Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Power 16 (7/20/09) - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Power 16 (7/20/09)

+21
arsenalfan
middlewing256
cityslicker61
scrmum
bunited
cornerkick96
eredivisie
True10
Eight-Ball
levelhead
NorthTXWildcat
Axxman
deflateme
The German
CLUB31
Eleven Eleven
Longhorn
omega striker
plantit
socmom3
rip
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

U11 Power 16 (7/20/09) - Page 2 Empty Re: U11 Power 16 (7/20/09)

Post by socmom3 7/21/2009, 12:26 pm

So, will we know the seedings after this weekend's QT manager's meeting?

socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

U11 Power 16 (7/20/09) - Page 2 Empty seedings

Post by Eleven Eleven 7/21/2009, 12:29 pm

I base it on the fact that I just talked to the head of the Classic League.

Eleven Eleven
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 12:56 pm

Eleven Eleven wrote:I base it on the fact that I just talked to the head of the Classic League.
Awesome. That's a pretty good source. Did you happen to find out when the brackets will be available?
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleven Eleven 7/21/2009, 1:03 pm

Sorry, I didn't. Never a good idea to bug them too much.

Eleven Eleven
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 7/21/2009, 1:05 pm

rip wrote:
Eleven Eleven wrote:I base it on the fact that I just talked to the head of the Classic League.
Awesome. That's a pretty good source. Did you happen to find out when the brackets will be available?

Probably Saturday after the QT team manager's meeting.
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 1:24 pm

omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:well good thing the classic league committee doesn't care about rankings but don't they go by the past season and tournaments and not just the last few tourneys? if that were the case then DTR/Dynamo and DTS wouldn't be ranked at all for playing this past weekend? we will see next week were everybody is seeded!
oh and Barcelona unlike Gunners played the "elite" teams in SDL not the "middle of the pack" teams.

You are absolutely right. The committee will come up with their own rankings. I would think the committee would weight the recent tourneys a bit heavier. These are the games that would most likely have had a larger number of the signed players playing. But if a team hasn't played, the committee will probably go back to the latest data they have. It will be interesting to see how the seeding shakes out!

Oh and didn't the Gunners beat Barcelona 2 - 1 at the SDL Spring Festival? I know Gunners beat Dallas Texans Red South in the final 1-0 to win the tournament. As I said, I think Barcelona is a very good team. They play hard and fight to win. They've had some tough results recently, but I'm sure they'll continue to grow as a team and I do see them in D1 this year. I just don't see them as a #1 seed in the QT.... but it's just my opinion and I am not on the committee. Just crunching some numbers and having some fun.
no the recent tournements will not be a major factor(thats why a no-show from DTR and DTS) and didn't Gunners get blasted by DTS 4-1 and DTS barely squeeked by FCD Copa/blue? I saw those games and can't figure out what happened to Copa/blue since then or even what happened to them in the NAMC tournament? regardless their past history will speak volumes for them and the Gunners are alot like the OCFC Red squad showing well in a couple of tournaments but then either didn't play well in the last seasons league play or not against the top teams? lets see what happens after the QT and in the Labor day tournament!
Do you have any real data to support your opinions? What was the Gunners record in SDL and PAL this past season? Who did they play? You sure do like to speculate and cast a negative shadow without providing evidence to back it up.

So what we do know now is that DTS and Gunners have split in their last 2 matchups. Gunners beat DTS in the SDL Spring Festival final 1-0 in April. And DTS won an ASG Adidas Invitational semifinal 4-1 after squeaking by FCD Blue in the Quarterfinals 2-1 (a team Gunners beat 4-0 this past weekend.). I also recall that both the Gunners and DTS had multiple Texans Dynamo players guesting throughout the ASG tourney, as did many teams.

All we need now is some real data on the SDL and PAL result from this past Spring for the Gunners. Then you can back up your statement. Until then, it's just rhetoric. I don't mind opinions that are different than mine, but I sure don't like people spewing "information" without anything to back it up.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 2:22 pm

rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:well good thing the classic league committee doesn't care about rankings but don't they go by the past season and tournaments and not just the last few tourneys? if that were the case then DTR/Dynamo and DTS wouldn't be ranked at all for playing this past weekend? we will see next week were everybody is seeded!
oh and Barcelona unlike Gunners played the "elite" teams in SDL not the "middle of the pack" teams.

