Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

93's The Old Days - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

93's The Old Days

+11
willsfish
Yak Attack
Everton Fan
T-Bone
cityslicker61
dreambig
FlatBack4
quickfoot
omega striker
Prism
timber
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

93's The Old Days - Page 2 Empty Re: 93's The Old Days

Post by Prism 5/12/2011, 10:31 am

Ibystander wrote:
Prism wrote:I made a comment the other night out at PHP, watching the BBs last game at DC...that I remember all those "old" posters on TM telling us to enjoy it because before long it would be over...and now it is over!
Just another reminder that we always take things for granted and don't just sit back and enjoy the ride. Our adventure is just starting...thanks for the reminder.
Now, what are you going to do on all those sunny weekends? Frightening! What a Face

And my '96 is hanging it up to focus on Golf...so I guess I will be spending those sunny weekends at the golf course!

Wondering which is more money...golf or select soccer??? How much golf - lessons, equipment, course-time, etc - can you get for $3000 year?

Oh, well. It was a lot of fun! Great parents, kids, and coaches...Gordon Hill, Darren Hedges, Chas Bradley (RIP!), Mike Uremovich, Marco Ferruzi, and Patrick Shamu...thanks!!!

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 5/12/2011, 10:40 am

Prism wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Prism wrote:I made a comment the other night out at PHP, watching the BBs last game at DC...that I remember all those "old" posters on TM telling us to enjoy it because before long it would be over...and now it is over!
Just another reminder that we always take things for granted and don't just sit back and enjoy the ride. Our adventure is just starting...thanks for the reminder.
Now, what are you going to do on all those sunny weekends? Frightening! What a Face

And my '96 is hanging it up to focus on Golf...so I guess I will be spending those sunny weekends at the golf course!

Wondering which is more money...golf or select soccer??? How much golf - lessons, equipment, course-time, etc - can you get for $3000 year?

Oh, well. It was a lot of fun! Great parents, kids, and coaches...Gordon Hill, Darren Hedges, Chas Bradley (RIP!), Mike Uremovich, Marco Ferruzi, and Patrick Shamu...thanks!!!
Only 3,000? With lessons, camps, etc, I'd say it's more like 8 or 9k per child in soccer!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 5/12/2011, 10:45 am

Ibystander wrote:
Prism wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

Only 3,000? With lessons, camps, etc, I'd say it's more like 8 or 9k per child in soccer!

I think the most we ever spent was on the '93 this past year...with 2 college camps, disney travel, it was maybe $4500.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 5/12/2011, 10:59 am

Prism wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Prism wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

I think the most we ever spent was on the '93 this past year...with 2 college camps, disney travel, it was maybe $4500.
Are you excluding club fees?
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/12/2011, 11:04 am

No lessons, and only one camp for fun with his buddies. Add in all the tournament and stuff though
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 5/12/2011, 11:07 am

go99 wrote:No lessons, and only one camp for fun with his buddies. Add in all the tournament and stuff though
Ok, I guess I shouldn't count international camps, but that still leaves us at least around 6k.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 5/12/2011, 11:52 am

Ibystander wrote:
go99 wrote:No lessons, and only one camp for fun with his buddies. Add in all the tournament and stuff though
Ok, I guess I shouldn't count international camps, but that still leaves us at least around 6k.
Let me guess. Your kid must play for the Texans.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 5/12/2011, 12:34 pm

My bb has been out of soccer for a year now, but I am still feeling the nostalgia of all those soccer years...so many good times, some really GREAT times and some...not-so-much. But overall, we wouldn't change a second of it. I'm so thankful for all the memories and good friends it gave us. We learned a lot, it made my bb healthier, taught us life lessons and filled our weekends (and weekdays)! Watching my kid play and enjoy himself gave me some of my most joyous moments as a parent. In my heart...he is, and always will be, such a STAR! Like a Star @ heaven
To those parents with young ones just starting, if you are interested...my suggestions:

• Don't just sit back and let others do the work...make it your mission to "pitch" in to make the experience great for ALL the kids. You will be rewarded tenfold.
  • Let your child's smile guide you. (And keep your ego safely tucked away.)
  • Be in the moment, because you won't get it back. Time with your kids is the ultimate treasure, but if you don't collect it during the present moment, you won't have it in your memory bank later.

For those that were a part of our soccer experience...I am grateful for your time, your friendship, your boys, your guidance, and even those margaritas. drunken I consider it a blessing to have shared the sidelines with you.

For all "my" '93s...love you...thanks for the memories...
93's The Old Days - Page 2 Misc4-11
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 5/12/2011, 1:35 pm

Nice DB

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 5/12/2011, 3:12 pm

dreambig wrote:My bb has been out of soccer for a year now, but I am still feeling the nostalgia of all those soccer years...so many good times, some really GREAT times and some...not-so-much. But overall, we wouldn't change a second of it. I'm so thankful for all the memories and good friends it gave us. We learned a lot, it made my bb healthier, taught us life lessons and filled our weekends (and weekdays)! Watching my kid play and enjoy himself gave me some of my most joyous moments as a parent. In my heart...he is, and always will be, such a STAR! Like a Star @ heaven
To those parents with young ones just starting, if you are interested...my suggestions:

• Don't just sit back and let others do the work...make it your mission to "pitch" in to make the experience great for ALL the kids. You will be rewarded tenfold.
  • Let your child's smile guide you. (And keep your ego safely tucked away.)
  • Be in the moment, because you won't get it back. Time with your kids is the ultimate treasure, but if you don't collect it during the present moment, you won't have it in your memory bank later.

For those that were a part of our soccer experience...I am grateful for your time, your friendship, your boys, your guidance, and even those margaritas. drunken I consider it a blessing to have shared the sidelines with you.

For all "my" '93s...love you...thanks for the memories...
93's The Old Days - Page 2 Misc4-11
Even though I don't have a 93, I remember watching quite a few of your son's games due to a mutual friend. I still remember the 2 goals that were disallowed in the U13 playoff game, can't believe that was 6 years ago.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 5/23/2011, 11:28 pm

Ibystander wrote:
Prism wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Prism wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

Are you excluding club fees?

Nope...included those. Played for Andro 93. I think $2600 for dues...plus $300 for uniforms...plus $1000 or so for Disney. I guess you could nit-pick and add in gas money...but really wouldn't add that much more. $500 for St. Ed's camp in austin and $100 for a weekend camp.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2