Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FCD - low ticket sales Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FCD - low ticket sales

+21
THE THREAD
scoreNOmore
eagle
Slakemoth
happyfeet
Todd76123
The German
chasematt
soccerrus2
listener
FlatBack4
homer999
afrankw
Tequilapark
Freeatlast
Lauriete
arsenalfan
soccer geek
Its Me
b0013
go99
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FCD - low ticket sales Empty FCD - low ticket sales

Post by go99 8/3/2009, 11:51 am

[quote="Tequilapark"]
2009 MLS Attendance Figures

Note: Click on any team name below to see their specific game-by-game announced attendances.

Team# of Home GamesAvg. Attendance% Change From '08
Seattle Sounders FC
N/A
Toronto FC
+0.52%
LA Galaxy
-23.89%
Real Salt Lake
+6.11%
Chivas USA
+13.48%
Houston Dynamo
-5.29%
D.C. United
-24.53%
NE Revolution
-20.16%
Columbus Crew
-1.51%
Chicago Fire
-22.97%
NY Red Bulls
-26.94%
Colorado Rapids
-14.93%
SJ Earthquakes
-31.28%
KC Wizards
89,788.63+2.01%
FC Dallas
-32.01%

Through 131 games:
2009 Average

2008 Average16,530.73

Change-6.14%
FCD is lowest of all
--------------------

Dallas is not a sports town, it is a winning town. If they plan to fill seats they will have to win. Fans in the DFW area will not show up to watch a team lose. I still remember when you couldn't give a cowboys ticket away, and don't even mention the stars or mavs. A friend of mine from Detroit watched every Lions game last season with the hope that they might win at least one.
We don't have those kind of fans here, we only love you as long as you are winning. That being said, the onfield product is horrible and tough to watch whether they win or not.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

FCD - low ticket sales Empty Re: FCD - low ticket sales

Post by b0013 8/3/2009, 12:03 pm

FCD ticket office has a big problem...without the support and promotion from all the other clubs in NT, sales will stay low.

As long as MLS and FCD continue to promote, advertise, and only support FCD youth soccer club in this area, the heads of Texans, Solar, TFC, etc...will never support or promote MLS/FCD....and why should they?

If I am in business and my competition wants me to promote their product...that would not be a very good business decision.
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/3/2009, 12:08 pm

b0013 wrote:FCD ticket office has a big problem...without the support and promotion from all the other clubs in NT, sales will stay low.

As long as MLS and FCD continue to promote, advertise, and only support FCD youth soccer club in this area, the heads of Texans, Solar, TFC, etc...will never support or promote MLS/FCD....and why should they?

If I am in business and my competition wants me to promote their product...that would not be a very good business decision.
Lol. If they are depending on the youth clubs to promote then they are in trouble. Fix the onfield product and people who like to watch good soccer will come out to watch. Soccer fans do not need their local youth club to tell them to go see a game. They know where it is and when, they just don't want to see it and getting Hassan and friends on board will not change that.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 8/3/2009, 12:18 pm

go99 wrote:
b0013 wrote:FCD ticket office has a big problem...without the support and promotion from all the other clubs in NT, sales will stay low.

Lol. If they are depending on the youth clubs to promote then they are in trouble. Fix the onfield product and people who like to watch good soccer will come out to watch. Soccer fans do not need their local youth club to tell them to go see a game. They know where it is and when, they just don't want to see it and getting Hassan and friends on board will not change that.
Amen! go99
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 8/3/2009, 12:27 pm

go99 wrote:

Aww...but you are wrong grasshopper.. MLS/FCD needs the support and promotion from all the soccer community as a whole.... I agree people make their own decisions to attend or not.

FCD has tried to go to these other clubs and sell discount tickets for whole sections as promotions, club nights, and the clubs have zero interest in promoting FCD. That my friend is a whole lot of empty seats. Seats that may not ever get filled again.
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/3/2009, 12:36 pm

b0013 wrote:
go99 wrote:

Aww...but you are wrong grasshopper.. MLS/FCD needs the support and promotion from all the soccer community as a whole.... I agree people make their own decisions to attend or not.

