Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS

+3
chronic_llama
bloodriver
Gameday 04
7 posters

Go down

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS Empty GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS

Post by Gameday 04 10/2/2016, 11:33 pm

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS / Fall 2016

The Equation (after three games)
Goal differential average,
Plus or Minus points per game record (+1 per win, -1 per loss, +.5 per tie),
Divided by 2,
= Gameday Power Rating

3.8 Chelsea East - the only Classic D3, 04 returner is leading the way!
3.5 XTreme - the #1 defense after the season's first three games.
1.2 FCD Kang - holding their own vs a tough early strength of schedule.
1.0 Crush - Maintaing a positive goal differential.
  0  Toros - Negative G.D. while having a 2 - 1 game record means average.
- 1.0 Rayos - Tough start vs the toughest strength of schedule.
-1.3 Falls Town - Competitive squad despite the long drive in.
-1.3 FCD Top - Third weakest defense in the league.
-1.5 Solar Chelsea - Have only found the back of the net twice this season.
-3.6 Evolution - Back on the recruiting trail. 

The season is in full swing and the age pure mandate and the influx of new blood has made Division 3 of the Classic league the division to watch.  This is the fist of three Gameday Power Ratings for the Fall 2016 season.  (Next rating after game 7, then after game 10.)

What is it and what does it measure?
The Gameday Power Rating is a measurement of each team versus the entire field to gauge each offensive performance and each defensive performance for every game played.  Every goal made or conceded is factored in this number.

What do the numbers mean?
A zero is the established average team while a postive number represents how many goals better (per game) is a team better than average. A negative number represents how many goals a team is off of the average team.  This is not a measurement tool necessarily for a per game basis, but it is a fair assessment of the quality of performance between each team in the field for the season up to that point.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS Empty Re: GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS

Post by Gameday 04 10/5/2016, 2:24 pm

It's great to see that impact05b used the equation for the PPL! I was wondering when someone would run the numbers on their league.

One of the comments said that the PPL top 8 could be competitive in Classic D3. I don't know if top 8 but i know a few teams that failed to qualify could be doing just as well or better than the current bottom of D3?

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 10/10/2016, 10:42 pm

We are half way through the Fall season and the League schedule provided some good matchups in the past 2 weeks. The quality sides have begun to pull away from the pack so to reinforce that sentiment it is as good a time as any to update the Gameday Power Ratings:
THROUGH 5 GAMES
4.4 Chelsea East-  Prev #1 remains on top, will Kang or Xtreme challenge?
3.8  Xtreme-  the #1 defense in Division 3 has size and speed.
2.9 FCD Kang- still at #3 but more than doubling their Power Rating.
0.7 Crush- two losses in the last two games.
0     Falls Town-  up from a negative number and now the league average.
-0.8 Rayos- they keep every game close and competitive.
-1.2  Solar Chelsea- slowly moving up 2 slots from last time.
-1.6 Toros-  tied for last in defense allowing an average of 4 goals/game.
-2.7 FCD Top- Power Rating has doubled in the wrong direction.
-4.4 Evo- next four weeks include Kang and Chelsea East, hang in there!

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodriver 10/11/2016, 9:14 pm

Why is there a power rankings for classic division 3? Doesn't that seem like a waste of time to rank the 3rd division?
bloodriver
bloodriver
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS Empty DON'T BE SUCH A CLOWN

Post by Gameday 04 10/11/2016, 11:02 pm

You think so? Don't be so naive.
Let me put it to you in simple terms that even you could understand:
DIVISION 3 is where the patch was earned. No Byes- No gimmies.
DIVISION 3 is where the 7th graders fly past the 6th graders.
DIVISION 3 is where the 7th graders physically dominate the 6th graders.
DIVISION 3 is where the more experienced teams outwill and outwit their younger counterparts.

The top 1/2 of DIVISION 3- CHELSEA EAST, XTREME, FCD KANG, CRUSH AND FALLS TOWN could hold their own in DIVISION 1 right now, but because of the flawed system only 2 will be promoted next year into DIVISION 2. Keep in mind- the 8th graders will then have their way vs the 7th graders. Then again, the following year the 9th graders will dominate over the 8th graders.
The Clubs that thought that they could assimilate by just playing up didn't think it through and will have to regroup.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama 10/12/2016, 10:00 am

I was not going to say anything and let you live in your little fantasy land but I could not resist.