You are absolutely right. The committee will come up with their own rankings. I would think the committee would weight the recent tourneys a bit heavier. These are the games that would most likely have had a larger number of the signed players playing. But if a team hasn't played, the committee will probably go back to the latest data they have. It will be interesting to see how the seeding shakes out!

Oh and didn't the Gunners beat Barcelona 2 - 1 at the SDL Spring Festival? I know Gunners beat Dallas Texans Red South in the final 1-0 to win the tournament. As I said, I think Barcelona is a very good team. They play hard and fight to win. They've had some tough results recently, but I'm sure they'll continue to grow as a team and I do see them in D1 this year. I just don't see them as a #1 seed in the QT.... but it's just my opinion and I am not on the committee. Just crunching some numbers and having some fun.
no the recent tournements will not be a major factor(thats why a no-show from DTR and DTS) and didn't Gunners get blasted by DTS 4-1 and DTS barely squeeked by FCD Copa/blue? I saw those games and can't figure out what happened to Copa/blue since then or even what happened to them in the NAMC tournament? regardless their past history will speak volumes for them and the Gunners are alot like the OCFC Red squad showing well in a couple of tournaments but then either didn't play well in the last seasons league play or not against the top teams? lets see what happens after the QT and in the Labor day tournament!
Do you have any real data to support your opinions? What was the Gunners record in SDL and PAL this past season? Who did they play? You sure do like to speculate and cast a negative shadow without providing evidence to back it up.

So what we do know now is that DTS and Gunners have split in their last 2 matchups. Gunners beat DTS in the SDL Spring Festival final 1-0 in April. And DTS won an ASG Adidas Invitational semifinal 4-1 after squeaking by FCD Blue in the Quarterfinals 2-1 (a team Gunners beat 4-0 this past weekend.). I also recall that both the Gunners and DTS had multiple Texans Dynamo players guesting throughout the ASG tourney, as did many teams.

All we need now is some real data on the SDL and PAL result from this past Spring for the Gunners. Then you can back up your statement. Until then, it's just rhetoric. I don't mind opinions that are different than mine, but I sure don't like people spewing "information" without anything to back it up.
are you serious? I'm trying to find the past SDL and PAL results as we speak? I know the gunners weren't undefeated in both, and you seem to be basing their success off of 2 tournaments only and don't seem to want to spit out their SDL and PAL records and their competition since you know so much about them! your BB has to play with them yes or no? I do know that the FCD blue team is not the same team then from the ASG tournament(roster wise) and in all fairness you don't have anything to back up their legitmacy as a top team other then two tournaments! fair enough? hey don't get me wrong I would love to see them succeed against the big clubs just like Barcelona and Chivas but I try and look at everything as fair as possible and give credit where it's due and try and overlook the one time good or bad game issue and look for more consistency in play! Good luck to your team and I do hope they play well and it would be great to see them knock off any of the top 5 !
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by deflateme 7/21/2009, 2:46 pm

To answer Rip's question.....looking back at the score scores I printed along the way during SDL and PAL Spring season, the Gunners won every game in the Gold Division in the PAL league and only lost one game in the SDL Spring Season. They also did beat DTS in the finals of the SDL tourney. Looking at the Tut tourney results, they also won their bracket with 4 wins. The QT will definately show some good talent out there and I expect the Gunners will be a serious force in D1

deflateme
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 3:00 pm

deflateme wrote:To answer Rip's question.....looking back at the score scores I printed along the way during SDL and PAL Spring season, the Gunners won every game in the Gold Division in the PAL league and only lost one game in the SDL Spring Season. They also did beat DTS in the finals of the SDL tourney. Looking at the Tut tourney results, they also won their bracket with 4 wins. The QT will definately show some good talent out there and I expect the Gunners will be a serious force in D1
well great for them but they did not play the elite competition in SDL and they still lost1(to who?) and the tied a game also to Athletico Madrid not a bad team but nowhere near a top ten team either. I expect the Gunners to end up somewhere at the bottom of D1 at the end of the season(realistically) so anything higher would be great! it would be great to see both gunners and Barcelona in the top ten or higher at the end of the season! good luck!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 7/21/2009, 3:16 pm