FCD has tried to go to these other clubs and sell discount tickets for whole sections as promotions, club nights, and the clubs have zero interest in promoting FCD. That my friend is a whole lot of empty seats. Seats that may not ever get filled again.
Depending on youth clubs to fill an occasional dicounted section is not how you fill seat. They seem to have no problem filling the seats when a club from Mexico comes in or the Beckham show rolls in. People just don't want to see them play period. They have a free FCD youth section for all of the FCD youth kids and they can't fill that. You are mistaken if you believe that a discounted Texans nights will far much better. Or maybe they just have much better control over their parents and if they say go to the game the parents will fall in line and go. BTW the biggest soccer fan base in the area doesn't by in large play for the bigger clubs.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer geek 8/3/2009, 1:26 pm

Its Me wrote:
go99 wrote:

Amen! go99

b0013 is correct. A big chunk of the soccer fandom in the area is associated with youth soccer. For instance, neither of my sons will wear an FC Dallas jersey. Although they are both fans of the MLS team, they remain "closet" fans. They associate the jerseys with rival teams on the pitch, and they don't want any part of it. They also never ask to go to games, although when other teams come in (such are recently with the gold cup match and Chelsea/Club America) they were begging to go. If FC Dallas wants to succeed in this community, they need to spend their marketing $$ reaching out to the thousands of youth players (and associated parents), instead of pushing for 6 - 7 teams per age group within their youth club.
soccer geek
soccer geek
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/3/2009, 1:35 pm

soccer geek wrote:
Its Me wrote:
go99 wrote:

Amen! go99

b0013 is correct. A big chunk of the soccer fandom in the area is associated with youth soccer. For instance, neither of my sons will wear an FC Dallas jersey. Although they are both fans of the MLS team, they remain "closet" fans. They associate the jerseys with rival teams on the pitch, and they don't want any part of it. They also never ask to go to games, although when other teams come in (such are recently with the gold cup match and Chelsea/Club America) they were begging to go. If FC Dallas wants to succeed in this community, they need to spend their marketing $$ reaching out to the thousands of youth players (and associated parents), instead of pushing for 6 - 7 teams per age group within their youth club.
So you are saying that if they drop their youth system you and your kids would go to pizza hut park and watch the pro team play regardless of how they play? Maybe your kids were begging to see the chelsea game because it was chelsea. My son was begging to see them play too. He plays for the youth club, has free tickets and is still not begging to go to the FCD games. The FCD juniors games are much better. They should just take a note from Brazil or Argentina. Focus on the youth system and develope players that you can transfer internationally. You will make more money than you ever could thru ticket sales.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/3/2009, 2:55 pm

It all has to do with product. I am asking my bb now how many players from FC Dallas that he knows. His answer: 1 Drew Moore.
If you would ahve asked him that 2 years ago he would have said all of them.
Now ask him ANY European team. The answer is much different.
Product. Product. Product.
That is all that matters.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/3/2009, 3:11 pm

arsenalfan wrote:It all has to do with product. I am asking my bb now how many players from FC Dallas that he knows. His answer: 1 Drew Moore.
If you would ahve asked him that 2 years ago he would have said all of them.
Now ask him ANY European team. The answer is much different.
Product. Product. Product.
That is all that matters.
Well said. The product of the pro team is garbage period. Son plays on the youth team, has met many of the players, has free tickets, and he is not clammoring to go to the game. I wouldn't expect much better from kids from other clubs
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauriete 8/3/2009, 3:18 pm

Heres a reason why the can't fill the free youth section... the seats suck. and only the player gets a free ticket, so unless you know any 11 year olds with a driver's license and who are mature enough to take care of themselves for the whole game, Mom or Dad have to buy a ticket too. I am not sure any of the kids we know who play or have played for FCD ever really used that perk.

Again, the product isn't good either. My kids would rather watch an academy game or an SMU game. They are closer for us than PHP, and sometimes a much more entertaining game.