DIVISION 3 is where the patch was earned. No Byes- No gimmies.

Did the D1 or D2 teams not earn their patch? Did they not qualify last year at U11 or some of kids played U12 for another classic team? Why did your team not try last year or did try and did not qualify?

DIVISION 3 is where the 7th graders fly past the 6th graders.

I cant speak for every D1 or D2 team but I'm sure every team got older. Especially at the bigger clubs. At our team we added 9 older 04s who played for older classic teams last year.

DIVISION 3 is where the 7th graders physically dominate the 6th graders.

There again I'm sure most D1 and D2 teams got older too. So most teams have 7th graders. Now my kid is a younger 04 and in 6th grade. I would put him up against any 7th grader and half of the 8th graders and I could guarantee he would not get physically dominated, those of you who know him would agree.

DIVISION 3 is where the more experienced teams outwill and outwit their younger counterparts.

I dont even know how to respond to that statement. By out will/outwit, do you mean kickball?

Its obvious that your passionate and you believe that its a flawed system but its the system we all have and we all have to live by. The top 2 teams from D3 will move up to D2 for U14 and if they are the top 2 again they can play in D1 for U15. I'm just guessing from your statement that your team in not in the top 2 and most likely will be in D3 again next year if you even re-qualify? Its ok you will just have to regroup and try again the following year. Now I do agree that some of the top D3 teams would give some D1 teams a run for their money but thats like that in almost every age group. Again this is the system that we have and if you dont like it you can go play rec.
Finish in the top 2 at the end of this season so we can all see the power rankings for D2 U14 next year and than you can tell us all that D2 is better than D1.
cheers

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 10/12/2016, 2:26 pm

"Now I do agree that some of the top D3 teams would give some D1 teams a run for their money"

Thank you for making my point.
See you in Div 2 next year.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama 10/12/2016, 2:51 pm

Gameday 04 wrote:"Now I do agree that some of the top D3 teams would give some D1 teams a run for their money"

Thank you for making my point.
See you in Div 2 next year.

I didnt make your point. A run for their money does not necessarily mean beat them just means they could keep it close or you might be out possessed 80/20 and get outscored by 7, i dont know.

Great, i cant wait to see power rankings for u14 d2. Maybe 1 day you could do it for d1. Good luck with your ascent to the top. Keep the power rankings coming. Maybe someone needs to do it for Arlington and Primetime. We dont want to leave them out.

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 10/12/2016, 3:21 pm

"i dont know"
Admitting it is the first step?

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama 10/12/2016, 3:53 pm

Sleep

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by alv3119 10/12/2016, 6:04 pm

bloodriver wrote:Why is there a power rankings for classic division 3? Doesn't that seem like a waste of time to rank the 3rd division?

Not when my BB plays in PPL and probably always will. The skills may not be there but the competitiveness is

alv3119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 10/24/2016, 9:04 pm

The next two weeks will feature the biggest games of the Fall season when the top 5 will battle it out with each other for the top spots. Through 7 games let's take a look at the updated Gameday Power Ratings:  

5.5 CHELSEA EAST has been the front runner from the beginning of the season. Strong from the back, through the midfield and into the front they appear to be Division 3's most complete lineup.  
4.9 TEXAS XTREME takes the second spot and has FCD Kang and C.E. to finish the Fall season.  Their next two games will not only be telling as to what this squad is made of, but will provide insight as to the frontrunners moving into the Spring season and the potential winners of promotion. (note: a difference of less than one in the Power Rating indicates a virtual tie.)
3.0 FCD KANG has the third highest GPR and has one of the league's most complex offenses that features a dynamic tandem of skilled attackers. 
0.7 CRUSH is in fourth place and have 2 big games coming up.
0.7 RAYOS have cracked the top 5 by winning 3 of their last 4 games.
0.2 FALLS TOWN remains close to average.
-1.2 SOLAR CHELSEA
-2.9 TEXAS TOROS
-4.1 FCD TOP
-5.5 EVOLUTION 

