Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

95 team,coach movement Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

95 team,coach movement

+15
Monkey14
rocks
Goal4Momma
rcamber09
eagle
south
95/98mom
gpoo
Aswan
soccerrus2
sport09
Soccernovice
nearpost95
astonvilla
norwich city
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

95 team,coach movement Empty 95 team,coach movement

Post by norwich city 7/9/2010, 4:41 pm

It seems that the 95's have been busy with teams merging,blowing up,coaches switching teams.Can anyone give an update on who is where and where is who,thanxs!!
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

95 team,coach movement Empty Re: 95 team,coach movement

Post by astonvilla 7/9/2010, 9:18 pm

Plano - Andromeda, Club Classic, FC Dallas Red all gone, TFC Blue and TFC now 1 team
Classic III - Longhorns Navy moved to Fairview complex with new coach, Texas Titans new coach

astonvilla
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/9/2010, 9:30 pm

Does this happen at about this age as kids jockey for positions to get seen by college coaches?

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 7/10/2010, 12:08 am

Capitulation occurs. Parents/kids finally realize that club soccer is business and not about developing the kid. They finally realize that the lower D2 through Plano coaches are not delivering value and really aren't very good.

Relegation generally causes a team to blow up, either completely disappear or get rebuilt, likely with a new coach.

Failure to promote, especially in consecutive years...

Movement in the D1 and high D2 teams can be visibility-related.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 7/10/2010, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 7/10/2010, 8:33 am

astonvilla wrote:Plano - Andromeda, Club Classic, FC Dallas Red all gone, TFC Blue and TFC now 1 team
Classic III - Longhorns Navy moved to Fairview complex with new coach, Texas Titans new coach
So Longhorns are now the texas Titans,correct? Thanxs to all for the info.,makes for interesting reading.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by astonvilla 7/10/2010, 10:35 am

No - Texas Longhorms Navy South are now just Texas Longhorns Navy. They have a new coach/team and have moved from their Dallas training facility to their new facility up in Mckinney/Fairview.

Texas Titans are coming down from DII to DIII and they just have have a new coach, probably a new team also but maybe not
Confused? I always am becuase just when you think you know something - it changes.

astonvilla
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

95 team,coach movement Empty Texas Longhorns 95's

Post by Soccernovice 7/10/2010, 10:57 am

Texas Longhorns Orange - promoted to DI
Texas Longhorns Black - DII (picked up several new players)
Texas Longhorns Gold - DIII (picked up a bunch of new players from Andromeda, etc.)
Texas Longhorns Navy - DIII (picked up a bunch of new players from Andromeda, TFC)
TFC team that folded in 95's many players migrated to Texas Longhorns at our Fairview Complex which is nearby.
All of the teams have improved their player depth and quality year over year. Thanks for everyone who came out new parents and players are very happy with the coaches and the practice facility.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sport09 7/12/2010, 6:25 pm

The new coach of the 96B Texas Titans is Kevin Megli...he transferred over from Solar Gold (McKinney)

sport09
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/13/2010, 7:08 am

Dallas Texans: New coach David Hudgell, lots of player movement.
Solar Red: Max Martinez combo Chivas, SR, new.
Solar White: All New team.
Premier league: Due to lack of numbers of returning players, as of now, North Texas will not have a representitive.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/13/2010, 10:48 am

Academy has changed everything. Apparently, the system is taking root and will be a permanent institution. Currently, academy competitions are the preeminent showcase opportunities. Only a few venues, mainly Disney and Dallas Cup, can attract a commensurate number of scouting college coaches. Within a few years scouting will be done almost entirely at Academy competitions. Players with college aspirations have already figured this out and are scrambling to get on one of the four existing Dallas area Academy teams. The top four Classic teams from this year will be completely reformulated for next year as a result. Players will soon begin to figure this new system out much earlier and gravitate to the Academy franchise clubs earlier. Talent will become even more concentrated on these four clubs as Classic league becomes viewed as a preparatory league for Academy in the early, pre-16 years and as a recreational league in the latter, post 16 years.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gpoo 7/13/2010, 2:51 pm