If you bring in good games and good teams then people do come out. If I were PHP, I would be really worried about Jerry Jones right now. He saw how many seats he could fill with those soccer games, and I can just bet he is lining up more as we type.

Lauriete
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/3/2009, 3:34 pm

I still think location is a factor in this too. For anyone south of 635 heading to the wilds of Frisco is an undertaking. Think it was a mistake to put a pro franchise so far from the center of the metro.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/3/2009, 3:41 pm

Freeatlast wrote:I still think location is a factor in this too. For anyone south of 635 heading to the wilds of Frisco is an undertaking. Think it was a mistake to put a pro franchise so far from the center of the metro.
I vote for using the stadium at fair park. They could have remodeled that one for a nice soccer complex. Dart access and close to the areas soccer fan base
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 8/3/2009, 4:03 pm

Lauriete wrote:Heres a reason why the can't fill the free youth section... the seats suck. and only the player gets a free ticket, so unless you know any 11 year olds with a driver's license and who are mature enough to take care of themselves for the whole game, Mom or Dad have to buy a ticket too. I am not sure any of the kids we know who play or have played for FCD ever really used that perk.
I know a lot of families that use the free tickets, personally I go to most games, but then I am about a mile from the stadium.
And no, the seats do not suck, I dare say that there are no bad seats at PHP, the free tickets are for midfield seats, sometimes first row.
Only the players get tickets, but its not a bad deal, I know families of 4 that have 2 kids playing for FCD, they get 2 free tickets, buy 2 for $20 each, free parking, MLS game for $40 for a family of 4, its a bargain. Parking alone at Texas Stadium is $55, for those suggesting the change.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/3/2009, 4:47 pm

Tequilapark wrote:
Lauriete wrote:Heres a reason why the can't fill the free youth section... the seats suck. and only the player gets a free ticket, so unless you know any 11 year olds with a driver's license and who are mature enough to take care of themselves for the whole game, Mom or Dad have to buy a ticket too. I am not sure any of the kids we know who play or have played for FCD ever really used that perk.
I know a lot of families that use the free tickets, personally I go to most games, but then I am about a mile from the stadium.
And no, the seats do not suck, I dare say that there are no bad seats at PHP, the free tickets are for midfield seats, sometimes first row.
Only the players get tickets, but its not a bad deal, I know families of 4 that have 2 kids playing for FCD, they get 2 free tickets, buy 2 for $20 each, free parking, MLS game for $40 for a family of 4, its a bargain. Parking alone at Texas Stadium is $55, for those suggesting the change.
It is not the park. Think about when Beckham came. It was incredible. You could not find a ticket to that game. Get good players and fans will come.
Not saying that Beckham is a great game changing player but good enough that everyone wants to see him and his circus.
Also what about when Jose Altidore came. That is all my kids could talk about all wee waiting just like they do on Saturdays to play themselves and watch the EPL.
Very Happy

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 8/3/2009, 5:06 pm

arsenalfan wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:
It is not the park. Think about when Beckham came. It was incredible. You could not find a ticket to that game. Get good players and fans will come.
Not saying that Beckham is a great game changing player but good enough that everyone wants to see him and his circus.
Also what about when Jose Altidore came. That is all my kids could talk about all wee waiting just like they do on Saturdays to play themselves and watch the EPL.
Very Happy

Do you really believe that even if we have a winning product the attendance would go much higher? Take a look at the Rangers. They have a great ballpark, tickets are priced well and this year they are winning, however they are still having trouble with the attendance.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/3/2009, 5:22 pm

afrankw wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:
Very Happy

Do you really believe that even if we have a winning product the attendance would go much higher? Take a look at the Rangers. They have a great ballpark, tickets are priced well and this year they are winning, however they are still having trouble with the attendance.
No not much higher but that is not the point with the original comment of FC Dallas having the biggest decline in attendance in the country.
I will say that soccer is still the cheapest professional sport to watch in America. And while Americans are watching the wallets more closely, if they feel that the product is worth the price, they might, just might, spend their money wathcing soccer instead of going to the movie theatre and dinner.
Cant compare the 2 facilities to each other. A trip for 4 to PHP is half the cost of The Ballpark. And who want to watch baseball anyway?

