Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic Qualifiers  Bracketology - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic Qualifiers Bracketology

+14
rip
Speedy Gonzales
socmom3
Axxman
99srule
arsenalfan
Longhorn
afrankw
CLUB31
2good4u
plantit
omega striker
Freeatlast
Texas FC
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Classic Qualifiers  Bracketology - Page 3 Empty Re: Classic Qualifiers Bracketology

Post by omega striker 7/31/2009, 6:14 pm

NorthTXWildcat wrote:
99srule wrote:
Axxman wrote:99s; So it looks like FCDS beat nobody decent in 2009. Except for a few recent wins in the Puma Silver division, you are betting they upset Andro? Sure you're not making the call with your heart rather than upstairs?

like I said before, looking for the potential upsets.

The top two brackets won't see an upset, Texans and Solar Red too strong and the competition to weak.

Third bracket should be DTS easily, but Copa has a history of being hard to score on and getting ties. Even if they tie, DTS will outscore the competition more than Copa will.

Fourth bracket is most likely Solar because there is not much competition.

Fifth bracket has a good team that has not played much (Andro) and a team that has played a lot of tough close games (FCD South) - this is a good scenario for an upset. Who will be more hungry? Who will come in over confident?

Sixth bracket should be an easy win for FCD, however, they tend to not show up in the big games - this is a good scenario for an upset like the last tournament.

Seventh bracket is most likely ASG because there is not much competition.

Bracket eight should be a good one, can go either to the Gunners or Comets - good scenario for an upset of the top seed.

Ninth bracket is pretty unexciting - Tyler kind of an unknown and Texans II - could be an upset that really doesn't matter.

Tenth and final bracket is a good one - top seed is very inconsistent - greatest possibility of an upset.

That was the thinking. Not looking to wager - trying to find the upsets that people say happen every year.
good luck to all the boys!
I think i bracket H you can't leave out Texas Titans(formerly FCD) velez! also bracket j will go to either Barcelona or Chivas but FWFC and even FCD central(who play great in spurts) can make it interesting!
I think Andro red will win but FCD south will give a great fight!

omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Classic Qualifiers  Bracketology - Page 3 Empty Re: Classic Qualifiers Bracketology

Post by afrankw 8/2/2009, 10:46 pm

rip wrote:

• ANDROMEDA GENTILE
  • ANDROMEDA RED BAZAN
  • ASG GOLD NORTH NGON
  • ATLETICO MADRID LOPEZ
  • BARCELONA SC GARCIA
  • CD CHIVAS DALLAS JAQUEZ
  • CLUB CLASSIC ORANGE WILCO
  • COMETS BLUE BADII
  • DALLAS TEXANS CRAFT
  • DALLAS TEXANS RED CONNELL
  • DALLAS TEXANS SOUTH HERNANDEZ
  • DFW TEJANOS BARROW
  • FC DALLAS BLUE RHINE
  • FC DALLAS GOLD FIGUEROA
  • FC DALLAS SOUTH SAAVEDRA
  • FC DALLAS SUAREZ
  • FC FORCE BLACK BILY
  • FORT WORTH FC WHITE CATES
  • LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN WARDROBE
  • OC WIZARDS BURCIAGA
  • SOLAR CRAWFORD
  • SOLAR RED PASSOS
  • TEXAS GUNNERS MADDOX
  • TEXAS TITANS DALLAS VELEZ
  • TYLER AZZURRI NAPOLI SCHUBERT

Now that we have a little more then have of the first round in the books. Let's take a look at Rip's questions and ask again, which of these teams does not make D1?
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas FC 8/3/2009, 5:46 pm

afrankw wrote:The DFW Tejanos will not make it. They did not look good at all!
rip wrote:

• ANDROMEDA GENTILE
  • ANDROMEDA RED BAZAN
  • ASG GOLD NORTH NGON
  • ATLETICO MADRID LOPEZ
  • BARCELONA SC GARCIA
  • CD CHIVAS DALLAS JAQUEZ
  • CLUB CLASSIC ORANGE WILCO
  • COMETS BLUE BADII
  • DALLAS TEXANS CRAFT
  • DALLAS TEXANS RED CONNELL
  • DALLAS TEXANS SOUTH HERNANDEZ
  • DFW TEJANOS BARROW
  • FC DALLAS BLUE RHINE
  • FC DALLAS GOLD FIGUEROA
  • FC DALLAS SOUTH SAAVEDRA
  • FC DALLAS SUAREZ
  • FC FORCE BLACK BILY
  • FORT WORTH FC WHITE CATES
  • LIVERPOOL FC KEEGAN WARDROBE
  • OC WIZARDS BURCIAGA
  • SOLAR CRAWFORD
  • SOLAR RED PASSOS
  • TEXAS GUNNERS MADDOX
  • TEXAS TITANS DALLAS VELEZ
  • TYLER AZZURRI NAPOLI SCHUBERT

Now that we have a little more then have of the first round in the books. Let's take a look at Rip's questions and ask again, which of these teams does not make D1?
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 8/4/2009, 12:00 pm

question for RIP: if my team does not make for QT (1st/2nd or 3rd div) Rolling Eyes , and I want my bb to play for a team that did make it...after I get my bb's rel from that team can I make the move? I'm sorry but I'm a new kid on the block...LOL
2good4u
2good4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/4/2009, 12:22 pm

2good4u,
I might be wrong, but I think any team that doesn't qualify for first and second will play third. If you happen to end up third and your child plays pretty well, you can always try out for another team in any division the following year. cyclops
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 8/4/2009, 12:48 pm

