Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U15 BNT Camp Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U15 BNT Camp

2 posters

Go down

U15 BNT Camp Empty U15 BNT Camp

Post by davito 1/10/2017, 2:20 pm

Only one player from Texas (Lonestar) for the latest U15 BNT camp. Does anyone know what the BNT are looking for in their selection? It is surprising to me that no one from the FC Dallas U14 DA is selected as they are stacked with good players and ranked number 1 by Top Drawer. Are FCD and BNT development objectives that different?????

CHULA VISTA, Calif. (Jan. 6, 2017) - U.S. Under-15 Boys' National Team head coach Dave van den Bergh has named a 24-player roster for the first domestic training camp of the year, taking place from Jan. 6-13 at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, California.

During the camp the U-15 player pool (birth year 2002) will play one match against Club Tijuana Xolos de Caliente's U-17 team. The game is set to be played Jan. 9 at the Olympic Training Center.

All 24 of the players brought into camp by Van den Bergh currently play in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy. Out of the group of players, forward Alfonso Ocampo Chavez has spent the most time in the Development Academy, training with Merced Atlas Soccer Academy for three seasons before moving to his current club, Seattle Sounders FC Academy.

Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (2): Damian Las (Chicago Fire; Norridge, Ill.), Kash Oladapo (Portland Timbers; Happy Valley, Ore.)

DEFENDERS (Cool: Axel Alejandre (FC United; Chicago, Ill.), Sebastian Anderson (Real Colorado; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), George Bello (Atlanta United; Douglasville, Ga.), Owen Guske (Armada FC; Saint Johns, Fla.), Mason Judge (Chargers SC; Tampa, Fla.), Joshua Negrete (Cedar Stars Bergen; Clifton, N.J.), Kenny Nielsen (Pateadores; Irvine, Calif.), Joseph Scally (NYCFC; Lake Grove, N.Y.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Nick Andersen (D.C. United; Washington D.C.), Julian Anderson (Philadelphia Union; Ocean, N.J.), Josh Atencio (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.), Gilbert Fuentes Perez (San Jose Earthquakes; Tracy, Calif.), Daniel Robles (Seattle Sounders FC; Burien, Wash.), Adam Saldana (Real So Cal; Panorama City, Calif.), Peter Stroud (New York Red Bulls; Chester, N.J.)

FORWARDS (7): Gianluca Busio (Sporting KC; Greensboro N.C.), Victor Cano (LA Galaxy; Santa Monica, Calif.), Julian Gaines (Lonestar SC; Austin, Texas), Andres Jasson (NYCFC; Greenwich, Conn.), Daniel Mangarov (Atlanta United; Duluth, Ga.), Alfonso Ocampo Chavez (Seattle Sounders FC; Graham, Wash.), Giovanni Reyna (NYCFC; Bedord, N.Y.)
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U15 BNT Camp Empty Re: U15 BNT Camp

Post by Number13 1/11/2017, 8:07 am

davito wrote:Only one player from Texas (Lonestar) for the latest U15 BNT camp. Does anyone know what the BNT are looking for in their selection? It is surprising to me that no one from the FC Dallas U14 DA is selected as they are stacked with good players and ranked number 1 by Top Drawer. Are FCD and BNT development objectives that different?????

Not many kids from the center of the country. NE, SE, NW, Cali.

In the end there are 91 U14 DA teams and 24 spots for this thing. So they are taking, what, the top 2%? While you would think a good team means good players, they are looking for individual outliers. Somebody once told me that the measuring stick for National team was whether or not you could play up in DA and hold your own or better. It doesn't seem to me like FCD has any issue playing kids up, but I don't know any local 02BY kids who are playing up on the U16DA team.

So maybe FCD has a lot of top quartile kids, which is really good, but its not top2% Or maybe the whole thing is a wank.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/11/2017, 9:45 am

In previous years the rosters have been dominated by Cali so this is more balanced.

I have also heard that BNT does like their players to play up in DA. They should be looking for the outliers wherever they are. Just surprised they don't think there are any at FCD this time around.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down