Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ODP in N.Texas... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ODP in N.Texas...

+4
What?
my2cents
prohibit
totallysoccer
8 posters

Go down

ODP in N.Texas... Empty ODP in N.Texas...

Post by totallysoccer 9/1/2010, 4:48 pm

It's been awhile since I posted anything, but after hearing a rumor a couple of weeks ago @ a N.Texas soccer tournament; I figured I would ask some of the experts (you guys)...Based on conversations with some major club coaches from the D/FW area; I was informed that it's a possibility that N.Texas will be losing their ODP "card" due to lack of successful showing(s) @ the Regional Camp in Alabama. Many (Coaches/DOC) believe that this will take place soon...
Reference: '97 Boys

Has anyone else heard this???

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ODP in N.Texas... Empty Re: ODP in N.Texas...

Post by prohibit 9/1/2010, 5:06 pm

totallysoccer wrote:It's been awhile since I posted anything, but after hearing a rumor a couple of weeks ago @ a N.Texas soccer tournament; I figured I would ask some of the experts (you guys)...Based on conversations with some major club coaches from the D/FW area; I was informed that it's a possibility that N.Texas will be losing their ODP "card" due to lack of successful showing(s) @ the Regional Camp in Alabama. Many (Coaches/DOC) believe that this will take place soon...

You should ask North Texas Directly(Gary/Shawn). I have not heard of such a thing. There were many age groups there and many of the groups did well.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by totallysoccer 9/1/2010, 5:16 pm

Thank you...I just wanted to make sure; as I have to talked to my parents about eventually trying out. Just did not want to tell them something false.

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/1/2010, 6:20 pm

My son is on the 95 team and has already recieved email concerning next year. I have not heard anything about this. The 95s had a decent showing with 3 making the pool and one named as an pool alternate. It is probably something started by those few who think if your not in D1 at u12 or playing academy you should hang up your boots. There are some that continually run the program down.
The program has lost some players to academies that will not let them play but it is still doing well. It is a unique experience if you are invited to the regional camp. Go for it.
BTW does anyone know who made the 95B regional team? There is no list posted.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by What? 9/1/2010, 8:40 pm

NTX is considered one of the top, if not top, soccer regions in the USA. There will be some flip/flopping between SOCAL and NTX in rankings. For the most part, NTX contributes a good portion of female/male soccer athletes to the ODP. NTX ODP has a great pool for coaches to select athletes to play on regional and national teams. It would be a shocker if they pulled the NTX card. Lousiana would go before TX.
What?
What?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 9/2/2010, 6:41 am

What? wrote:NTX is considered one of the top, if not top, soccer regions in the USA. There will be some flip/flopping between SOCAL and NTX in rankings. For the most part, NTX contributes a good portion of female/male soccer athletes to the ODP. NTX ODP has a great pool for coaches to select athletes to play on regional and national teams. It would be a shocker if they pulled the NTX card. Lousiana would go before TX.

I agree NTX is a quality region due to our depth of players but atleast in the ODP-male program, no. With the advent of academy, you will never see the ODP program attract the top players.

According to the 2010 Region 111 camp pool:
Would it shock you that the '94's have no representitive in the state pool?
Would it shock you that in the '95's Arkansas has more. Florida, Georgia, and MISSISSIPPI all have twice the number of representitive.
Look at the '96's before academy. Georgia has twice the number. Florida nad North Carolina both have more.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 9/2/2010, 9:21 am

totallysoccer wrote:It's been awhile since I posted anything, but after hearing a rumor a couple of weeks ago @ a N.Texas soccer tournament; I figured I would ask some of the experts (you guys)...Based on conversations with some major club coaches from the D/FW area; I was informed that it's a possibility that N.Texas will be losing their ODP "card" due to lack of successful showing(s) @ the Regional Camp in Alabama. Many (Coaches/DOC) believe that this will take place soon...

If Louisiana can keep their "ODP card", surely anyone can.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by totallysoccer 9/2/2010, 12:38 pm

Has anyone heard of the following: (I see the program will be having evaluations in Dallas this November)

2010 id2 Regional Training Camps for 1997-98 boys and 1996-97 girls:
• Sept. 30-Oct. 3 in Zarephath, N.J.
• Nov. 11-14 in the Dallas area
• Dec. 9-12 in the Phoenix area

Sponsored by Nike and US Club Soccer...

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/3/2010, 12:13 pm

Agree with soccerrus2...

As stated, very few of the top players are participating in ODP these days. The difference in NTX is there is so much more quality coaching, clubs and teams by comparison. Most of the NTX boys have come to realize that ODP is not worth it and tend to focus on working toward USSDA (Academy). For better or for worse, Academy has changed youth soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 9/3/2010, 6:32 pm

ODP confirmed today that practice fields and times have been set for Fall and that they would be sending schedules soon.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 1/9/2011, 9:30 am

What to expect out of ODP after tryouts for the 99's are over?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/9/2011, 11:16 am

It has been a long time since 95bb went through this. What is usually done is letters will come out either thanking them for trying out and try again next year or saying the player made the ODP player pool. It used to be 75 players they kept. During the spring they will pare it done to a 1st, 2nd and developmental team. All three will play in the Dallas sub-regional, only two will go to the Regional camp. Depending on how they perform players can move up or down during those events.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 1/10/2011, 1:24 pm

CLUB31 wrote:What to expect out of ODP after tryouts for the 99's are over?

My recommendation: do not expect much. That way you will not be disappointed.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 1/10/2011, 2:00 pm

CLUB31 wrote:What to expect out of ODP after tryouts for the 99's are over?

Expect extra touches for a reasonable price. A chance to get to know kids from other teams. It's pretty much what you make of it, but don't expect too much.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/10/2011, 8:14 pm

If he makes it to the regional camp it is a great and unique experience. If the nay sayers state otherwise then my guess would be that either the player has not been to one or was not ready for it when he did.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 1/18/2011, 8:46 am

Does the ODP crew tell you what team you are on as far as the 1st team -4th team? Also, does it really make a difference in training and possible tournaments?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/18/2011, 12:20 pm

Yes and yes. The coaches or the letter will tell your son which team he made but they only send one or two teams to the regional camp. The third team (developmental) plays only in the sub-regional here in Dallas.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down