2good4u wrote:question for RIP: if my team does not make for QT (1st/2nd or 3rd div) Rolling Eyes , and I want my bb to play for a team that did make it...after I get my bb's rel from that team can I make the move? I'm sorry but I'm a new kid on the block...LOL

If you are able to get a release from your home association and the CCSAI accepts the release you still need permission from North Texas Soccer, prior to transfering to another team. If you cannot get a release or the CCSAI does not accept the release or North Texas Soccer does not permit the transfer, he will need to wait till next year. I would also check your contract as most clubs are not required to refund any fees that you paid if you ask for a release.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/4/2009, 1:41 pm

2good4u wrote:question for RIP: if my team does not make for QT (1st/2nd or 3rd div) Rolling Eyes , and I want my bb to play for a team that did make it...after I get my bb's rel from that team can I make the move? I'm sorry but I'm a new kid on the block...LOL
First off let's be clear that for the upcoming U11 soccer season (Fall 08/Spring 09) there will be only 2 Classic League divisions (D1 & D2). D1 will have 20 teams and D2 will have 10 teams. Beginning w/ U12 the Classic League runs 3 divisions (D1, D2 & D3) each with 10 teams.

To answer your question, yes there is a process for obtaining a release from your current team and signing with another team. Obviously, many factors play into this. You should look at the CCSAI site and NTSSA rules (section 3.10) for specifics on the process. Not sure how easy it is to get this accomplished, but they have the process defined for a reason.

Now.... who had 8/4 in the pool for when the first "release" question would be asked?

Last edited by rip on 8/4/2009, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/4/2009, 1:44 pm

rip wrote:
First off let's be clear that for the upcoming U11 soccer season (Fall 08/Spring 09), there are only 2 Classic League divisions (D1 & D2). D1 will have 20 teams and D2 will have 10 teams. Beginning w/ U12 the Classic League runs 3 divisions (D1, D2 & D3) each with 10 teams.

To answer your question, yes there is a process for obtaining a release from your current team and signing with another team. Obviously, many factors play into this. You should look at the CCSAI site and NTSSA rules (section 3.10) for specifics on the process. Not sure how easy it is to get this accomplished, but they have the process defined for a reason.

Now.... who had 8/4 in the pool for when the first "release" question would be asked?
not me I'm guessing 8/9 affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soctalk 8/4/2009, 7:54 pm

Ibystander wrote:2good4u,
I might be wrong, but I think any team that doesn't qualify for first and second will play third. If you happen to end up third and your child plays pretty well, you can always try out for another team in any division the following year. cyclops
I understand that if you are 5th in your bracket after round 1, you are eliminated from consideration for classic. Those that are in 2, 3, and 4th in each bracket after round 1 move to round 2. If you are last in your bracket after round 2, you're out. You'll be playing in Plano Premium League. The rest will be playing in classic. geek

soctalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/4/2009, 11:17 pm

soctalk wrote:
Ibystander wrote:2good4u,
I understand that if you are 5th in your bracket after round 1, you are eliminated from consideration for classic. Those that are in 2, 3, and 4th in each bracket after round 1 move to round 2. If you are last in your bracket after round 2, you're out. You'll be playing in Plano Premium League. The rest will be playing in classic. geek
I think thats Plano premier " not to split hairs" . As far as a release ? very few coaches will grant one, cept mabey back to rec. Yes: the release is granted and signed off by the coach . Do you really think you can go to C/L or NTSSA and say we want out cause we didn't make d-1. They would laugh you out of the building . then tell you to get in line with the other over zealous parents . It's an invitation league What are you gonna say? My bb is good enough , his team just isn't. Classic will only usally listen to cases where abuse can be proven. the situation has become detremental to the player or you are moving. Transfer would be an easier way to go . Just take 1 small piece of advice .The select soccer world is very small . Get know as a cronic shopper , my kids "gods gift " and the word will get around . Coaches talk . DOCs talk . Many a kid has been driven out of soccer by a parent that thought they had Ronaldo @ u-11. To cap it off. All the different levels have their advantages an disadvantages . Maybe the bb's not ready to have the crap kicked out of him week in and week out in d-1. Maybe he will grow more getting some confidence it d-2, pp, ap. Maybe they will get to play more than the bench players in d-1 ,possibly passing them by in the years to come. If we as parents didn't let the kids know the different levels ,It would be just that, they wouldn't know the different levels. they would just go play and give it their all. Take it like a man ,play where you qualify, enjoy the year and look for greener pastures next june. Trust me I have yet to see a college or pro scout roaming the sideline of a u-11 soccer game.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/5/2009, 9:24 am

I'm in with Plantit. There are worse things than not making CL the first year -- being player #12 on a team where the coach only plays starters, being with a coach that can't develop fundamentals and improve skill, being with a group of parents that regularly get ejected because they're fighting ... with the refs or each other...

That said, best of luck to the qualifiers this weekend. It's an exciting, nerve-wracking time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas FC 8/5/2009, 3:49 pm

everyone always thinks their kid is a star...why do parents always want out of the commitment they made? You signed up so you must play. That is the rule.
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhorn 8/5/2009, 5:23 pm

If your son can't score 3 goals a game and help your team make Classic then he needs to play in Plano. Actually Plano is a good league. My kids team played in Plano last year and beat some Classic League teams in some of the tournaments around town. Stay with the team and stick it out!!!

Longhorn
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 8/5/2009, 7:42 pm

I have heard that being at the bottom of D1 in the first year can be a miserable experience, its better to be competitive in D2 or Plano.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3