UPDATE AFTER NEXT GAMES.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 11/1/2016, 10:36 pm

THROUGH 8 GAMES

5.9 CHELSEA EAST
4.2 TEXAS XTREME
3.3 FCD KANG
1.6 RAYOS
0.7 FALLS TOWN
0.1  CRUSH
-0.8 SOLAR CHELSEA
-3.6 TEXAS TOROS
-3.6 FCD TOP
-5.9 EVOLUTION

FALL SEASON FINAL POWER RATINGS NEXT WEEK.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 11/7/2016, 9:59 pm

GAMEDAY POWER RATING / FALL SEASON FINALE 

6.3  CHELSEA EAST came out fast and never looked back.  Featuring the #1 Offense and the #1 Defense in the Division, this team looks to continue this Spring and punch their ticket to promotion. Are they a virtual lock to earn promotion?
3.8  FCD KANG made a strong push near the end of the season with a statement win.  The #2 offensive team looks to continue their quality play and be in the contention for promotion.
3.4  TEXAS XTREME is a balanced squad and another top contender in the race to promotion this Spring. Keep in mind that they were winning a game in the second half that was called due to weather, only to tie the make up game.  The tie hurt their power rating but if that rainout game would have counted, their power rating would have been 3.8 which is something to keep in mind moving forward.
2.2  RAYOS had a rough start but you could see them pull it together to get into fourth place and the fourth highest rating.  But can they overcome a 4/8 goal differential vs. the Division's top 3 teams this Spring?
1.4  FALLS TOWN is a team that nobody looks forward to playing with its size and toughness.  
-0.6  CRUSH is the other team that most do not look forward to playing. Their signature win this season was a one goal game vs. FCD Kang.  
RELEGATION ZONE-the bottom four will have their own tournament inside the spring season to stay out of the RZ.
-1.4   SOLAR CHELSEA (8 pts.) depending on how you look at it, they have a power rating double that of the Toros which moving forward projects them above them on points.  The Gameday Power Rating is the objective performance measurement tool. 
-2.9  TEXAS TOROS (9 pts.) had the most wins (3) of the teams in the RZ, but had the worst defensive performance (39).  
-4.0  FCD TOP (4 pts.) has their work cut out for themselves to get out of the bottom two spots.  
-6.3 EVOLUTION (0 pts.)  there are 2 teams in the RZ that have a higher defensive average than Evo.  

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 11/8/2016, 9:15 am

I believe the Relegation Zone is the bottom 6. In D3 only the top 4 are safe. The top two move up to D2 and 3 and 4 stay in D3.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 11/8/2016, 12:11 pm

LLHowie wrote:I believe the Relegation Zone is the bottom 6. In D3 only the top 4 are safe. The top two move up to D2 and 3 and 4 stay in D3.

That is a great point LLHOWIE.

Can anyone clarify how many will be dropped? If it is 4 the yes, the RZ extends into the bottom 6 teams. The Spring season will bring much more pressure and exciting games.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama 11/8/2016, 12:26 pm

Yes LLH is 100% correct. Top 2 go to D2, 3 and 4 stay D3 and 5-10 have to requalify.

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

GAMEDAY POWER RATINGS Empty Chelsea & FCD Kang making CCSAI D3 proud

Post by SoccerDaddio 12/26/2016, 6:01 pm

Welp, the #1 & #2 Classic League 04B teams (Chelsea East & FCD Kang, respectively) took home 1st and 2nd place in the Round Rock tourney earlier this month. It looks like these two teams will be the ones to watch in getting promoted to D2 (or D1?) - IF they can fight off the rest of the teams come Spring season.... grab a chair! bounce
SoccerDaddio
SoccerDaddio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/26/2016, 8:50 pm

At first glance the post read like these are top two CL teams. But they are leading D3. I agree IF they keep winning they could reach D1 in two years.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDaddio 1/14/2017, 11:20 am

Yeah, sorry... meant to include the "D3" - my bad.
SoccerDaddio
SoccerDaddio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down