Aswan wrote:Academy has changed everything. Apparently, the system is taking root and will be a permanent institution. Currently, academy competitions are the preeminent showcase opportunities. Only a few venues, mainly Disney and Dallas Cup, can attract a commensurate number of scouting college coaches. Within a few years scouting will be done almost entirely at Academy competitions. Players with college aspirations have already figured this out and are scrambling to get on one of the four existing Dallas area Academy teams. The top four Classic teams from this year will be completely reformulated for next year as a result. Players will soon begin to figure this new system out much earlier and gravitate to the Academy franchise clubs earlier. Talent will become even more concentrated on these four clubs as Classic league becomes viewed as a preparatory league for Academy in the early, pre-16 years and as a recreational league in the latter, post 16 years.
Academy will be incorporating U14 as well. So does this mean that Classic now goes to Rec level almost out of the gate??
gpoo
gpoo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 95/98mom 7/13/2010, 5:31 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:Dallas Texans: New coach David Hudgell, lots of player movement.
Premier league: Due to lack of numbers of returning players, as of now, North Texas will not have a representitive.
Solar 95 returned most of the team, well over the number required to satisfy the premiere league N+1 rule. I do believe that the premiere league only accepts pairs of teams from an area for scheduling/travel reasons. Perhaps the league will accept either the combined SR/Chivas team or FCD (#5 finisher). Maybe premiere league will eventually disappear because of the USSF academy, but if they are trying to survive I believe they'll find a way to allow NTX representation.

95/98mom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by south 7/13/2010, 8:34 pm

gpoo wrote:
Aswan wrote:Academy has changed everything. Apparently, the system is taking root and will be a permanent institution. Currently, academy competitions are the preeminent showcase opportunities. Only a few venues, mainly Disney and Dallas Cup, can attract a commensurate number of scouting college coaches. Within a few years scouting will be done almost entirely at Academy competitions. Players with college aspirations have already figured this out and are scrambling to get on one of the four existing Dallas area Academy teams. The top four Classic teams from this year will be completely reformulated for next year as a result. Players will soon begin to figure this new system out much earlier and gravitate to the Academy franchise clubs earlier. Talent will become even more concentrated on these four clubs as Classic league becomes viewed as a preparatory league for Academy in the early, pre-16 years and as a recreational league in the latter, post 16 years.
Academy will be incorporating U14 as well. So does this mean that Classic now goes to Rec level almost out of the gate??

This might be true for DI college recruiting and professional soccer development. However, there is benefit in getting each player the training and opportunity to compete at the highest level possible.
Academy league will be a great addition to the overall youth soccer scene in NTx.
I think that while you will see the top players migrate to the Academy league teams, the Premier League and Classic League will continue to provide quality high-level competition. If done correctly, this will improve the overall quality of youth players in the area and open more opportunites for players to continue playing soccer past high school. These players can enjoy opportunites to play DII and DIII soccer and maybe even develop at a later age to compete at a higher level.
south
south
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 7/14/2010, 7:45 am

95/98mom wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:Dallas Texans: New coach David Hudgell, lots of player movement.
Solar 95 returned most of the team, well over the number required to satisfy the premiere league N+1 rule. I do believe that the premiere league only accepts pairs of teams from an area for scheduling/travel reasons. Perhaps the league will accept either the combined SR/Chivas team or FCD (#5 finisher). Maybe premiere league will eventually disappear because of the USSF academy, but if they are trying to survive I believe they'll find a way to allow NTX representation.
I heard CDI received a premiere invitation.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/14/2010, 8:20 am

eagle wrote:
95/98mom wrote:
Are you kidding me??? How is that possible. First you have to apply and I can't see them taking the 6th place team.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rcamber09 7/14/2010, 9:10 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
eagle wrote:
95/98mom wrote:
Are you kidding me??? How is that possible. First you have to apply and I can't see them taking the 6th place team.

I don't believe this is the case, unless FCD jr's couln't make the N+1 required by Premiere then that is the only way that I can see CDI getting the invitation. CDI is a solid team but they always go in order to end of year standings in Classic league, FCD jrs ended the year in front of CDI: at least that is what we were told. CDI was pretty solid last year ending the year in 6th place in Premiere. Anybody know the real rules?

rcamber09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/14/2010, 2:20 pm

I was told top 4 standing in the previous classic league unless South Texas and Oklahoma does not have the teams. Always has to be even number.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 95/98mom 7/14/2010, 7:08 pm

http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/premiere_league/R3PL%20RULES%20August%2008%20wo%20redrev1.pdf
From the premiere league rules
]1) Application for Participation
a) Participation of teams requires approval from the team’s National State Association
b) Participation is open to any properly registered competitive team in good standing with a member National State Association and is returning more than 50% of its players from the previous year roster
This would seem to indicate that NTX can send whomever they want as long as each team retains N+1 from last year's roster.