Hey 7-Eleven; The Tornadoes coach is roomates with Josema and as such, didn't want to beat up on him too badly. He doesn't want to lose the rent money coming from the Tornado parents. One of those Tornado goals was a nice strike, the other was a penalty on our goalie.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 3:31 pm

omega striker wrote:are you serious? I'm trying to find the past SDL and PAL results as we speak? I know the gunners weren't undefeated in both, and you seem to be basing their success off of 2 tournaments only and don't seem to want to spit out their SDL and PAL records and their competition since you know so much about them! your BB has to play with them yes or no? I do know that the FCD blue team is not the same team then from the ASG tournament(roster wise) and in all fairness you don't have anything to back up their legitmacy as a top team other then two tournaments! fair enough? hey don't get me wrong I would love to see them succeed against the big clubs just like Barcelona and Chivas but I try and look at everything as fair as possible and give credit where it's due and try and overlook the one time good or bad game issue and look for more consistency in play! Good luck to your team and I do hope they play well and it would be great to see them knock off any of the top 5 !
No, I don't expect you to track down old scores. Just trying to make the point that you are making accusations without any data to back it up. You can't say a team did poorly in a league and played weak competition unless you can provide the teams/scores. It carries no weight -- makes you sound bitter.

I am not defending any one team here. I am trying to get across to you that this ranking is based off of real data, not just an opinion on what I think, have seen or heard. I get the feeling you kind of jumped on the Gunners because you thought they were ranked too high and your Barcelona team was left out and so you went after the independent that was ranked highest. But know that I didn't rank the Gunners higher than Barcelona. I developed a formula to try and "rank" teams based on results on the field. Then I put in the data. Now I did tweak the formula to weight tournament wins, places and shows, along with wins and goal differential. I do agree with you 100% that quality of competition is a huge factor in any ranking system. Unfortunately, it's kind of a catch-22 in that the quality of a team is exactly what I was trying to figure out. I took the stance that over time, these factors would mitigate themselves by the results on the field and I think they will. I did include a factor for tournaments based off of the perceived value of the field, but after playing with that I saw it really didn't have much affect in the overall order of rankings. The big factor is winning games, winning groups and advancing in the elimination round.

That's really what the rankings say -- "Here are teams that have won games and advanced to the elimination rounds in these tourneys." I've got every team that played in any of the major summer tourneys in the list and every team but 1 in the top 20 advanced to the elimination round in at least 1 of their tourneys. Only 3 teams below the top 30 advanced, and all 3 were 1-and-done after that. Anyways, it is what it is....
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 7/21/2009, 3:32 pm

Axxman wrote:Hey 7-Eleven; The Tornadoes coach is roomates with Josema and as such, didn't want to beat up on him too badly. He doesn't want to lose the rent money coming from the Tornado parents. One of those Tornado goals was a nice strike, the other was a penalty on our goalie.

JB's no dummy...gotta keep the rent money coming in...! Very Happy Not to mention that the DFWT boys and Andro boys had trained together all week at boot camp at Texoma....
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 7/21/2009, 4:03 pm

Gunners lost to Comets Blue in the SDL

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 7:13 pm

CLUB31 wrote:Gunners lost to Comets Blue in the SDL
I thought so,but wasn't sure! Comets blue need to be ranked high based on what they have done this whole year!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 7:14 pm

rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:are you serious? I'm trying to find the past SDL and PAL results as we speak? I know the gunners weren't undefeated in both, and you seem to be basing their success off of 2 tournaments only and don't seem to want to spit out their SDL and PAL records and their competition since you know so much about them! your BB has to play with them yes or no? I do know that the FCD blue team is not the same team then from the ASG tournament(roster wise) and in all fairness you don't have anything to back up their legitmacy as a top team other then two tournaments! fair enough? hey don't get me wrong I would love to see them succeed against the big clubs just like Barcelona and Chivas but I try and look at everything as fair as possible and give credit where it's due and try and overlook the one time good or bad game issue and look for more consistency in play! Good luck to your team and I do hope they play well and it would be great to see them knock off any of the top 5 !
No, I don't expect you to track down old scores. Just trying to make the point that you are making accusations without any data to back it up. You can't say a team did poorly in a league and played weak competition unless you can provide the teams/scores. It carries no weight -- makes you sound bitter.

