Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What's up with Solar Red?  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What's up with Solar Red?

+3
Number13
booe817
Forthegame4
7 posters

Go down

What's up with Solar Red?  Empty What's up with Solar Red?

Post by Forthegame4 9/28/2016, 10:57 pm

Before I ask, let me state that my son plays for LP Rush. Good first half vs Solar Red, Second half not so good. As in Solar poured it on and won 7-0.

So here is my question. After the game Stricker hosted a team and parent meeting right there on the field. We only heard pieces of it as we walk by to exit field 9. It sounded as though there are many parents not happy with him or decisions he is making, which seemed odd as they just won 7-0. Also I heard him say he was brining on more player as he needed them if they hoped to win Nationals? Additionally, he said his team is good but not that good and that's why he will be adding players. Long after we got in our car and were exiting the parking lot, he was still on the field talking to the parents and players.

So either I really heard something incorrectly or trouble is on the horizon. Would love to get some perspective from a few Solar Red parents.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What's up with Solar Red?  Empty Re: What's up with Solar Red?

Post by booe817 9/29/2016, 7:40 am

Interesting! Have not heard anything. Maybe it's about playing time. Would definitely like to find out what's going on..

Any idea on Oddysey v Solar Gold?

Thanks for post forthegame4.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/29/2016, 8:02 am

Ody 3 SGold 0. Could have gone either way really. Our GK had a good game.

One would guess playing time is pretty good if you are winning by 7, but who knows.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks 9/29/2016, 10:52 am

Isn't it a bit early for the bait and switch? 6 games in to the season seems early. Based on previous postings on the board, I thought Stricker normally waited until the end of the season for that kind of thing.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 9/29/2016, 11:31 am

Perhaps the parents of the numerous players who were asked to "politely" leave his team(s) this past summer (and the summer before that) can enlighten us as to what's about to go down. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/30/2016, 9:04 am

This does not surprise me.  His MO seems to be the second he signs a kid up he is looking to replace him with someone better.  Contrary to what people might think I have no issue with this so long as he is transparent about it.  The issue I (and other parents) had was that he initially lied about it when he took over the team.  Possibly he learned and decided he would be outwardly open about how he operates.  If so then good for him.  IMO it creates problems for the team and kids to operate this way, but as long as there is transparency he should run his team any way he sees fit. I have seen organizations (and businesses) run like this and it never works however I can't blame Stricker for not being smart enough to understand this. His intelligence is what it is.

I see what parents here put up with from these coaches and organizations and it is obvious most of these parents are sheep and just let things happen to them.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/30/2016, 9:24 am

Everybody would consider taking better players. But let's say you are smoking everybody in CL...where exactly are you getting these hypothetical better players in Oct?

Mid-Cities Rec? Is FCD U14DA bringing in boatloads of immigrants and having a fire sale from their current roster? Is everybody defecting to your team en masse due to your animal magnetism? Is Castro shipping Solar DA bench players to you instead of to his own CL team? Is his buddy Sawyer going to player pass kids for Nationals?

I would guess none of those things are happening and nobody is upgrading their team. Who knows. But if he is having hour long meetings with players after weekday games maybe his team has elevated their post-game rituals up to the Solar U14DA standard.

Stricker seems like a reasonable guy. A reasonable guy should be pretty happy about his team's performance so far.

Baah. Baah.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol#VIDA 10/8/2016, 12:20 pm

I  usually don't comment on things I read on the forum.  I didn't even have an account until this morning but I had to comment on this topic.   I know a few of these parents and I have not heard them say anyone was complaining about playing time.  This is arguably a brand-new team (about 12 new kids) so these players & parents don't know Stricker well. It is good that he took as long as he did to explain what he was doing.   This team as well as LP Rush and Odyssey is in RPL (Regional Premiere League).  If they win RPL they have an automatic trip to the regional tournament. They are also in NPL (National premier league).  If they win NPL they have an automatic trip to the national championship tournament.   This team is good but I can tell you from watching teams in NPL over the years Stricker's team will need help.  Stricker has always filled his team with athletes not just dedicated soccer players, because of that they have a bigger possibility of being injured playing those other sports.  To win a state cup, a regional championship, and a national championship you will have to deal with injuries.   As a former coach who has been there I can tell you it's a grind and Stricker knows that.  So the conversation you overheard was like a state of the Union address.  Stricker was letting his parents know where the team is and where he hopes they will be heading.  Sounds a lot like full disclosure to me.   Since I don't know Stricker personally I do not know his inner thoughts so this is strictly my opinion only.

Futbol#VIDA
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down