Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League

+4
The German
soccerrus2
omega striker
finish1
8 posters

Go down

Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League Empty Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League

Post by finish1 8/25/2010, 6:43 pm

Read a story in the DMN today about a homeless kid who grew up on the streets of Lisbon and moved into an orphanage at 10 years old. He learned to play soccer on the streets and dreamed of playing in the Homeless World Cup. The shelter had ties to a local club and he worked his way through the ranks, playing 6 pre-season games with a top tier team this year.

Recently, Sir Alex from Man U got word of Bebe, now 20 and went for a look-see. He signed him, real name Tiago Manuel Dias Correia, on the spot and paid an $11.5 million dollar transfer fee. Now, Bebe lives in his own home and is very happy to be with Man U. He was quoted as saying, 'I remember so many nights sleeping on the streets. When I look at what's happened, it's like sports' version of Cinderalla.'

You never know where the streets of life will take you, but with the right idea and a winning attitude, they may eventually be lined in gold.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League Empty Re: Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League

Post by omega striker 8/25/2010, 8:18 pm

great story!!!!!!! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League Empty Re: Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League

Post by soccerrus2 8/25/2010, 8:59 pm

Fergie actually never saw him play before signing him. 1st time that ever happened...but continue with your story

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/25/2010, 9:03 pm

And I thought Cindarella stories only happen in the US.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock 8/25/2010, 9:14 pm

finish1 wrote:Read a story in the DMN today about a homeless kid who grew up on the streets of Lisbon and moved into an orphanage at 10 years old. He learned to play soccer on the streets and dreamed of playing in the Homeless World Cup. The shelter had ties to a local club and he worked his way through the ranks, playing 6 pre-season games with a top tier team this year.

Recently, Sir Alex from Man U got word of Bebe, now 20 and went for a look-see. He signed him, real name Tiago Manuel Dias Correia, on the spot and paid an $11.5 million dollar transfer fee. Now, Bebe lives in his own home and is very happy to be with Man U. He was quoted as saying, 'I remember so many nights sleeping on the streets. When I look at what's happened, it's like sports' version of Cinderalla.'

You never know where the streets of life will take you, but with the right idea and a winning attitude, they may eventually be lined in gold.

You can read the full story of Bebe here along with more about the Homeless World Cup. Here in the USA we have Street Soccer USA which has teams in cities throughout the US including one in Ft Worth. The top US Street Soccer team gets to participate in the Homeless World Cup.

Bebe

Rock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/25/2010, 9:44 pm

You're right, Us2, Fergie met with him and only watched him practice.

Thanks for the link Rock. Never heard of the Homeless World Cup before now. Many paths to salvation. Why not soccer?

Here is a compilation video. Looks like he's fast, can shoot with both feet and can pass on target, and on the ground. His talent is raw. Man U can make him great with the proper training. Maybe someone to look for in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naehgcwmTQo&feature=fvsr

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock 8/25/2010, 9:52 pm

Homeless World Cup and Street Soccer USA are very worthy causes if anyone is looking for a charity to help out.

Also a correction to my previous post, Street Soccer USA sends an all star team of players to the Homeless World Cup not the top team.

Follow the link for the local team in Ft Worth
Ft Worth Team

Rock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/25/2010, 10:14 pm

Very cool. I noticed the donations go to New York. How do we donate locally?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/25/2010, 10:40 pm

finish1 wrote:Very cool. I noticed the donations go to New York. How do we donate locally?
Andromeda might be homeless, so perhaps you can start there.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/25/2010, 11:22 pm

Ibystander wrote:
finish1 wrote:Very cool. I noticed the donations go to New York. How do we donate locally?
OUCH!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Bebe: From Streets of Portugal to Premier League Empty Aston Villa

Post by eastinflatables 8/26/2010, 1:08 am

Six nil against Aston Villa. Would you credit it!? Already prepared for a sharp landing against Acrington Stanley on Wednesday!

eastinflatables
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/26/2010, 6:06 am

Ibystander wrote:

That's the caveat of donations, you never really know where the money goes...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock 8/26/2010, 7:07 am

Contact the main office and ask how you can direct your donations to the local team? Perhaps they can give you contact info for the local coach and organizer.

Rock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/26/2010, 9:32 am

eastinflatables wrote:Six nil against Aston Villa. Would you credit it!? Already prepared for a sharp landing against Acrington Stanley on Wednesday!

Newcastle? No. Did get your win yesterday, though a slim 3-2 margin. Could be a long year when matched up against the higher seeds.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down