I am not defending any one team here. I am trying to get across to you that this ranking is based off of real data, not just an opinion on what I think, have seen or heard. I get the feeling you kind of jumped on the Gunners because you thought they were ranked too high and your Barcelona team was left out and so you went after the independent that was ranked highest. But know that I didn't rank the Gunners higher than Barcelona. I developed a formula to try and "rank" teams based on results on the field. Then I put in the data. Now I did tweak the formula to weight tournament wins, places and shows, along with wins and goal differential. I do agree with you 100% that quality of competition is a huge factor in any ranking system. Unfortunately, it's kind of a catch-22 in that the quality of a team is exactly what I was trying to figure out. I took the stance that over time, these factors would mitigate themselves by the results on the field and I think they will. I did include a factor for tournaments based off of the perceived value of the field, but after playing with that I saw it really didn't have much affect in the overall order of rankings. The big factor is winning games, winning groups and advancing in the elimination round.

That's really what the rankings say -- "Here are teams that have won games and advanced to the elimination rounds in these tourneys." I've got every team that played in any of the major summer tourneys in the list and every team but 1 in the top 20 advanced to the elimination round in at least 1 of their tourneys. Only 3 teams below the top 30 advanced, and all 3 were 1-and-done after that. Anyways, it is what it is....
Gotcha!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthTXWildcat 7/21/2009, 11:07 pm

rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:

RIP, your recollection is partially correct. Before you spew info. make sure you know the rosters for both the Tx Gunners and DTS at the ASG Addidas tourney. TX Gunners had multiple Dynamo players (4 to be exact) and DTS had one Dynamo player. Same old DTS team that's been together throughout SDL/PALwith the exception of a new striker.
Here's the deal......any of these teams in the top 20 have the ability to knock each other off on any given day. Example, Solor Red vs. Solar Crawford.
I watched the DTS vs. FC Dallas Copa game and your description of squeeked by 2-1 is far reaching. 2-0 the entire game until the last few minutes. FC Dallas scored on a free kick.
NorthTXWildcat
NorthTXWildcat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/22/2009, 7:25 am

NorthTXWildcat wrote:
rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:

RIP, your recollection is partially correct. Before you spew info. make sure you know the rosters for both the Tx Gunners and DTS at the ASG Addidas tourney. TX Gunners had multiple Dynamo players (4 to be exact) and DTS had one Dynamo player. Same old DTS team that's been together throughout SDL/PALwith the exception of a new striker.
Here's the deal......any of these teams in the top 20 have the ability to knock each other off on any given day. Example, Solor Red vs. Solar Crawford.
I watched the DTS vs. FC Dallas Copa game and your description of squeeked by 2-1 is far reaching. 2-0 the entire game until the last few minutes. FC Dallas scored on a free kick.
uhh you didn't watch that game then did you? it was 0-0 at the half and then DTS scored on a freekick given to them by the ref and then copa came right back to score with some nice passing and ball control when that big foward held the ball while holding off the DTS defense in front of their goal to make a nice pass back to their midfielder and then they scored nice way to shut off the momemtum and then it was back and forth the entire game! then DTS was able to shoot a nice shot with just mintues left to win the game! not at any one point was DTS dominating that game, I watch the whole game from the consession stands! great back and forth game!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/22/2009, 7:27 am

NorthTXWildcat wrote:
rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:

Just to clarify, my description of FCD Blue "squeaking by" DTS was a recanting of what omega stated. I did not see the game, though I thought I heard it was 1-1 until late and then DTS scored to win.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by levelhead 7/22/2009, 8:00 am

NorthTXWildcat wrote:
rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:

You're wrong on the Adidas tournament. TX Gunners only had 2 Dynamo players--not 4, and DTS had one Texans player.

levelhead
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/22/2009, 8:10 am

rip wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:
rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:

Just to clarify, my description of FCD Blue "squeaking by" DTS was a recanting of what omega stated. I did not see the game, though I thought I heard it was 1-1 until late and then DTS scored to win.
well I was there and thats excactly what happened! lol! tried to watch the Gunners vs FCD south game at the same time but got more interested in the battle between DTS vs FCD Copa
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 7/22/2009, 8:44 am

The FCDallas Blue/Copa team was wiped out by the Comets Blue and Gunners this past weekend. The scores of 5-1, 4-0 could have been worse. I would not consider them one of the better teams anymore. Maybe they had some kids out.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhorn 7/22/2009, 11:28 pm

Interesting how they are running the tournament this year. I guess they figured some teams that should've made classic last year didn't. My kids team last year didn't get to the second round due to goal differential.

