Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 QT Scores Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 QT Scores

+39
R1
USoccer
wayoutwest
Speedy Gonzales
crazyET
cornerkick96
afrankw
quickfoot
HD
IC75
BTMason
CLUB31
soccerrus2
OnTheSurface
Amidoinitrite?
arsenalfan
forbin
plantit
00/01strikers
dan-in-texas
BACKPOST
soccerx2
nuchad
turfburn
mrclean
lafayette1010
Middie 07
go99
Rightback
off_the_woodwork
indyfc
soccer00
The German
GK2
DadofDefense
soccerdad1
SoccerXXX
TxHunter
Ibra
43 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

00 QT Scores Empty 00 QT Scores

Post by Ibra 7/31/2010, 10:10 am

FCD Premier 5/Waco Blast 0

Wizards FC 6/Texas Blitz 0
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00 QT Scores Empty Re: 00 QT Scores

Post by TxHunter 7/31/2010, 11:38 am

http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=9815

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00 QT Scores Empty RE: QT Scores

Post by SoccerXXX 7/31/2010, 1:43 pm

Thoughts on the first matches? Looks like a few upsets.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/31/2010, 5:02 pm

It appears bracket D is well balanced
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 7/31/2010, 5:07 pm

Agreed. Bracket D looked like the toughest bracket to call for me.
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GK2 7/31/2010, 5:25 pm

Does anyone know how week 2 rankings go? Is it based on total points 1-20 or does it depend on Ranking within your bracket??

GK2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

00 QT Scores Empty RE: QT Scores

Post by SoccerXXX 7/31/2010, 8:14 pm

Bracket G looks close as well.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 7/31/2010, 8:30 pm

Sort of, but Bracket D is the only one where 3 teams could still (mathematically) win the bracket.

Most brackets look like the haves and the have nots.
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2010, 8:36 pm

Is the DT Gall team playing with 99 boys on there roster or are they just that good. Very impressive!

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/31/2010, 9:27 pm

mcc78 wrote:Is the DT Gall team playing with 99 boys on there roster or are they just that good. Very impressive!
They are that good but maybe the others are that bad.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 7/31/2010, 9:42 pm

The German wrote:
mcc78 wrote:Is the DT Gall team playing with 99 boys on there roster or are they just that good. Very impressive!
Not sure that I would consider the run up of goals impressive.....nor would I be quoted about the quality of teams that I have no experience in following... Do you not pull back your talent at some point?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer00 7/31/2010, 9:51 pm

Ibra wrote:
The German wrote:
Not sure that I would consider the run up of goals impressive.....nor would I be quoted about the quality of teams that I have no experience in following... Do you not pull back your talent at some point?

I agree. Our team wasn't in that bracket but I'm not at all impressed with the self-serving ego trip of putting in 13 or 15 goals against distinctly weaker teams. We get it, Gall, your boys can score. Where is the sportsmanship and life lesson that should come hand in hand with that God-given talent? The fact that he let those scores go to those numbers is kind of disgusting.

soccer00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 7/31/2010, 10:03 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:It appears bracket D is well balanced
Balanced, are you kidding me? More like an overrating of Solar Red. Yes they will probably come out tomorrow and win, but they are not a #4 seed. TFC Wells and Bandits should have been seeded higher than Solar Red and they are proving it with their scores. Solar Red was gift wrapped a high seed just because they are Solar and won Puma Cup. Outside of that, what have they ever done? Look at their records in SDL and tournaments against top 10 teams, its terrible.
Understand that groups are not setup in the first round to be "balanced". They are setup for the top 10 teams to qualify right away to D1.
Solar is top 10, but not a #4, and their performance in this group is proving it.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/31/2010, 10:15 pm

soccer00 wrote:
Ibra wrote:
The German wrote:

I agree. Our team wasn't in that bracket but I'm not at all impressed with the self-serving ego trip of putting in 13 or 15 goals against distinctly weaker teams. We get it, Gall, your boys can score. Where is the sportsmanship and life lesson that should come hand in hand with that God-given talent? The fact that he let those scores go to those numbers is kind of disgusting.
I have no kid playing for the Texans but what are they supposed to do? Play keep away? That might be even more frustrating to the other team to not touch the ball for 30 minutes and the first tiebreaker is goal differential, right?
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/31/2010, 10:22 pm

The German wrote:
soccer00 wrote:
Ibra wrote:
The German wrote:

I have no kid playing for the Texans but what are they supposed to do? Play keep away? That might be even more frustrating to the other team to not touch the ball for 30 minutes and the first tiebreaker is goal differential, right?
The QT is set up to encourage these types of blowouts. Elite teams are placed into brackets with much lower seeded teams and the tiebreakers being goal differential (no limit) followed by goals scored (no limit). There is no mercy in the qualifying tournament - teams should know this before they shell out the $650 to enter. I think many have now as there are only 40 teams this year entered, and I'm guessing at least 20 teams that have formed and registered with NTSSA which are just going to Plano/Arllington without attempting the QT.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 7/31/2010, 10:25 pm

The German wrote:
soccer00 wrote:
Ibra wrote:
The German wrote:

I hate running up the score but it is the difference maker and in some of the brackets will determine who wins and who stays home...we had fair warning that you run it up. And no, i am not with the Texans...just that we all knew this coming in

