25th and 26th cards completely disappear...They don't show served and they don't show repealed).

Anyway, this has been both enlightening and confusing...And I am still not convinced this is all on the up and up. Call me jaded...but there is a long history here and no apparent consequences...Much like Scott mentioned above.

Thanks for all that have contributed to my inquiry. Much appreciated.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 4/4/2016, 12:40 pm

I've wondered why some of these teams are so physical. Is it an environment thing? Are they being taught by older brothers or coaches or learning it by watching tv? If my son does something to another player that is dangerous, he is going to hear from me. I feel like I am doing my son a disservice. Should he take self defense, or martial arts?
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/4/2016, 1:36 pm

Don't forget, most of these same players are superior floppers/actors too.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/4/2016, 2:01 pm

davito wrote:
Had a game this morning where CL misconduct showed a player had 3 yellow and suspension starting 1st April. Player and coach walk over to Classic building before game. Player doesn't start but subs in during first half.

?????

So Saturday morning during the game the misconduct link said this player had 3 yellows and suspension starting 1st April. Now it just says the player has 1 yellow. So more cards are magically disappearing. No mention of repeal. Just cards shown one minute and gone the next.

The misconduct link is still not showing cards that were issued to a player in our team in another game several weeks ago.

I initially liked the misconduct link. I thought it showed that cards were being tracked correctly and discipline enforced. But now it is clear that it is not accurate, there is not enough transparency and it raises more questions than answers.

davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by seriousfoulplay 4/4/2016, 2:27 pm

To further clarify, when a game suspension is served outside the league and the mandatory sit out is shown as "repealed", the cards are still there (or were in our case). This allows the count to continue in case they accumulate up to 5 for another suspension.

seriousfoulplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/4/2016, 4:02 pm

Other than having access to the game sheets and sit-out forms and an audit trail of the database transactions, what else would you have the league do for transparency?  I know you aren't getting the identification info for the players, who are minors.

Another point: the cards are supposed to follow the player name and registration number, not the jersey number.  Jersey numbers can be changed via the roster update procedure.  not outside the realm of possibilities that a card is inadvertently attributed to the number and not the name.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 4/4/2016, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/4/2016, 4:56 pm

It would help if there was an audit trail with reasons provided for any changes made.

So there would be an explanation of why a suspension was repealed. e.g. "Suspension served in first game of Dallas Cup"

And if cards were logged but subsequently removed again for some reason there would be a reason e.g. "yellow for game 1234 removed due to incorrect identification and reassigned to player #1
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/4/2016, 5:43 pm

davito wrote:It would help if there was an audit trail with reasons provided for any changes made.

So there would be an explanation of why a suspension was repealed. e.g. "Suspension served in first game of Dallas Cup"

And if cards were logged but subsequently removed again for some reason there would be a reason e.g. "yellow for game 1234 removed due to incorrect identification and reassigned to player #1

exactly what I thought you would write. sounds reasonable. if the software supports this and more work is imposed onto the responsible person then ...

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/4/2016, 11:02 pm

If it was assigned to the number and not the name, then it shouldn't just disappear...It should have gone to the correct player....

This was not a case of the wrong player/number...That is a fact as we play this team all the time and know who's who...and most certainly who's getting the cards in our games. The two kids that received yellows in our Thursday game had them added (CORRECTLY)...Then they disappeared Sunday...There was no serving of suspensions, incorrect assigning, etc.

There may be plenty of plausible explanations...but with this particular team...I don't believe any of them. There is a history with this type of behavior from coaches on down and apparently they have CL playing along. I'll just leave it at that.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by protayus 4/5/2016, 9:38 am

I've dealt with this in our team. It just depends on how the administrator handles it and whether they want to enter the game #s sat or not.

Repealed on the sheet does not necessarily mean repealed in the tradition sense. We've played games where players needed to sit but the cards had not yet been reported from the previous game. We were honestly given the option to sit them or not sit them. We sat them as we felt like we should, filled out the online form and had the refs note it. However the next game it showed they couldn't play... So we had to make the run to the club house get it straightened out run back and catch the next sub, of course we were on field 1.

However if you check the cards for the team - Liverpool 03 Rush they show as repealed, even though the players sat the required games.

protayus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/6/2016, 6:52 pm

So...I notice that the yellow card that our kid received now shows up and he is now at 3 and will sit the final game of the season. Yet the 2 yellows that Sporting United received are still REMOVED (after initially being added) and they will be able to play even though 1 should have 6 CARDS! This is just so wrong.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 4/7/2016, 8:33 pm

you should contact SOAPBOXMOM. She'd definitely get to the bottom of this.....

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 4/7/2016, 9:52 pm

CCM wrote:So...I notice that the yellow card that our kid received now shows up and he is now at 3 and will sit the final game of the season.  Yet the 2 yellows that Sporting United received are still REMOVED (after initially being added) and they will be able to play even though 1 should have 6 CARDS!  This is just so wrong.

Must be that CV has connections with CL peeps. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 4/8/2016, 6:41 am

Sporting coach has Richland College connections, but that's not CL, or is it??? Either way, it sure seems fishy..
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/8/2016, 9:15 am

if anyone really believes there are shenanigans going on, file a written complaint with the A&D committee with specific details. not as fun, though, as supposing a conspiracy.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 4/8/2016, 10:01 am

Twotone, thanks for the giggle.   I am nominating you for post of the week.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 4/8/2016, 12:11 pm

[quote="twotone"]you should contact SOAPBOXMOM. She'd definitely get to the bottom of this.....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Arsenal1984
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 4/8/2016, 1:16 pm

Arsenal1984 wrote:
twotone wrote:you should contact SOAPBOXMOM. She'd definitely get to the bottom of this.....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Probably sue someone.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 4/8/2016, 3:55 pm

Looks like our final game against LP Fagen will have a couple of "suspensions". We have a defender with 3 yellows and they have a forward with 3. We'll see if these hold up...

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next