Longhorn
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 7/23/2009, 7:06 am

rip wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:How many games do you play in the qualifying tournament? Also, if you are ranked say # 10 what would that mean as far as what ranked teams you play?

Based on last year, I expect the seeding to breakdown as follows (assuming 50 teams/10 groups):

Group A: #1, #20, #21, #31, #50
    Group B: #2, #19, #22, #32, #49
    Group C: #3, #18, #23, #33, #48
    Group D: #4, #17, #24, #34, #47
    Group E: #5, #16, #25, #35, #46
    Group F: #6, #15, #26, #36, #45
    Group G: #7, #14, #27, #37, #44
    Group H: #8, #13, #28, #38, #43
    Group I: #9, #12, #29, #39, #42
    Group J: #10, #11, #30, #40, #41

Each team will play every other team in their group.

The group winner is in D1. The group 2nd and 3rd advance to Round 2.

Again based on last year, there is re-seeding for Round 2 and should be 5 groups. All 20 teams that advance to Round 2 will play in Classic League. The top 2 finishers in each Round 2 group make D1. The bottom 2 make D2.
Based on this type of seeding, it would seem that the top 5-8 teams should cruise through the tournament without much difficulty. Are there usually any suprises in the top 10 going into D1?
Just looking at it, it would seem that 1-4 are probably pretty set. 5-10 are just a matter of order. 11-20 is really what the tournament determines... or am I really missing something?

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/23/2009, 11:47 am

I know in the 97 and 96 age groups that teams seeded in the 40s made D1 at u11 and held on a D2 spot at u12. There will be surprises. Expect the Texans to get a 1 or 2 seed. Also the Puma Cup finalist will have a two or the top five seeds and the team with the best record in the toughest group at TUT will also get a top 5 seed. Seeds 1-8 usually do well the first weekend.
The seeding committee does a very good job and at the end of the season you will find that they predict teams within 3 spots for the top 15 seeds.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 7/23/2009, 3:15 pm

Eight-Ball wrote:
rip wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:How many games do you play in the qualifying tournament? Also, if you are ranked say # 10 what would that mean as far as what ranked teams you play?

Based on last year, I expect the seeding to breakdown as follows (assuming 50 teams/10 groups):

Group A: #1, #20, #21, #31, #50
    Group B: #2, #19, #22, #32, #49
    Group C: #3, #18, #23, #33, #48
    Group D: #4, #17, #24, #34, #47
    Group E: #5, #16, #25, #35, #46
    Group F: #6, #15, #26, #36, #45
    Group G: #7, #14, #27, #37, #44
    Group H: #8, #13, #28, #38, #43
    Group I: #9, #12, #29, #39, #42
    Group J: #10, #11, #30, #40, #41

Each team will play every other team in their group.

The group winner is in D1. The group 2nd and 3rd advance to Round 2.

Again based on last year, there is re-seeding for Round 2 and should be 5 groups. All 20 teams that advance to Round 2 will play in Classic League. The top 2 finishers in each Round 2 group make D1. The bottom 2 make D2.
Based on this type of seeding, it would seem that the top 5-8 teams should cruise through the tournament without much difficulty. Are there usually any suprises in the top 10 going into D1?
Just looking at it, it would seem that 1-4 are probably pretty set. 5-10 are just a matter of order. 11-20 is really what the tournament determines... or am I really missing something?
Last year with the 98s, 3 top 10 seeds failed to qualify on the first weekend: #4 FCD Castro, #6 TFC, and #9 Dallas Texans Red. All 3 qualified for D1 on the 2nd weekend.
As a matter of fact, here are how all the teams did based on first round seeds: 2nd Seeds - 1 was relegated out of Classic League, 2 fell to D2, 7 in D1. 3rd Seeds - 1 in D1, 2 in D2, 7 out of Classic, 4th Seeds - 2 in D1, 4 in D2, 4 out of Classic. 5th Seeds - 2 in D2, 3 out of Classic. (Remember, there were 45 teams qualifying, 5 brackets of 4, 5 brackets of 5.)

Last edited by eredivisie on 7/23/2009, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 7/23/2009, 4:59 pm

Will it be closer to 50 or 80 teams in the qualifying tournament? Also, after the 20 D1 teams are there 10 teams in the other divisions. That would be D2, Plano and Arlington = a total of 50 teams playing select.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next