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/31/2010, 10:25 pm

Yes the german is right. This is QT and goals matter. Not that it will matter to the Gall team but last year QT had a team go down to PPL on goal diff. Besides academy is over. The most he should do is play his entire roster. If the other teams still cannot manage to keep them from scoring then so be it. BTW an impressive team and great coach but also indicative of the QT brackets. The top teams play the weakest teams.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer00 7/31/2010, 10:28 pm

The German wrote:
soccer00 wrote:
Ibra wrote:
The German wrote:

I think that a safe goal differential was established somewhere before 10-0. If Gall played B team and moved boys around to try to keep from running up the score, then that's a different story. I just don't think there's any need to completely obliterate a team of 10 year olds. My guess is Gall has a chip on his shoulder about being seeded #2 behind FCD and was determined to take it out on his opponents and somehow stake his claim as the top team. Gall's parents were overheard leaving the complex and lamenting about " only getting 13 goals" in the second game. Yuck.

soccer00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 7/31/2010, 10:31 pm

go99 wrote:Yes the german is right. This is QT and goals matter. Not that it will matter to the Gall team but last year QT had a team go down to PPL on goal diff. Besides academy is over. The most he should do is play his entire roster. If the other teams still cannot manage to keep them from scoring then so be it. BTW an impressive team and great coach but also indicative of the QT brackets. The top teams play the weakest teams.
Seriously...worrying about a tie-breaker when your team is averaging 13points? You missed an opportunity to teach the boys something valuable...
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 10:33 pm

indyfc wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:It appears bracket D is well balanced
Balanced, are you kidding me? More like an overrating of Solar Red. Yes they will probably come out tomorrow and win, but they are not a #4 seed. TFC Wells and Bandits should have been seeded higher than Solar Red and they are proving it with their scores. Solar Red was gift wrapped a high seed just because they are Solar and won Puma Cup. Outside of that, what have they ever done? Look at their records in SDL and tournaments against top 10 teams, its terrible.
Understand that groups are not setup in the first round to be "balanced". They are setup for the top 10 teams to qualify right away to D1.
Solar is top 10, but not a #4, and their performance in this group is proving it.

They may wish to be careful tomorrow AM or they will also have to play again next week. I heard Strikers scored 3 goals after the last water break to win the afternoon game 3-2 against a team Solar Red managed a single goal against in the AM. As for the rest of D-bracket, Odyssey did well in PAL Gold, beating or tying Tigres & FCD East in the spring and yet they are shown in a tie w/ Strikers. Liverpool, as the bottom seed, probably beats all the other bottom seeds.
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 7/31/2010, 10:50 pm

Ibra wrote:
go99 wrote:Yes the german is right. This is QT and goals matter. Not that it will matter to the Gall team but last year QT had a team go down to PPL on goal diff. Besides academy is over. The most he should do is play his entire roster. If the other teams still cannot manage to keep them from scoring then so be it. BTW an impressive team and great coach but also indicative of the QT brackets. The top teams play the weakest teams.
Seriously...worrying about a tie-breaker when your team is averaging 13points? You missed an opportunity to teach the boys something valuable...
Ibra, I disagree with you. You and a couple others on here upset with these scores are missing the point of what people are trying to tell you about this tournament. If this was any other tournament or league game I would agree with you, but in this qualifier every coach tells their team to go out an score as many goals as possible. It has nothing to do with sportsmanship or what kids are being taught or not taught, it has to do with putting your team in the best possible position to qualify the first weekend and make a statement that they deserve the seeding they got.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, kids have been playing academy for two years to get to this day. It is unfair for you to ask any coach to not go all out.

Yes it may hurt the kids who are on the short end, but if their coach didn't prepare them to face this kind of adversity, then who really missed the opportunity to teach their kids something?
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/31/2010, 10:56 pm

It's only fair to all teams if you try to play full in each game. There are several brackets were the goal differential might decide to go to Plano or play again next weekend.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/31/2010, 11:48 pm

tighten up your pampers boys, welcome to big boy soccer. Nobody is going to pull a team off of you. 00 QT Scores Icon_sad Wipe those tears and get ready to bring it next weekend.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lafayette1010 8/1/2010, 12:46 am

I saw the DT Gall games today and they did NOT play their full squad the entire game. They played their defenders forward, moved their goalkeeper to midfield. I don't think that they played short any players, which might have been fair, but which wouldn't have been right. They just played... and the other team couldn't stop them. I felt bad watching.

lafayette1010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 8/1/2010, 8:33 am

Goal differential matters, so you have to be prepared to play a full game. I don't mind having the score ran up on me as long as the players aren't laughing, putting down players, etc. At age 11, it's a tough experience though.

Sometimes spreading the field and playing keep away is even more humiliating as it usually causes the other team to simply quit. At 8-0, I tell my players to shoot with the left foot unless they are left footed. Any thing else sometimes embarasses the team even more. My first year as a coach, I told my players no more goals. A forward had a breakaway and the keeper came out and challenged but missed. He stopped in front of the goal, looked at me then dribbled away from the goal and kicked it out. It embarrased the other team and made the coach even angrier. You just never know what is best and a lot of teams don't think to talk about what to do in a mismatch.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next