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 8/3/2009, 5:29 pm

The entire salary cap of FCD is smaller than the pay for manye non-starting players on a top European club. Soccer is great to watch when your kid is in the game. Otherwise, most just don't care.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 8/3/2009, 5:34 pm

homer999 wrote:Soccer is great to watch when your kid is in the game. Otherwise, most just don't care.
83,000 persons showed up to see the Gold Cup semi finals, I dont agree that most dont care.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 8/3/2009, 5:41 pm

and less than 10,000 show up to FCD games. You don't have to agree, the numbers speak by themselves.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 8/3/2009, 6:18 pm

Tequilapark wrote:
homer999 wrote:Soccer is great to watch when your kid is in the game. Otherwise, most just don't care.
83,000 persons showed up to see the Gold Cup semi finals, I dont agree that most dont care.

Yes, and the following weekend, 56,000 showed up to watch Chelsea play those other guys. These were just novelty games.

The MLS keeps playing the gimmick card. Beckham, free t-shirt night, etc.... the product is crap and the marketing is crap. It's all crap. There's no buzz. There no nothing.

Years ago, Donovan was in Germany. Then, since he wasn't playing, he wanted to come home. Dallas was the team that was supposed to get him. Nope... He wanted to go to L.A., so the league stepped in and sent him to L.A. Then, there was a 13 year-old superstar, I forget his name. Dallas was supposed to get him too, but he wanted to go DC. So, he told his mom, and his mom told the MLS, and he was sent to DC. I don't care that they didn't come here. My point is that there's something wrong, and it goes all the way to the top. They decided to bolster two already, very profitable and popular clubs. It typical US soccer crap. If it weren't for politics, maybe something would work right.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

FCD - low ticket sales Empty unknown product

Post by listener 8/4/2009, 11:47 pm

I agree. FCD is playing the gimick card...free this, free that, player here, player there. They need to appeal to the fans and make their team a better product. I attended a game that was expected to be filled with 3K people. It was the vs Communicaciones of Guatemala. Tell me they couldn't have given away tons of tickets, fill the seats, allowed people to check out the team, made money some food sales and come out on top. No they expect people to pay for something they have never seen before. When the hispanic teams come out, the stadium is packed, why, because people know the product. Give away some tickets, let people through the gates and see the magic work. But hey, that doesn't sound like a good buisiness practice so ignore it, right? I've been involved in North Texas Soccer for years now and I don't know a single player on the team except one or two. I say let people see and know your product before you raise the price on it.

listener
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/5/2009, 7:49 am

I am not justifying the FC-Dallas or MLS actions (I agree they have done a horrible job in marketing to their key demographics and should not have built PHP in Frisco) but I do think you need to put it in perspective with the rest of the world. The following are the average 08/09 attendance of the top 4 leagues in Europe.

English Premier League: 35,650

Spanish Primera DivisiĆ³n: 28,491

Italian Serie A: 25,324

German Bundesliga: 42,610

I put the quality of the MLS on par with the SPL. Their 08/09 attendance is:

Scottish Premier League: 15,537

Very similar…draw your own conclusions.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 8/5/2009, 9:31 am

Scotland has a population of 5.1 million and has pro 12 teams with the average attendance of 15,000 per game. DFW has a population of 6.3 million and has one pro team with an average attendance of less than 10,000. Not much to compare.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 8/5/2009, 9:50 am

homer999 wrote:Scotland has a population of 5.1 million and has pro 12 teams with the average attendance of 15,000 per game. DFW has a population of 6.3 million and has one pro team with an average attendance of less than 10,000. Not much to compare.
6.3M is a little inflated - NCTCG counts outlying cities like Corsicana, Weatehrford, Greenville, etc that arent really part of the metroplex proper. Scotland doesn't have NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, NCCA, UIL competing for audience.....

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next