95/98mom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 7/16/2010, 9:15 am

nearpost95 wrote:Capitulation occurs. Parents/kids finally realize that club soccer is business and not about developing the kid. They finally realize that the lower D2 through Plano coaches are not delivering value and really aren't very good.

Relegation generally causes a team to blow up, either completely disappear or get rebuilt, likely with a new coach.

Failure to promote, especially in consecutive years...

Movement in the D1 and high D2 teams can be visibility-related.

I don't usually do this, but I am going to COMPLETELY disagree with the statement about the quality of coaching at the D2 Level and below. Our coach is of the highest caliber you can find and we are a low-life D3 team on the move under his direction. In fact, his reputation is so good, we have players that have left higher rated teams to come and play for HIM. Those that know what team I manage can atest to his quality. He took our team over last year and has made significant improvements in the boys. In fact, his record speaks for itself. Teams he has taken over have risen to D1 in a short time frame.
So before you lump our coach or any other coach into the mediocre category, gather your facts. It is one thing to point out coaches that you think are lower quality than others, but do not put all coaches into one category just because they dont have a D1 team. 95 team,coach movement Icon_queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 7/16/2010, 10:05 am

In re. Aswan's: " Players with college aspirations have already figured this out and are scrambling to get on one of the four existing Dallas area Academy teams. "

Ha.

Do many parents really think this is the magic route to college scholarships? How many significant boy's scholarships go to DFW soccer players each year? I don't know, ten maybe? Five? I'm not counting the $200 or $2000 scholarships - I'm talking $20,000. I know a number of college kids playing soccer at competitive schools, but most of their award money is academic. Please respond if your child received more than, say, 50 percent of his tuition and room & board as 'free' money for athletics only. Let's see how many there really are.

Think about it. College soccer programs are nothing like the big three sports. If you are a college administrator comparing two equally good players for a scholarship, are you going to look more favorable at the one with the better grades? The one who has shown a level of stick-to-it-ness ( an important soccer trait )? The one who you know will remain eligible? The one you know who will be able to manage college sports pressures and still maintain grades? The one who will contribute to a higher team GPA ( increasingly important in college sports, as it should be )?

I know several kids, who years ago played regional and national ODP, yet did not get any scholarship money ( did not have the grades to get into school ), did not play college soccer at all, and who are now playing professionally. Imagine that . . . . !

I submit that for most of us, it would be wiser to invest the $2,500 - $5,000 per year for select soccer into a college savings plan. Let's see - $3,000 per year times six or seven years really adds up. Something like $20,000, or $5,000 per year. How many players receive even that much in soccer scholarship money?

Of course, if you are like Aswan, you can fund both. * grin *

rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 7/16/2010, 10:08 am

In re. Goal for Momma's:Our coach is of the highest caliber you can find and we are a low-life D3 team on the move under his direction. In fact, his reputation is so good, we have players that have left higher rated teams to come and play for HIM.

That's why I love you. You're always so dang positive.
rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/16/2010, 4:31 pm

Ha

Funding both would require a job. I tried that once and found it to be an odious endeavor. Ever since the roof blew off the trailer and destroyed my lab ( who knew you were supposed to have six tires per roofing square to achieve the proper wind uplift resistance) I’ve had to force Aswan Jr. to be more self sufficient. And look, you cheap parents, two dollars is not nearly enough for your kids to each lunch on-you need to send them out with more.

Last edited by Aswan on 7/16/2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause I can)
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 7/16/2010, 4:59 pm

Funding both would require a job.

Dang it. You're just too funny for your own good.

For those of you who don't know Aswan, he's WAY funnier here than in person. The magic of editing and a dictionary, I suppose. We tolerate him just cuz his kid is so good. And he is, indeed, very good.

:Last time I was at your trailer, you served Mad Dog and corn dogs, as I recall. You told me you were saving the MD for a special occasion.

You have plenty of tires up on the roof, btw. It's just that you need the heavier car tires. The bicycle tires don't cut it. Truly, you should have known.

Last edited by rocks on 7/16/2010, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just to see if I can)
rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/16/2010, 5:21 pm

So, you’re the one who ate those. I guess I’ll have to apologize to Jr., don’t worry, he’ll heal.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey14 8/25/2010, 1:58 pm

sport09 wrote:The new coach of the 96B Texas Titans is Kevin Megli...he transferred over from Solar Gold (McKinney)

Actually, Kevin took the 95B Texas Titans team which is mostly comprised of his old Solar Gold 96B team playing up (D3). Jorge Molina is the 96B Texas Titans coach (D1).
Monkey14
Monkey14
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next